Settum

Jan 10, 2019
There might have been extra things to do with AN3 and/or Terranva, but it's been a long time since I went/completed that route and am waiting for the next update to do another full run.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
is ther any update on the developement? its been 3 month since the last post on patreon
That's the usual update timetable. There's no weekly or monthly posts on Patreon, as you can see, only updates/releases and sometimes info about the new project, since portals are almost done.

Sep 23, 2017
That's the usual update timetable. There's no weekly or monthly posts on Patreon, as you can see, only updates/releases and sometimes info about the new project, since portals are almost done.
Almost done? So there will be no audio in the game? =/

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
I don't believe so, but don't take my statement for granted. Personally, I like that there's no audio, since I can put on my own playlist in the background and a bad implementation of it would actually hurt the game more. The Syvaron obviously is an artist first, thus releases being free and public.
Also, when I said the game is almost done, I was simply stating what I understood from the posts, since, there's little more to implement, but that doesn't mean Syvaron won't add to it or polish parts lacking.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
It feels like the core gameplay loop is pretty much done. From whatever info I could glean from patreon when I last checked, it seems like, at this point, he'll be focusing on adding more uniques, hybrids and/or base species(?), and basically some sort of backstories/quest chains for the uniques, sort of like what Avy has (is her quest complete? if so, it's a bit of a bummer you can't do anything for her teacher). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a hot minute since I last checked it.

I always felt like the game is sorely missing some rpg elements like that, but then, that's hardly the part that makes it enjoyable to play in the first place, I suppose.

Reactions: Settum

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
It feels like the core gameplay loop is pretty much done. From whatever info I could glean from patreon when I last checked, it seems like, at this point, he'll be focusing on adding more uniques, hybrids and/or base species(?), and basically some sort of backstories/quest chains for the uniques, sort of like what Avy has (is her quest complete? if so, it's a bit of a bummer you can't do anything for her teacher). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a hot minute since I last checked it.

I always felt like the game is sorely missing some rpg elements like that, but then, that's hardly the part that makes it enjoyable to play in the first place, I suppose.
Based on the art that he posts, most of which gets put into the game, I'd say you're right. A lot of the work being done seems to be fleshing stuff out or expanding on the existing content.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
So far the only surprise I've run into was the fact that you can no longer escape turn 1. That changes a lot, surprisingly. You can still pull off cheese, but you gotta plan for it. You need someone who can take a hit, and will have two AP afterwards.

ForestStalker for the win. Buy some early herbs off the crafting menu and Evo can cheese her way through essence portals with... well, not ease. I can't survive a single turn in legendary portals lol

edit: Best update ever
1639008977339.png

Except, why can't I pet the cat thing?
1639011224519.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikedakazemiya

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Admittedly I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the passive morale gain characters get while at home, but I'm wondering if there's something inherent to Creation that makes it drop to a negative value? Maybe the ever increasing presence of tanid/shadow hybrids, her own corruption, or some other invisible value we have no access to, I don't know. Eventually I noticed that, on basic accommodations, characters we're getting a -1 hit to morale every day. Moving them over to luxury only increased this to a meager +1, setting them to "have fun" didn't help (much) either.

I mean, there's ways to counter that eventually, but I'm genuinely curious about what's causing it.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Alright, I played the new patch for a bit, and noticed a fair amount of changes:

The partner trait now costs the same as famous, but famous is still better overall due to fact you'll have to date them anyway(dating modifier doesn't stop that)expect maybe the arena centaur because of fact that you'll need the training to either level up characters, including soldiers when you arrange arena fights for recruits anyway.

The stat traits for main characters like resilient now actually matter for more than creator main character, but also make her less weak due to fact they give base bonuses now, which does stack with god profession and any other stat boosts. Still, not particularly great compared to traits that have an immediate effects, or late-game advantage like giant hunter, but things like beautiful was always useful for shapeshifter and creator due to upgrades they have.

At times where the town character is away, you have other character taking their place, like a seal in case of mermaid shopkeeper that can be petted for various things, a vampire barmaid that you can drink blood from to get a permanent increase in stamina/morale, arena collectors that at cost of 1 energy per battle give you both increased temporary max lust and focus effect which is nice, and more things that I could consider good touches.

Now for skill changes - teleport costs 4 isntead of 7, and doesn't give a shield, making it a long range escape/engagement skill that no longer allows some rather nasty strategies or cleansing the target, but now it is useable on characters who don't have much magic to begin with.

Focus only lasts 2 turns instead of 3, but focus given by chaotic still lasts 3 turns. Makes sense, since it is very flexible skill for non-agile characters, and having 2 action points to attack twice at full strength without the stat disadvantage of agile characters is a very strong point.

Some characters now have dodge, and some jump characters have it instead, which is basically opposite of jump, you have to be engaged to an enemy, but the tile you want to go must not have an adjacent enemy, so you can have a enemy who's engaged to someone or a mermaid you want to keep distance from, and then dodge so your unit is spared from their attacks. And it costs nothing, so its good for hit and run characters.

There's 2 special hybrids, one has a special requirement I did not reach yet, the other is beast/succubus related, which has a skill that deals good damage and allows for removal of defending from target, and if the caster is in shadow form, like from mistform or another shadow character like shadow bringer, it gives a strength buff on top of dealing full damage, which is good, since it allows for a rather strong attacker with solid stat growth and abilities to attack enemies with. That's not mentioning new nymphs and such, but I'll have to check.

A random profession can be set in gold, which results in getting more starting gold, more items, and more importantly, an extra essence option for first essence portal, meaning if you stack the special seal and scientist effects, you can have up to 5 different choices of essence pick in case of legendary essence portal, or 6 in rare, or 7 in common, which may help but not really necessary.

The library is much better now, instead of scrambled segments, it now tells what you really have to do, which is nice, because people like myself got confused at first and only succeeded through experimentation, some with unpleasant results, but now I know when and where I must go expect for secret cases, but those are gotten once you play all main characters.

The robots, and their profession, mechanist, while still powerful options if used together, they now require actually killing the robots or completing the king's quests, and the mirthil description in crafting menu says exactly that, though due to fact you can't really boost them fast using resources and you have to use spirits to do so, it makes them more of mid-late game things rather than old early-mid game things that once you start farming them you pretty much snowball as long you have a level 20 spirit to do so. Oh and a little thing; the robots, as long you have the trait enabled on, can make tavern quests that give out eggs be impure hybrids of them, which means less pain of mechanists to make them reproduce in order to get fusion robots that make more fusion robots that can be turned into the strongest non-elite characters in the game.

The brothel shows also have another character that gives out rewards for shows; you cannot have said character services if you play druid from what I know, but he got other compensations for that, and that makes shows for 2 female characters actually usable, not just for money, but also for potential special reward when you do reach the max rank on top of improved art.

Dating now rewards less relation and can be only done once per day, which means no brothel lady day one without partner trait but it doesn't matter since 2 dates are enough, but to make up for that, you have new cards, more score increase options, unique characters having special card decks, a card that decreases fun but doubles your score allowing you to reach 200+ much easier, and so on. Obviously dating still gives rare items and legendaries while making said characters better prostitutes, and the mermaid shopkeeper and unicorn librarian still have the doubled relation gain/loss effect, which means you can recruit them day one(day two in case of mermaid with dating modifier).

Now relation quests on top of being more varied and love energy being more useful as it gives permanent strength/magic charges similar to power up passive, they can also increase character's base stats, which allows for otherwise capped characters to get even higher potential.

Challenge rank 1 now adds an extra layer of difficulty, inability to escape turn 1, but it doesn't really matter when you have to fight through enemies if you want to win. And adamant/special battles prevent you from retreating anyway, which means it doesn't change tactics in the long run much aside from types who prefer avoiding combat. Well, I am still waiting for a system that unlocks multiple ranks at once per tier as long you do them all at once, while being able to select individual ones similar to modifiers for a customized game. And more ranks to climb, since using certain strategies, you can reach rank 20 and even 30, but it was an exhausting process which makes me want something that separates them by tier while having more unique effects to tackle on, like starting buffs for enemies and debuffs for allies.

And characters now can choose between shielding/defending, which makes traits like defensive less unique, but also makes vitality, a rare endurance character trait usable, since previously, due to fact defending effects were pretty much rare, the immunity it provides didn't came into play often when you needed it, and now it's actually usable - if a character has enough health and magic to block an attack with minimal damage to health, shield, otherwise defend.

Hidden power for shapeshifter still allows you to select true damage option for characters but not crystal for their element type, which is strange, since true damage comes into play once enemies at higher challenge ranks get bonus armor, which is otherwise hard to counter without piercing claws/elemental weaknesses, or when fighting a mixture of enemies that your elements cannot counter them effectively.

The new unique character is related to vampire barmaid, and while not as useful as medical spider girl because of said one utility, the fact it's a versatile early-game support/attacker is nice to have. Strangely doesn't have unique trait, that otherwise gives a growth bonus, and thanks to new update, allows unique characters actually be usable for mid-late game as long you fuse them with same species and genetics as they are.

So overall this update fixed many things, like characters without shadowbound with dark element still getting cursed on shadow tiles, random semen spam with certain traits being fixed as well, UI improvements, gameplay changes, new features, new art and events, and so on. Overall I am satisfied for now. Can't wait to see what's this world is about.

Noctane

Dec 9, 2021
The unknown achievement is related to the last character of the other tab in the gallery.
You need to hatch said character to get it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The dating overhaul is pretty awesome.
Especially being able to have the mythic card removable and upgradable using the [STAT_ALL] card.

Also, that building/terraforming tab.
HYPE

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Alright, I played the new patch for a bit, and noticed a fair amount of changes:

The partner trait now costs the same as famous, but famous is still better overall due to fact you'll have to date them anyway(dating modifier doesn't stop that)expect maybe the arena centaur because of fact that you'll need the training to either level up characters, including soldiers when you arrange arena fights for recruits anyway.

The stat traits for main characters like resilient now actually matter for more than creator main character, but also make her less weak due to fact they give base bonuses now, which does stack with god profession and any other stat boosts. Still, not particularly great compared to traits that have an immediate effects, or late-game advantage like giant hunter, but things like beautiful was always useful for shapeshifter and creator due to upgrades they have.

At times where the town character is away, you have other character taking their place, like a seal in case of mermaid shopkeeper that can be petted for various things, a vampire barmaid that you can drink blood from to get a permanent increase in stamina/morale, arena collectors that at cost of 1 energy per battle give you both increased temporary max lust and focus effect which is nice, and more things that I could consider good touches.

Now for skill changes - teleport costs 4 isntead of 7, and doesn't give a shield, making it a long range escape/engagement skill that no longer allows some rather nasty strategies or cleansing the target, but now it is useable on characters who don't have much magic to begin with.

Focus only lasts 2 turns instead of 3, but focus given by chaotic still lasts 3 turns. Makes sense, since it is very flexible skill for non-agile characters, and having 2 action points to attack twice at full strength without the stat disadvantage of agile characters is a very strong point.

Some characters now have dodge, and some jump characters have it instead, which is basically opposite of jump, you have to be engaged to an enemy, but the tile you want to go must not have an adjacent enemy, so you can have a enemy who's engaged to someone or a mermaid you want to keep distance from, and then dodge so your unit is spared from their attacks. And it costs nothing, so its good for hit and run characters.

There's 2 special hybrids, one has a special requirement I did not reach yet, the other is beast/succubus related, which has a skill that deals good damage and allows for removal of defending from target, and if the caster is in shadow form, like from mistform or another shadow character like shadow bringer, it gives a strength buff on top of dealing full damage, which is good, since it allows for a rather strong attacker with solid stat growth and abilities to attack enemies with. That's not mentioning new nymphs and such, but I'll have to check.

A random profession can be set in gold, which results in getting more starting gold, more items, and more importantly, an extra essence option for first essence portal, meaning if you stack the special seal and scientist effects, you can have up to 5 different choices of essence pick in case of legendary essence portal, or 6 in rare, or 7 in common, which may help but not really necessary.

The library is much better now, instead of scrambled segments, it now tells what you really have to do, which is nice, because people like myself got confused at first and only succeeded through experimentation, some with unpleasant results, but now I know when and where I must go expect for secret cases, but those are gotten once you play all main characters.

The robots, and their profession, mechanist, while still powerful options if used together, they now require actually killing the robots or completing the king's quests, and the mirthil description in crafting menu says exactly that, though due to fact you can't really boost them fast using resources and you have to use spirits to do so, it makes them more of mid-late game things rather than old early-mid game things that once you start farming them you pretty much snowball as long you have a level 20 spirit to do so. Oh and a little thing; the robots, as long you have the trait enabled on, can make tavern quests that give out eggs be impure hybrids of them, which means less pain of mechanists to make them reproduce in order to get fusion robots that make more fusion robots that can be turned into the strongest non-elite characters in the game.

The brothel shows also have another character that gives out rewards for shows; you cannot have said character services if you play druid from what I know, but he got other compensations for that, and that makes shows for 2 female characters actually usable, not just for money, but also for potential special reward when you do reach the max rank on top of improved art.

Dating now rewards less relation and can be only done once per day, which means no brothel lady day one without partner trait but it doesn't matter since 2 dates are enough, but to make up for that, you have new cards, more score increase options, unique characters having special card decks, a card that decreases fun but doubles your score allowing you to reach 200+ much easier, and so on. Obviously dating still gives rare items and legendaries while making said characters better prostitutes, and the mermaid shopkeeper and unicorn librarian still have the doubled relation gain/loss effect, which means you can recruit them day one(day two in case of mermaid with dating modifier).

Now relation quests on top of being more varied and love energy being more useful as it gives permanent strength/magic charges similar to power up passive, they can also increase character's base stats, which allows for otherwise capped characters to get even higher potential.

Challenge rank 1 now adds an extra layer of difficulty, inability to escape turn 1, but it doesn't really matter when you have to fight through enemies if you want to win. And adamant/special battles prevent you from retreating anyway, which means it doesn't change tactics in the long run much aside from types who prefer avoiding combat. Well, I am still waiting for a system that unlocks multiple ranks at once per tier as long you do them all at once, while being able to select individual ones similar to modifiers for a customized game. And more ranks to climb, since using certain strategies, you can reach rank 20 and even 30, but it was an exhausting process which makes me want something that separates them by tier while having more unique effects to tackle on, like starting buffs for enemies and debuffs for allies.

And characters now can choose between shielding/defending, which makes traits like defensive less unique, but also makes vitality, a rare endurance character trait usable, since previously, due to fact defending effects were pretty much rare, the immunity it provides didn't came into play often when you needed it, and now it's actually usable - if a character has enough health and magic to block an attack with minimal damage to health, shield, otherwise defend.

Hidden power for shapeshifter still allows you to select true damage option for characters but not crystal for their element type, which is strange, since true damage comes into play once enemies at higher challenge ranks get bonus armor, which is otherwise hard to counter without piercing claws/elemental weaknesses, or when fighting a mixture of enemies that your elements cannot counter them effectively.

The new unique character is related to vampire barmaid, and while not as useful as medical spider girl because of said one utility, the fact it's a versatile early-game support/attacker is nice to have. Strangely doesn't have unique trait, that otherwise gives a growth bonus, and thanks to new update, allows unique characters actually be usable for mid-late game as long you fuse them with same species and genetics as they are.

So overall this update fixed many things, like characters without shadowbound with dark element still getting cursed on shadow tiles, random semen spam with certain traits being fixed as well, UI improvements, gameplay changes, new features, new art and events, and so on. Overall I am satisfied for now. Can't wait to see what's this world is about.
Wow, nice summary. Feels more like a full review of the update too.

Reactions: Ikedakazemiya

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
But you can't pet the kitty. And that makes me sad.

I really like all the new characters. They kinda liven stuff up a bit. Plus having someone show up being like "do your fucking kings quest" is helpful for my forgetful ass

I haven't had a chance to check yet, did meteor storm get the nerf bat? If it did, it'll be harder to do the old super cheese methods of winning every fight lol

Robots are weird. They're nice to have around, but at this point I just treat them like any other character and spirit boost them. I kinda wish they had some perk that prevented fusion with spirits or something. And then make them a bit easier to boost.

You can still get Flora day one, actually. She starts with high lewdity, so you're able to go hard on just boosting the date score. You don't need to get to 100 to recruit, so you can still pull it off. I also managed to get Cass day one, which meant I had the brothel sorted right away.

Shit, I didn't even notice that was a challenge rank thing.

It really only changes essence cheese in my opinion. You used to be able to solo rush every essence portal and just ignore combat. You can still sorta do that, it's just a lot harder now.

This is huge for rushing essences solo now lol

The unknown achievement is related to the last character of the other tab in the gallery.
You need to hatch said character to get it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The dating overhaul is pretty awesome.
Especially being able to have the mythic card removable and upgradable using the [STAT_ALL] card.

Also, that building/terraforming tab.
HYPE
Well... I'm not getting that character this run lol

I'm really curious to see where the building stuff is going. That could be great.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Recruiting Siena is a bit of a chore on longer games if you're not at all diligent about hunting down hives every day. By the time the final fight portal opens, she's so far off the deep end that I could turn her into swiss cheese by poking her repeatedly with the special spear and all that would achieve is her saying "it tickles".

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Recruiting Siena is a bit of a chore on longer games if you're not at all diligent about hunting down hives every day. By the time the final fight portal opens, she's so far off the deep end that I could turn her into swiss cheese by poking her repeatedly with the special spear and all that would achieve is her saying "it tickles".
Did that get fixed this version? The last couple versions her corruption level didn't actually matter for saving her. It made her slightly harder, but if you kept her power down to zero it didn't matter. Even at 100 corruption, you could still save her.

I haven't tried in this new version, but in the last version I saved her at max corruption a few times.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes