Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Well, you're mostly correct. The writing is tedious for even those who understand the references and jokes. I am a pretty well-versed guy in pop culture references so many times the joke is so funny that I burst out laughing. But those jokes are rare as is understandable. Then there are jokes which are funny but don't make me laugh out loud. Then there is clever word play which is very nice to read. But then there are jokes that are so forced (even the writer admits that in-game, super 'Meta') that I wonder what was the point of that joke here.
It seems like the writer sets a quota for jokes that every piece of dialogue must contain a joke whether it needs it or not. I am very familiar with this kind of writing. I have read a lot of it (and unsuccessfully wrote some too). I have a quick reading speed and great reading stamina. I used to average 120-150 pages a day of normal paperbacks with only a few hours of reading time that I could manage between work and going above 200 during the climax of the book. This game tires me out. I can't even finish a chapter in one sitting even though I know it is nowhere close to what I am actually capable of.
Don't get me wrong I like the jokes but there are only so many times that you can enjoy a funny way to describe a penis, or the times you compare ejaculation with vomiting. After that, it is just how quickly my brain can ignore the joke and read what is actually being said. There is no doubt in my mind that a huge amount of effort went into writing this dialogue but maybe that much effort wasn't needed in the first place. In the pursuit of a joke in every new line, all you have achieved is redundancy in your writing. Repeating a joke multiple times with slight variations. I don't know what to tell you. Keep doing what you do best but dail back the jokes. During proofreading, if a joke seems too forced or too off-topic just take it out, man. At the end of the day, this game is not going mainstream, it won't get the acclaim it deserves for its witty humor and clever wordplay. It will only be read by a couple of thousand low-life degenerates like us.
I have no problem playing an entire chapter in one sitting, but I usually only do so when it's first released, so maybe my anticipation carries me through. Comparing this game/VN to an actual book is apples and oranges. I also read books quickly, but I read graphic novels slowly, because I take time to appreciate the visuals. That might've been a better comparison?

You touch on a real challenge though: sometimes there are only so many ways to joke about something sexual. If it starts to feel repetitive, either view it as a running gag, or break up your play sessions more. I mean, I can't marathon many sitcom shows without experiencing some of what you describe, so I don't. But the joke-every-other-line style of writing is intrinsic to this game, just as it is to shows like South Park or Rick & Morty. Take that away and that leaves... what, a highly improbable drama with sex? I prefer the humor stays, when these games get too serious they also become pretentious and boring.

Fuxxzz

Dec 26, 2018
We've got a lot of theories going on the discord, but one that stands out is that this might not even be a bad end at all. There is no NTR in the title and WWG always put NTR when it relates to bad ends.

So we are assuming this is a plain ol story event that will be resolved in another way. Like someone else put it, "this might be a darkest-before-the-dawn kind of moment to set up Sterling's victory".

So it's only looking bad for Sterling before he turns it around. That's one theory at least.

For me, it's an idea i had for a bad end for a long time. That Hunter would use all the evidence and flip it to make it look like Sterling was the bad one the entire time. Though I'm thinking this isn't a bad end, but still doing the evidence flipping part.
Yeah, it looks that way. It seems that Sterling is trying to show the girls every piece of evidence he has of Hunter. But Hunter expressions seems too comedic honestly so it wouldn't surprise me if he flips everything and also uses that oportunity to double cross Drew and threw her out of the house with along Sterling to get all the girls. On the other hand it isn't marked as NTR bad end so yeah.
I think WWG just wants to show a "bad guys are going to win" situation before the final chapter. And the main thing of the final chapter will be Sterling somehow founding new info to finally kick Hunter out of the house in a glorious way to get all the girls or he slowly realizing that there's no more hope and Hunter will get his family and friends.

Reactions: dartred

Shadow Song

Feb 5, 2018
Does anyone know where I can just watch the scenes? Like a comp or something?

My game is bugged and I cant progress anymore past chapter 2. Catherines events are bugged

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Does anyone know where I can just watch the scenes? Like a comp or something?

My game is bugged and I cant progress anymore past chapter 2. Catherines events are bugged
You need to install the mandatory patch.

Chieflenafan

Oct 1, 2020
Yeah, it looks that way. It seems that Sterling is trying to show the girls every piece of evidence he has of Hunter. But Hunter expressions seems too comedic honestly so it wouldn't surprise me if he flips everything and also uses that oportunity to double cross Drew and threw her out of the house with along Sterling to get all the girls. On the other hand it isn't marked as NTR bad end so yeah.
I think WWG just wants to show a "bad guys are going to win" situation before the final chapter. And the main thing of the final chapter will be Sterling somehow founding new info to finally kick Hunter out of the house in a glorious way to get all the girls or he slowly realizing that there's no more hope and Hunter will get his family and friends.
Here i'm wondering about one thing if hunter does manage to flip this around, where are kiera and nora ? Their testimony alone should be enough to show what Hunter is capable of. Except if they're in this somehow or went away by this point.

jamiehmcw91

May 28, 2021
I never thought I'd say this, but... is anyone else tired of the wallpapers featuring orgy scenes? Don't we get to see plenty of sex in the game itself? It seems like a waste when the wallpapers could feature other fun ideas. :confused:
R u refering to the rv holiday fun?

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
R u refering to the rv holiday fun?
Well, yes and no. There have been several orgy scene wallpapers, I'm not referring to one specifically. If your suggestion wins, I'm sure WWG will make a great wallpaper out of it. He did give it a wild card chance after all, so he probably has a good idea how to do it.

As much as I like to see Ophelia GET REKT again, I honestly enjoy this game's story and characters for more than just the sex, and I'm disappointed when sex scenes seem to crush more original ideas in the wallpaper polls.

jamiehmcw91

May 28, 2021
Well, yes and no. There have been several orgy scene wallpapers, I'm not referring to one specifically. If your suggestion wins, I'm sure WWG will make a great wallpaper out of it. He did give it a wild card chance after all, so he probably has a good idea how to do it.

As much as I like to see Ophelia GET REKT again, I honestly enjoy this game's story and characters for more than just the sex, and I'm disappointed when sex scenes seem to crush more original ideas in the wallpaper polls.
Yeah I think I went OTT with this wallpaper idea. Will try and do a better one next time.

Reactions: Max0217
4.20 star(s) 368 Votes