tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Keeping her corruption down takes effort, for sure. I do daily sorties in portals, sometimes two, and rush to hives and get out after. In my last 60-day run, her corruption got to 14 early game because it's challenge 5 and i need a bit of setup, but then i keep it <5 no problem ("first meeting" mission playing as Evolution can get you a nice -10 if you talk to her instead of ambushing, and talk instead of attacking Hebi after the fight). Druid really has to suck it up and cull the portals, though.

Cycling between 3 stable portals is enough for me to cull the hives regularly, with the map explored and a few teleport points the stamina drain is minimal and i can still explore new portals without problem. Getting 2 fighting teams might be worth it if you really want to go on a hive-destroying rampage.
Believe it or not, she's over 90 and I did talk to her lmao

Does destroying a hive remove more corruption that it gives? If every portal is generating hives, if you're only clearing out three of them, how does that actually keep the corruption down? Shouldn't you need to clear every portal to prevent it from increasing?

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Believe it or not, she's over 90 and I did talk to her lmao

Does destroying a hive remove more corruption that it gives? If every portal is generating hives, if you're only clearing out three of them, how does that actually keep the corruption down? Shouldn't you need to clear every portal to prevent it from increasing?
Killing a hive should remove 2 corruption then, i haven't gone back in-game to try it out.
Just look at the jounal (tab key) before and after cleansing a hive to see how much power and corruption change.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Killing a hive should remove 2 corruption then, i haven't gone back in-game to try it out.
Just look at the jounal (tab key) before and after cleansing a hive to see how much power and corruption change.
Good thinking. I just tried it, and it removed one corruption when I destroyed the hive. I should have looked at her power, but she's at 3, so I didn't care to look. Used the brood queen to drop both of them to zero power lol

Although, if there's points where you can't reduce her past them, that might not be true. She's at 90 after killing the hive.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Good thinking. I just tried it, and it removed one corruption when I destroyed the hive. I should have looked at her power, but she's at 3, so I didn't care to look. Used the brood queen to drop both of them to zero power lol

Although, if there's points where you can't reduce her past them, that might not be true. She's at 90 after killing the hive.
What i meant by "going back" was Siena taking deals with Hebi and her appearance changing progressively. The corruption score itself can go back down without trouble.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
What i meant by "going back" was Siena taking deals with Hebi and her appearance changing progressively. The corruption score itself can go back down without trouble.
Gotchya.

Although, I'm definitely failing at pushing it back. I've spent this entire time going through all the open portals and killing all the hives, she's to 94 now lol

And yeah, destroying a hive is only reducing it by one.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Is there a way to check the version number of whatever I have? Xhana never spawns (3rd cycle of a Medium game already), so I have doubts about whether I have 0.15.0.0 or 0.15.0.1 due to the 0.15.0.1 bugfix entry "unique xhana event never triggered".

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
-you can recruit Devils or Nephilims in their respective rare biomes for a unique buff to your MC. Not really a quest, but rare enough that most might not know about it. Can't get both at the same time, though.
For the Nephilims I had their biomes early I couldn't acces heaven tho not sure if you needed a flying mount or something else and the dragon seedling was too large to go in the portal

Is there a way to check the version number of whatever I have? Xhana never spawns (3rd cycle of a Medium game already), so I have doubts about whether I have 0.15.0.0 or 0.15.0.1 due to the 0.15.0.1 bugfix entry "unique xhana event never triggered".
Yeah on the wiki it just say that you unlock her some time after avy so I don't know if you need her to be max level

So do you need another condition for the slime girl (not the swamp slime) to stay in your party or is it a bug where she is just gone after you recruit her, same thing also happened with the slime lizard, also is this thing rare she spawned instead of the grass spirit

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
For the Nephilims I had their biomes early I couldn't acces heaven tho not sure if you needed a flying mount or something else and the dragon seedling was too large to go in the portal
Yes, you need a flying mount to get into the heaven biome. You were really unlucky with the portal size :/

So do you need another condition for the slime girl (not the swamp slime) to stay in your party or is it a bug where she is just gone after you recruit her, same thing also happened with the slime lizard, also is this thing rare she spawned instead of the grass spirit
All special Tanids have the "token" trait when you meet them in combat, meaning you need the "mind bending" spell or artifact to remove that while recruiting them.

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
Yes, you need a flying mount to get into the heaven biome. You were really unlucky with the portal size :/

All special Tanids have the "token" trait when you meet them in combat, meaning you need the "mind bending" spell or artifact to remove that while recruiting them.
Is mind bending mind control the last seduction skill on the prince ad for the artifact do you craft them

Worst part of the nephilims was that I had no idea it was the heaven biome I thought it was the snow biome that I needed for the robot upgrade lmao

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Is mind bending mind control the last seduction skill on the prince ad for the artifact do you craft them

Worst part of the nephilims was that I had no idea it was the heaven biome I thought it was the snow biome that I needed for the robot upgrade lmao
Yup, mind control, my bad.

Artifacts you get from S rank tavern missions or from artifact portals, you can't craft them.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Damn, I fundamentally misunderstood what kind of bonuses beating the game unlocks. I thought you'd get extra points on New Game character creation based on your score or something, but the only unlockables are new traits to put on yourself or your starters...
So the score is just for score's sake, huh?

This game in general desperately needs a guide. Judging by the gallery I'm still missing like half the unique characters whom I have no idea how to find. Also would like to know all breedable triple-species combos, only found the true unicorn by now.

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
Yup, mind control, my bad.

Artifacts you get from S rank tavern missions or from artifact portals, you can't craft them.
Never had an artifact portal and if you use a cheat like the scout one does it affect the save file only or every other save file

Damn, I fundamentally misunderstood what kind of bonuses beating the game unlocks. I thought you'd get extra points on New Game character creation based on your score or something, but the only unlockables are new traits to put on yourself or your starters...

This game in general desperately needs a guide. Judging by the gallery I'm still missing like half the unique characters whom I have no idea how to find. Also would like to know all breedable triple-species combos, only found the true unicorn by now.
Here the wiki it ain't complete but you can look for the hybrid and unique and skill combinations

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019

There's a wiki at least, with the info for uniques and hybrids you're looking for. You can google it.
The gallery itself has hints too, if you click on the image you're missing some entries have a little message. The super-hybrids for example indicate 1 of the 3 species needed (and the name is often enough to find the rest), and some uniques have a hint (Meira the spider-girl is referenced asthe "medical spider" for example, hinting that you need to heal characters in town to meet her).
But yeah, the wiki's got the stuff you're looking for. See link above.

As for a full guide... it probably won't ever happen. You only get milestone objectives along the campaign, and even then they're all optional, only the final encounter matters. And there are many, many ways to get powerful enough and jump over that last hurdle, so... yeah, no guide. A wiki with tips and tricks on how to snowball power is more than enough for a sandbox game.

Never had an artifact portal and if you use a cheat like the scout one does it affect the save file only or every other save file
Cheats only affect the save file you use them on. It only sets a flag so you can't use it to unlock new achievements and gallery entries.

Since you've never seen an artifact portal though, i'm gonna guess you're playing sandbox mode. Artifact portals are met in campaign mode and usually have story bits and a rival encounter. The rarity of those items is purple.

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
Cheats only affect the save file you use them on. It only sets a flag so you can't use it to unlock new achievements and gallery entries.

Since you've never seen an artifact portal though, i'm gonna guess you're playing sandbox mode. Artifact portals are met in campaign mode and usually have story bits and a rival encounter. The rarity of those items is purple.
I have 2 save file where I play one is the sandbox where I try to put as much character as possible and the other I put Very long in the game length

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I have 2 save file where I play one is the sandbox where I try to put as much character as possible and the other I put Very long in the game length
Then you should be able to get artifacts from S rank tavern missions.

Story and artifact portals are numbered, and spread out over the whole duration of the campaign. For example, the "first encounter" on a very short game is on day 10/30, but on a short it's on day 15/60. In the same manner, artifact portals won't pop up as often over a 150-day game because there's only so many of them (5?).

Longer games are only interesting if you go for a combat-only approach and recycle your team by capturing new members... Because you can already reach the gene cap (lvl 20+10 genes all) by day 15-20, and have a full power trait pool and team by day 25-30. Very short games are enough to play the campaign and raise to challenge rank 10, really.

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
Then you should be able to get artifacts from S rank tavern missions.

Story and artifact portals are numbered, and spread out over the whole duration of the campaign. For example, the "first encounter" on a very short game is on day 10/30, but on a short it's on day 15/60. In the same manner, artifact portals won't pop up as often over a 150-day game because there's only so many of them (5?).

Longer games are only interesting if you go for a combat-only approach and recycle your team by capturing new members... Because you can already reach the gene cap (lvl 20+10 genes all) by day 15-20, and have a full power trait pool and team by day 25-30. Very short games are enough to play the campaign and raise to challenge rank 10, really.
Yeah I just don't want to reset every time to get a character with good trait and skill plus as a bonus I get a pretty good monsters girls harem

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Yeah I just don't want to reset every time to get a character with good trait and skill plus as a bonus I get a pretty good monsters girls harem
You can continue playing ad vitam eternam after the final portal mission, though. As long as you clear the 30-day campaign, it's pretty much sandbox mode with bonuses and all the unlockables! (God trait for Evolution, yum)

ifdk

Aug 14, 2019
You can continue playing ad vitam eternam after the final portal mission, though. As long as you clear the 30-day campaign, it's pretty much sandbox mode with bonuses and all the unlockables! (God trait for Evolution, yum)
I mean I realized it was way too long at first I thought it was going to be 80 day also for the mushroom essence does the unit you use it on get a disavantage like if the mushroom girl die the character also die

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I mean I realized it was way too long at first I thought it was going to be 80 day also for the mushroom essence does the unit you use it on get a disavantage like if the mushroom girl die the character also die
There's no detrimental effects.

Reactions: ifdk
4.10 star(s) 79 Votes