ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
While we're on the subject of Avy and uh... Xhana? I think she was called. If you take them up on their offer, will the large debuff the MC is stuck with in combat in their absence carry over to ng+? Not that it takes forever to get them, but since they're not there from the start, it feels like an oversight if that's the case.

kiDRetadoR

May 17, 2020
Okay, so.. I'm new to this game, I've been exploring everything up a little bit around the world to get a feel for things.. but, there are several things I do not understand.

I have learned a bit at least how to add your characters to your own party, a little bit of information about the brothel.. how to gain money, but I'm completely lost when it comes to the combat system. My main character has a skill called magic grass, which should technically entangle a target if you click on it for two turns, but. The character that I supposedly entangled still manages to move around freely, so.. how does the ability works?

I know it is useful for the armor, but for crowd control.. it's pretty useless.

Also, how do you deal damage in this game? Besides magic, which not all characters have, how do you attack? I tried the training battles several times and I always get beaten to a pulp because I don't seem to be able to do any damage at all.

I'll test out the rest of things later, but I just want to know how exactly the combat system works. The game overall is not very user-friendly, it doesn't really help you much around the world and most of the stuff said in it is rather vague, so any kind of advice or tip helps a ton here!

Thanks.

imelman

May 15, 2018
While we're on the subject of Avy and uh... Xhana? I think she was called. If you take them up on their offer, will the large debuff the MC is stuck with in combat in their absence carry over to ng+? Not that it takes forever to get them, but since they're not there from the start, it feels like an oversight if that's the case.
All passive effects(including permanent boosting effects)on main characters are permanent, including ones from traits like berserker. Which makes the "deal" not worth it for anyone but shapeshifter due to fact they can transform and remove such passives, excluding ones from traits, but those are counted against your passive selection, effectively meaning you have 1 or more less passives to choose from.

Okay, so.. I'm new to this game, I've been exploring everything up a little bit around the world to get a feel for things.. but, there are several things I do not understand.

I have learned a bit at least how to add your characters to your own party, a little bit of information about the brothel.. how to gain money, but I'm completely lost when it comes to the combat system. My main character has a skill called magic grass, which should technically entangle a target if you click on it for two turns, but. The character that I supposedly entangled still manages to move around freely, so.. how does the ability works?

I know it is useful for the armor, but for crowd control.. it's pretty useless.

Also, how do you deal damage in this game? Besides magic, which not all characters have, how do you attack? I tried the training battles several times and I always get beaten to a pulp because I don't seem to be able to do any damage at all.

I'll test out the rest of things later, but I just want to know how exactly the combat system works. The game overall is not very user-friendly, it doesn't really help you much around the world and most of the stuff said in it is rather vague, so any kind of advice or tip helps a ton here!

Thanks.
The elemental abilities trigger their enemy/ally only specials if they stand on same tile as the elemental skill itself, like fire they are on lava, water if its on water, and so on. I don't know how it can be confusing, but depending on skills unlocked, they might be also shuffled in favor of others. In your case, entangle skill also needs grass in order to activate.

Wait, you are asking how to attack with characters? You click on enemy that is within character's attack range(ranged or melee), then as long their attack type is not "unable", which is for plant summons, certain characters like shadow bringers, and magic orb users but those can drop them in order to attack, often using physical(magical with trait)damage onto the target. Charge movement characters do a free attack if they directly hit the enemy in their movement line, which compensates for their inflexible movement.

Overall this sounds very annoying due to literally talking about systems that the game tells in tooltips how and what to do, well sadly not everything which is something I also have a problem about, but enough to explain vital elements of the game.

kiDRetadoR

May 17, 2020
All passive effects(including permanent boosting effects)on main characters are permanent, including ones from traits like berserker. Which makes the "deal" not worth it for anyone but shapeshifter due to fact they can transform and remove such passives, excluding ones from traits, but those are counted against your passive selection, effectively meaning you have 1 or more less passives to choose from.

The elemental abilities trigger their enemy/ally only specials if they stand on same tile as the elemental skill itself, like fire they are on lava, water if its on water, and so on. I don't know how it can be confusing, but depending on skills unlocked, they might be also shuffled in favor of others. In your case, entangle skill also needs grass in order to activate.

Wait, you are asking how to attack with characters? You click on enemy that is within character's attack range(ranged or melee), then as long their attack type is not "unable", which is for plant summons, certain characters like shadow bringers, and magic orb users but those can drop them in order to attack, often using physical(magical with trait)damage onto the target. Charge movement characters do a free attack if they directly hit the enemy in their movement line, which compensates for their inflexible movement.

Overall this sounds very annoying due to literally talking about systems that the game tells in tooltips how and what to do, well sadly not everything which is something I also have a problem about, but enough to explain vital elements of the game.
Ohhhh, that's all very interesting.. I didn't know skills worked if the enemy was in the tile that suited the elemental skill you were about to use. That's probably why entangle for me never worked, although I'm fairly certain I used it on grass tiles at times and it still did not really do anything.. I think it even managed to heal the enemy, but I might be wrong on that one.

The tooltip part, I still have to figure it out. I don't think I have seen tooltips on abilities and stuff like that, and I also didn't know that certain types of characters are not able to do physical damage, but yeah.

This is all valuable information, I'll do my own exploringlater or tomorrow and if I have more questions, I'll ask them. Thanks for taking your time to explain all of this to me :D

Unknownuser5

Dec 23, 2017
Well after all my worrying I ended up continuing my druid playthrough and absolutely stomping the final portal, if anything I was overprepared. 4 magma hammers plus the essence that makes your units immune to lava led to an absolute bloodbath. I was worried there was going to be some kind of twist but it ended up being barely harder than a normal unstable portal. I think some people here are too used to playing max difficulty runs, because Aila and Sylvie were more than strong enough to deal with everything. If anything my seedling dragon was the one lagging behind, despite being lvl 20 and an elite with comparable genes.

Now that I've gotten to the (normal) ending I've been trying to gather my thoughts on the game as a whole. Overall the power curve in this seems kind of weird. I genuinely think that I should have just rested 6 hours more during the midgame even though it feels like a waste. Anything you can do at that point you will be able to do much easier on day 20+, and the game mostly focuses around raising your units max level, since it's so easy to level them up later on.

The game at 30 days feels both too long for repeated playthroughs and too short to fully explore some of the mechanics. By the time I set up an exp potion farm there were only a few days left. Not that it really mattered anyway, as one battle was worth over 2 potions of exp and a couple trips through unstable portals can get you from 1 to 20. While I appreciate that you don't have to spend a ton of time grinding it does make for a weird midgame where you can't really make your team any stronger because they've hit max level but you need them to level up your spirits but you want to wait to level up your spirits because its much less of a slog if you wait for higher hostility portals.

Overall though I really enjoyed the game. The sheer variety of options and units and ways to play is staggering. I already started a new evolution playthrough where I'm going to try for godform as soon as possible and focus on breeding instead of fusing.

Reactions: brattlebob

bluefish69

Jan 17, 2021
Are Terranva a ! event popup in avy's home dimension? did rescue her teacher screw me out of an alternative ending or is it newgame+ content?

Daron430

May 6, 2019
that's good info but my problem is, I got zero clue where Terranva even appears or spawn to start it
You find the clues during the stories of every MC. There is one clue per MC, and a total of 3 clues.

If you dont want to look for them, you can find them here as well (obvious spoiler warning).

bluefish69

Jan 17, 2021
Understood, thank you for the hint. Im not looking forward to the druid run if Evo unlocks godform by the final battle

Daron430

May 6, 2019
Understood, thank you for the hint. Im not looking forward to the druid run if Evo unlocks godform by the final battle
If you want to look for the clues yourself, heres some mostly spoilerfree advice:

- You dont have to finish the runs, the clues pop up pretty relatively early during the stories. Mostly during the MC-unique parts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- You actually have to PAY ATTENTION and READ the storyparts. The clues are not something you "unlock". they are just advices what you have to do to find Terranva. So if you dont read and remember them or write them down... then you have to do it again.

- Once you figured out what to do. You can do "that" on any MCs run.

tontje

Nov 12, 2016
How do you find Devy, wiki says after day 5 in tavern but i've never seen her so maybe there are other conditions ?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
How do you find Devy, wiki says after day 5 in tavern but i've never seen her so maybe there are other conditions ?
That's pretty much it, as far as I can tell. She's like, the one NPC that never fails to show up lol

imelman

May 15, 2018
Only shows up if you play as characters with "members", specifically the druid and shapeshifter. Like how the mermaid that has the albino trait only shows up for them and them only, even if you get the skill that allows to change gender. Which makes the creator main character unable to take advantage of 2 unique characters and their traits.

Like hell, the wiki only tells "partially true" info, as in, information that isn't exactly wrong, but they don't mention who or how, and more importantly, never explain in detail, which is a huge deal in the game, considering complex mechanics and outdated info that gets more and more old as patches go on. So asking users who know the game, which may or may not rely on it is your best solution.

