Andy20202023

Mar 4, 2023
It was here, when i tried to interact with Maria, but now it worked for some reason, i went from up to her, not directly in a straight line trough those bushes, maybe thats what made it to work
I also am on an auto file, not sure if its my latest save, maybe this also helped

RazeSawr

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
## Pokémon Entrancing Wishes: Community Update – Testing Phase, New Starters, and More!

Hey Trainers!

We're excited to share some big updates as we move into the testing phase of *Pokémon Entrancing Wishes*! Things are getting serious, and we're working hard to polish everything up. Here's a sneak peek at what’s coming next:

New Starters – A Fresh Beginning!

This one's more of a flavor update, but we think you'll love it! Instead of the classic Kanto starters, you’ll now be able to choose from three Pokémon that your character’s mom brought from their former home region of Hoenn (that is why there are sadly no Hoenn girls yet since 8 of 10 would recognize PN from their scammer days either as victims or second hand :p). These new starter choices are:

- Houndour (Dark/Fire)
- Cacnea (Grass)
- Carvanha (Water/Dark)

1727422127267.png

These Pokémon were handpicked to give a fresh and exciting twist to your journey and also fit more in the Player's backstory. Oh, and before you ask—we've created a new Mega Evolution for Cacturne, so each of these Pokémon will have access to a Mega Evolution down the line!

1727422157138.png

But don't worry, the Kanto starters haven’t gone away completely! You can still get them. Just visit Bianca in the Cerulean Poké Center after you’ve collected and recorded 20 Pokémon. Simple, right?

### New Feature: **Shared Computer System**

Now, we know many of you have invested a lot of time in earlier versions of the game, and it can be tough to say goodbye to your old Pokémon (we’re looking at you with a Level 1 perfect IV breed shiny Rattata). So, we’re introducing a new save system that’ll make life a little easier.

1727425544590.gif

How it works:
- Box number 40 will now be converted into a Shared Box. This will allow you to transfer Pokémon across different save files! just move a Pokemon into it from any save file and then save and it will now be there in all other saves file same if you move it out
- Please note, that Hybrids cannot be shared, and when updating from an older version, any Pokémon in Box 40 will be deleted. So, before you update, make sure to move all your Pokémon out of that box!

What’s Next?

That’s it for this week’s update! We’re heading into the testing phase soon, and if everything goes smoothly, you can expect the next release next week or the week after.

Thanks again for all your support and feedback! Stay tuned, and as always, have a champion time!

From,
The Pokémon Entrancing Wishes Team

throwawaysharpedo

Jul 12, 2024
Misty doesn't seem to want to appear in front of the gym for the side quest. Even though I've beat 5 gyms.

I did see her once in the mansion near the entrance and she was gone later. Is there some sort of rotating cameo for the gym leaders in the mansion?

My version isn't up to date though, so that might have something to do with it, but I can't find any bugs about no Misty even in the old patch notes.

I'd like to update but I kind of want to see all the content before I have to play through everything again after the update. All I still need is the Misty sidequest and Wicca but I'm not even sure if my version has her.

Is Mela still hypnotizable post Rock-Tunnel with her new content?

RazeSawr

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
I did see her once in the mansion near the entrance and she was gone later. Is there some sort of rotating cameo for the gym leaders in the mansion?
only for Misty at the moment and kate in Virdian

I'd like to update but I kind of want to see all the content before I have to play through everything again after the update. All I still need is the Misty sidequest and Wicca but I'm not even sure if my version has her.
hard for me to know if you have Wicca or not since you haven't specified the version but save files and transfer over between versions so you can download the latest version and fight her there

Misty should appear if you have two shards and beat the 4 gyms if you have two shards in your bag (one shard from Mt Moon and one shard from Rock Tunnel) and she still doesn't appear you can heal at Cerulean City Poké Center put a trigger there to set the trigger variable to shard amount in your bag

Is Mela still hypnotizable post-Rock-Tunnel with her new content?
if you mean you can hypnotize her then yes you can still do it in Rock Tunnel, and you will get one more chance next main chapter (at least that is the current plan)

RazeSawr

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
  1. ## Pokémon Entrancing Wishes: Community Update – Slow but Steady Progress + Player's Power System

Hey Trainers!

First off, a huge thank you for your patience! With real-life stuff like school and the impact of the Helene hurricane (and hopefully Milton won't push it even further away), testing has been slower than expected. But rest assured, we're fully committed to making sure the game is properly tested and patched before we release it. In the meantime, here’s a showcase of some exciting features we’ve been working on!

Player’s Power – A Refresher!

Some posts ago, I talked about the Player’s Power mechanic. Let’s go over how it works again for those who missed it! Player’s Power gives you the ability to affect the game world in various ways, as long as you’ve collected enough PP points. You gain PP by hypnotizing people, and once you have enough to unlock at least one option, a menu will appear with all the potential choices available (even those you can’t yet afford) you can also always choose to cancel which will lead to the same path as not using your power at all. If you don’t have enough PP to use any options, you’ll just get a small comment hinting that you could’ve used your power there. This keeps you aware of possible interactions without penalizing you too much.

#### The 4 Powers You Can Use:
    1. Trick – Boosts your charisma, allowing you to convince others of your lies. This is a single-target ability.
    2. Teleport – Allows you and things on you to teleport a short distance away.
    3. Telekinesis – A weak but precise ability. Think lockpicking or small object manipulation rather than breaking doors with force.
    4. Grudge – Amplifies someone's emotions or feelings. The only requirement is that you must have recently heard their voice. This is a single-target ability.
  2. We’re still testing this system and are excited to hear your feedback!

1728230953469.png

2. Looking Ahead – Discord Server & More!

We’re also planning to create a Discord server for more open communication about the game’s progress, as well as to provide a space for modding help, donations, and open testing. However, we have a small problem... None of us have experience in building or moderating Discord servers! So, we’re looking for volunteers to help us create and manage the server. We don’t expect it to be huge, but we still want to ensure it’s well-organized and moderated properly.

Also, We Need a Proofreader!
    On a related note, because English isn’t my first language and real life has been busy, we’re also looking for a proofreader to help polish the game’s text. If you’re good with grammar and love Pokémon, we’d love to have you on board!

Interested in Helping?
    If any of these positions—Discord Moderator or Proofreader—sound like something you'd be interested in, send me a PM! I’ll respond by Friday (to help you need to have/get Discord and GitHub). Until next time, we hope you have a fantastic week! Thank you all for sticking with us, and we can’t wait to share more soon.

Cheers,
    The Pokémon Entrancing Wishes Team

Last edited:

RazeSawr

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
Trainer Update!
Hey Trainers! The latest rewrite is wrapped up, and it’s packed with some exciting changes! For those of you who haven't been keeping up, here’s what’s new:

Fresh Starters – Get ready to meet some brand-new starter Pokémon! Choose wisely, as your journey begins with them.

Future Cameos – we also added some future cameos for the main story in the earlier parts of the game to make it feel more connected

New PP System (Test) – We've rolled out a new player/psychic points/power system. It's still in the experimental phase, so your feedback would be awesome! Let us know how it feels if you think it gets in the way or if you want more of it.

Mela’s Glow-Up – Mela has now evolved from a one-time appearance to a full-fledged side character. Look forward to seeing her more often!

Shared PC Storage – Now you can share your Pokémon between save files! Handy, right? But Trainer Warning! Any Pokémon in Box 40 will be sent to the Pokémon Professor’s lab... forever! Make sure to move them to a different box in your older version or before you download the update!

New Gallary system – now when you go into your dream world and go into the gallery the game will remember which scenes you have watched from previous save files as long as you watched the scene before (from now on if you have watched it before you need to rewatch it)

Quality of Life Tweaks – We’ve thrown in a few more updates to make your adventure even smoother—just little things to help your journey run like a well-trained Rapidash!

That’s all for this update, Trainers. Get out there and have fun exploring!

What’s Next?
Coming up, I'll be working on side quests, followed by the next chapter of the main story! After that… yep, another rewrite to keep things fresh and exciting!

Also, our Discord is currently on hold because I’m still looking for a kind soul to help me run it, sadly, no volunteers yet. If you know your way around Discord and want to help shape the community, hit me up! Until then I continue working on the server!

Stay tuned, and as always, happy training!
from the Pokemon Entrancing Wishes team

Last edited:

Anon_3.141

Feb 12, 2018
I'm unable to talk to Mela in Rock Tunnel after having Haxa hypnotize Mela for me. Also, she has no collision after Haxa hypnotizes her for me, meaning I can just walk right through Mela.

Anon_3.141

Feb 12, 2018
Here's a Save File of me right in front of Mela after Haxa has hypnotized her, for you to use to test, if you need it.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes