3.90 star(s) 83 Votes

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
Just to preface this, I think the game is great and don't have any major issues with it as a whole, and very recently started to play it again after a long hiatus of mine.

Long story short, I made quite a decent chunk of progress after returning to the game (like around 7-8 hours of gameplay) and found the Gardevoir interaction in the house where the trainer gets kidnapped. I saved before the mission on a new save file separate from my main one because I am overly paranoid that I'd get stuck in a difficult area, and went through the quest(?) up until the Drifblim battle. I lost the fight because I had no moves that could hit it and so respawned at the previous autosave that the game made. And then when I respawned here, I saved the game in yet another different slot and closed the game for 5-10 mins because I had irl things to handle. However, when I opened the game again and loaded into that save it would immediately give me a black screen and subsequently booted me to the main menu I then saw that you could load previous saves when you load a file, so I tried all of the previous autosaves on that file which I could, which only gave me the same result. I then tried to load up my other save slots, which to my horror produced the same results. Therefore, I closed the game and hoped that it may fix itself. Flash forward to today and all of my saves have either been deleted or have become inaccessible, including the ones that I didn't try to open when I was having these issues, so I can no longer load them up and the doesn't give me an option to load previous saves on the main menu anymore, only to create a new game.

So, my question is this: can I fix this or am I just fucked and have to start from the beginning again?
(Just to be clear, I wouldn't be that mad about restarting, just peeved that all of that effort was for nothing)
We're all gonna restart the game anyway, since there's a new content with Wormwood assistant that's gonna be added next patch.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
Just to preface this, I think the game is great and don't have any major issues with it as a whole, and very recently started to play it again after a long hiatus of mine.

Long story short, I made quite a decent chunk of progress after returning to the game (like around 7-8 hours of gameplay) and found the Gardevoir interaction in the house where the trainer gets kidnapped. I saved before the mission on a new save file separate from my main one because I am overly paranoid that I'd get stuck in a difficult area, and went through the quest(?) up until the Drifblim battle. I lost the fight because I had no moves that could hit it and so respawned at the previous autosave that the game made. And then when I respawned here, I saved the game in yet another different slot and closed the game for 5-10 mins because I had irl things to handle. However, when I opened the game again and loaded into that save it would immediately give me a black screen and subsequently booted me to the main menu I then saw that you could load previous saves when you load a file, so I tried all of the previous autosaves on that file which I could, which only gave me the same result. I then tried to load up my other save slots, which to my horror produced the same results. Therefore, I closed the game and hoped that it may fix itself. Flash forward to today and all of my saves have either been deleted or have become inaccessible, including the ones that I didn't try to open when I was having these issues, so I can no longer load them up and the doesn't give me an option to load previous saves on the main menu anymore, only to create a new game.

So, my question is this: can I fix this or am I just fucked and have to start from the beginning again?
(Just to be clear, I wouldn't be that mad about restarting, just peeved that all of that effort was for nothing)
Hit f12 to reload or close and reopen the game. Its an annoying bug that happens we can do nothing about.
Just restart the game and you can reload your save. This is mentiones in the guide and on the wiki

Germangandr

Feb 11, 2022
Hit f12 to reload or close and reopen the game. Its an annoying bug that happens we can do nothing about.
Just restart the game and you can reload your save. This is mentiones in the guide and on the wiki
I tried this to no avail, and even went into my AppData folder to see if I can find anything there, but apparently everything is gone despite me never deleting the files myself. (Also, in the files the game is listed as its 0.1 version and not the current one; I don't know if this is simply how it's labeled or if my files have somehow reverted back to a previous version that I uninstalled ages ago, but if not then that may have been the cause)

Drascar

Jun 3, 2018
is there any Exp trainer near the 4th gym?
the level of the arena is 12 level above my own and i cant find a good spot to train anywhere near
and i certainly dont wanna train in the tall grass

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
I tried this to no avail, and even went into my AppData folder to see if I can find anything there, but apparently everything is gone despite me never deleting the files myself. (Also, in the files the game is listed as its 0.1 version and not the current one; I don't know if this is simply how it's labeled or if my files have somehow reverted back to a previous version that I uninstalled ages ago, but if not then that may have been the cause)
There is a likelihood that you saved in an area not meant to do so, because some of Gobbo's side quests remove the ability to save, or expect you to finish it in its entirety before you save again. I'll have to check with him, but its not an issue we were able to replicate. As for the 0.1 listing, its intentional because RPGmaker Xp has this weird and annoying quirk that changes the save location of the game anytime someone changes the version number.

Also, regardless of whether your save file gets fixed, you would have to eventually restart your progress, since I plan to backtrack on past events to either rewrite, or improve on certain quest progressions. I also plan to add another love interest so players now have to pick between Asha and this new addition; Seras.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Also, regardless of whether your save file gets fixed, you would have to eventually restart your progress, since I plan to backtrack on past events to either rewrite, or improve on certain quest progressions. I also plan to add another love interest so players now have to pick between Asha and this new addition; Seras.
Would that mean routes? if so please don't, the moment you force players to do 2 or 3 playthroughs to get all the content is the same exact moment you'll start to see aggressive petitions for full saves and nobody will bother to play the game.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Would that mean routes? if so please don't, the moment you force players to do 2 or 3 playthroughs to get all the content is the same exact moment you'll start to see aggressive petitions for full saves and nobody will bother to play the game.
...First off, this is an RPG. Choices have weight, and decisions mattter. Meaning that yes, while you have multiple routes, you dont HAVE to play through all of it. The gallery for all the sex scenes will be fully unlocked when beating the Elite 4, regardless of which route you take.

Also, saying 'Nobody will bother to play the game' is just your subjective opinion. If you dont wanna play it, fine. Doesn't mean everyone shares your opinion. I make this game in my vision, and have not bent the knee to anyone's wishes since the day it was posted here. I'm not about to do it now. If you don't like the way I make the game, tough luck. People who actually care about the story/lore will play through it again just for kicks anyway.

Reactions: noname202

YaUstal

Nov 18, 2022
The team is not healed during a night's rest in the mountains (onsen). Where can I file a complaint about bad service?

Germangandr

Feb 11, 2022
There is a likelihood that you saved in an area not meant to do so, because some of Gobbo's side quests remove the ability to save, or expect you to finish it in its entirety before you save again. I'll have to check with him, but its not an issue we were able to replicate. As for the 0.1 listing, its intentional because RPGmaker Xp has this weird and annoying quirk that changes the save location of the game anytime someone changes the version number.

I see, in all likelihood I've likely just caused some weird edge case to occur within the game, which is unfortunate. Just a shame since I was trying to get my Volcanion to LVL100 since it's my favourite mon currently in the game (as far as I'm aware), but there's no use crying over spilt milk I suppose. Thanks for the reply and good luck on the game!

Drascar

Jun 3, 2018
Anyone know where i can find a move reminder?
My Tsarevnja somehow learned wish for leave blade even though i said she shall not learn wish

3.90 star(s) 83 Votes