tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Hello, just decided to join the forum because I've been playing this game nonstop for about a week now since I found this game because of YouTube.

Been trying to mostly familiarize myself with the mechanics and the system, as well as the various monster girls, by messing around on a cheat enabled unlimited run, but I feel like I'm ready to start an actual legit run for those achievements and the endings.

From what I've been reading, is it better to start with Evolution to unlock all the hybrid unlocks, or should I just go for Druid or Creation?

Also, the most important question; which is the best overall support?

Because while I've fallen in love with the ForestStalker for my main damage, and FireDragonGirl for hybrid Tank/Mage, I still cannot settle for a good support. Tried the Trunicorn but it's charge movement makes it hard for getting to the damaged units sometimes. Tried the Naiad because it also got utility for water levels, but man, it's hard to work around those fixed Dive and Growth skills. I heard-ish Seraph is good but haven't tried em out yet. I've mostly been working with either an Angel Demon or Light Fox.

Any suggestions though?
Creation is actually the easiest to use for unlocking all hybrids. But I'd start Evo or Druid and stick with one of them for a bit. I prefer Evo personally, but a lot of people like the Druid more.

Best support is killing everyone turn one.

Second best support is Evo, followed by anyone with a lava gene and healing flame, IMO. It's nice having a DPS/Heal combo spell.

Eldak

Jun 2, 2019
So the wiki says AN_3 has a second event in cave portals, but I can't seem to trigger it. I have a cave portal stabilized and look at all the events but it's just not appearing. Right now I have both Avy and Terranva's portals open but I haven't done them yet, and AN_3 is max leveled. Is there something else I'm missing?

Update: did avy's quest and immediately got the event so I guess the two are related.

Last edited:

Veledee

Nov 7, 2021
Then there's versions for you know, water terrain like water angels, but their default level type just doesn't suit them due to their growth, you want either average or endurance in their case. And a generalist trait to help with their growth, if you can.
Thank goodness for Evo adaptation, since I'll likely start mu legit runs with her and go from there since I'm more familiar with her :V
Best support is killing everyone turn one.
Never underestimate the power of Evo God form and a Kitsune spamming Time Stop and Lightning Storm, amen.
Even though I am still quite new to the game despite how much I play it, I'd opt for either the Lava Lymean or the fairy due to teleport, but not sure to be honest, although the Seraph is good, but I think Nila as Support form could be close unless you do not want MC in a pure support build.
I guess p much anyone with a Lymean heritage, huh...

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Never underestimate the power of Evo God form and a Kitsune spamming Time Stop and Lightning Storm, amen.
Doesn't work like it used to. Only one kitsune allowed in a party, and lightning storm only hits 5 targets...

New hotness is meteor storm. It's lightning storm, except they forgot to nerf it.

Unknownuser5

Dec 23, 2017
I just discovered this game last week and have been kind of obssessed, but I feel like I'm playing too slowly and not making much progress. My first playthrough is probably over 20 hours and I'm only on day 12. I keep having decision paralysis and obssessively checking the wiki. So I figured instead of poring over outdated wiki entries and second guessing myself I should ask people who actually know what they're doing.

I've been following the newbie build in the wiki to try to get a feel for things, but the problem is it often tells you what to do without explaining why you're doing it, so now that I've reached the end I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. My current team is a centaur, lymean and Aila all lvl 10, a lvl 7 eaglegirl, and a lvl 5 seedling dragon and they're almost able to beat the king, I can take out one of his lava dragons and severely wound the other before being overwhelmed. The problem is they're all at max level. I know I can raise their max level by grinding up a spirit to 20 max level and fusing it, but is there a less grindy way to level it up besides just fighting battles with units you're going to fuse away and keeping a couple seedlings in reserve? I know I can train them with Aila but that's limited and it seems like a waste to use on a seedling. The guide seems to steer you towards playing a seedling support character but you can only have 1 dragon and the other types don't seem that strong so I'm not sure how viable it is to have a group of seedling beasts.

Mostly I just want recommendations on how to proceed from here or whether I should scrap this run and start a new one. I played with Evolution a bit and she seems much more fun to play than druid, but I want to see this run out. Also:

- I have a light orb, will getting that to level 10 unlock the light starting element or does it need to be a base light spirit?
- Once I beat the king should I kill him? The guide tells you to spare him but reading the wiki it looks like killing him actually unlocks a major druid mechanic?
- Any specific unlocks I should aim for on this run?
- Any recommendations for fun/powerful Evolution starts? I was playing an entertainer with fire affinity and a succubus and shadowgirl just recruiting everything I saw with decent traits and breeding them together. Which was fun but probably not optimal.

Sorry for the long and meandering newbie post. I really want to get into this game but I see posts with people completing runs in a couple hours and it feels like I'm playing it wrong.

Eldak

Jun 2, 2019
idk about much else but using training on seedling is probably more worth it than other things because they get an exp bonus. Druid also has an upgrade in dex training that lets each seedling reshape increase max level by 4 instead of 2.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I just discovered this game last week and have been kind of obssessed, but I feel like I'm playing too slowly and not making much progress. My first playthrough is probably over 20 hours and I'm only on day 12. I keep having decision paralysis and obssessively checking the wiki. So I figured instead of poring over outdated wiki entries and second guessing myself I should ask people who actually know what they're doing.
Nahh, that's not that slow for a new player. The game has a lot going on and it takes time to learn. Once you start getting into the flow of it all, you'll start going faster and faster.

But yeah, asking questions here will get you answers nice and quick lol

I've been following the newbie build in the wiki to try to get a feel for things, but the problem is it often tells you what to do without explaining why you're doing it, so now that I've reached the end I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. My current team is a centaur, lymean and Aila all lvl 10, a lvl 7 eaglegirl, and a lvl 5 seedling dragon and they're almost able to beat the king, I can take out one of his lava dragons and severely wound the other before being overwhelmed. The problem is they're all at max level. I know I can raise their max level by grinding up a spirit to 20 max level and fusing it, but is there a less grindy way to level it up besides just fighting battles with units you're going to fuse away and keeping a couple seedlings in reserve? I know I can train them with Aila but that's limited and it seems like a waste to use on a seedling. The guide seems to steer you towards playing a seedling support character but you can only have 1 dragon and the other types don't seem that strong so I'm not sure how viable it is to have a group of seedling beasts.
One of the biggest challenges with the games combat is figuring out how to consistently increase NPC's max level. There's a bunch of ways to do it, but not all of them are immediately obvious.

The two easiest and most straightforward methods are breed, which is slow, and fusion using seedlings or spirits. The second one is what most guides recommend because it's quick.

The spirits and seedlings have a fun option when they hit max level to reset them back to level 1. Doing so increases their max level. For spirits, you can increase the level by three each reset. For seeds, it depends on some druid traits, but I think it's either three or five. Spirits also get bonus experience, which is nice because you can power level them fast.

Then when they're at max level, you can fuse them with another creature to apply their max level to that creature.

There's far more you can do with this depending on the character, but that's the very basic, very reliable method of getting max level 20.

Mostly I just want recommendations on how to proceed from here or whether I should scrap this run and start a new one. I played with Evolution a bit and she seems much more fun to play than druid, but I want to see this run out. Also:
Honestly, if you've hit a dead end I'd just restart. Each run will go faster than the last, and they're not meant to last forever. Sometimes you lose or run out of options, and starting over better and more prepared is the way to go. I probably restarted 15 times before I won a game.

And yeah, the characters all play very differently. A lot of people here really like the druid, but I've never been a fan. I always prefer Evo/Crea personally, with Evo being my favorite.

- I have a light orb, will getting that to level 10 unlock the light starting element or does it need to be a base light spirit?
- Once I beat the king should I kill him? The guide tells you to spare him but reading the wiki it looks like killing him actually unlocks a major druid mechanic?
- Any recommendations for fun/powerful Evolution starts? I was playing an entertainer with fire affinity and a succubus and shadowgirl just recruiting everything I saw with decent traits and breeding them together. Which was fun but probably not optimal.
I don't actually know if the light orb counts. Does it have the Spirit trait? If it does, it should count. Also, evolve those into holy spirits, because they're great lol

Killing/sparing the king matters a lot to the druid, but I'm not the person to ask for the intricacies, sorry. I think killing him is the generally preferred method? But I usually spare him on Evo.

For achievements are good to get out of the way...
Insect/Shadow combo - This is one of the best starting NPC combos
Beautiful trait for NPCs - You'll use that with the previous one for your starters lol
Try and recruit all of the NPCs
If you're still within the first 30 days, try and kill a boss mob in a map. Doubly so if it's a mushroom boss.

Those are the only ones I personally really cared about unlocking early with my fresh unlocks file.

Fun evo starters... That depends on what you've unlocked and what's marked in blue. I really like Trainer, because it makes leveling stuff really easy. It's my goto if none of the other interesting ones are preferred at the time. Biologist makes getting skill points really easy, which is nice. Entertainer or Quester are both good as well.

You won't have all my normal traits unlocked yet, but I'd recommend grabbing Beautiful, Resilient, and Lucky. If you have them, Relaxed, Famous, Giant Hunter, and Mushroom Farm are all fantastic as well.

Sorry for the long and meandering newbie post. I really want to get into this game but I see posts with people completing runs in a couple hours and it feels like I'm playing it wrong.
No worries. I like rambling too lol

And speed running the game is something to worry about latter, once you already know exactly what to do at every moment lol

idk about much else but using training on seedling is probably more worth it than other things because they get an exp bonus. Druid also has an upgrade in dex training that lets each seedling reshape increase max level by 4 instead of 2.
Seedlings or spirits. Both are good.

Reactions: Unknownuser5

imelman

May 15, 2018
Seedlings only get 2 levels(4 with perk)each time they reshape and cannot reshape on overworld map, and also unlike spirits, they need catalyst trait in order to be used for fusion with anything but themselves(and result in impure characters). That's what kills them from being an effective level source, though for evolved characters they are fine. I'm stating this because some people still think they are the same as spirits, when in reality they are similar but not the same overall.

If you play druid, killing the king is fairly powerful option; for others it locks out of king's rewards, mythril and potions in exchange for a misc item that gives regenerating effect and has 100 uses of healing for a total of 1000 health recovery - not particularly bad, but considering you have more effective healing later on and the fact it doesn't protect from being killed in a single turn, not so great.

Sparing doubles the cash reward, which is already fairly low and doesn't scale anyway, gives daily income, weekly supply of potions, and allows to continue gathering mythril as well king's objective rewards that are often worth it alone.

Light orb doesn't unlock light element - only basic spirits do, like light spirit, shadow spirit, and so on. The one you have is a evolved type.

You should try to rank up tavern and arena, not doing either or better yet, both is a way to lose to fact you don't have characters that can keep up with increasing difficulty of the game. It's also how I won first time blindly, since they keep my party from being completely useless with tavern recruits of high rank, but also let them be stronger by ranking up.

The game encourages getting the strongest characters, basic hybrids are stronger than base species, but weaker than special hybrids and tanid hybrids, which have good amount of growth and skills that can completely make the battle into your favor. Special hybrids are from fusion/breeding specific combinations, tanids are from creator's hives or being summoned if playing as creator, or fused/bred.

The king is level 10/15/20 depending on challenge rank, which means your entire party should be at least that level before engaging. Preferably with strong units, as noted above. If you can do king's tasks but cannot defeat him, simply delay them by doing them in time, or using high relation by training his soldiers, reroll the quests until you get something doable. Or extend them.

Professions and traits also help in runs, but that really depends on play-style and needs, so let me just list examples; if you want a tougher main character, take knight and have armor at the start, you need greater breeding potential, take farmer, you need to have the strongest creatures and evolved spirits(specifically elite creatures), take tamer, you get one that has solid growth with max level of 20 and so on.

As for traits, there's many, ranging from useful if you are playing creator like strong, resilient and such, to something that is good for backup like eagle eyed, to something that may depend on your needs like beautiful, magic adapt and so on.

For portals, never bring less than 5 party members, and ensure that the party is well balanced - have at least 1 healer/support, fighter, an tank, an fast fighter, and a spellcaster, but it can be different depending on party composition. And venture onto unstable portals if you can; while they are difficult, they are also very rewarding, and have stronger characters and is an excellent way to level spirits up.

Well, I could tell more, but that's as far as I can mumble, since various people have different perspectives to tell, and let's just say not all will agree with it. Some would like to do it repeating the same strategy over and over, even if it fails, some would like to do various things that are fun, but working each time in a different way.

Reactions: Unknownuser5

Unknownuser5

Dec 23, 2017
Thanks for the advice both of you, I think I'm going to continue my current playthrough and just put the king on hold for a bit. Right now my plan is
1. Breed a forest stalker and a seraphim to replace my centaur and lymean
2. Grind 2 spirits up to maxlvl 20 to fuse with them (ugh)
3. Get a few more kings potions to get Aila to maxlvl 15
4. Reshape a seedling to max lvl 20 then evolve it to replace my dragon (this one's going to take awhile but will give it better stats/traits than using a spirit)
5. level Sylvie to 20 to round out the team

Hopefully that should be a decent enough comp to get me through the endgame

imelman

May 15, 2018
Thanks for the advice both of you, I think I'm going to continue my current playthrough and just put the king on hold for a bit. Right now my plan is
1. Breed a forest stalker and a seraphim to replace my centaur and lymean
2. Grind 2 spirits up to maxlvl 20 to fuse with them (ugh)
3. Get a few more kings potions to get Aila to maxlvl 15
4. Reshape a seedling to max lvl 20 then evolve it to replace my dragon (this one's going to take awhile but will give it better stats/traits than using a spirit)
5. level Sylvie to 20 to round out the team

Hopefully that should be a decent enough comp to get me through the endgame
Good that I helped. Though town characters aren't good for late game, their genes/level caps being the main reason. In fact, many unique characters fall in that category, having good max levels for early-mid game, but bad genes for late-game usage, so while they are fun to use, they get outclassed fairly fast, depending on how quickly you can get level 20 spirits or strong characters in general.

Leveling spirits to level 20 is a difficult task, but again, unstable portals, ranked/daily arena with strong characters to protect them, keeping them away from front lines, and then you have a choice; breed them to make more spirits, fuse them, evolve into something you need, especially their final trees that give out an elite character, or a nymph/crystal girl for ice and rock elements, if possible.

Seedlings are more complicated because of fact they do not gain genes each reshape, nor can be fused like a spirit, nor can be reshaped on overworld map, but they are less frail and come with an array of useful skills, with their final evolutions being the prime of their power. Not only that, but their injuries can be easily healed using mana on overworld(only if you play druid, making them without a special role for others), and something you can summon while having unique starters modifier.

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
Intelligent & Light Affinity boost exp gain rates, fyi. farming EXP potions is pretty easy once you set up a farming pair or two.

Here's a farming guide/chart I made.

farm chart.png

bluefish69

Jan 17, 2021
Best advice i can give is, go biologist with evo then rush all the special forms, God form is absolutely broken fun, 11/10 reccomend it every time you can rush it. Thunderstorm will absolutely wreck anything, but be wary, it might vaporize creation if you planned to do the optional task of having her join you

Eldak

Jun 2, 2019
for the zookeeper achievement do different evolutions of the same creature count? I.E. seedling, seedling wolf, seedling dragon, etc

imelman

May 15, 2018
for the zookeeper achievement do different evolutions of the same creature count? I.E. seedling, seedling wolf, seedling dragon, etc
Only unique counts, as in, one of each. So evolutions do count, basically have as many of various types of creatures.

The achievement unlocks a profession that is basically a experience based tamer, that starts with multiple creatures that eat your food income unless you do something about it, like mushroom farm trait, starts with creatures that are handy for travel and early game, but not too good on their own due to their genes, gaining experience each day and get replaced much faster unlike tamer's starting creature, so I don't particularly like it.

Eldak

Jun 2, 2019
Yeah I feel like most new starting classes seem kinda bad but im trying to get all the achievements is why. No clue how to start on some of the harder ones like 600% and lone wolf though.
Also, how do you get the god genetic trait? I saw that people's kitsunes had it but the god starting class isn't the same thing.

Last edited:

imelman

May 15, 2018
Yeah I feel like most new starting classes seem kinda bad but im trying to get all the achievements is why. No clue how to start on some of the harder ones like 600% and lone wolf though.
Also, how do you get the god genetic trait? I saw that people's kitsunes had it but the god starting class isn't the same thing.
Complete the main story as either the shapeshifter or druid and take the appropriate option. By the time you get it, you have pretty much won the game, unless you still have the alternative ending left, which really needs everything you have at that point in order to proceed. Also I'd suggest not looking at only global area of effect spellcaster unit with not the best growth/level type for that, there's other elites that might suit better overall. After all, its meta has been long, long gone. But if you are not minmaxing, its fine for its purpose, but when you have to, you'll notice that it's not the strongest character as people claim to be.

God trait itself has more usage for shapeshifter, as in that case, it can be adapted to more than just seedlings, and the fact said character also has the highest overall stats once fully upgraded in anything that doesn't involve stat changes like more mana for less health. For druid, on top of fact you don't have high overall stats to benefit the most from it, it also doesn't count as proper conclusion of the game, which means king's quests will continue to tick and rivals will gain power/spawn more hives, you pretty much cannot rest and have to do things in order to survive. The other option doesn't matter if you have the portal creating NPC(as long you explored unstable portals for the sidequest)and if you have advancing modifier, as that stops portal generation that is natural anyway. And the fact you can add empowered, its lesser cousin on top of each other, which means 75% to most attributes. But only for shapeshifter, as its only main character that can have both traits, not one or the other.

The achievements that are otherwise tricky like native are best done in new game plus, because you can just skip anything else like recruiting characters from the wild and so on. And rushing the alternative ending skips a lot of bothersome parts of the game, if you can get a strong force quickly enough.

Eldak

Jun 2, 2019
What units do you recommend then? Usually my end teams ends up being phy, seliel, a kitsune, godform shapeshifter, and whatever random unit I end up picking.

imelman

May 15, 2018
To get stronger overall characters, the level 20 gene ones, use spirits that are reshaped for that, tavern at S rank to get appropriate strong characters, make special hybrids which are better than normal hybrids like seraphs, and the end-game will be much, much easier, or turns to doable at higher difficulty. Essentially what I said earlier to others. You can also breed spirits once you reshaped enough to keep an steady supply of them.

You see, unique characters are early-midgame content, often having health at max level depending on level type between 30-50, sometimes 80, while enemies are either the same as them if they are midgame as well with genes, but late-game, you'll see things with more stats and health than unique characters, and that's where spirits come in - you make special hybrids which are stronger than either of what the enemy or you can get otherwise(unless you have anomaly that occasionally spawns an special hybrid which can rival you), but also pretty much mandatory if you want to get things like highest beauty(some of hybrids have high base beauty which means they often get high enough to get angelic with beautiful trait), or the strongest non elite all-rounder, the seraph.

As for elites, there's many for various purposes, the the kitsune might be the spellcaster option, but it's default level type and growth strongly suggests otherwise even with magic growth, so I would rather advise a gem girl for that purpose, but as a support its fine, just don't expect anything gamebreaking unlike what people say it did before. Though again, there's different types for different needs and almost all of them are useful.

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
Fire/Grass Dragons & Ringbeasts (light spirit evo) are fantastic creatures since they're air mounts. the latter also has glowing, which lets you go into shadow biomes, which are FANTASTIC for exp farming early-game (until you can spam exp potions, at least).

I highly recommend the Harpy/Tanid hybrid. It has really solid growths & great fixed skills. Grab + Suffocate, then grab talonstrike and you're ready to go. I might argue it's the best melee hybrid overall. Seers (Lava/Lymean) are also a really solid choice and easy to use.

If you breed Avy enough, you can get 2 of her offspring with the Guardian genetics. If you fuse them, you can get a proper Guardian, which is extraordinarily powerful, but takes up your elite slot.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
What I run depends on if I'm trying to win fast/super hard or if I'm just fucking around.

For the game breaking win, I run the alt-ending character you rescue who's name I can't remember, a kitsune, and then fill the rest of the party with maxed out magic types running meteor storm.

For fucking around, I tend to end up with Avy and her friend, and whomever else I feel like trying out.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes