tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Oh he's perfectly fine.if u check his activity, u can see that he's been active in his other game page
The problem is becoming that he was well overdue for this update and now he has another game to work on PLUS i know he proof reads others ( i think ) from time to time like - "leap of faith" if i recall he helped proof read that one. The weird thing is granted he tends not to communicate the best but it's now been close to 3 days without word. I am starting to wonder if something happened in his real life so while a small part of me is annoyed i am starting to get concerned its more then just missing a deadline.

I hope he just got lost in his work etc but i hope he reaches out on his Pat page and/or here with news cause then you got the fact were about at the end of the month again and i do not have to explain why some ( not me at least yet ) he may now wait to release til 1st of next month to avoid people dropping now that he has released his game.

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
Oh really -- now that makes it worse he put out a deadline and now it is almost 3 days past that but he cannot give people on his pat page an update HOWEVER he can find time to communicate to people on his other game.

I will say it again --he needs to get this last update out and then put "polarity " on hold and work on the other game BUT make an announcement on it and i am sure 90% plus ( me included ) will understand cause while i like Polarity the other game is better.

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
I really like polarity and don't wanna see it put on hold. I like Radiant as well but when they say the second game wont effect the first game and yet we are still waiting. Also said when he reached the 1500$ goal for polarity updates would come faster and yet still waiting. Dont get me wrong I think he designs amazing games but i think he should set his release dates with a bigger window. I would rather hear it coming out may 31 then be surprised if it comes out 18th then set a date and repeatedly miss it.

arms99

May 11, 2018
I really like polarity and don't wanna see it put on hold. I like Radiant as well but when they say the second game wont effect the first game and yet we are still waiting. Also said when he reached the 1500$ goal for polarity updates would come faster and yet still waiting. Dont get me wrong I think he designs amazing games but i think he should set his release dates with a bigger window. I would rather hear it coming out may 31 then be surprised if it comes out 18th then set a date and repeatedly miss it.
It's been 6 months since the last release and almost 3 months that the update has been according to his patreon page 99% complete. That is already a huge window.

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
Getting no Polarity update is sad. I think this game will be updated a lot more slowly, since Radiant is making almost 3 times more the money Polarity is making, and that too after just the initial release.

Reactions: HueyFreeman32

Mint-ER#

Feb 3, 2020
Getting no Polarity update is sad. I think this game will be updated a lot more slowly, since Radiant is making almost 3 times more the money Polarity is making, and that too after just the initial release.
Its possible that this is a chicken and egg scenario. Which game is going to generate more pledges?
One that hasn't been updated in ages with minimal communication ect
Or
One that is quite newly launched and seems to have quite a bit more communication from its devs at the moment.

An update of any sort is can only help this game and remind people that it still exists and has an interesting premise.

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
The New game has such a huge fan base because the ppl have played the developers solo games and know the quality work they have been doing. The New game has so many fans not just because its a great game but because the developers already have a large fanbase due to their solo works. It would not have the numbers it has currently if it was a 0.1 from an unknown developer. I would hate to see Polarity stopped when it is what led to such success. Personally for me i was a patron from first release of polarity for a few months but no new update so i stopped. Then I pledged again recently because game was "Soon to be released" and am back to waiting again. I can't even begin to know how hard making a game is but I personally think that the sporadic release schedule hurts polarity 's patron numbers more than the game itself. I truly enjoy polarity and hope it gets the attention it deserves.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
The New game has such a huge fan base because the ppl have played the developers solo games and know the quality work they have been doing. The New game has so many fans not just because its a great game but because the developers already have a large fanbase due to their solo works. It would not have the numbers it has currently if it was a 0.1 from an unknown developer. I would hate to see Polarity stopped when it is what led to such success. Personally for me i was a patron from first release of polarity for a few months but no new update so i stopped. Then I pledged again recently because game was "Soon to be released" and am back to waiting again. I can't even begin to know how hard making a game is but I personally think that the sporadic release schedule hurts polarity 's patron numbers more than the game itself. I truly enjoy polarity and hope it gets the attention it deserves.
Can't you patrons ask him on discord about the delay?

briant

Apr 24, 2020
It is difficult to continue to support a developer on any of their games when they abandon something that is actively being paid for. It's one thing if there were just blanket hopes on release, but he's still receiving income from pledges without any real content provided.

I understand that commenting on every forum from development takes away developer's time, but at least a one liner would be sufficient.

But like everyone else, fingers crossed.

Sep 11, 2018
Can't you patrons ask him on discord about the delay?
Actually anyone can ask on his discord it is listed in the op but devs really don't like it when you ask them that or ask when the next update is coming out. You would not believe how touchy some devs are about that. Not saying he is like that but I seen people banned on other discords for asking. Some even have a rule against it.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thanks for pointing that out.
For some reason i completely zoned out on the fact that they're involved with both of these projects.

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
Sir D while i respect what he does aka his talent he kind of stinks dealing with people cause like i have mentioned his communication skills SUCK.

What annoys me is not the fact there is no update but the fact that in this economy when people support a dev with money it means a tad more since a lot of people are struggling. Example keeping it simple but today the same dollar given is worth more like 2 or 3 per dollar cause of the economy in my opinion. This being the case and in my opinion Devs should be more aware and keep the people who support them in the loop INSTEAD of going silent for days now without a single update as why there is a delay.

Also cause of this i am more then likely will drop support of Sir D and Polarity and look to give that money to a dev who is talented AND respects his pats enough to keep them updated. -- I am sorry Sir D but i wish you the best and maybe this can be a learning experience for you.

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
The extra boost I will likely see to my income from a second game might be what helps me do this full-time... which means I will be able to update Polarity faster... not slower. I work three 12-hour shifts per week, and by the time I get home I'm too tired to work on the project efficiently. Radiant will allow me to possibly add three extra days to my game development schedule each week... and because Alorth handles the artwork & animations, creating it consumes very little of my time compared to Polarity.
Your fear is misplaced: both projects are like my children and will be completed with the utmost care.

I've been writing stories for over ten years and I've never not finished them/one has never taken the backseat to another.
If you are working hard on the game i can understand how annoying being asked repeatedly if it is ready yet could be, but no communication at all will not benefit anyone in the long run.
A simple sentence just to acknowledge if progress is being made shows you still appreciate the support ppl have provided. One of the other games i support on patreon the developer posts every 2 days with a list of everything he worked on in those 2 days.
Personally for me that is overkill, a simple message every week or so to let ppl know whats up would keep a lot of the ppl happy.

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
Sir D --- i hope i have not offended you and i hope there are no hard feelings cause i have my opinion and you have yours and i read what you wrote on the radiant thread about the process. I will continue to support you i just hope you will keep in mind that keeping a semi open line of communication is vital to keeping fans happy.

BTW he did update his pat page and now the game he says should be out by the 26th -- i cannot wait to play this update and the other games update whenever that happens to arrive and Good luck to you Sir D and stay healthy

Reactions: Mint-ER#

Mint-ER#

Feb 3, 2020
Sir D --- i hope i have not offended you and i hope there are no hard feelings cause i have my opinion and you have yours and i read what you wrote on the radiant thread about the process. I will continue to support you i just hope you will keep in mind that keeping a semi open line of communication is vital to keeping fans happy.

BTW he did update his pat page and now the game he says should be out by the 26th -- i cannot wait to play this update and the other games update whenever that happens to arrive and Good luck to you Sir D and stay healthy
Thanks trey for reading the patreon posts for the rest of the thread.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes