TheGreySun

Feb 17, 2021
Ophelia's inactions doesn't mean she helped him. That other guy clearly said she supported him. much different from maybe she didn't do enough to stop him.
Just as an extra aside, her inactions could have felt like a form of support to sterling, speaking from 1st hand exp for a moment, but when your being abused by an authority figure and another see's it and instead of stopping it decides to only do the bare minimum to feel like they "tried", to the abused that very much feels like your supporting them, by not doing anything because you don't want to mess with the status que or cause any fallout in their own life you inadvertantly make the abused see you as excepting or yes even supporting the abuser and the abuse they put on you. that's not what he said but it is the reality of how he might have ment it, at least thats what i think, i could be wrong

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Where'd you see that Ophelia was supportive of how Sterling was treated?
Reread those night talks they have at start and yes in the end not acting and staying with the dad , not stopping him and keeping the status quo since she loved him is supporting the dad in that whatever her reasons, especially from the pov of the abused she chose the dad over him emotionally speaking and that not once or twice, but years and years continually.

Sad thing about those things, there is often no real blame to attach often and everyone had their reasons if look at it more logically from the outside, but lives are fucked up for rest of their lives if you are the victim and believe me or not, all those times you say you love them while letting the abuse continue, you do give mixed signals at best to them, since you are not important enough to even keep them even safe at least, whatever you say or how often you hug them. :) Especially when you talk about kids who are still in and going through all their normal development stages and do not have the defenses developed needed yet, that fucks them up for life even with lots of therapy later if they are lucky.

On the other hand, your answer shows why we see so little of that background impacting Sterling in game, in a way it is a good thing you are not aware it should. :)

Last edited:

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Havent been around. Is this 1-9 or only 9 ch.?
It's been out a while now, so it's 1-9. It's only the last chapter because idiots who get the highest tier reward (being the only the last chapter) leak it and then someone posts that on the first page, deleting the actual game link and then other idiots get confused the rest of the game doesn't load. It's happened several times, and it's a sad thing that the game is basically off line for at least a week.

But yeah, it's all the chapters, so you're good.

WardenPlaysz

Nov 4, 2020
It's been out a while now, so it's 1-9. It's only the last chapter because idiots who get the highest tier reward (being the only the last chapter) leak it and then someone posts that on the first page, deleting the actual game link and then other idiots get confused the rest of the game doesn't load. It's happened several times, and it's a sad thing that the game is basically off line for at least a week.

But yeah, it's all the chapters, so you're good.
As a patron that gets the test builds, it also sucks to not see feedback here when a test build is released because all thats seen is "why i called idiot? pls help" and then they don't read the replies given to people that had the same questions.

Gripping

Jan 8, 2020
Reread those night talks they have at start and yes in the end not acting and staying with the dad , not stopping him and keeping the status quo since she loved him is supporting the dad in that whatever her reasons, especially from the pov of the abused she chose the dad over him emotionally speaking and that not once or twice, but years and years continually.

Sad thing about those things, there is often no real blame to attach often and everyone had their reasons if look at it more logically from the outside, but lives are fucked up for rest of their lives if you are the victim and believe me or not, all those times you say you love them while letting the abuse continue, you do give mixed signals at best to them, since you are not important enough to even keep them even safe at least, whatever you say or how often you hug them. :) Especially when you talk about kids who are still in and going through all their normal development stages and do not have the defenses developed needed yet, that fucks them up for life even with lots of therapy later if they are lucky.
This whole thing is a fucking mess and I genuinely don't care because this is still a comedy game to me but since we're here silence is a form of support idc what way you look at it, it is and that's (again as far as we know as viewers) especially true in this story. From my personal experience and others that have done similar things such as separation and or going radio silence for years from the ones YOU love the most isn't usually because you can't solely deal with one person. It's usually because of the one person and also not feeling the support and love of the ones YOU love and care about the most that really hurts. Once again this is why Sterling barely showing any anger, resentment, or even getting mad is very weird. Sudden said something about Self Absorbed Teens earlier. With Sterling's backstory and age his mind is the most mature in the whole story because Brenna behavior early on would make much more sense if it was Sterling that acted that way. The way Sterling was treated usually turns into hate not the behavior he shows in the slightest.

What Why I hope you're prepared because this is going to be you're discussion section the further you delve into the plot :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: TheGreySun and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
This whole thing is a fucking mess and I genuinely don't care because this is still a comedy game to me but since we're here silence is a form of support idc what way you look at it, it is and that's (again as far as we know as viewers) especially true in this story. From my personal experience and others that have done similar things such as separation and or going radio silence for years from the ones YOU love the most isn't usually because you can't solely deal with one person. It's usually because of the one person and also not feeling the support and love of the ones YOU love and care about the most that really hurts. Once again this is why Sterling barely showing any anger, resentment, or even getting mad is very weird. Sudden said something about Self Absorbed Teens earlier. With Sterling's backstory and age his mind is the most mature in the whole story because Brenna behavior early on would make much more sense if it was Sterling that acted that way. The way Sterling was treated usually turns into hate not the behavior he shows in the slightest.

What Why I hope you're prepared because this is going to be you're discussion section the further you delve into the plot :ROFLMAO:
Do not agree with last. In a way he answered why it was not a bigger aspect of game and simple reason is dev did not see it as such. You can agree or disagree with that, but that is the devs prerogative.

Which is not weird if not a victim yourself or have dealt with a lot of victims professionally, like I said in a way that is a good thing since means he had a better more healthy childhood. On the other side more awareness of people might protect children better especially from their parents and lead to less victims, but this is a game in the end and not an or my personal awareness project and even more it is devs game so his vision prevails even if it may not feel right to us knowing what it is like to live through it and having met quite a few others who did and know Sterling's reaction is def not natural or healthy with such a background. :)

Likely wiser to take issue to DM now if want to continue, the question has been asked and answered.

Last edited:

Gripping

Jan 8, 2020
Likely wiser to take issue to DM now if want to continue, the question has been asked and answered.
Oh I won't be participating :LOL: I'm saying this for the inevitable new faces that ask questions without searching. My popcorn is ready:whistle:

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
The matter is pretty much settled in-game. Sterling already found the Journal David left behind and has no anger for him anymore. He now knows it's all Hunters fault. There doesn't need to be any more closure on why he left.

Reactions: Xavier DAnger

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
I would think way more important would be that the idea that Ophelia was silent is conjecture not supported by anything in the game.

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Hey, guys, is Superman actually Hong Kong Phooey? I've noticed some similarities. They're both mild mannered characters who change into their alter egos inside of something. I mean, Superman never explicitly says he's not a dog who knows martial arts...so it's a perfectly valid argument until he says so!

Or...do I have to show some kind of "evidence" for that assertion? Nah, it's the creator's problem now!

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
If the dev could simple quote his own game with one sentence we might have that describes that the mom had her sons back and all this goes away.
If only that were the case. But the whole discussion point is that Ophelia supported the dad. Those are two very different things. And it’s one the dev can’t fix with a simple quote because it isn’t in the game.

WardenPlaysz

Nov 4, 2020
Ngl, this many chapters in, with Development time inc. I don't remember a fucking thing from the first 3-5 chapters that are not Erotic events/sex scenes, whatever you want to call what was mostly foreplay for the later chapters.
Edit: Saw a pic of Ch1 sterling not too long ago and it freaked me out because I forgot he wasn't hench the whole time.

Reactions: ARB582 and Gripping

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
The assertions being debated might be psychological projection of lived experiences onto the game's characters. Unfortunately the argument comes across as selfish, i.e. ignoring the needs of the sisters, and the mother who was still very young when she had children, and all the other bits of context that make this story different from the critic's own life. I've reviewed a lot of the dialog between Ophelia and Sterling trying to understand this negative perspective, but I'm still not seeing it.

“Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.” -Oscar Wilde

Hitchen's Razor: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." It implies that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim; if this burden is not met, then the claim is unfounded, and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it. -Wikipedia

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
Still compiling teasers.
As always, support the creator. I did and I think he deserves the money.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Chapter 9 Teasers

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 369 Votes