Dec 26, 2020
No he isn't?? He gives rough estimates on when he thinks the update would be ready and obviously issues can come up during the creation process that can delay them.
I only support him with the big bucks when there is a release, so this doesn't affect me and I am calm about it.

Now, to give an ETA is tricky, you are more likely to fail if it is more precise, but the fact that it was a "rough" estimate makes it easier to meet the deadline. This is the case.

Extraordinary events can happen too, but he hasn't said that happened, and in any commercial relation that is not assumed, that is declared.

And this isn't the first time this happens either.

By the way, if the update was delivered 31st of this month, that doesn't mean he is bad at meeting deadlines, as that is "by the end of the month", just like it was declared.

Again, I am not mad at him, I will support him because he is talented and has integrity (by the fact that he is giving this update to the $20 patreons of December).

But I am not going to say he doesn't have a hard time organizing dates and meeting deadlines, that's all.

So... I really don't get your point here.

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018
You can be a fan and admit he is. When he says december release it usually means on the 31st at 11pm or a delay, thats why he doesnt give release dates anymore. At least i remember the last updates being delayed.
It’s so weird to me that some of his fans are completely unable to give any negative criticism. He’s a great dev with a few flaws, release timeline being one of them. Once he announced “December” I made the joke it would be December 31st at 11:59pm. He still missed it lol.

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
No he isn't?? He gives rough estimates on when he thinks the update would be ready and obviously issues can come up during the creation process that can delay them.
Yeah very rough, he seems more determined to delay the release of his game than the establishment(military) of my country is determined to delay the upcoming general elections because the politician in popularity ATM is against its meddling with the political system.

Vobalt03

Jun 16, 2023
Still playing through this game and I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. This is turning into one of my favorites! I just got through the armpit licking scene and I was dying... :ROFLMAO:
Where can I see the armpit licking scene? Is it in the main game, or is it in the "what if" part?

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Where can I see the armpit licking scene? Is it in the main game, or is it in the "what if" part?
It's part of the main game. I think Episode 4 or 5 I was on? It was with his sister Brenna, one of the things they did for the photos she was taking for her online page. It was so funny.

zindathar

Nov 25, 2017
You can be a fan and admit he is. When he says december release it usually means on the 31st at 11pm or a delay, thats why he doesnt give release dates anymore. At least i remember the last updates being delayed.
I have been a fan follower of this game from the beginning and I can certificate that when it's deadline estimates, he always fail to deliver, but I still keep coming for more of this game

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I might be WWG's biggest shill and defender and I'll again defend him here, but i can admit when he is wrong. Yes, he missed his estimated release date. Some people are being too harsh with him missing his GUESS. I can admit that he isn't on point when he determines when he thinks his update will drop. as a matter of fact, i can admit he misses his estimate pretty often, but that's why it's called a guess or estimate. He tried to predict the release date 3 months in advance and the worst he has to show for it is being off by 1 week (if he doesn't need more time). For every time he underestimates his release, it's always been about a week. Some people are making a mountain out of an ant hill.

I know i'll get facepalmed by the haters who can't see that the delay isn't a major deal when compared to other devs description of a delay. When you consider the amount of content and how big the update is, it's should be understandable why the game is taking so long to make. He doesn't create dates and then releases when that date comes around with whatever is finished so far. Those games that make their own once a month or other month deadline can be finished playing through in 10 to 20 minutes usually. PV will take you a good few hours and i'm expecting this next update to take most players a full day, wake to sleep to finish.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
I might be WWG's biggest shill and defender and I'll again defend him here, but i can admit when he is wrong. Yes, he missed his estimated release date. Some people are being too harsh with him missing his GUESS. I can admit that he isn't on point when he determines when he thinks his update will drop. as a matter of fact, i can admit he misses his estimate pretty often, but that's why it's called a guess or estimate. He tried to predict the release date 3 months in advance and the worst he has to show for it is being off by 1 week (if he doesn't need more time). For every time he underestimates his release, it's always been about a week. Some people are making a mountain out of an ant hill.

I know i'll get facepalmed by the haters who can't see that the delay isn't a major deal when compared to other devs description of a delay. When you consider the amount of content and how big the update is, it's should be understandable why the game is taking so long to make. He doesn't create dates and then releases when that date comes around with whatever is finished so far. Those games that make their own once a month or other month deadline can be finished playing through in 10 to 20 minutes usually. PV will take you a good few hours and i'm expecting this next update to take most players a full day, wake to sleep to finish.
Od0.gif I don’t know whether to hate or not, but I think the wait is worth it, since a large amount of content is expected in PV, I understand why there is such a delay... no matter what, we will look forward to the update!

porotropo

Apr 21, 2018

Well said!! This great game deserves all the wait it takes.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
It's only a week delay, as i acknowledged, he is running late on the update, but it's only a week. It shouldn't be hard to overlook 1 week. It's not like development time is getting longer without nothing to show for it. CH 12 is going to be twice as big as CH 11 and only 1 extra month of development time. If CH 13 is twice as big again and only 10 months to develop, it's statiscally a win. Every chapters increased development time to content ratio has been a win. Sure, i get it's not a win for you personally because you don't like the jokes and think it's a waste of time, i get that. Content is content though, he isn't just sitting around doing nothing though.

Bringbigdick

May 1, 2017
It's only a week delay, as i acknowledged, he is running late on the update, but it's only a week. It shouldn't be hard to overlook 1 week. It's not like development time is getting longer without nothing to show for it. CH 12 is going to be twice as big as CH 11 and only 1 extra month of development time. If CH 13 is twice as big again and only 10 months to develop, it's statiscally a win. Every chapters increased development time to content ratio has been a win. Sure, i get it's not a win for you personally because you don't like the jokes and think it's a waste of time, i get that. Content is content though, he isn't just sitting around doing nothing though.

And if someone thinks that one or even two weeks of a delay is much.... There is a game out there which is 12 years in the making and has over half a billion crowd funding and still has child issues. Standard Quests not working, Servers randomly crashing, Collision Control not even close to working fine..... and many problems more.

What i wanted to say is, he may be a bit slow but he still delivers even if it takes a little bit of time. But i had no release, which wasn´t working.

Guts97

Oct 2, 2021

In my case I think it will last until the next update, because I plan to masturbate with each render. I know I'm a genius.
By the way, I support you 100% my bro

RX-9/C

Jun 22, 2017
And if someone thinks that one or even two weeks of a delay is much.... There is a game out there which is 12 years in the making and has over half a billion crowd funding and still has child issues. Standard Quests not working, Servers randomly crashing, Collision Control not even close to working fine..... and many problems more.

What i wanted to say is, he may be a bit slow but he still delivers even if it takes a little bit of time. But i had no release, which wasn´t working.
so Star Citizen?

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes