ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Did that get fixed this version? The last couple versions her corruption level didn't actually matter for saving her. It made her slightly harder, but if you kept her power down to zero it didn't matter. Even at 100 corruption, you could still save her.

I haven't tried in this new version, but in the last version I saved her at max corruption a few times.
I honestly couldn't say, it's been a hot minute since I last played evo, and I'm not deep enough into the game's inner workings to understand how her power and corruption are connected, if they are at all. I always figured all you had to do to be able to rescue her at the end was purge all the hives you can so as to not let her power get too out of hand. I have a vague memory of using the spear on her and having her split from Hebi and turn to my side, but I don't recall what her power/corruption was at that point (probably not a whole lot, I only played very short games back then) and I have no idea if the whole system was bugged. Someone will have to correct me on this, it seems.

edit: While we're talking about Siena, is it possible for any of the other MCs to recruit a slime girl? Every time I recruit one at either evo or the druid, she magically disappears at the end of the fight and I can't tell whether that's intended or a bug.

UncleTom123

May 4, 2019
I honestly couldn't say, it's been a hot minute since I last played evo, and I'm not deep enough into the game's inner workings to understand how her power and corruption are connected, if they are at all. I always figured all you had to do to be able to rescue her at the end was purge all the hives you can so as to not let her power get too out of hand. I have a vague memory of using the spear on her and having her split from Hebi and turn to my side, but I don't recall what her power/corruption was at that point (probably not a whole lot, I only played very short games back then) and I have no idea if the whole system was bugged. Someone will have to correct me on this, it seems.

edit: While we're talking about Siena, is it possible for any of the other MCs to recruit a slime girl? Every time I recruit one at either evo or the druid, she magically disappears at the end of the fight and I can't tell whether that's intended or a bug.
I've done it a long time ago by using the druid's mindcontrol spell, I'm not sure if it's still possible.

Nov 21, 2020
Is it just me, or does every time i apply rejuvenation also apply bleed effect? Since bleeding goes away when any healing is done, this doesn't have any impact but it can be confusing when having to keep track of a bunch of status effects in a clustered battle. This is on version 0.18.0 btw

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Bugfix update feels quick, will wait a couple more days to see if there's another one.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
He did say he was going to be bugfixing throughout the week. It may be better to wait until the most glaring bugs have been squashed before updating.

Reactions: Settum

Granberia

Mar 14, 2017
Is it just me, or does every time i apply rejuvenation also apply bleed effect?
It was happening to me too, but I haven't applied the recent bugfix update yet.

On another note, It still surprises me how well made and thought out this game is despite the Syvaron clearly not having a complete plan from the getgo. It gives me the same kind of feeling I get playing openXcom.
I was a patron for over a year, but I still feel bad sometimes when I think about how I've given more money to AAA developers for their annual bowel movements than I have to people who make these indie passion projects, both lewd and prude.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
No, i mean about games that take forever to be completed by their developers xD
It's pretty much "completed"... think of Skyrim main quest and Brotherhood done, with added Heartfire and radial Quests... oh and Civil war.

In actual this game terms... it has endings, it can be completed and it has plenty of content. Syvaron is adding new pokem... special species and polishing some aspect like the recently introduced dating, and adding more side quest chains. The game is finished, start to endings, 3 characters, 12 base monsters who can interbreed in any combination (those hybrids are also done).

Reactions: moskis22

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Really? I remember having done it. Maybe it doesn't affect everyone. Although I believe now there's conditions for evolving spirits. When you mouse over the evolve button, it should tell you what it requires, usually a base level of some gene, like hp.

Noctane

Dec 9, 2021
There's no new condition, since there's no red warning "not high enough hp gene" and such you get with others evolution.
The button is simply broken in 0.18.01

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Do the unique characters still get fused away when you try to squish them together with a max level spirit? I know there are other ways to increase their max level that doesn't involve fusion but this particular mechanic always bothered me for some reason.

Reactions: brattlebob

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Do the unique characters still get fused away when you try to squish them together with a max level spirit? I know there are other ways to increase their max level that doesn't involve fusion but this particular mechanic always bothered me for some reason.
I'm like 99% sure they do.

That's also the thing I would like to see changed most right now. It'd make unique characters far more viable than they are now. There's lots of them with cool and unique skills, and you really can't use them all.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
That's also the thing I would like to see changed most right now. It'd make unique characters far more viable than they are now. There's lots of them with cool and unique skills, and you really can't use them all.
Yeah, I wish that would change. I like using Seliel and dex Avy, but they fall off so quick in longer games that eventually they just sit there fishing for the rest of the game. I wonder if it's just an oversight or intended for some reason I can't think of. I suppose balance would be the first thing coming to mind but... if we can already get any non-unique character to max genes and level relatively early, depending on luck, why not the uniques too?

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Yeah, I wish that would change. I like using Seliel and dex Avy, but they fall off so quick in longer games that eventually they just sit there fishing for the rest of the game. I wonder if it's just an oversight or intended for some reason I can't think of. I suppose balance would be the first thing coming to mind but... if we can already get any non-unique character to max genes and level relatively early, depending on luck, why not the uniques too?
I kinda suspect the main point of Avy and her friend is to provide a way to produce their subspecies without going through a certain portal.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ankhtar

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
I kinda suspect the main point of Avy and her friend is to provide a way to produce their subspecies without going through a certain portal.
As I wrote in the wiki, there's another way to get that Special species. ;)

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes