harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
The last delay (with estimated release the 26th) was the "final" delay, so now the dev isn't even announcing the newest delay.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah it seems pretty official that this game has taken a back seat to Radiant, which is a shame.
It's interesting to me that it has taken off so quickly. I played it, I liked it, but it wasn't amazing. I think the early success of that game comes down to 1) Good Renders and 2) It's an incest game with a father and daughters, which aren't as common.

It's basically the incest version of WVM, not comparing the games themselves, but the early success. IMO, Polarity has a more original plot, the "daughters you didn't know existed showed up at your door" is how most father/daughter games start.

Last edited:

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
It's interesting to me that it has taken off so quickly. I played it, I liked it, but it wasn't amazing. I think the early success of that game comes down to 1) Good Renders and 2) It's an incest game with a father and daughters, which aren't as common.

It's basically the incest version of WVM, not comparing the games themselves, but the early success.
And the Dev owes a lot of success of the new game to this game too considering this is his first game so its not really fair to the patrons of the game

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
I completely understand why the dev put his focus on radiant, go where the money is as they say. Radiant is really hot right now, I don't get why, but as aforementioned father-daughter not incest but still incest is a surprisingly untapped niche. Look at a game like DMD. The renders are good but the plot is substandard (IMO) but what truly made it standout and what made it a success is the father-daughter thing. The thing I am worried about is if Radiant continues to get more popular and the demand for more content grows, what will happen to this game?

Also, I just checked patreon game is getting ready to be given to the testers which means it should be out soon theoretically.

Reactions: tombeir

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
My guess is this release will make it before the end of the month and i suspect it will be released either late tomorrow or sometime Sunday. I also suspect he has already done a day or less of testing so that is why unless some major bug etc is found it will be out by Sunday.

Sir D and I exchanged some words and while i have pulled my pledge for next month i do think he might be open to TRYING to improve so i might return at some point. I guess we shall see but in the end i am wondering how he will stagger the releases of "polarity " and "radiant" going forward in the future.

Reactions: tombeir

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
My guess is this release will make it before the end of the month and i suspect it will be released either late tomorrow or sometime Sunday. I also suspect he has already done a day or less of testing so that is why unless some major bug etc is found it will be out by Sunday.

Sir D and I exchanged some words and while i have pulled my pledge for next month i do think he might be open to TRYING to improve so i might return at some point. I guess we shall see but in the end i am wondering how he will stagger the releases of "polarity " and "radiant" going forward in the future.
What did he say?

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Hope for him, because some people may think or say that he decided to cash in before delivering otherwise.
Sadly i doubt your optimism.

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
Someone asked me what he said well it was more of a response to what i wrote on the pat page but he got back to it quickly. He then responded to one of my post then i added more than he did too so it was a little bit of a talk but not like a true talk as if we were on discord or something.

He admitted he is not good at communicating and he said he made a mistake in terms of making a deadline that might have been unrealistic for him to hit. He said that the game is in testing and i got the feeling he is trying super hard to get it out before the end of the month. I really hope he makes it but i guess we shall see but i will say this anyone who MIGHT think he is trying to slow play this for the money -- i DO NOT think this is the case.

I just think he is a perfectionist and an artist type and he gets lost in the work and forgets about everything around him. This is kind of what concerns me going forward with 2 games in DEV how can he stick to a release windows. Since polarity before he made this a full time job was if i recall every 2 months or something but now were like 5 months out on this game. I almost wonder if he needs more help in terms of testers for the games etc.

Anyway long ass post but i will follow how both games go in the future and maybe re-pat if things get better. I do wish Sir D the best cause he is very talented and really love his games just not the process on how he gets them out atm.

Last edited:

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Someone asked me what he said well it was more of a response to what i wrote on the pat page but he got back to it quickly. He then responded to one of my post then i added more than he did too so it was a little bit of a talk but not like a true talk as if we were on discord or something.

He admitted he is not good at communicating and he said he made a mistake in terms of making making a deadline that might have been unrealistic for him to hit. He said that the game is in testing and i got the feeling he is trying super hard to get it out before the end of the month. I really hope he makes it but i guess we shall see but i will say this anyone who MIGHT think he is trying to slow play this for the money -- i DO NOT think this is the case.

I just think he is a perfectionist and an artist type and he gets lost in the work and forgets about everything around him. This is kind of what concerns me going forward with 2 games in DEV how can he stick to a release windows. Since polarity before he made this a full time job was if i recall every 2 months or something but now were like 5 months out on this game. I almost wonder if he needs more help in terms of testers for the games etc.

Anyway long ass post but i will follow how both games go in the future and maybe re-pat if things get better. I do wish Sir D the best cause he is very talented and really love his games just not the process on how he gets them out atm.
Let's hope for the best

juanito

Jun 19, 2017

It's basically the incest version of WVM, not comparing the games themselves, but the early success. IMO, Polarity has a more original plot, the "daughters you didn't know existed showed up at your door" is how most father/daughter games start.
Wait the MC is the father? I think I forgot to use the patch :p I mean… I suspected there was a patch, but I found it funny that Gracie said she loved the MC so much and only him, but the MC thinks that they are not his daughters.

Also… I prefer Polarity.

tankdick

Dec 21, 2017
Honestly, don't care how long the update takes however, a dev should have good communication with his community especially after setting several dates and failing to meet them. Radio silence never is a good thing.
I’ve got to disagree. This site needs to place an on hold or abandoned tag on games that exceed 6 months between releases regardless of communication from the developers.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I hope it doesn't get abandoned those first 2 updates were pretty good when they released and i played them. Then that last update came out and it was just getting to the results of those good progressions.

Reactions: KilljoyTRV

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
This game is not abandoned he just got behind and such plus it's in it's final testing so it should be out my guess by the weekend ( if not a tad sooner ) unless some major bug is found but this is just a guess from the stuff i saw him post on Pat recently.

Also i know i have kind of been hard on him and he has earned some of it BUT i do believe he will learn from his mistakes and get better in the future. This being the case i encourage you all not to give up on him but encourage him to communicate better and have a plan so we see regular updates in a timely manner on this game and "Radiant "

Reactions: KilljoyTRV

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
This game is not abandoned he just got behind and such plus it's in it's final testing so it should be out my guess by the weekend ( if not a tad sooner ) unless some major bug is found but this is just a guess from the stuff i saw him post on Pat recently.

Also i know i have kind of been hard on him and he has earned some of it BUT i do believe he will learn from his mistakes and get better in the future. This being the case i encourage you all not to give up on him but encourage him to communicate better and have a plan so we see regular updates in a timely manner on this game and "Radiant "
I really wish he'd just have them slap an on hold tag on this game so we'd stop getting the "is it abandoned?", "too bad it's abandoned" comments. It would temper people's expectations and hopefully surprise people when he throws an update out there for people.

Reactions: Unexpectedheroes

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
There is a post in patreon, apparently it's towards beta tester, so we can assume it's out this week at last.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
He lost a lot of patroens. He was getting like $1650 per month like 2-3 days ago and now it's fallen to $1388 per month. Let's hope this encourages him to take things a little more seriously next time!!
Thats not it, new month everyone loses patrons, Summertime Saga drops like 6000$ each month

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes