ScareKing

May 27, 2017
I have supported people on subscribestar and have supported this dev in the past, so if he makes the move, I'll gladly chip in for a few months based on my income.

Also, which darker ideas? I'd be curious to know.

There's actually another dev that has a very dark game that uses subscribestar and patreon.
The subscribestar has the actual game.
The patreon doesn't have any reference to the game, and just says that any donations go straight to the dev because you like them so much.
Maybe WWG can do something like that and have the best of both worlds.

Of course no option will be perfect.
The darker ideas got my atention too, and being honest, theres a couple of stuf WWG can/could do to prevent that, if hes going to take one of thoes solutions and keep going or just wait a few months and pray, its up to him.

Reactions: Deathbringer_jo

BK186

May 18, 2017
Hey guys, there is a Status Update on Patreon and i want to share here so you guys can understand the delay. It can't be any clearer that the delay is all patreons fault.

TLDR; Patreon is forcing WWG to go over the game and remove all Incest content that may have slipped through, all content that somehow "implies" incest and any blackmail or non-con. He then has to submit a build to their liking and they have to green light it. This is going to cause a delay and he hopes for a very early June release.

Back in January, the Patreon Trust & Safety team contacted me with the news that my project was against Patreon's guidelines for acceptable content. When asked what content was against their TOS, they listed the What If series. Since I couldn't alter those What Ifs without butchering them, I told Patreon that I'd remove the offending content. The Trust & Safety team then asked what content I'd be providing. I told them about the main game, Power Vacuum. I provided them a link and they didn't get back to me for four months.
Which brings us to last week when they finally got back to me(yes, four months later) to tell me that much of Power Vacuum is against their TOS. If you're familiar with Patreon's guidelines, you'd know that incest isn't allowed. But according to Patreon's Trust & Safety team, even implications of incest aren't allowed. Dialogue such as "You're like a sister to me." or "We're like a family." are now against the TOS. Of course, blackmail and non-consent content were also brought up.
So now, I have to comb through all of Power Vacuum's dialogue for anything that breaks Patreon's wide reaching TOS. I will also have to disable all NTR content in the Patreon version of the game. I'll still be making the same amount of NTR content but NTR will be set to "off" by default in Power Vacuum.
Having to rebuild the game will regrettably lead to a delay for Chapter 10. My initial schedule had me releasing at the end of May, but with how things are going with Patreon, I'm hesitant to give a date. With how open ended their TOS has become, I fear there may be a chance they could reject my first rebuild. Ideally, I can get the rebuild approved and the update out before June 7th. I'm sorry, I know it's been a long wait for Chapter 10 but hopefully it won't be much longer.
For everyone that upgraded their pledge in anticipation of a May release, you can lower/cancel your pledge in June and still get the perks you had in May. When the beta or official release is out, just message me on Patreon and I will send you the appropriate links.
If you have questions, I'd appreciate it if you could take them to the Power Vacuum Discord.
Turning NTR off at the start of the game is not a problem. Because I also like to play NTR content.

At least I like the NTR scenes you make.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Huh I remember warning Dev in discord about Patreon BS in the past and he did nothing. Guess it finally caught up?
Time for the patches and/or the slow switch to Subscribe star.

Also personally I recommend, replacing all hardcoded mentions of family things (e.g. mom, sister, family, etc.) to variables allowing people to just name it. (Or leave those variables just handily available for someone to patch it). It really doesn't matter if it seems janky as fuck if they name something wrong. Patreon does not give a shit about the quality of the game only that their guidelines are obeyed. Most of your audience will already know what to name things. As for the context, ain't nothing you can do about that unless you want to scrap the entire game, ha.
Also it should only be a weekish amount of work. I spent a entire week back when I coded replacing hardcoded stuff working in .php and js files of 50k+ lines, so it's doable.

Hope the game gets back up.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Also personally I recommend, replacing all hardcoded mentions of family things (e.g. mom, sister, family, etc.) to variables allowing people to just name it.
There's nothing family related hardcoded. Except for "like a sister" which, according to Patreon, is also a no-no. And somehow, "I love you like an accountant" doesn't sound the same.
But the main issue is of course the way Hunter gets his prey, which consists of non-con stuff like drug use. That'll be the hardest to clear.

Reactions: x0run

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
There's nothing family related hardcoded. Except for "like a sister" which, according to Patreon, is also a no-no. And somehow, "I love you like an accountant" doesn't sound the same.
But the main issue is of course the way Hunter gets his prey, which consists of non-con stuff like drug use. That'll be the hardest to clear.
Good point, time to shove all that into a "unofficial" patch.

QuantumVNs

Jan 25, 2019
At this point I wonder if anyone has considered having the Patreon release just be the exe and image/videos and the entire script shoved into a "patch".

ScareKing

May 27, 2017
At this point I wonder if anyone has considered having the Patreon release just be the exe and image/videos and the entire script shoved into a "patch".
Like i say before, theres so many ways to keep things like dev want, he could keep a "empty game" on patreon and send the real one using a email or something like that, i believe hes going to say something about that in the next teaser but who knows.

Reactions: H2R

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Pretty easy for posters here to suggest the dev just switch to subscribestar...give up the larger patreon audience...and not support him there financially either.

• Angry
Reactions: Minx077 and sava75

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Pretty easy for posters here to suggest the dev just switch to subscribestar...give up the larger patreon audience...and not support him there financially either.
What good is the larger Patreon audience if you're not allowed to upload the content you want, or get banned for trying to do so? Not a troll or flame. This is an actual question.

Omegablade21

Jun 16, 2020
It's not so much Patreon that's the issue as much as it's Patreon's reliance on PayPal that started the whole issue. and why the hell is there ANY audience on Patreon when about the only content even ALLOWED on Patreon is VANILLA. Loli nope, incest nope, drug nope, rape nope, mind control nope, it's LITERALLY at a point when PRETEND characters need to sign CONSENT forms before engaging in ANY sexual activities.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
So the 2GB download on the main page is just Chapter 9? What about the other chapters?
And why is chapter 7 missing?

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
So the 2GB download on the main page is just Chapter 9? What about the other chapters?
And why is chapter 7 missing?
It's not just chapter 9. All the chapters are together. Each update is listed as a chapter rather than the 0.1 thing that most devs do but it's all together.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
It's not just chapter 9. All the chapters are together. Each update is listed as a chapter rather than the 0.1 thing that most devs do but it's all together.
I'm surprised because the last time I came to check this thread was at 0.6, and the update size was surely around 4-5 GB. I will check it out, though.

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
Just hoping to see mc banging the milf on chapter 10. I usually play with disabling the ntr contain. So no worries about what ntr dev throw's cause I won't be seeing them lol.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes