Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Hey guys, just dropping in to let you know I'm still working hard on the update.

Now... I have announced this on Discord and Patreon already... but for those of you who may not be "in the know" -- some of you may be wondering who that girl in my profile pic (and now my sig) is.

That actually has something to do with that surprise I mentioned the other day.

I'm pleased to announce that in the next 2-3 days I'll be releasing a brand new game called Radiant. This game will run alongside Polarity and is rendered in DAZ3D. It is being developed by myself and my good friend (and now co-developer) Alorth. It won't affect development of Polarity.

Hope you guys are excited for this. More info in the spoiler below (game thread coming soon).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Between this description and that title pic, I'll be checking this out day one.

• Love
Reactions: SrRK

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
I am thrilled to see another game by you and your new partner but we all want to see an update for your current game - Polarity -- ASAP

When you mentioned an announcement i thought it would be about a bigger update for Polarity or something -- i am looking forward to the new game but giving us an estimate on the new Update for it would be better. -- I was thinking when you said in 2 or 3 days then the weekend ( maybe early next week ) would be the release but now getting a feeling i am wrong.

Again thanks for all your hard work and sorry if me or others seem impatient but we really are eager for the update -

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Hey guys, just dropping in to let you know I'm still working hard on the update.

Now... I have announced this on Discord and Patreon already... but for those of you who may not be "in the know" -- some of you may be wondering who that girl in my profile pic (and now my sig) is.

That actually has something to do with that surprise I mentioned the other day.

I'm pleased to announce that in the next 2-3 days I'll be releasing a brand new game called Radiant. This game will run alongside Polarity and is rendered in DAZ3D. It is being developed by myself and my good friend (and now co-developer) Alorth. It won't affect development of Polarity.

Hope you guys are excited for this. More info in the spoiler below (game thread coming soon).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You sir, are awesome! I can't wait for this or the Polarity update! I'll be hitting Radiant day one!!!

orcagaming

Jun 15, 2018
"over fifteen of u r favorite kinks" I really hope ntr is not one of them, but if u really put ntr then please keep it totally optional.

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
I know Dammed i am prolly becoming annoying to you ( LOL and sorry ) but i am curious it's been 3 and 1/2 months since last update and i know the virus has slowed things down and now maybe the new game but i am curious about 1 thing. I am not asking for details cause your paid subs deserve that more than i do and others who are not giving you funds.

However again without specific details since it has been so long more than normal can we expect this update to be a little bit bigger compared to your other updates ? --- Thanks and i hope i am not being a pain for ya -- LOL

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
I do not know anything about developing games but most always seem to start another before finishing one. I would think ppl would get more support for finishing a project before doing another. Polarity is awesome and I'm sure Radiant will be great but I personally would like to see a completed project. Do ppl Read 3 chapters of one book then 3 chapters of another book then go back to the first book is kinda how I look at it. Don't get me wrong I Really like Polarity and Was a Patron for awhile and plan to again once i get back to a better financial situation whether its one game or 2.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Really afraid this is taking a back seat to Radiant...
Your fear is misplaced: both projects are like my children and will be completed with the utmost care.

I've been writing stories for over ten years and I've never not finished them/one has never taken the backseat to another.

I do not know anything about developing games but most always seem to start another before finishing one. I would think ppl would get more support for finishing a project before doing another. Polarity is awesome and I'm sure Radiant will be great but I personally would like to see a completed project. Do ppl Read 3 chapters of one book then 3 chapters of another book then go back to the first book is kinda how I look at it. Don't get me wrong I Really like Polarity and Was a Patron for awhile and plan to again once i get back to a better financial situation whether its one game or 2.
:unsure: A little under a year ago I started writing both stories at roughly the same time and I have been bouncing back and forth from the outset. This is common practice for creative projects and releasing both games side-by-side has been my plan from the start. The reason I made the decision to partner up with Alorth and create Radiant now (instead of a little later) is because I'm very close to being financially able to leave my job (I currently work about 36 hours a week, down from 57).

The extra boost I will likely see to my income from a second game might be what helps me do this full-time... which means I will be able to update Polarity faster... not slower. I work three 12-hour shifts per week, and by the time I get home I'm too tired to work on the project efficiently. Radiant will allow me to possibly add three extra days to my game development schedule each week... and because Alorth handles the artwork & animations, creating it consumes very little of my time compared to Polarity.

As for the bit about you wanting to see a completed project: that doesn't happen overnight or at the snap of a finger. Every decision I've made thus far has been a calculated effort to get updates out faster to you guys, but unless y'all want me to just throw 20 minute updates together once per month without much thought put into the story, game design, and overall creative effort... it's a slow process.

It's been over a month that the progress bar is at 99% and still no update. I think that has to be a record.
The level of care I put into these projects is why I sometimes get hung-up on the updates near the end. The game might be coded, written, and mostly shot... but I'm not going to release it to anyone unless I'm truly happy with it (and know you guys will be too). My Patrons understand this/prefer it that way and I've communicated these things to them on multiple occasions for transparencies sake... despite literally slaving away and rarely even sleeping in order to balance the game, my normal job, and the other time consuming responsibilities I must tend to each month which I haven't even touched on.

But hey, maybe if you state the obvious again the game will magically be done sooner.

Last edited:

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
Hey Dammed - Thanks for the hard work and i kind of feel bad cause my comments might have sparked this even though all i ment was to maybe get a rough ETA for Polarity or something and of course praise your work. Do what you need to do and i will make this my last comment on this game in terms of when the next update will be and i hope this other project allows you to do this full time.

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
Your fear is misplaced: both projects are like my children and will be completed with the utmost care.

I've been writing stories for over ten years and I've never not finished them/one has never taken the backseat to another.

:unsure: A little under a year ago I started writing both stories at roughly the same time and I have been bouncing back and forth from the outset. This is common practice for creative projects and releasing both games side-by-side has been my plan from the start. The reason I made the decision to partner up with Alorth and create Radiant now (instead of a little later) is because I'm very close to being financially able to leave my job (I currently work about 36 hours a week, down from 57).

The extra boost I will likely see to my income from Radiant might be the boost that helps me do this full-time... which means I will be able to update Polarity faster... not slower. I work three 12-hour shifts per week, and by the time I get home I'm too tired to work on the project efficiently. Radiant will allow me to possibly add three extra days to my game development schedule each week... and because Alorth handles the artwork & animations, creating it consumes very little of my time compared to Polarity.

As for the bit about you wanting to see a completed project: that doesn't happen overnight or at the snap of a finger. Every decision I've made thus far has been a calculated effort to get updates out faster to you guys, but unless y'all want me to just throw 20 minute updates together once per month without much thought put into the story, game design, and overall creative effort... it's a slow process.

The level of care I put into these projects is why I sometimes get hung-up on the updates near the end. The game might be coded, written, and mostly shot... but I'm not going to release it to anyone unless I'm truly happy with it (and know you guys will be too). My Patrons understand this/prefer it that way and I've communicated these things to them on multiple occasions for transparencies sake... despite literally slaving away and rarely even sleeping in order to balance the game, my normal job, and the other time consuming responsibilities I must tend to each month which I haven't even touched on.

But hey, maybe if you state the obvious again the game will magically be done sooner.
Thank you for explaining the logic behind it and I hope Radiant gives you the boost you are looking for. My job just shut down for 4 weeks thx to the mess in the world right now but I hope to get back to supporting some more of these amazing developers as soon as possible.

death232

Mar 1, 2018
yeah take your time dude but ngl having that 99% bar def made people assume its gonna be ready mad soon :ROFLMAO:

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
Dammed i will say this in this thread too but if there were any doubts you could make TWO great games at a time that should be put to rest now after playing the other game. I went to the other games Patreon page and looks like it's getting good support and hope maybe you get a few more into your page. I think and i might be wrong within 3 months IF not sooner your dream / desire to only making games should come true.

I think i know why the delay for the "Polarity " update as it was to make sure the launch of "Radiant" was perfect and it was just that so again gratz to you and your partner for that game. -- Thanks for your hard work on both games and when i can i plan on trying to give $$ support to one or both of those games.

Reactions: borealis

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
sry for this stupid question but what does ETA stand for?
ETA: Estimated time of arrival. Essentially, what is the expected time for which an event occurs. In this community, event is usually the release time of a game. So read it as "how much time do you expect will pass until the new game is release?" They key word is expect. On different realizations, it may take more or less, but if you average those realizations, you get the expected time.

Reactions: KilljoyTRV

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
ETA: Estimated time of arrival. Essentially, what is the expected time for which an event occurs. In this community, event is usually the release time of a game. So read it as "how much time do you expect will pass until the new game is release?" They key word is expect. On different realizations, it may take more or less, but if you average those realizations, you get the expected time.
thank you ^^

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Well said!

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes