crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
You shouldn't be loading it at all, it should just work from booting the game up with it in the saves folder.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
unlockables file doesn't work for me, it says that the save is old and can't be loaded, is something that I am doing wrong?
you should only transfer the unlockables.sav file. no saved game from 0.17 or previous versions must be present in your 0.18 folders or the game WILL crash.
saved games are compatible from 0.18 to 0.18.1, but NEVER between major versions like 0.17 to 0.18.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I am new to this game and i have quite the problems.

1. Money. Huge problem for me. Either i train the starters to make money and die on the portals when the kings quest forces me to go there or i train them at the portals and run out of money. Or they run out of stamina so i end up broke.....

2. Breeding. Somehow i only manage to breed males. Males Males everywhere. I am not really into this futa stuff so this is kinda annoying to me. I can't breed anything else. Even when i cheat money and only focus on breeding. I always get one male after another. Do i do something wrong or is that intended and females need to be caught tamed etc?

3. Not really having a clue what to do in general aside from exploring stuff. I have no clue how to get certain resources like crystals or stuff to upgrade my home/farm. I know you get those things from portals. But literally everything in there kills me and my party. And i lack the money to buy or have anything better than what you get at the start.

Any help is appreciated. I am a noob when it comes to grind games. But i find the art to beautiful to toss it aside. Oh and if there is an option for it. Can someone tell me how to turn off futa? Or is that the catch of the game?

Thank you.

imelman

May 15, 2018
To answer questions and needs of both:
Maybe this is just a personal problem, but when the challenge levels start cutting down on your brothel profit, how do y'all get around that? I usually recruit Flora and then breed a metric ton of angelical beauty foxgirls, pray they come out with the nympho personality and then slap brothel-specific traits on them, but even then, at late-mid/late game, when I have around 90+ characters (I'm a hoarder), I can barely stay in the green. I end up making more money via tavern quests and unstable portal raids. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? (or not doing at all?)

1. Money. Huge problem for me. Either i train the starters to make money and die on the portals when the kings quest forces me to go there or i train them at the portals and run out of money. Or they run out of stamina so i end up broke.....

2. Breeding. Somehow i only manage to breed males. Males Males everywhere. I am not really into this futa stuff so this is kinda annoying to me. I can't breed anything else. Even when i cheat money and only focus on breeding. I always get one male after another. Do i do something wrong or is that intended and females need to be caught tamed etc?

3. Not really having a clue what to do in general aside from exploring stuff. I have no clue how to get certain resources like crystals or stuff to upgrade my home/farm. I know you get those things from portals. But literally everything in there kills me and my party. And i lack the money to buy or have anything better than what you get at the start.

Any help is appreciated. I am a noob when it comes to grind games. But i find the art to beautiful to toss it aside. Oh and if there is an option for it. Can someone tell me how to turn off futa? Or is that the catch of the game?

Thank you.
You really, really need the arena S ranks, without them you won't have proper workers, in fact, using arena plus sex training, the brothel lady can have the highest value for a long time until you can get 100 average beauty characters with said trait. Not to mention arena nets you money, experience, trained characters and good items to craft in form of rune wood. Heck, thanks to new additions, you can perform shows and earn more money than before, or if you do not have access to, explore portals and complete the battle/exploration rewards as effectively as possible and the money problem is completely gone.

Breeding gives a equal chance result based on what you breed, 2 different genders means a 50/50 chance of getting either, if they are the same, well the results are same, generally you level them up to levels 15+ to have good amounts of fertility/virility, maybe breeding potions if you have to, but levels are the main way to get that. Especially for characters with terrible breeding values like seraphs.

Resources like crystals are mostly earned from water maps, you need a flying/swimming team for that, but the endeavor pays for itself. There's also crystal farming via breeding, which you will use if you do not want to create potentially weak/excess characters, but also the normal crystal farms that you need resources for but it's not particularly efficient to make beyond first levels. You can also earn crystals from vine minigame, requires a character with spawn vine ability, and preferably someone with vision/toughness/low magic combo, but once you get the hang of it, the crystals should stop being a problem.

If you need a party to explore the outer worlds, you obviously need leveled up party members, which arena fixes that by both giving you ranked fights to prove yourself at, but also giving you money both to help with taxes and hiring better party members/getting better gear.

In settings there's a option to disable "unusual" art, but it doesn't affect sprites. And said "art" is also one of game's main attractions, and events still show them from what I know.

The latest updates thankfully tell what you need to do, how to start and how to progress, but I still think there needs to be more to reduce confusions people still get. The balance changes, new features, expanded world, other things to do - all being details that are nice touches to add.

