Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
meant to share this here when I finally got answers View attachment 1633026
At least they are taking ownership of the snafus. So often devs just get defensive and outright combative with fans. This guy at least has the self-awareness to know he has made mistakes and apologize for them. Whether or not anything will change is a separate thing, and I'm not saying people should go throw money at him just because of this. It's just nice to see an honest, straightforward "Hey guys, I screwed the pooch. I'm only human." response.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
If he were truly honest he would admit this game is all but dead. It's clear he does not give a shit about it anymore. The only way for him to truly apologize at this point is for him to release the update.

raptr

Aug 30, 2018
Oh man it's hilarious this project is marked as abandoned.
This guy just works the bare minimum to keep his patreon rolling with a few optimistic fans, and it's been like that for a few years.
A true pity because Radiant got me hooked. We'll see what excuse he'll come up with in the next update :KEK:

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
Oh man it's hilarious this project is marked as abandoned.
This guy just works the bare minimum to keep his patreon rolling with a few optimistic fans, and it's been like that for a few years.
A true pity because Radiant got me hooked. We'll see what excuse he'll come up with in the next update :KEK:
There isn't going to be another update. That Discord post up there confirmed pretty much what everybody had been thinking.

1) He's claiming Radiant is the 'paid game' when Polarity is also locked behind his Patreon and a sizable number only subscribed for the latter.
2) He's also claiming "more people have moved to like Radiant more" which isn't hard to anticipate when the other game just fucking vanishes.
3) He's trying to strongarm the idea that Radiant is 'the better game' simply because he has a a collab with another dev on it.

And he's still insinuating there's an update coming. If you go to the Latest Updates tab on F95, which sorts by most recent, and tick the 'Abandoned' box in search filters to only display dead games, Polarity shows up on page 40. Let that sink in.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I miss this game... :(
So do we all buddy. I mean, for all the bitching and moaning(my own included) the fact remains that if people didn't care, they wouldn't complain. If it hadn't been so good, nobody would care that the Dev pretty much told us all to go screw. It's hardly the best game but it did so many different things good enough for the whole to become greater than the sum of it's parts.

Humor, mystery, story, sex, and above all Maggie. Sweet, precious Maggie.

Plenty of other games abandoned and strung along by their Devs I cared absolutely nothing about.

This one? Still stings a bit.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Ok, so just one giant "I know I f***ed up" monologue... How does that help Polarity? as in where does it say he is going to change the way he works?
I'm gonna guess that with the lack of update on the status of Polarity in that statement, that he hasn't been working on it and won't be. I hope I'm wrong but those excuses seem to point towards him not working on it at all RIP

Reactions: KingWeWuz

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
At least they are taking ownership of the snafus. So often devs just get defensive and outright combative with fans. This guy at least has the self-awareness to know he has made mistakes and apologize for them. Whether or not anything will change is a separate thing, and I'm not saying people should go throw money at him just because of this. It's just nice to see an honest, straightforward "Hey guys, I screwed the pooch. I'm only human." response.
I was with him until he mentioned the fact that Radiant is raking in the money instead of Polarity. That to me took it from "owning up to your fuck up" to "okay now you're just making excuses and delaying the inevitable". If that was the case he should've been upright from the beginning or announced that it's officially dead. Dragging it out is just gonna make folks angrier.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Ok, so just one giant "I know I f***ed up" monologue... How does that help Polarity? as in where does it say he is going to change the way he works?
I don't know. All I know is I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and I rarely do that for most devs. But he did own it. He even admitted it was his ego talking. But we've talked a lot outside of this actually and he's been helping me learn the ropes about all the dev parts of the game, and he seems genuine and does take his time out of what he's doing to help. I'll be real though, him prioritizing what makes him the most money does make sense. Not to mention he's working with a team on radiant so he owes it to them to give them his time. He's gotta think of his livelihood and working from home is the smartest way to do things right now if you're present in the real world and know what's going on around with covid and everything. So if this is how he's getting by, can you really fault him for prioritizing his living situation over a passion project that started up his whole career?

Real Deggy

May 27, 2020
I don't know. All I know is I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and I rarely do that for most devs. But he did own it. He even admitted it was his ego talking. But we've talked a lot outside of this actually and he's been helping me learn the ropes about all the dev parts of the game, and he seems genuine and does take his time out of what he's doing to help. I'll be real though, him prioritizing what makes him the most money does make sense. Not to mention he's working with a team on radiant so he owes it to them to give them his time. He's gotta think of his livelihood and working from home is the smartest way to do things right now if you're present in the real world and know what's going on around with covid and everything. So if this is how he's getting by, can you really fault him for prioritizing his living situation over a passion project that started up his whole career?
I really believe he gets a lot of undeserved hatred. Especially considering I see several of these people who talk down on him defend other devs who do similar things. His work ethic is abysmal but we only recognize that people have lives outside of developing if we like their work ethic regarding the game. I completely agree that transparency and communication is key but i don't really understand how he, or any other developer for that matter, owes that to us.

Real Deggy

May 27, 2020
Kinda owes that to his Patreons, another group he completely failed to update, or give any word to.
Absolutely, but It can also be argued that if they have problems with the development cycle they can pull their support.

Also, please don't manipulate my posts even if you are going to reply to a specific part

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Absolutely, but It can also be argued that if they have problems with the development cycle they can pull their support.

Also, please don't manipulate my posts even if you are going to reply to a specific part
Exactly, they could just freeze their patreon if the content isnt being delivered for a long time. It's not only pretty scummy but it's milking be it directly or indirectly on their part and the reason folks get as rowdy as they are about things Devs do here as it is.

Reactions: Real Deggy

Real Deggy

May 27, 2020
Exactly, they could just freeze their patreon if the content isnt being delivered for a long time. It's not only pretty scummy but it's milking be it directly or indirectly on their part and the reason folks get as rowdy as they are about things Devs do here as it is.
For sure. Sadly a lot of people treat these situations like it's black and white but there is a ton of grey area.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I really believe he gets a lot of undeserved hatred. Especially considering I see several of these people who talk down on him defend other devs who do similar things. His work ethic is abysmal but we only recognize that people have lives outside of developing if we like their work ethic regarding the game. I completely agree that transparency and communication is key but i don't really understand how he, or any other developer for that matter, owes that to us.

For sure. Sadly a lot of people treat these situations like it's black and white but there is a ton of grey area.
That's not entirely the point now is it? You just claimed there are people who complain about him, his work ethic and what-not while not doing the same to others. Ever consider that some of his Patreons are the people who complain about other devs but decide to devote their wallets to this dev but may prefer Polarity over Radiant? Or where you just seeing black and white?

Second of all, it's by far not as simple "pull their support". Are they just supposed to shrug away at the money they had already sunk into the dev because they liked his game? "It's okay because he abandoned the game I was paying for to work on a different game". Does the dev simply have no responsibility towards those people who potentially paid $5 a month for 6 months? It's absurd.

Oh, and don't worry. I made sure to incorporate every post in it's entirety of yours that I was replying to instead of simplifying it :)

Real Deggy

May 27, 2020
There is no doubt that they could simply "pull their support.

With that said, that's not entirely the point now is it? You just claimed there are people who complain about him, his work ethic and what-not while not doing the same to others. Ever consider that some of his Patreons are the people who complain about other devs but decide to devote their wallets to this dev but may prefer Polarity over Radiant? Or where you just seeing black and white?

Second of all, it's by far not as simple "pull their support". Are they just supposed to shrug away at the money they had already sunk into the dev because they liked his game? "It's okay because he abandoned the game I was paying for to work on a different game". Does the dev simply have no responsibility towards those people who potentially paid $5 a month for 6 months? It's absurd.

Oh, and don't worry. I made sure to incorporate every post in it's entirety of yours that I was replying too instead of simplifying it :)
I just realized i failed to respond to the majority of the first part of your reply, i really don't understand what you're trying to say there. If that's the case then what I said still applies to them. I am of the mindset that if you aren't giving or have never given money towards the development of a VN on here then who are you to dictate the development cycle or the route it takes. If the developers actions are scummy then...cut ties I guess?

We aren't on Patreon. I can only imagine the Patrons who have issues would take it up with him there. Maybe i have the wrong mindset when it comes to this or on this point i may just be wrong. I just don't see how it's his responsibility to be transparent with every person who feels entitled to it.

I said nothing about "Shrugging away the money they had already sunk" my point is if you continue to support the game monetarily knowing the development cycle is...well...what it is, that falls on them at that point. Don't put words in my post.

I was genuinely asking you to not manipulate my posts, so you can stop with the snide remarks. I realize I can't convey a tone in my text...sorry if asking that came off rude.

Last edited:

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
There was one post he made on his Discord a few months back where he outright admitted that he was deliberately being slow with Polarity's updates because he wanted to "take his time" (that attachment is in one of the posts in this thread somewhere from months ago, I'm not gonna dig it up right now). There's other devs and artists I support on Patreon that will come right out and say if they're not going to be able to work on their content for the month, and freeze their Patreons so nobody is paying to support stuff that isn't being worked on. Dammed did the opposite and milked his patrons for who knows how long, and all but admitted to doing it. This is the line I draw between devs on who's worth supporting, when you give a fuck about the people giving you money.

Worse yet the only people that ever get any REAL information about either game are those on his Discord server. I would think the people paying to support him on Patreon should be at the front of the update line, instead there's just barely enough information trickling out of it to keep people hooked on his bullshit.

And no, I'm not giving him any undue hatred, we're way past that. If any other dev I was following pulled shit like this I'd pull support and put them on blast too. This isn't a contradictory witch hunt, it's reading the writing on the wall for exactly what it is. Rather than admitting the game is dead and that he hasn't been working on it at all, instead he strung along the few people left that were still supporting it for over a fucking year, only to turn around and say 'sorry I lied, it's nowhere near done and probably never will be, Radiant more important play that instead lol'. All for a collab with another dev that's just as bad as he is with starting more shit than he can keep up with.

Real Deggy

May 27, 2020
There was one post he made on his Discord a few months back where he outright admitted that he was deliberately being slow with Polarity's updates because he wanted to "take his time" (that attachment is in one of the posts in this thread somewhere from months ago, I'm not gonna dig it up right now). There's other devs and artists I support on Patreon that will come right out and say if they're not going to be able to work on their content for the month, and freeze their Patreons so nobody is paying to support stuff that isn't being worked on. Dammed did the opposite and milked his patrons for who knows how long, and all but admitted to doing it. This is the line I draw between devs on who's worth supporting, when you give a fuck about the people giving you money.

Worse yet the only people that ever get any REAL information about either game are those on his Discord server. I would think the people paying to support him on Patreon should be at the front of the update line, instead there's just barely enough information trickling out of it to keep people hooked on his bullshit.

And no, I'm not giving him any undue hatred, we're way past that. If any other dev I was following pulled shit like this I'd pull support and put them on blast too. This isn't a contradictory witch hunt, it's reading the writing on the wall for exactly what it is. Rather than admitting the game is dead and that he hasn't been working on it at all, instead he strung along the few people left that were still supporting it for over a fucking year, only to turn around and say 'sorry I lied, it's nowhere near done and probably never will be, Radiant more important play that instead lol'. All for a collab with another dev that's just as bad as he is with starting more shit than he can keep up with.
Fantastic points. This also reveals information I wasn't completely aware of.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes