Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
I wasn't moralizing, I wasn't suggesting anything... I ASKED A QUESTION.
I have never played any game on this site without using whatever uncensor patches that were available and likely never will (I think I played the censored version of this once! for a few minutes by accident... not something I'd choose to do again).
That doesn't change the fact that a "Mandatory" Uncensor patch makes no sense to me, if you don't want censorship in your game then you don't censor it, if you do censor it then why isn't it playable in that state. Uncensor patches usually don't make huge changes, normally it's a simple text swap. There has to be a missing piece of information here.

It's really not a complicated question... if you don't know then you don't know, leave it for someone who does. But stop reading shit into my post that isn't there

Through questions we expand our comprehension.
I should've known the Casablanca reference would go over your head. Fine, I'll draw you a map then.

I actually am a patron that pays for this game, knowing full well that the version released on Patreon is incomplete, because I know that there just so happens (wink-wink) to be a patch somewhere that completes the game. All the patrons know about this. It's the only way to release a game with this much prohibited content on that platform, because you have to follow their rules in order to maintain a large number of financial supporters. I'm surprised you don't know this after 6 years on this site!

Call it an assertion, declaration, IDGAF, but saying "so it should be playable" reads as a suggestion. And making it playable is a huge waste of time even if it was as simple as a text swap, which it isn't. It's more akin to making 2 games simultaneously, which would require more time or smaller releases. Supporters don't want that, so we're fine with a few people getting confused by the incomplete official game, and we TRY to guide them.

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I should've known the Casablanca reference would go over your head. Fine, I'll draw you a map then.

I actually am a patron that pays for this game, knowing full well that the version released on Patreon is incomplete, because I know that there just so happens (wink-wink) to be a patch somewhere that completes the game. All the patrons know about this. It's the only way to release a game with this much prohibited content on that platform, because you have to follow their rules in order to maintain a large number of financial supporters. I'm surprised you don't know this after 6 years on this site!

Call it an assertion, declaration, IDGAF, but saying "so it should be playable" reads as a suggestion. And making it playable is a huge waste of time even if it was as simple as a text swap, which it isn't. It's more akin to making 2 games simultaneously, which would require more time or smaller releases. Supporters don't want that, so we're fine with a few people getting confused by the incomplete official game, and we TRY to guide them.
Love the attempt to present yourself as an intellectual, considering the question you facepalmed was "So what happens if you don't play with the patch?", then you went on make a load of assumptions/accusations based on my illustrating why I found it confusing that there where bugs associated with it at all.

I'm aware of Casablanca but never watched it... does that make you feel superior? I'm used to morons trying to ridicule others over inane pieces of trivia but usually they are somewhat relevant to the subject at hand.
And compounding it by defending a quote that demonstrates you STILL haven't got a clue what you are responding to...LMAO I'm almost tempted to leave you off my ignore list just to hear your attempt at explaining that.

Yes after 6 years here and over 300 games on my watch list I still don't know all the trivia inherent to each Devs decisions (that's why I ask questions, they serve to fill gaps in my knowledge), particularly when this is the ONLY game I thnk I've seen with a "Mandatory" Uncensor Patch (A patch that wasn't mandatory when I was still actively following this thread). I must have seen thousands examples of Devs making censored versions of their games that worked just fine both in that state and after applying a simple patch that swapped out Labels and small portions of dialogue.

I have no idea what complications exist in making a patch for this particular game and I doubt you do either, but to give you credit you did eventually come close to giving an intelligent answer (it might even by true to the best of your understanding), so I'm quitting while I'm ahead. Enjoy your bliss.

I stopped visiting this thread regularly because it was infested by idiots picking fights over nothing, it's a shame to see nothing has changed.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
I have no idea what complications exist in making a patch for this particular game and I doubt you do either
I think you're acting like the proverbial pidgeon playing chess, but maybe your problem is you're not caught up to the current chapter? This game features taboo subjects like incest, rape, drugs, and bestiality, and they're not just mentioned in dialogue, but shown in renders. A lot of that stuff runs afoul of Patreon's TOS and you seem smart enough to grasp that, which is why I can only guess you didn't know. How much time do you think the dev should spend cutting all that from the game? If someone wants to play a vanilla game with no taboo subjects, this ain't the game for them.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
If you do not installl the M A N D A T O R Y patch (meaning "not optional", you have to install it in ordert to avoid problems), you get an error message (an exception) in the context of this gym scene. I never got this error myself, simply because I am able to read and follow the instruction to install this M A N D A T O R Y patch. But the error message can be found many, many times in this thread. Far too many times in order to still believe in the human race...o_O
I agree, that at this point the downloadable version should not need this patch anymore, because the game simply does not run properly without it. But I cannot change that. On the other hand the need of the M A N D A T O R Y patch is even inscribed in large, friendly letters in the opening post (OP), where the actual version can be downloaded. So what on God's green earth needs to be done for everybody being able to see that?! o_O

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
If you do not installl the M A N D A T O R Y patch (meaning "not optional", you have to install it in ordert to avoid problems), you get an error message (an exception) in the context of this gym scene. I never got this error myself, simply because I am able to read and follow the instruction to install this M A N D A T O R Y patch. But the error message can be found many, many times in this thread. Far too many times in order to still believe in the human race...o_O
I agree, that at this point the downloadable version should not need this patch anymore, because the game simply does not run properly without it. But I cannot change that. On the other hand the need of the M A N D A T O R Y patch is even inscribed in large, friendly letters in the opening post (OP), where the actual version can be downloaded. So what on God's green earth needs to be done for everybody being able to see that?! o_O
I wouldn't know, the thing that peaked my curiosity was someone stating that there was a "bug" without bothering to provide any information on how the "bug" manifested, yet a responding member was able to deduce the patch hadn't been used.

Why put spaces between the letters of Mandatory BTW? does that help Non-English speakers understand the word and it's relevance? I assume the majority of the culprits have limited understanding of English (based on my experience trying to navigate Russian sites I'm fairly sure I'd be fucked if they highlighted words like that but maybe I'm wrong), of course there will be some native speakers who don't read anything beyond download, but spaces aren't going to affect them either, they'll be too busy bitching about the "bugs" to read this.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Why put spaces between the letters of Mandatory BTW? does that help Non-English speakers understand the word and it's relevance?
It's a common way to emphasize something when typing online. Sort of like capitalized-bolded-underlining, you know? :WeSmart:

I wasn't moralizing, I wasn't suggesting anything... I ASKED A QUESTION.
the thing that peaked my curiosity
P I Q U E D

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Why put spaces between the letters of Mandatory BTW? does that help Non-English speakers understand the word and it's relevance?
For that extra emphasis that emboldening it doesn't quite convey.

of course there will be some who don't read anything beyond download
Given how often that happens, and how often they wind up asking questions that are all too often already answered if they'd just read the OP in the first place, it just reinforces that they're idiots.
Idiots who need more than big, obvious yellow text telling them that the MANDATORY patch they didn't download is an absolute requirement, must be used, that the game needs it, that it is... Mandatory.

Reactions: The_Reviewer

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
For that extra emphasis that emboldening it doesn't quite convey.
My point was "what does that do to translating programs?", that extra emphasis is fine for people who are literate in English, but it's not the literate who need the extra emphasis.
BTW I have no idea if it affects any of the programs, I just said it as food for thought.

Given how often that happens, and how often they wind up asking questions that are all too often already answered if they'd just read the OP in the first place, it just reinforces that they're idiots.
Idiots who need more than big, obvious yellow text telling them that the MANDATORY patch they didn't download is an absolute requirement, must be used, that the game needs it, that it is... Mandatory.
Yeah. so whats new? Lots of people fuck up for different reasons, I'm not sure why you are telling me? I've never struggled to understand the meaning of mandatory... I've never experienced the "bug" of not having the patch installed, hence my query about what does happen if you don't have it.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
My point was "what does that do to translating programs?"
Don't know, don't care.

If a non-native English speaker cares enough about that one single post, they will either ask or notice that it's the same word that's been repeated many times in this thread, and even in the OP itself, and take the initiative to look up the word if need be.

Yeah. so whats new? Lots of people fuck up for different reasons, I'm not sure why you are telling me?
Lots of people fuck up, but fewer and fewer are bothering to learn from their mistakes.

As for why I'm "telling you"... You've basically shot your own argument in the foot with that one piece of text.
The ones who ask about why their gameplay came to a halt with a specific "bug", are the ones to whom your own words apply.
There's possibly more who didn't read, then came back to the thread and finally noticed the glaringly obvious instructions in the OP.

Fayn Arawn already explained that patrons are aware of the file and it being required, and why.
Here, only the non-patrons and people lacking in common sense or too lazy to read big yellow writing will have issues.

I've never struggled to understand the meaning of mandatory... I've never experienced the "bug" of not having the patch installed, hence my query about what does happen if you don't have it.
If you've never struggled with the meaning of the word, then your question was pointless.

It's practically the equivelant of asking what will happen if your car doesn't have working brakes.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Don't know, don't care.

If a non-native English speaker cares enough about that one single post, they will either ask or notice that it's the same word that's been repeated many times in this thread, and even in the OP itself, and take the initiative to look up the word if need be.
Then who was it for? Nothing in any of my posts said I was confused about what Mandatory meant or that I hadn't abided by it, he even agreed that it was strange for the game to be in that state

I simply thought it was note worthy that he got so aggravated about people failing to understand a word that he inadvertently made that word harder to understand (potentially) ... nothing more, nothing less, I didn't even intend any kind of slight on Hermit76 , if he felt attacked I'm sorry for that.

Lots of people fuck up, but fewer and fewer are bothering to learn from their mistakes.

As for why I'm "telling you"... You've basically shot your own argument in the foot with that one piece of text.
The ones who ask about why their gameplay came to a halt with a specific "bug", are the ones to whom your own words apply.
There's possibly more who didn't read, then came back to the thread and finally noticed the glaringly obvious instructions in the OP.
And what Argument have I shot again? I asked two questions and expressed mild sympathy for people struggling with language barriers... You are so desperate to believe I'm engaging in some kind of aggression. You are just attacking strawmen.

Fayn Arawn already explained that patrons are aware of the file and it being required, and why.
Why are you bringing this up, it's the only thing he said that struck me as worthwhile, I find it very believable and certainly didn't dispute it, if he had simply said this at the beginning this conversation would have been over in one post with me responding with a "Like"... Not the perfect answer... but enough for a casual query.

If you've never struggled with the meaning of the word, then your question was pointless.
My question was "What was the Bug?" my confusion (and I guess secondary question) was "WHY is the patch mandatory" neither imply any kind of failure to understand what "Mandatory" means, it disturbs me that you rant on about people not understanding the meaning of "Mandatory" yet you can't grasp the difference between "What" and "Why"!

It's practically the equivelant of asking what will happen if your car doesn't have working brakes.
Only if you didn't understand the question.

I'm done with this BTW.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I'm moving on from the guy with the apparent learning disability who asks questions and then doesn't understand why people answer him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Really rooting for the one with Cerberus even if it's only for a good laugh.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Spoiler: Wallpaper suggestions from Patreon
I would watch Halloween, where Hunter wants Ophelia to massage his back while he lies down, and suddenly the dog Cerberus penetrates and penetrates his ass. From his groan, the whole family entered Hunter’s room and there Cerberus was having a good time. :D

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Just to make it clear: I did not address my post about the mandatory patch to anyone in paticular. That's why I did not make a direct response. And the emphasizing of "mandatory" was announced to all, who read this and still have sympathy to those idiots, who either ignore the word (written in big, yellow letters, very close to the download link...) or do not even care to look it up, if they don't know its meaning.
By the way, I was somehow hoping, that I answered the question, what happens without the patch with "you get an error message (an exception) in the context of this gym scene".

Reactions: Snugglepuff
4.20 star(s) 367 Votes