And I'm speaking this from a rather difficult situation related to the internet for non-normal sites, which might result in me unable to keep track of newest patches and stuff, but I'm trying my best of this situation for people who need detailed advice on confusing parts of the game.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
To answer questions and needs of both:

You really, really need the arena S ranks, without them you won't have proper workers, in fact, using arena plus sex training, the brothel lady can have the highest value for a long time until you can get 100 average beauty characters with said trait. Not to mention arena nets you money, experience, trained characters and good items to craft in form of rune wood. Heck, thanks to new additions, you can perform shows and earn more money than before, or if you do not have access to, explore portals and complete the battle/exploration rewards as effectively as possible and the money problem is completely gone.

Breeding gives a equal chance result based on what you breed, 2 different genders means a 50/50 chance of getting either, if they are the same, well the results are same, generally you level them up to levels 15+ to have good amounts of fertility/virility, maybe breeding potions if you have to, but levels are the main way to get that. Especially for characters with terrible breeding values like seraphs.

Resources like crystals are mostly earned from water maps, you need a flying/swimming team for that, but the endeavor pays for itself. There's also crystal farming via breeding, which you will use if you do not want to create potentially weak/excess characters, but also the normal crystal farms that you need resources for but it's not particularly efficient to make beyond first levels. You can also earn crystals from vine minigame, requires a character with spawn vine ability, and preferably someone with vision/toughness/low magic combo, but once you get the hang of it, the crystals should stop being a problem.

If you need a party to explore the outer worlds, you obviously need leveled up party members, which arena fixes that by both giving you ranked fights to prove yourself at, but also giving you money both to help with taxes and hiring better party members/getting better gear.

In settings there's a option to disable "unusual" art, but it doesn't affect sprites. And said "art" is also one of game's main attractions, and events still show them from what I know.

The latest updates thankfully tell what you need to do, how to start and how to progress, but I still think there needs to be more to reduce confusions people still get. The balance changes, new features, expanded world, other things to do - all being details that are nice touches to add.

And I'm speaking this from a rather difficult situation related to the internet for non-normal sites, which might result in me unable to keep track of newest patches and stuff, but I'm trying my best of this situation for people who need detailed advice on confusing parts of the game.
Thank you that gave me alot to think about and test in trial and error now. I knew there was alot more to the game but when u never played something like this you can become overwhelmed quite fast

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019

Thank you.
1. Food's probably what's dragging you down, it costs 20g/piece if you don't have reserves. A good first step is completing a couple of tavern quests to get that sweet +10 food/day as a reward.
Asides from that, don't hesitate to recruit a high-beauty unit in the tavern and train it a bit to put in the brothel. it's easy big bucks.

2. Are you breeding a natural male and natural female? the game has this quirk that gender changing potions don't work all the way, so that current gender and natural gender aren't the same... so if you breed a male+male turned female with a potion you're gonna have sons only. It's a bit borked, but once you know it you're fine. Fusion registers a new gender properly. Otherwise it shoud be a regular, even split of m/f.

3. the game's a sandbox with distant objective, you don't really need to win your first run. also, there's loads of different mechanics to interact with so you can take your time and discover them one by one.
If you don't manage to win a couple early fights in the arena with your starters, you need to get better at the combat because it doesn't get easier than that. meaning winning fights with 0 injury. In the wilds (portals) you can right click on an enemy group to see its composition, so it's your call to fight or runaway before you get on their tile.

the number 1 tip for this game is : HOVER YOUR CURSOR ON STUFF. there are a lot, and i mean A LOT of info sprinkled everywhere in pop-up info windows. starting from the new game menu.

you can't turn off futas, and it's not the catch of the game specifically either.

Good luck!

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Do want to point out that when you're starting out and only have the most basic of starters and traits, trying for Arena S rank can be...painful, at best.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Maybe this is just a personal problem, but when the challenge levels start cutting down on your brothel profit, how do y'all get around that? I usually recruit Flora and then breed a metric ton of angelical beauty foxgirls, pray they come out with the nympho personality and then slap brothel-specific traits on them, but even then, at late-mid/late game, when I have around 90+ characters (I'm a hoarder), I can barely stay in the green. I end up making more money via tavern quests and unstable portal raids. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? (or not doing at all?)
It depends heavily on character.

Brothel shows are how I get around things. Like, with the recent changes you can easily make $50k+ per show at max rank. Even if you're buying expensive people from the tavern regularly, no issue. Hell, at max rank you can make that much while spamming a single button. Just set your autoclicker to 180 clicks (at around 10cps), and hit the first button in row 2.

The money you make from the arena is pretty shit, but increasing your brothel staff's rank is a great way to increase their value by a ton. You don't even need S, you can get like 2000+ brothel value out of Flora with a C lol

The arena is such shit XP, and with limited fights per day I don't know how you manage to stick with it to level anything to 20, let alone past that.

XP potions for life. Usually by the end of month one I have like 300+ uses, and it's so much easier to just powerlevel with potion spam rather than having to complete even a single term combat encounter. At least until level 20+ or after you're able to hit up the special worlds. One fight on the radiation planet can get you 25 levels in a single encounter.

Reactions: ankhtar

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Daily arena fight intensity scales up everytime you do it. If you win daily, by day 20 you can level up a unit from 1 to 15-20 in one go if it has intelligent or not.
You just need one or two powerful fighters to clear it too, so you can level up 3 units at a time in an extremely powerful manner very easily if you're good at the fights and have the units for it. before the end-game portals too.
The money scales as well, and it's enough to carry a run if you're not a hoarder of people ruining yourself on food and/or salaries.

By the way, for brothel you only need to reach 100% room attractivity for the category of clients you want. any more is superfluous and won't attract more clients, so you can put less good workers in the same room as your star worker to get more clients on them. your earnings won't tank because your star worker will have the same tips, and your less good people will have more clients = more sex xp as if you created a second room.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
You guys are making it sound like at least Evo is pretty much mandatory to power through the challenge ladder climb, not only for their abilities but also for the brothel money making potential.
The longer I play, the more it feels like the druid just sort of exists, especially when both evo and crea can become disgustingly broken towards the mid/end game.
I don't know if the dev has plans to create any more main characters (or make the game mod friendly to allow others to do so) but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more variety.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I actually did challenge 9 playing Siena, i was doing rotations between the 3 mcs for my climb. If you're comfortable enough with the game mechanics, which mc you pick doesn't really slow down your power ramp, it just changes how you approach it.
Druid's always been the most human-level protag, also called explicitely "hard mode" in much earlier versions of the game. He's gotten a huge buff in 0.18 though with the stance mechanic, strong/resilient traits and genes having flat bonuses at character creation, so he can absolutely pull his weight in fights up to cr 10 now.

Concerning the game author's plans for the future... from the discord i know the game is close to finished, so no plans for an expansion MC wise, it'd be very surprising to say the least. more events are appearing to flesh out the existing ones (ex: cultists for druid) and some lore is getting retconned to make sense, but i think that'll be it.
Syvaron works backwards with his game: he makes cool art (see his twitter, it's amazing how fast he pumps it out) and then finds a way to put it into the game. So maybe it could happen, but probably not.

Dec 14, 2019
Anyone have a complete unlockables.sav for the newest version? I have a few gallery items I've yet to unlock and the hint for them is missing.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Anyone have a complete unlockables.sav for the newest version? I have a few gallery items I've yet to unlock and the hint for them is missing.
here's mine. it is 100% gallery complete except for the bugged entries that can't be unlocked. haven't farmed all unlockable traits yet but that's not what you'e here for, so enjoy.

you can also start a game and use the cheat "glimpse" that will unlock the full gallery for the current in-game day without flagging the save as cheated

edit : deleted my unlockables.sav file attachement. you wanna unlock everything, go RTFM on the wiki, there are free, official tools that don't need you to DL shady stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiverMyTimbers
Dec 14, 2019
here's mine. it is 100% gallery complete except for the bugged entries that can't be unlocked. haven't farmed all unlockable traits yet but that's not what you'e here for, so enjoy.

you can also start a game and use the cheat "glimpse" that will unlock the full gallery for the current in-game day without flagging the save as cheated
Anyway to use a save editor or similar to permanently unlock the bugged ones?

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
from what i know, unlocks are listed in order of unlocking in the file, so you *could* swap an unlocked gallery pic with a non-unlocked gallery pic if you know the scene's name/code (?), but not *add* what you lack directly at the bottom. for reasons. there was some debate on the discord a couple months back.
I... don't know how to do it though, or i would have done it myself.

edit : there's a debug cheat to unlock the gallery. see relevant page on the wiki.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
By the way, for brothel you only need to reach 100% room attractivity for the category of clients you want. any more is superfluous and won't attract more clients, so you can put less good workers in the same room as your star worker to get more clients on them. your earnings won't tank because your star worker will have the same tips, and your less good people will have more clients = more sex xp as if you created a second room.
Yeah, exploiting that is pretty handy. Between your two starters, Flora, and Cass, you're pretty much set for three rooms as long as you're careful with stamina management (only having one rest at a time) and don't get really unlucky with starter personalities.

The stuff I can never figure out is room settings. I generally just stick to rich only and 'one at a time', because that seems to give me the best results just watching the journal over a few days on each setting with the same workers. But because the previous day seems to impact the next, I never know if I actually have it min/maxed. But I also never struggle for money, so its never been worth it to really tear it apart.

You guys are making it sound like at least Evo is pretty much mandatory to power through the challenge ladder climb, not only for their abilities but also for the brothel money making potential.
The longer I play, the more it feels like the druid just sort of exists, especially when both evo and crea can become disgustingly broken towards the mid/end game.
I don't know if the dev has plans to create any more main characters (or make the game mod friendly to allow others to do so) but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more variety.
Evo is definitely not required. I just like her because she lets me save time building OP characters, but all three can do the same thing. Crea can do it better, it just takes more clicks.

I've just never liked the druid's play style.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
and don't get really unlucky with starter personalities.
That right there describes my two previous runs. I always try to start with a lightfox because of their inherently high beauty for breeding/brothel purposes, but the last two came out with the Prude personality. Not a big problem since I can just breed or fuse them (and am too lazy to restart, admittedly) but it strikes me as being particularly unlucky, considering how many possible personalities there are.

imelman

May 15, 2018
On something that I couldn't initially answer:
Well, not exactly a must play, but just the strongest character overall with a curve that never fails as long you can keep up with it. Thankfully the dev is doing wonders by improving other characters to match up in various ways with gene boosts and traits like strong/resilient giving stat boosts now, but they also apply wonders to the shapeshifter when it comes to base stats being multiplied by level/god profession boosts. The druid was solid but not exactly strong for post-game before, but the stance does make him match somewhat. The creator relies on slime terrain/characters a lot, even with the newest special elite character/hidden power, but generally you end up with teams that don't even rely on it and skills that do not focus on slimes, like wisps, plants, and protect skill option from main character traits screen. But that mostly works(excluding protect)if you rush magic level type, which requires tanid points, that you can get by corrupting characters and performing rituals, which means arena time and then corrupt once they reach their level caps.
That right there describes my two previous runs. I always try to start with a lightfox because of their inherently high beauty for breeding/brothel purposes, but the last two came out with the Prude personality. Not a big problem since I can just breed or fuse them (and am too lazy to restart, admittedly) but it strikes me as being particularly unlucky, considering how many possible personalities there are.
To me starting personalities don't matter since starters mostly help during early-mid game phase, where they are most useful at and where you need them the most, after you acquire a stable source of level 15+ characters with decent genes, they turn into characters you'd rather submit to library/quests, and starters you make in general should be a strong fighter/support combo that helps you gather early power in the first place. Brothel workings should be reserved for characters you acquire later on, since until then, nothing will beat the brothel lady carrying the income and until you get a stable source of beauty average 100+ characters.

After all, the starters exist in order to get a foothold in the game, without them you can't get necessary progress, but once you do, you don't need them for late-game due to stronger characters existing but more as back-ups for mid-game or library/quest fodder after that.

Making starters for beauty and not combat is undervaluing them in my opinion, because by doing that, you often sacrifice their combat capacity, which is most valuable thing for early-mid game in order to you know, get progress, loot, arena, and so on. That applies to characters with combat/support capacity like the light fox, but I mostly use them as combat scouts thanks to their vision or hunters to harvest food due to combination of both vision and strength giving them an edge for that. But their support capacity on top of combat capability is clearly undeniable that makes them flexible overall, but I'd still prefer a proper focused support/fighter unless I need a scout. But their high beauty does help with recruiting, that is until I get actual characters with higher than average stats.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Making starters for beauty and not combat is undervaluing them in my opinion, because by doing that, you often sacrifice their combat capacity, which is most valuable thing for early-mid game in order to you know, get progress, loot, arena, and so on. That applies to characters with combat/support capacity like the light fox, but I mostly use them as combat scouts thanks to their vision or hunters to harvest food due to combination of both vision and strength giving them an edge for that. But their support capacity on top of combat capability is clearly undeniable that makes them flexible overall, but I'd still prefer a proper focused support/fighter unless I need a scout. But their high beauty does help with recruiting, that is until I get actual characters with higher than average stats.
I agree with that. The light fox helped out a lot with combat early on (mostly by keeping everyone else alive) and when she was no longer useful, I leveled her sex skills and dropped her at the brothel. Sometimes I went the extra mile and ranked her up in the arena, gave her the best available brothel-friendly traits, bred and hatched a bunch of gorgeous+ foxes and then dropped them all at the brothel. It might sound like a roundabout way of getting the same outcome as by just grabbing Flora from the start, but I don't like to depend on her. The saved points also allow me to fiddle with other perks instead.

Combat has recently become a non-issue. I don't know where or how I unlocked that divine favor perk from, but I just use it to spawn an assassin at the start, breed it to get more, max their level and genes and I'm pretty much set. It's a little boring because it turns combat into a brainless clickfest but I'm not aiming for that lvl 10 challenge just to have fun in the process, the fun comes after.

On an unrelated issue, is it possible to bring Siena's corruption down? I know her power can be nerfed by hunting down hives, but it feels like corruption keeps increasing no matter what I do.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes