a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Does Ren'py store files somewhere besides the game directory? Tried to delete it and reinstall after copying the v.7 image files to v.8 and yet it still has my save games and everything after deleting the whole directory. Reason I wanted to try it is I get a script error whenever I tap on the robot or during the kitchen conversation and the beginning of the game. The gallery works fine though.
This is the test version of the game and will give errors like that so just wait till tomorrow when the full version comes out and you will be good to go.

Most pic's are missing just some of v7 and all of v8 is in this TEST VERSION.

Reactions: Rock&Rule

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
As far i know this is only for V8 content right? Because i played all old versions and im up to date i always play this test versions. Is there any difference between test and final version except removed old content? If im not wrong i know there is only one difference and its removed old content and nothing else?
well that explains why no images show I guess! lmao

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I copied version .8 over version .7 and it has been working fine. And no more missing images. I am only playing chapter 8 though I didn't start from a new game.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Does Ren'py store files somewhere besides the game directory? Tried to delete it and reinstall after copying the v.7 image files to v.8 and yet it still has my save games and everything after deleting the whole directory. Reason I wanted to try it is I get a script error whenever I tap on the robot or during the kitchen conversation and the beginning of the game. The gallery works fine though.
yes, you also have a save and persistant file here

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\PowerVacuum-(some numbers)

Reactions: mickster101

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Your the same guy who thinks a photo from the past is ntr and ruined a character.
Yeah, so what if I am ?
I completly forgot about you.

* sigh * , people...
They all facepalm my posts, or try to make fun of me to grab some like, but none of them is taking one minute to tell me what I missed.
I guess that kind of people is forgettable, right ?

Meh...

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
Does anyone else find it insane that Lindsay Lohan charges 94% the price of a PS5 for a 17 second video of her saying a happy birthday message on Cameo?

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else find it insane that Lindsay Lohan charges 94% the price of a PS5 for a 17 second video of her saying a happy birthday message on Cameo?
Well, she's a whore so...

No, I don't find it unreasonable that someone in her field of work would ask for that kind of money.

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
Well, she's a whore so...

No, I don't find it unreasonable that someone in her field of work would ask for that kind of money.
Well, I get that. Isn't she a B-lister at best though? How the hell does anyone think that's a reasonable price to pay? She hasn't even been in anything major in a decade and a half.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Her price is kinda high, i agree. It doesn't take away the effect that moment had though. Gotta keep the reality out of the fantasy.

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Well, I get that. Isn't she a B-lister at best though? How the hell does anyone think that's a reasonable price to pay? She hasn't even been in anything major in a decade and a half.
You can charge what people will pay. I'm sure some of you have seen that made over a million dollars on cameo charging $195 a video. His entire career was being a secondary character on a sitcom that ended eight years ago(ten if you're a man of taste).

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
man, i remember when flip phones started, there was a place you can pay for pre-recorded voice lines from actors. i had one from keanu reeves that simply said. "i, am Keanu reeves and you, have a text message". there were many celebs, but i think i payed 5 bucks for it lol.

Reactions: maynardkeynes65

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
You can charge what people will pay. I'm sure some of you have seen that made over a million dollars on cameo charging $195 a video. His entire career was being a secondary character on a sitcom that ended eight years ago(ten if you're a man of taste).
That's a fair point, but I just feel that this celebrity worship culture has gotten out of hand. At least Kevin from The Office doesn't sound like he's whispering in his messages. In my opinion she sounds like she's worried about waking up her parents in the next room. Additionally, I also feel like the fact that she was wandering around aimlessly in an incredibly bright area instead of sitting still makes it seem like she didn't even review how the footage looks like she's walking on the surface of the Sun.

Hirahito

Aug 17, 2016
Quick notes on how to get the test version working a bit better:

1) Images. Go into game/images and copy the contents of V5, V6, V7 and V8 into the images directory. If it asks for an overwrite, say 'No.'

2) If you're like me, half of the options in the game don't work. I'm not sure if it's complete or not, but take the script.rpy file I've uploaded and copy it into your game directory. You'll need to restart the game from scratch, but (most) of the game should be working at that point.

3)I tried making some changes to the game to give it a few more options. If you like, try copying bchore.rpy into your game directory. I'm not 100% sure it's all solid, but it was just a test to see if I could reduce some of the grind a bit. Feedback would be appreciated.

Reactions: ZiMMa

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
PS: Since the test version got many missing image, I did merge the image from v0.7 and do this compressed version.
Since I unable to fully test the game, so you might still find some missing image in the game.
Techstar
I thikn better just wait not-test version when, ne? o_0

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
That's a fair point, but I just feel that this celebrity worship culture has gotten out of hand. At least Kevin from The Office doesn't sound like he's whispering in his messages. In my opinion she sounds like she's worried about waking up her parents in the next room. Additionally, I also feel like the fact that she was wandering around aimlessly in an incredibly bright area instead of sitting still makes it seem like she didn't even review how the footage looks like she's walking on the surface of the Sun.
Has it really gotten out of hand though? Or has this kind of phenomenon been permeating our society since time immemorial?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes