clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Overseer is mind-control/mindbender/slimegirl copy/crea gene-unlock shenanigans-proof, as is the Horror. You cannot recruit them at all. You get their gallery entry by beating them now.

Reactions: Veledee

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I've recently convinced myself to do the whole challenge lvl 10 thing (is it 10? whichever is needed to unlock the fancy op profession). Before I reach that point in the game though, I have been curious, do we have to start a new game over from scratch each time we complete the previous challenge level? If that's the case, I'm having some trouble understanding how we're supposed to cope with the increased difficulty each time unless we pick the longest game duration, in which case, reaching level 10 would take a fairly long time.

If there's something to this I'm missing, like ideal profession(s) and/or starter comps that can, at least, help me survive the initial difficulty spike while improved characters are bred/fused/acquired, please let me know.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I've recently convinced myself to do the whole challenge lvl 10 thing (is it 10? whichever is needed to unlock the fancy op profession). Before I reach that point in the game though, I have been curious, do we have to start a new game over from scratch each time we complete the previous challenge level? If that's the case, I'm having some trouble understanding how we're supposed to cope with the increased difficulty each time unless we pick the longest game duration, in which case, reaching level 10 would take a fairly long time.

If there's something to this I'm missing, like ideal profession(s) and/or starter comps that can, at least, help me survive the initial difficulty spike while improved characters are bred/fused/acquired, please let me know.
You have to start over. The challenge ranks are separate from NG+. You set them when you're starting a new game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Veledee and ankhtar

imelman

May 15, 2018

Challenge ranks are well, have to be done one rank per each run, slow of course and I'd rather wait for a rework with multiple ranks per run unlocked on top of having more ranks to climb, but once you know how to get early advantage, you shouldn't have a problem climbing them expect the post-10 ones.

For starters, take the angel/shadow lizard combo, as one has good support capacities while another is a strong fighter, or if you want a recruiter that is also a fighter, a poison lizard/mosquito, though they would require things like beautiful for that reason, and in case of mosquito, low max lust makes it rather vulnerable.

For professions take god, since it is very, very powerful and helpful profession that gives level 20 starters, meaning you can sink the points into genes and traits instead of levels, and making your main character less weak during late-game, a fairly good one at that. You can also take lesser ones like mechanist, trainer and others, but as higher the ranks are, the less useful they are expect for ones that give power like the god profession itself.

With traits, there's more; prepared with god for level 20 starters, or without god using stronger starters plus head start for 3 starters at level 15, famous for every town character having 30 relation, start with brothel lady since its very important to rushing it day one, both arena ranks and sex skills for a very high value(not the highest, but for early game, its huge), including adopting royal trait onto her, if you play the shapeshifter.

Never ignore unstable portals, regardless of difficulty. Just try to prepare characters as quickly as possible using arena and you are getting the things going.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Challenge ranks are well, have to be done one rank per each run, slow of course and I'd rather wait for a rework with multiple ranks per run unlocked on top of having more ranks to climb, but once you know how to get early advantage, you shouldn't have a problem climbing them expect the post-10 ones.

For starters, take the angel/shadow lizard combo, as one has good support capacities while another is a strong fighter, or if you want a recruiter that is also a fighter, a poison lizard/mosquito, though they would require things like beautiful for that reason, and in case of mosquito, low max lust makes it rather vulnerable.

For professions take god, since it is very, very powerful and helpful profession that gives level 20 starters, meaning you can sink the points into genes and traits instead of levels, and making your main character less weak during late-game, a fairly good one at that. You can also take lesser ones like mechanist, trainer and others, but as higher the ranks are, the less useful they are expect for ones that give power like the god profession itself.

With traits, there's more; prepared with god for level 20 starters, or without god using stronger starters plus head start for 3 starters at level 15, famous for every town character having 30 relation, start with brothel lady since its very important to rushing it day one, both arena ranks and sex skills for a very high value(not the highest, but for early game, its huge), including adopting royal trait onto her, if you play the shapeshifter.

Never ignore unstable portals, regardless of difficulty. Just try to prepare characters as quickly as possible using arena and you are getting the things going.

We play this game very, very, *very* differently when trying to power through challenge ranks. I said avoid combat like the plague, and all your advice is engaging in combat as early as possible lol

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Keeping angels, or any dedicated healers/buffers really, alive is a bit of a pain in those essence portals when fighting is unavoidable, it feels like the AI prioritizes tagging them, even if it has to sacrifice their most agile characters just to reach them on turn one. Makes me wonder if the inability to self-cast protect is intended just to make things harder.

I honestly wouldn't mind knowing anything that makes the game super easy, more so as the difficulty increases. I'm really only doing the challenge thing to hit lvl 10 and snag whatever it unlocks. I keep my casual, non-cheaty saves untouched on the side. (I am definitely not feeding Avy's critter all over again, that particular save is permanent and eternal)

Unrelated to the whole challenge matter, my only gripe with the game so far is that no single MC can hoard all uniques in the same playthrough. As a collector, this bothers me a little. I get that it's done for variance, replayability and all but still... what if my extremely corrupted creation wants to save poor Vera with her last shred of humanity? Or my masochistic druid is feeling adventurous enough to call Evel? :HideThePain:
I imagine there are cheats that allow it but I'd rather not resort to that.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Keeping angels, or any dedicated healers/buffers really, alive is a bit of a pain in those essence portals when fighting is unavoidable, it feels like the AI prioritizes tagging them, even if it has to sacrifice their most agile characters just to reach them on turn one. Makes me wonder if the inability to self-cast protect is intended just to make things harder.

I honestly wouldn't mind knowing anything that makes the game super easy, more so as the difficulty increases. I'm really only doing the challenge thing to hit lvl 10 and snag whatever it unlocks. I keep my casual, non-cheaty saves untouched on the side. (I am definitely not feeding Avy's critter all over again, that particular save is permanent and eternal)

Unrelated to the whole challenge matter, my only gripe with the game so far is that no single MC can hoard all uniques in the same playthrough. As a collector, this bothers me a little. I get that it's done for variance, replayability and all but still... what if my extremely corrupted creation wants to save poor Vera with her last shred of humanity? Or my masochistic druid is feeling adventurous enough to call Evel? :HideThePain:
I honestly wouldn't mind knowing anything that makes the game super easy
Okay!

in those essence portals when fighting is unavoidable
Did you know that fighting in essences portals is actually completely avoidable? All you need is for the MC to have a high movement speed. Evo is especially good at this, just transform into someone who can fly!

At the start of every fight, simply run to the edge of the map and escape. You can just leave every fight. You don't have to beat a single one. There's literally no consequence for escaping fights in essence portals right now.

That'll make early essence portals really easy for you lol

Keeping angels, or any dedicated healers/buffers really, alive is a bit of a pain
If you want to win easily, the secret is to completely ignore combat until you're OP

The second secret is to completely ignore anything that doesn't end combat on the first turn.

The third secret is that you don't actually have to fight literally anything until you're OP lol

Just turn off the combat related kings quests, and then pretend non-essence portals don't exist. It's super effective lol

Also, if I'm just trying to win to unlock stuff, I don't use any supports or healers. They're honestly not needed. Just bring potions for between combat if you need them. Then stack those deeps because you want to end combat turn one every time.

I'm really only doing the challenge thing to hit lvl 10 and snag whatever it unlocks.
Okay, pro-tip for getting as many level 10 unlocks as possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Find the first male/futa light species and dark species you can, and pair the two up in the farm as early as possible. Set it to milk.

Then grab any of the town NPCs that are useless (so everyone but cass/flora) and tell them to start fishing.

You want EXP potions. You want all the EXP potions. Like, the first game I did on my new unlockables file I unlocked 90% of the species, elemental types, and every perk I could find just by having enough EXP potions to boost an NPC to 10 and fire them immediately.

This is extra effective if you're using the trainer profession. And if you're on evo, add intelligent to everything you're boosting.

Combat is terrible XP until you have a broken team. Don't use combat for leveling.

Combat, however, is amazing XP once you're able to beat fights on the radiation planet. Like, I only needed three NPC's and the MC to beat those fights on turn 1, so I'd bring in 2 randos and level them from 1-20 in like one or two fights. It's also the place to be if you're trying to power level past level 50 with angel potential.

I am definitely not feeding Avy's critter all over again, that particular save is permanent and eternal
This is another one that's only worth doing once you've broken the game. Just avoid it until then.

If you get angel potential, and you should eventually get it if you're exploiting essence portals knowing that you don't even need to fight in them, THEN you can consider leveling Avy's pet. Because once it's like, level 50 and running around with like 50 strength it becomes real easy to boost him. Because you can eat everything. I once got him so boosted that he ate the true ending boss.

Also, did you know that you can eat your own NPCs?

Go into an arena with god form Evo to tank/win, Avy's pet, and a bunch of level 1 NPC's you hate. Feed your own NPCs to the pet. Bonus points if you're playing on perma-death and this is how you're firing people. It's an extra four kills per arena fight!

Yeah, it would be nice if there was some way around that. Even if it was only available after you beat the game.

Like, maybe you can beat the game in a way where like, if you're on Evo you can save Crea and befriend the Druid. Then you can have them around to recruit their unique friends somehow.

IDK, it probably wouldn't actually work, but whateves.

imelman

May 15, 2018

You see, when it comes to supports, you need to you know, give them good armor, traits that do make them strong like resilient, stone skin, potential, and when they have an action left, set them to defend, and of course, the most important supports are those who have both focus and strengthen skill, because of how versatile it is. The complainant about protect is fairly wrong, since it is a target-able version of aegis, it's version that's for self only. And both balanced by long cooldowns, and fact they are best used on characters with really high max health, or someone who is really going to be hit next turn. Enemies will prioritize them a lot, even if there's a non-support target that is on low health and could be defeated more easily than the support itself. And target without armor - much more likely to be attacked in the first place if others have a higher value.

Certain folk say you don't need any support, but that's generally wrong, unless it is a allrounder like seraph, that can have support abilities while also being a though threat for enemies, and the reason you need supports in general is obvious - you need skills like focus, which allows non-agile characters to act twice and kill enemies faster and so on, strengthen allows physical characters deal more damage, greater heal allows you to sustain your party off mana both in combat and outside, and protect can be useful if you send your tank first and others after the tank when it takes a beating from enemies who couldn't be bothered to check on others. Obviously supports like that need mana spark trait, which gives them 25% mana at the start of combat if they have less than that, but it is very, very useful, especially with diluted that results in a character with a lot of mana to both heal and support yourself with, but with minimal magic to defend, so you'd better move them out of danger.

Avoiding combat is not the best strategy overall, because arena allows you to get your party into the right shape both in levels and ranks, and allows you to rush content, as well making money off king's soldiers, once you have appropriate equipment to give them. Even at higher ranks, you still need good starters because you'll need the pieces that not only protect you during early-mid game, but also allow you to reach that in the first place.

Exploring low level portals with unclaimed rewards to evolve the special creature is a preferred method of advancement, since you both fight disposable enemies and get portal fragments after exploration, not to mention taking dexterity option so the familiar has focus skill to use on itself, especially with blink and a great mana supply to begin with. Which evolves into a creature mandatory for the quest, but for exploration with its portal skill its questionable due to its giant size expect the portal it opens, and even worse, once you give up the succubus, you cannot reenter it in any way, which makes it disappointing unlike the radiated world that is suitable for getting max level potions and experience, on top of having good characters to recruit.

Town characters are early-mid game content, obviously meant to supply the roster before you'll get stronger characters, but the guild member allows making of random base level 20 characters for trained level character quests and rituals, that makes them extra valuable for shapeshifter and creator. Well, their unique skills do make them worth keeping them for other duties like working at the brothel after training them using dating, arena and then actual sex skills training.

You know, avoiding combat until you can one shot the enemy misses the entire point of the game...and those shenanigans will be sooner or later nerfed, because they go against the whole point of the game. And even if you do use them, they are painfully boring and requires very specific set of actions, which if you do wrong, will ruin your run. As opposed to fighting enemies until you can one shot them or give them a pitched battle, my preferred strategy that results in a likely victory and a strong party that will never let down overall.

God plus prepared or stronger starters plus prepared plus head start gives 2-3 characters that can dominate early game, obviously in god's case you'll need a town character like the brothel lady, and you pretty much setup for both eliminating money problems and more town characters, who after recruiting the insect guard on day 2, can go straight into the first unstable portal as a 5 man party and win, netting you both the early game advantage and potential characters to now roll over the actual normal portals. That's not mentioning main characters who can make it even easier with knowing trait, but that's another matter entirely.

MajinMadness

Oct 4, 2018
So how do I go about increasing max sex skill? I recall you could just save scum the king's quest if you did not like it but it would seem that's no longer possible. Mostly because I have no idea how to do finish this quest. He wants two with at least one Master sex skill but unless I'm blind and can't find it I don't think the game tells you how?

imelman

May 15, 2018
So how do I go about increasing max sex skill? I recall you could just save scum the king's quest if you did not like it but it would seem that's no longer possible. Mostly because I have no idea how to do finish this quest. He wants two with at least one Master sex skill but unless I'm blind and can't find it I don't think the game tells you how?
Most characters skills cap at skilled level, with at least 1 or 2 being capped at master, then, if the king's quest says a specific skill that needs to be that but said skill caps out earlier, you have 2 options:

Option 1 - training session with your main character involving said part, as long it is maxed during said session, you'll get progress towards increasing its cap depending on your score at the end of it. Fast, but requires your main character being busy for it, and how fast it is is dependent on main characters skill levels, unsurprisingly the shapeshifter and creator being the best characters for said purpose. Not so much for druid, who's limited in that regard, but not exactly unable to do, just not as effective. Focus your actions on what you want to get maxed out and the progress will rise.

Option 2 - farm set to sex training, requiring toys upgrade of course, and a skill being maxed, you use aphrodisiacs on both partners, and better yet said partners being virgins in order to max out their relation in order to get up to 30% per day skill cap increase. This is fairly slow, but levels all skills at once that are capped, is not dependent on your main character at all, stamina wise or skill wise, but you better have that skill reach its current cap because otherwise it won't reach it without aid.

Reactions: kamidds

StaticFit

Aug 1, 2017
I'm trying to make my own way with this game, but I'd like a little advice about openers.

It seems like spirits aren't worthwhile since they always come out with terrible stats and bad genes. What are they for?
It also seems like brothel shows are worthless since they eat so much stamina and net you very little.
Portals in general seem like a waste of time other than picking up new units since rewards are so minimal when compared to the arena. Not to mention that the repeated battle format means it's way easier to pick up an injury and screw over a vital character.
Finally, how do I get stronger characters once the guys I have maxed their levels?

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
This game has a interesting artstyle and there is so many stuff that isn't explained well.
Spirits are good fodder though and i didn't notice that killing the king made the game freeroam until i went past day 150 with the futa character
Unstable portals were a good source of quickly carrying some characters while normal training was the way i upped my starting ones, also i hope the game isn't abandoned because i'd like to see more stuff and new animations too.
like being able to change all characters with potions and sodomizing the king...
i'm doing a female run and haven't seen a futa potion to try on her yet but so far using the evo character is damn broken and i kind of wanted to give him a horsecock too but alas it went to the futa char.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I'm trying to make my own way with this game, but I'd like a little advice about openers.

It seems like spirits aren't worthwhile since they always come out with terrible stats and bad genes. What are they for?
When you spawn a spirit, it's genes are based on your magic strength. Early on when you have a low magic strength, they have low genes. Increase your magic strength and their base stats increase too.

They also have a natural XP bonus, so they level quickly. And when they're at max level you can either reset them with a higher max level, which lets you push them to max level 20 pretty easily, or you can evolve them into a ton of special species. A light spirit can be evolved into a holy spirit, for example. Holy spirits make good supports, and also have a really high base beauty stat so they're a great pick for the brothel. And all the different spirit types have multiple outcomes like this.

It also seems like brothel shows are worthless since they eat so much stamina and net you very little.
This also scales with your brothel rank/score. Early on you might get a couple hundred gold. With a high brothel rank you might be getting 20k gold. For early game this is a great way to use up stamina and make a bunch of money.

Portals in general seem like a waste of time other than picking up new units since rewards are so minimal when compared to the arena. Not to mention that the repeated battle format means it's way easier to pick up an injury and screw over a vital character.
Most people in this thread don't often agree, but I do. Outside of artifact or essence portals, I generally stay out of normal portals unless I have a king's quest to worry about or I'm trying to unlock NPCs. I usually run with the advancing difficulty and the one that reduces portal spawn rates, just because I don't care about them.

Finally, how do I get stronger characters once the guys I have maxed their levels?
There's lots of ways. You can find ways to increase their max level. You can give them more perks. You can pull off some crazy min/maxing with fusion to build super characters. There's essences that'll let you do crazy stuff with them like boost their max level past 20 with minimal costs. You can use breeding to get incrementally more powerful children. A lot of the named NPCs have unique stuff you can do. For example, there's one that you can literally feed low health enemies too and each person she eats makes her stronger and stronger.

It kind of depends on what you want to do or what kind of team you want to build.

imelman

May 15, 2018

Spirits obviously are best not summoned unless you have high magic power; sadly only the shapeshifter can acquire the highest magic power to summon really strong ones, others are better off capturing spirits from the wild, preferably unstable portals due to how better they are in them gene wise and the fact you can encounter evolved ones. It also means unique starters modifier is pretty much not a penalty for other main characters, due to fact they won't summon strongest spirits anyway. They can be leveled up in arena, ranked or normal matches, but due to fact you need the best you can pull in ranked, daily matches that involve your main character and stronger and stronger enemies is your best bet. Or unstable portals. The best overall option due to how many fights you can possibly encounter.

Some people say portal exploration isn't worth it; its fairly dependable, low hostility ones don't offer much, but if you need portal fragments or other resources, okay for that purpose, if you want something really worth it, go to portals with really high wealth/hostility, but said portals are difficult to explore due to having rather difficult terrain - the harsh modifier makes every portal spawn with not so easy maps, like impassable tiles, lots of water, lava, caves and so on, but it also means you are going to encounter greater rewards overall.

In case of hostility, you'd better off with unstable portals as they get higher ones faster than usual, and have fights you need. On top of experience boost, stronger potential recruits, more likely to encounter seals, and more loot from combat which means more legendary items.

Normal characters once they reach their max level, can be upgraded via various items like king's potions but they cap at level 15, or max level potions but those are not so easily produced, and in general you should obtain high gene characters, which cap out at higher levels and have higher genes that make them stronger than characters that capped out earlier. The only characters who can literally become stronger at their max level are either unique characters that have events at said level, or evolvable characters like spirits and seedlings that have an option to turn into greater spieces.

The brothel is the best place to earn money using high tier characters, the fastest way to get big amounts day 1 is brothel lady, obviously requires a specific trait in order to pull that off, but generally, get S arena rank characters with high beauty of any sort, high sex skills and you pretty much hit the spot. Generally the best characters that are likely to get high beauty are flayers, angler fishes, satyrs, shadow insects, water nymphs and others, but generally anything with base beauty of 90-100 which is likely to get the highest possible once the beautiful trait is on them. Some might say holy spirits are good for that despite their fragility and average beauty stat being 85, but a water nymph might be much better if you take the time to reshape the spirit to become a oxygen provider/spellcaster spieces that has more overall uses in combat. If you play the creator or shapeshifter, you can perform shows and eventually reach the point where you can earn a lot of money, but that takes a while and you are better off doing high tier portal exploration that gives more than just money itself. And if you play druid, you can't do shows, which is a good reason to know that.

__LOLZ1337__

Nov 6, 2018
That probably had nothing to do with it. Recources and player are static pointers, so I dont need a script to get them, but to edit any character I need to inject a script into memory where game loads char data.
So if you click on edit character and nothing happens it can be because of
a. there's no char loading opcodes in memory yet (fixable by just going home and looking at you characters to load them)
b. the game version is different
c. the way i find loading sequence in memory is inconsistent (can work on 1 pc and not work on the other, I only have 1 pc so I can't test it)

BTW another thing you can do with this table is edit characters stats mid fight, one cool trick is to lock AP memory record to 2 and everytime you click shift with character selected it gets its ap back. Or ofc you can just give it 1000 strength
Seems like your cheat table doesn't work for the latest version. I mean, that's to be expected given point (b). Here's to hoping that there will be an update of the cheat table!

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Maybe I'm just blind and don't see the option anywhere, but is there a way to keep the default battle speed at x4? Having to manually click it every single time a battle starts is becoming a bit bothersome.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Maybe I'm just blind and don't see the option anywhere, but is there a way to keep the default battle speed at x4? Having to manually click it every single time a battle starts is becoming a bit bothersome.
I don't think its just you. I wasn't able to find a way to do that either.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes