shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Is that the movie where they see what crimes they might do in the future? Even then, doesn't it end with the machine being wrong in that the crimes might not happen and they were arresting innocent people and they did away with the machine? Might be another movie I'm thinking of.
I havent actually seen the plot all i know is that they arrest people before they commit a crime

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
yeah, looked up a summary. it's the movie I'm thinking of, but it used Psychics instead of a machine to predict the future crimes.

Reactions: shitass1001

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
minority report... technically :ROFLMAO:
Is that the movie where they see what crimes they might do in the future? Even then, doesn't it end with the machine being wrong in that the crimes might not happen and they were arresting innocent people and they did away with the machine? Might be another movie I'm thinking of.
Not quitely. In fact, the villain of the movie take advantage of a sub-effect of the precog's abillities to kill someone and when the protagonist Tom Cruise start inveastigate it, the villain manipulate some events to make the precogs predict the protagonist will kill someone, and because of that Tom Cruise has to run away to prove his innocence. So, even there the protagonist react to the villain pulling the strings

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Been a while since i seen the movie, but that just helps our claim that the Hero's aren't taking action's before the villains act first.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Can you give some examples that can support your point?
So many movies, comics, games, books that all support his point. Arguably, even the bible with Job - Satan in Heaven convincing God to test Job's faith.
It's almost always the antagonist's actions that lead to the protagonists having to react to what the antagonist has instigated.
Exactly. This is such a widely known concept but it's still worth discussing.

I would add that an antagonist doesn't always have to be a villain, and sometimes they don't even have to be a character, but at a minimum they represent a conflict/challenge for the protagonist ("hero") to overcome. Without conflict, there's not much for the hero to do, so there isn't really a "story".

Reactions: Cuddleeschew

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
I think there's a misunderstanding here. Still I will watch some of the stated references and get back here as soon as possible. I just watched first episode of the "chainsaw man" but I didn't find any similarities between that and this vn, so far I didn't notice anything in it that supports the point that protagonists only react when shit have hit the fan, axcept of course at the start of every story like how John wick reacted to his dog being killed by the mobs. But in that sense hunter threatening the mc that he will destroy his household at the start should be enough for the mc to react to it like how John wick reacted, jw just traced the culprit and killed him cold-blooded. But that's not what I want the mc to do, I just want him to be more engaged about getting rid of hunter without letting him know and not just kill him or chop his leg off or make any other stupid move. I think that's the misunderstanding.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
But in that sense hunter threatening the mc that he will destroy his household at the start should be enough for the mc to react to it like how John wick reacted, jw just traced the culprit and killed him cold-blooded. But that's not what I want the mc to do, I just want him to be more engaged about getting rid of hunter without letting him know and not just kill him or chop his leg off or make any other stupid move. I think that's the misunderstanding.
Hunter warned him NOT to make any moves. It was one of his earliest threats. If Sterling made any moves, he will kick the entire family out of the house and they would live in the streets. That's why Sterling isn't making any moves, not because he is scared or doesn't know what to do, but because if he does anything, his family will pay for it.

That's why he reacts to Hunters attempts instead of pre-emptive blocking. Sure, I'm surprised Hunter hasn't actually called him out on Sterling cock blocking him or taken actions to punish Sterling. In a way, he's going against what Hunter told him to do, but that's not here nor there.

As for the engaged to get rid of Hunter. He is putting the evidence together to beat him once and for all. Like the diary, the drugs he found with Tiff and all the injuries like the tooth Brenna knocked out. Once he has enough undeniable proof that Hunter is evil, that's when he'll act instead of react.

On that same note, i hope there is like a phoenix right stand off when it's time to present the evidence. Present it right and you incriminate Hunter. Though for PV, present the case wrong or fail to convince the girls leads to a bad end. Like Hunter flips all the allegations onto Sterling.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
I think there's a misunderstanding here. Still I will watch some of the stated references and get back here as soon as possible. I just watched first episode of the "chainsaw man" but I didn't find any similarities between that and this vn, so far I didn't notice anything in it that supports the point that protagonists only react when shit have hit the fan, axcept of course at the start of every story like how John wick reacted to his dog being killed by the mobs. But in that sense hunter threatening the mc that he will destroy his household at the start should be enough for the mc to react to it like how John wick reacted, jw just traced the culprit and killed him cold-blooded. But that's not what I want the mc to do, I just want him to be more engaged about getting rid of hunter without letting him know and not just kill him or chop his leg off or make any other stupid move. I think that's the misunderstanding.
It's not like Sterling is doing nothing, but he is playing defense. This is because he's not ready or able to make more proactive moves against Hunter. Think less action-flick and more spy-thriller.

Regardless of what we think we would do in Sterling's situation, we wouldn't want Sterling to take Hunter out too soon, because Hunter's actions have actually helped Sterling get all the girls. But I'm thinking Hunter will get his comeuppance sooner or later, whether at Sterling's hands or some other way.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017

Now that thats cleared up, i have a few pointers about what to do when you dont like a game or a specific kink in it:

1. Delete the game from your PC and dont download the future updates.
2. Use that ignore thread function provided by the site.

What not to do:
1. Dont go to that thread and bitch about it and cause inconvenience to the regulars there.

Haight i will not thread ban you but if you repeat it then we will have to.

Some of you might have lost your posts which are not offtopic but let's start from where you guys left off before stupidity took hold of this thread

P.S: for anyone who wanna complain or cry about something just use off-topic section, Thanks .

Ziz98

Dec 31, 2018

Now that thats cleared up, i have a few pointers about what to do when you dont like a game or a specific kink in it:

1. Delete the game from your PC and dont download the future updates.
2. Use that ignore thread function provided by the site.

What not to do:
1. Dont go to that thread and bitch about it and cause inconvenience to the regulars there.

Haight i will not thread ban you but if you repeat it then we will have to.

Some of you might have lost your posts which are not offtopic but let's start from where you guys left off before stupidity took hold of this thread

P.S: for anyone who wanna complain or cry about something just use off-topic section, Thanks .
gigachad-chad.gif

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
Hunter warned him NOT to make any moves. It was one of his earliest threats. If Sterling made any moves, he will kick the entire family out of the house and they would live in the streets. That's why Sterling isn't making any moves, not because he is scared or doesn't know what to do, but because if he does anything, his family will pay for it.

That's why he reacts to Hunters attempts instead of pre-emptive blocking. Sure, I'm surprised Hunter hasn't actually called him out on Sterling cock blocking him or taken actions to punish Sterling. In a way, he's going against what Hunter told him to do, but that's not here nor there.

As for the engaged to get rid of Hunter. He is putting the evidence together to beat him once and for all. Like the diary, the drugs he found with Tiff and all the injuries like the tooth Brenna knocked out. Once he has enough undeniable proof that Hunter is evil, that's when he'll act instead of react.

On that same note, i hope there is like a phoenix right stand off when it's time to present the evidence. Present it right and you incriminate Hunter. Though for PV, present the case wrong or fail to convince the girls leads to a bad end. Like Hunter flips all the allegations onto Sterling.
Ok I haven’t been on here yesterday so I want to say that once sterling shows the family proof of him being evil, I feel like Hunter will be smart and try to spin it around on sterling, saying he’s the one who’s plan on getting with the girls and being evil and etc.

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes