clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
is it possible to bring Siena's corruption down? I know her power can be nerfed by hunting down hives, but it feels like corruption keeps increasing no matter what I do.
Yep, keep killing hives, it decreases her corruption at the same time as her power. it's -1 corruption and -2 power per hive (you can see it in the journal, press "tab" or click the green plant on the UI).
If you're playing as Nila, you can also choose to talk to Siena when you meet her in story/artifact portals, and use the weapon you can get in the library_2 portal (pick knowledge in library_1 to access library_2) in combat to lower it by 20% in one go also (keep 1 charge for the final encounter though!).

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
That right there describes my two previous runs. I always try to start with a lightfox because of their inherently high beauty for breeding/brothel purposes, but the last two came out with the Prude personality. Not a big problem since I can just breed or fuse them (and am too lazy to restart, admittedly) but it strikes me as being particularly unlucky, considering how many possible personalities there are.
Oof, bad luck there

I always use shadow/insect hybrids. They have one of the highest beauty stats, and if they get a shitty personality they also produce dark semen which you need for xp potions. So if they suck at brothel duty, they can enjoy their retirement at the farm.

Making starters for beauty and not combat is undervaluing them in my opinion, because by doing that, you often sacrifice their combat capacity, which is most valuable thing for early-mid game in order to you know, get progress, loot, arena, and so on. That applies to characters with combat/support capacity like the light fox, but I mostly use them as combat scouts thanks to their vision or hunters to harvest food due to combination of both vision and strength giving them an edge for that. But their support capacity on top of combat capability is clearly undeniable that makes them flexible overall, but I'd still prefer a proper focused support/fighter unless I need a scout. But their high beauty does help with recruiting, that is until I get actual characters with higher than average stats.
What if I don't value combat during the early/mid game lol

You can generally completely ignore combat for the first 1/3rd of the game entirely without any consequences. And you can ignore it for the second 3rd if you don't care about beating any of the character quests. Hell I've done runs where I ignored combat all way to the final fight lol

The only thing you really lose out on is the arena benefits. But the arena's benefits are basically the same as the brothel's benefits, so it's just kind of a moot point.

The games where I jump into combat early, I tend to be using the unique characters instead of the starters either way. You get pretty much everything you need, and some of the most fun characters, from the unique characters pushed your way during the first two weeks. Plus they tend to have some odd skills or mechanics which makes things interesting.

Avy's friend is fucking awesome, even if i can never remember how to spell her name. I had her eat the guardian boss a couple games back.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
As uniques go, I tend to only really use AN_3, Avy, Xhana and Phy all the way until the end portions of the game. Morta seems pretty useful early on. Shadow is very decent too, if you can be bothered looking for her. Although depending on how long the game goes on for, they eventually start getting one-shot everywhere. I wish we could slap some max lvl spirits on them without them losing their uniqueness, that may well be the one peeve I have with the game. I really hope that becomes an option at some point.

On an unrelated note...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
As uniques go, I tend to only really use AN_3, Avy, Xhana and Phy all the way until the end portions of the game. Morta seems pretty useful early on. Shadow is very decent too, if you can be bothered looking for her. Although depending on how long the game goes on for, they eventually start getting one-shot everywhere. I wish we could slap some max lvl spirits on them without them losing their uniqueness, that may well be the one peeve I have with the game. I really hope that becomes an option at some point.

On an unrelated note...
My strategy was kinda cheesy but I have two ways to deal with it.

Reactions: ankhtar

imelman

May 15, 2018

On an unrelated note...
Well, unique characters help a lot during early-mid game, then end up becoming less useful late-game, but thanks to updates allowing you to keep their unique capacity if fused with the same species as them, I understand such views and value them accordingly. I'm glad that's fixed and I hope for characters to be added that are hard to get but powerful at the start and can be made even stronger. Future patches hopefully should fix that.

I will not say what the fight is, expect the fact you fight 2 rather disillusioned humans, equipped with high tech weaponry and protected by energy shields, naturally you have to destroy the mana batteries, using a condensed crystal on bosses before destroying the mana batteries will result in them being permanently invincible, as the shield passive is end of turn based - and you lose all your mana at the start of fight, plus 2 party members unless you recruited extras and have them as current party members, you need characters who have light as their element like seraphs due to fact the bosses use radiant attacks, robots are fairly strong minions as well, but not as dangerous meaning you can partially ignore them, and generally it relies on the fact you need characters who can move fast and hit the mana batteries hard while also being durable themselves due to a lot of AOE being thrown by bosses. They are frail once the shields are down, making the remaining robots the only threats after that. Obviously full restores are a good backup, since skills that recover/protect from damage like aegis/regenerate are valuable here. The previous fight has likely exhausted you unless you are prepared, but instead of relying on poison damage/removing the armor of the boss once the one with passives is dead or having overly high DPS killers, you need high DPS mixed with tankiness instead. And for good reason, the mana tanks are tough and you need to destroy them as quickly as possible, you can use magic via potions, but the drain is so high, you'd rather use fast and though killers, seraphs are one example because of radiant type that makes them take less damage while being strong and tough fighters themselves. Preferably with focus skill to use on themselves once they get some mana.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Maybe this isn't explained well in-game or I just wasn't paying attention at the time (in my defense, the font can get real tiny and my eyesight isn't the best) but is there an actual point to spawning hives all over the place as creation? Other than getting a meager amount of skill points and sliming up the whole portal, I honestly couldn't see much use for it.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Maybe this isn't explained well in-game or I just wasn't paying attention at the time (in my defense, the font can get real tiny and my eyesight isn't the best) but is there an actual point to spawning hives all over the place as creation? Other than getting a meager amount of skill points and sliming up the whole portal, I honestly couldn't see much use for it.
It speeds up your party, since unlike others who get slowed down on such tiles, you get faster, and while you can't build faster roads, their resource dependence makes them not great for short-term gain unless you stabilize a portal first.

The default level type, support gives a plenty of mana to cast many hives on large portals in a single run, which allows you to speed yourself all over the map on applicable tiles, and also reducing amount of enemies that spawn as well trapping them if they stood on slime tiles.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Also, if you need to recover in the field, a hive gives you perfect protection, without needing to set any guards. And most wanderers won't even consider approaching it.

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
Probably a dumb question, but does anyone how to get the beach octopus event? The hint mentions a weekly beach migration, but I've sped through entire months looking for an event to proc and never found it.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Probably a dumb question, but does anyone how to get the beach octopus event? The hint mentions a weekly beach migration, but I've sped through entire months looking for an event to proc and never found it.
It's an event you can encounter during dates only, using the relax/explore options. Note that relax and explore have separate pools of events that can be called.
So, go date people on the beach a lot i guess! there are a handful of other events like this, available on dates only (in different locations, some with precise unique characters to date).

Cat Boy

Oct 19, 2017
Unlocks everything as of 2021-05-20 (0.16.0.1). One tested on Windows, seems to work (but that is risky depending upon method of compile)..originally created on Linux.

I guess instructions are needed (for some people?):

Place into PoP_V*_Data/saveData, overwriting your own. You must use new saves for Unlockables to work, no matter who creates them. And I can't believe this needs to be said: Use exact filename and make sure you're not some idiot one using Windows without file-extensions shown... >_>

Edit: This was created with some assumption and may very well work on future versions (unless author changes some things).
this file will not open

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
this file will not open
Unlockables.sav file isn't to be opened. just place it in your saves folder and launch the game.
Also, don't use that outdated file, use mine on the previous page. it's up to date for 0.18.1.

You can also just use the cheats available in a couple of clicks on the wiki to unlock the whole gallery and stuff instantly.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes