3.90 star(s) 83 Votes

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
You are talking about human adversaries, we are playing against AI so unless they can read what move you are about to use AI are pretty limited in their actions, but anyways the dev has spoken and we will have pokemon catching.

I know you are not hired only to procreate with pokemon, but you are hired to test Allerita and the Professor also mentions that you can use the gyms and the elite four as a medium to test her possibilities so I'm not against there being an elite four and gyms, but the idea of using non fuckable pokemon to beat the game goes a bit against your job, but if you want to do it go ahead.
So you understand the assignment, but still aren't satisfied with the reasoning? Its simple really. All waifumons aside from Allerita are optional. That being said, you can also bench Allerita entirely and proceed through many portions of the game without her. So far, there is only one story-based event that requires you to have Allerita on your party, because she's the only waifumon that has narrative importance to the game.

So since I cannot control who the player uses and how they build their party, it also wouldnt make any sense to have the game only center around catching and using Waifumon. As Blubbervink stated, as a researcher, your job isn't only to raise Allerita and test her capabilities, but also to explore the region and catalogue what you see. Yes, Wormwood doesn't put much importance into it, nor does he particularly care that you do it or not since his goals are not the same, but its part of your resume as a Field Researcher, and exploring the region is CORE to finding waifumon in the first place. Everything ties together eventually.

Regarding battle AI, its not as simplistic as you think. True, for the most part (especially ordinary trainers) we let the AI do what it wants. Sometimes, it does very well, sometimes its stupid as all hell. But in later portions of the game (and certain compulsory battles) I have adjusted the fights myself by rigging the AI in a sense. Forcing limitations on movepools, changing Abilities, etc to make the AI behave differently than simple "hit with super-effective moves." We implement setup, field hazards, and stat changes to give players more of a challenge. If you find the game easy, good. But the goal was never to make it so difficult that even competitive players will struggle, it was simply to make it hard enough that mainstream players will actually have to think instead of only relying on sweeper setups.

A good example of this are with the type of waifumons provided and how enemy teams are setup. In the beginning of the game, I force players to learn to setup, providing both Allerita and Lopunny (the earliest waifus you can get) with powerful combos that require stat boosting for the highest damage (or in Allerita's case, defense for sustain fights, with Destabilize as a counterweight to turn the tables).

Gardevoir is then introduced, and now players are made aware of using status effects like sleep, to help with Setup for either herself or other mons. Viruark is similar in many ways, but she now comes with the ability to set up multiple status problems and punish opponents for being too aggresive with Baneful bunker. Then you get Tsarevniya, teaching players that Defense can be a better offense and teaching players about longer-winded battles and knowing when to use her ability to negate fire attacks by switching in and out at the right moments. Drakaiden introduces weather effects and how to use it to your fullest advantage, as well as dual-type attacks.

My point is, everything, including combat evolves at a pace, and the enemies are scripted to behave differently to test the player's build. For example, the Stat-boosting tactic will not work against Novus, since 2 of her primary mons have Unaware and ignore your boosts while being sustained tanks, and requires players to think differently. TLDR; its not always as easy you might think. If you're lucky, the AI will fuck up and give you an easy win. But my beta testers and I have gone through each important matchup multiple times and can testify that when the AI does do what it should, the game is far more challenging.

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
You are talking about human adversaries, we are playing against AI so unless they can read what move you are about to use AI are pretty limited in their actions, but anyways the dev has spoken and we will have pokemon catching harder scripted AI fights.
There you have it, we gonna get harder AI. Happy now?

• Haha
Reactions: Badrok

ravenxrena12

Dec 3, 2020
can somebody help me with the damm ice floor puzzle cause no matter what i do i cant get to the other side i have posted a pic of below aw well as up sooooooo wtf do i do im stuck at it for 2 hours

Last edited:

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Is meloetta going to be a waifumon? I've seen a lot of sexualized pokemon and they normally start from those already having a female form but strangely enough I've never seen meloetta in a doujin.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Is meloetta going to be a waifumon? I've seen a lot of sexualized pokemon and they normally start from those already having a female form but strangely enough I've never seen meloetta in a doujin.
If you were in our discord server, you would know the answer to that question.

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
i will say that who ever came up with dredggle is a dick with its heal stal strat bullshit
Bruh, heal strat is basically the most basic stalling tactics out there in competitive pokemon. You can take anything out in 2 turns with moves that makes your next move guaranteed to hit (Lock On or Mind Reader) and OHKO moves such as Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine or Sheer Cold. That, or inflict status effects to prevent your opponent from healing.

Reactions: SINtax EroRR

ravenxrena12

Dec 3, 2020
Bruh, heal strat is basically the most basic stalling tactics out there in competitive pokemon. You can take anything out in 2 turns with moves that makes your next move guaranteed to hit (Lock On or Mind Reader) and OHKO moves such as Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine or Sheer Cold. That, or inflict status effects to prevent your opponent from healing.
yea i did not know that im a casual player

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
i will say that who ever came up with dredggle is a dick with its heal stal strat bullshit
Tell me you don't know how to strategize without telling me you don't know how to strategize.

There are at least 3 easy ways to deal with it.
1) Teach Toxic to Viruark and force him to use up all 3 full restores and Toxic one more time and spam Noxious Infusion.
2) Catch Pinsir from Gym 4 ground floor and use its ability Moldbreaker to counter Dredggle's Unaware OR just learn Guillotine and one shot him.
3) Buy TM Taunt from Eclipse City Mall and use it on Dredggle, instantly shutting down 3/4 of his moves. Kill at leisure.

Dont get mad at the game because you can't figure out the trick to win.

Daramir

Aug 21, 2020
For everyone struggling, here, some advice:

1 - Before you leave the house, pick up the potions from your computer (withdraw).
2 - Before you leave the house, pick up the leftovers from your room and give them to your pokemon.
2.5 -If you struggle in fights, either use double-team or potions. (the latter is the better)
3 - Buy 5 Fresh Water (and only that) at the vending machine. If you run out of potions or water, always restock here, don't buy overpriced potions at the market.
4 - Buy 5 Pokeballs at the market.
5 - Make sure to bring your pokemon to lv 10 by grinding some encounters in the village-grass.
6 - As soon as on route 1, get into the grass and look for the oddish Lv 11 - capture it, it will be making things a lot easier later on in the game, trust me.
7 - Bring your oddish to at least lv 18 in this area while swapping pokemons in fights and defeating the hikers graveler and the girls pelikan.
8 - Catch the mightyena with the megaball from the hiker's location. Make sure it's a female with intimidating. Use oddish's sleep powder, if needed. (This will take a lot of tries, most likely - but it's worth it, trust me. - Save right infront of it and then use f12 everytime it's not female with intimidating)
9 - Get the bunny and get it to evolve and join your team (very strong pokémon).
10 - Make sure to level-up all 4 of your pokemons at the same pace.
11 - If you run into problems, make sure to check which of your pokémon's attacks is the most effective against whatever you're dealing with. And if the problem persists, go and grind 1-2 levels in the local grass.

You won't struggle from here, following this.
Does this not work anymore? I am currently battling the Myghtyena in the cave but cannot use a pokeball to catch it.
pokemon h bug.png

Any help would be appreciated, I remember being able to catch it in my old file, but I recently restarted and for some reason it wont let me catch it.
Im not sure if Im doing anything wrong here, but I dont want to continue too much without catching it.

Last edited:

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Does this not work anymore? I am currently battling the Myghtyena in the cave but cannot use a pokeball to catch it.
View attachment 2829700

Any help would be appreciated, I remember being able to catch it in my old file, but I recently restarted and for some reason it wont let me catch it.
Im not sure if Im doing anything wrong here, but I dont want to continue too much without catching it.
No you're no longer allowed to catch it anymore.

nico360

May 17, 2020
This is the first time I play this game, and the only thing I want to say is that if the final boss is not a red with a gender change to have fun I will cry

3.90 star(s) 83 Votes