Reactions: Mr.Win

tontje

Nov 12, 2016
Only shows up if you play as characters with "members", specifically the druid and shapeshifter. Like how the mermaid that has the albino trait only shows up for them and them only, even if you get the skill that allows to change gender. Which makes the creator main character unable to take advantage of 2 unique characters and their traits.

Like hell, the wiki only tells "partially true" info, as in, information that isn't exactly wrong, but they don't mention who or how, and more importantly, never explain in detail, which is a huge deal in the game, considering complex mechanics and outdated info that gets more and more old as patches go on. So asking users who know the game, which may or may not rely on it is your best solution.
Good to know.

kiDRetadoR

May 17, 2020
Okay, I figured out some of the mechanics in this game.. having a lot of fun with them, but.. there's one mechanic in particular that I'm still struggling a lot with, and that is.. the sex training

There's a quest from the king in which I have to raise the character's he gives me to a skillful level, in one skill. And I sincerely have no clue whatsoever how the system works here.

You have two tabs, right? One for the character, and one for your character. There's different positions there, and the character has special interests and likes. The question at hand is, how do you suit your characters tastes? One of the characters has these specific likes:

Giving:

Loves: Cock -> Ass - Cock -> Mouth
Hates: Cock -> Pussy

Receiving:

Loves: Feet -> Cock - Hands -> Ass - Cock -> Tits
Hates: Mouth -> Cock - Tentacle -> Ass

Alright, after I know that I select the giver position.. which is apparently my character kneeling down and preparing herself to please the partner.. but, when I select the specific part.. it doesn't raise up her fun... I constantly lose fun and end up having a horrible experience with her.

So, how do you increase the fun on the character? Besides fullfilling demands or with high morale/relation towards you. I am clearly doing something wrong here but I just don't understand why I constantly make the partner lose fun when I'm technically doing things she likes?

And also, what do hands work for? Everytime I use them, I intend to use them on the partner.. but for some reason I end up masturbating my own character.

Any tips are welcome. Thanks

imelman

May 15, 2018
Okay, I figured out some of the mechanics in this game.. having a lot of fun with them, but.. there's one mechanic in particular that I'm still struggling a lot with, and that is.. the sex training

There's a quest from the king in which I have to raise the character's he gives me to a skillful level, in one skill. And I sincerely have no clue whatsoever how the system works here.

You have two tabs, right? One for the character, and one for your character. There's different positions there, and the character has special interests and likes. The question at hand is, how do you suit your characters tastes? One of the characters has these specific likes:

Giving:

Loves: Cock -> Ass - Cock -> Mouth
Hates: Cock -> Pussy

Receiving:

Loves: Feet -> Cock - Hands -> Ass - Cock -> Tits
Hates: Mouth -> Cock - Tentacle -> Ass

Alright, after I know that I select the giver position.. which is apparently my character kneeling down and preparing herself to please the partner.. but, when I select the specific part.. it doesn't raise up her fun... I constantly lose fun and end up having a horrible experience with her.

So, how do you increase the fun on the character? Besides fullfilling demands or with high morale/relation towards you. I am clearly doing something wrong here but I just don't understand why I constantly make the partner lose fun when I'm technically doing things she likes?

And also, what do hands work for? Everytime I use them, I intend to use them on the partner.. but for some reason I end up masturbating my own character.

Any tips are welcome. Thanks
There's 2 training options; the one where you can pair any character that isn't in the farm and separately do something while costing 10 minutes each try and unable to raise skill caps, but if the action is something they like when giving/receiving, they'll get a bonus to skill experience, which is very important to know their likes. Madam profession makes this an complete non-issue but is otherwise questionable, the brothel lady can reveal up to 2 likes per day for a price or for free depending on relation.

The other option, which is also part of character's quests, like training sessions, is personal, you need stamina and you need to use as many actions as you can on your partner, if you want to raise their skills and fun, though depending on their personality, and quests you have, you might want to perform actions on yourself, since training both of those, the most optimal way, is fairly tricky with the demands they have depending on personality, or whatever issues you might otherwise have, like a quest telling you so that results in your original plan of raising levels/caps changed to what the quest demands.

Obviously training sessions are the best option if you don't know character's likes/dislikes as its completly unaffected penalty wise, only fun is decreased/increased depending on what they like/dislike, submissive/dominant requiring you either to take actions on them/on self based on their personality.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes