Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
He lost a lot of patroens. He was getting like $1650 per month like 2-3 days ago and now it's fallen to $1388 per month. Let's hope this encourages him to take things a little more seriously next time!!
Well I am not surprised. Many people lost their jobs during this last two months all around the world. I think is safe to argue one of the things you stop spending money are games.

But still, like other mentioned, a regular fluctuation. A steep increase after the release of a chapter and a slow descent after the new character bloom is over and you for a new update.

If anything, Radiant is doing good enough that he might want to decide to do this officially for a living, liberating his time for both Radiant and Polarity, which would lead to more updates and that would lead to more interest on both games, making more people subscribe.

Reactions: tombeir

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Well I am not surprised. Many people lost their jobs during this last two months all around the world. I think is safe to argue one of the things you stop spending money are games.

But still, like other mentioned, a regular fluctuation. A steep increase after the release of a chapter and a slow descent after the new character bloom is over and you for a new update.

If anything, Radiant is doing good enough that he might want to decide to do this officially for a living, liberating his time for both Radiant and Polarity, which would lead to more updates and that would lead to more interest on both games, making more people subscribe.
He quit his job a month ago

Reactions: tombeir and Ayhsel

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
Good for him, it's always great if you can work in a field you love. I myself hate the line of work that am I in but I am in too deep and can't leave.

Anyway, the only thing that I am worried about is if the supporters behind polarity start leaving en masse then he might shove this project further into the sidelines or just abandon it entirely. Which is something , I imagine, none of us want.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Public testing has begun right?so it should probably be out this weekend

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Does anyone know why radiant became this big of a hit this quickly? I mean it's good but not as in the same league as being a dik or anything and it's just the first release

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
I am trying to be patient with Sir D as i decided to keep being a Pat for ONE more month but he has been radio silent on Pat for 2 days now. I have made a post now 3 days in a row without a word but my guess is the testing started Monday and taking a wild guess that it will take 2 to 3 days to test then another day to fix any bugs etc. I was thinking small chance for release for today but thinking Thursday or Friday more likely but i guess we shall see.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Does anyone know why radiant became this big of a hit this quickly? I mean it's good but not as in the same league as being a dik or anything and it's just the first release
Everything that follows is my opinion. I will write it as "fact" instead of saying every 5 seconds "IMO". That is why I put this disclosure here. Again, just my opinion.

First I don't think Being A Dik is that amazing AT THE MOMENT (from the point of view of story, characters and so on, technical aspect and quality of the production is top tier). It Is really really good, but so far it is just "life in university" and if anything it is Acting Lesson the reason BADIK hype is that high. That is, the expectation that there will be really emotive and challenging plot moments. He seems to be building things like that. I and believe that BADIK does have the possibility of becoming fantastic. Problem is that is harder to create the same effect. Acting Lesson worked because you were not expecting it. So it remains to see how he will accomplish that, when most readers are expecting shit to hit the fan.

About Radiant it is essentially 3 things:
1) daddy daughter games are really few, and none that I know are drama. While you can find a thousand of "puberty guy trying to bang mother and sister", there are very few father and daughter incest game. And many are not that good. Parental Loving is tolerable at most. Ecchi sensei is pretty good, but its style is on the hilarious kind of thing. Midlife crisis is also more a comedy than anything. Dating my daughter is a bit more serious but it has no real drama. Radiant seems to have a few big emotional moments, like the letter.
2) Quality of the first release was very very good. Not only images and other details but music and the rest. They really polished the product and quality is always a good investment.
3) Expectation. This is essentially the driving factor so far. If you want to think about games as stock, what is driving the "price" of Radiant so up is the expectation, or expected net discount value of the game. The two previous elements I mentioned are being discounted. So people are hoping for a high quality daddy/daughters incest type that will be both something you can fap to and something you can cry and laugh too. It remains to see if the product delivers, but taking into account what Sir Damned did on the first release and Polarity, my hopes are quite high as well.

Still, I want to see more Polarity. I only found it after Dr Amana recommend it and could not stop reading until it was over. The only downside for me was that one of the best characters (a redhead student I think that realize you were a pervert) was only "fun character" and not a main character. Pity.

Last edited:

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Everything that follows is my opinion. I will write it as "fact" instead of saying every 5 seconds "IMO". That is why I put this disclosure here. Again, just my opinion.

First I don't think Being A Dik is that amazing AT THE MOMENT (from the point of view of story, characters and so on, technical aspect and quality of the production is top tier). It Is really really good, but so far it is just "life in university" and if anything it is Acting Lesson the reason BADIK hype is that high. That is, the expectation that there will be really emotive and challenging plot moments. He seems to be building things like that. I and believe that BADIK does have the possibility of becoming fantastic. Problem is that is harder to create the same effect. Acting Lesson worked because you were not expecting it. So it remains to see how he will accomplish that, when most readers are expecting shit to hit the fan.

About Radiant it is essentially 3 things:
1) daddy daughter games are really few, and none that I know are drama. While you can find a thousand of "puberty guy trying to bang mother and sister", there are very few father and daughter incest game. And many are not that good. Parental Loving is tolerable at most. Ecchi sensei is pretty good, but its style is on the hilarious kind of thing. Midlife crisis is also more a comedy than anything. Dating my daughter is a bit more serious but it has no real drama. Radiant seems to have a few big emotional moments, like the letter.
2) Quality of the first release was very very good. Not only images and other details but music and the rest. They really polished the product and quality is always a good investment.
3) Expectation. This is essentially the driving factor so far. If you want to think about games as stock, what is driving the "price" of Radiant so up is the expectation, or expected net discount value of the game. The two previous elements I mentioned are being discounted. So people are hoping for a high quality daddy/daughters incest type that will be both something you can fap to and something you can cry and laugh too. It remains to see if the product delivers, but taking into account what Sir Damned did on the first release and Polarity, my hopes are quite high as well.

Still, I want to see more Polarity. I only found it after Dr Amana recommend it and could not stop reading until it was over. The only downside for me was that one of the best characters (a redhead student I think that realize you were a pervert) was only "fun character" and not a main character. Pity.
Good explanation bro!!

Reactions: Ayhsel

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
The next update feels like it's so close, yet so far away. I can taste the anticipation in the air.
I'm guessing the next update should finally be around the corner? He dropped a message to his patreons only a few days ago.
I can't wait!

Oh yeah, and games with young dudes trying to bang their moms are a dirty dime for a dozen. Father/Daughter games are rare. For nearly two weeks all of my notifications were nothing but this guy and that guy was rating Radiant. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This was really good, one of the rare sort where you read all the dialogue rather than quickly scanning it ... though I did notice that basement girl didn't get a relationship tracker at the end of that chapter so I'm wondering if she'll reappear as I'm into dysfunction and she was certainly that ... I do feel like going after all these girls, even ones I'm not interested in, is going to backfire but I have no idea when some of it might lead somewhere interesting, haha.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
This was really good, one of the rare sort where you read all the dialogue rather than quickly scanning it ... though I did notice that basement girl didn't get a relationship tracker at the end of that chapter so I'm wondering if she'll reappear as I'm into dysfunction and she was certainly that ... I do feel like going after all these girls, even ones I'm not interested in, is going to backfire but I have no idea when some of it might lead somewhere interesting, haha.
My one problem with basement girl is that it seems very obvious she is being sexually, physically, and mentally abused. I wanted to be able to help her get away from the parents but so far that isn't a possibility (super early in the game so I hope we see that added in subsequent updates). Otherwise I am trying to contain my frustration with the lack of updates by just making a mental note that, even though this thread doesn't say "onhold", this game is definitely not a priority compared to Radiant (which I understand and I also want an update to).

Reactions: Ayhsel

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
OK basement girl ? -- i will admit it's been a LONG time since i played the game since it's last release in Dec or early Jan i believe it was but i am having a hard time remembering what your talking about OR did you get your hands on the update ?

LOL

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
When i was a patron of his, few months ago i asked him about the basement girl as i was like you guys (wondering about her situation). Back then i was told she'll be updated and her situation will evolve (because he realized some people were sensitive about it). Just saying that to alleviate your worries.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
OK basement girl ? -- i will admit it's been a LONG time since i played the game since it's last release in Dec or early Jan i believe it was but i am having a hard time remembering what your talking about OR did you get your hands on the update ?

LOL
When you go to the bar and meet the second woman, she has a cat you go and get for her. The cat is held by some people who keep their daughter in the basement. The daughter can't talk, has demeaning words scrawled across her naked body, and only seems to understand that she should be fucked by the MC.

When i was a patron of his, few months ago i asked him about the basement girl as i was like you guys (wondering about her situation). Back then i was told she'll be updated and her situation will evolve (because he realized some people were sensitive about it). Just saying that to alleviate your worries.
Thank you, it was startling (to say the least). And I wanted more than to have the choice of take the cat (her one comfort in the world) or fuck her (and then take the cat).

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
I kind of remember that but it's been so long since the last update and i play so many other games things start to blur together but when the new version is FINALLY released i will do a full replay and see the scene your talking about. He ( SirD ) has said nothing on his Pat for 3 days getting closer to 4 without even an update. I sent him a message on the pat page a few hours ( 3 to 4 hours) ago asking him to post some kind of update on the pat page and so far nothing.

I am starting to think he likes losing pats / money but whatever he is who he is so as much as i and others want him to communicate better not looking like that will happen. Maybe it will finally click with him but not holding my breath on that one - LOL

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Yeah I went in a kinda different direction with her there ... I kinda enjoyed the fact that she was clearly being abused ... I kinda hoped there'd be the choice to lock her in those stocks that were lying around and things ... don't get me wrong I wanted to get her away from her family too, but not really to treat her any better.

Reactions: Crusher56

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Yeah I went in a kinda different direction with her there ... I kinda enjoyed the fact that she was clearly being abused ... I kinda hoped there'd be the choice to lock her in those stocks that were lying around and things ... don't get me wrong I wanted to get her away from her family too, but not really to treat her any better.
I don't think you have to worry either, i was told her situation will evolve. But, i was never told in what way. I understood it as her family situation will evolve (maybe they die?) as for the relationship you want with her it's up to you (lock her up or not). So, i think what you want will happen too, it'll be your choice in the matter.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes