OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Only problem with that is that Patreon are a bunch of cocksuckers and actually care what content creators put out OUTSIDE of patreon, so they'll most likely still shut down their patreon page anyway.
Don't think that's exactly true from my understanding the issue comes into play when people end up putting a link on the Patreon site leading to another site which contains material that goes against Patreon policy.

iphantom!

Jun 11, 2020
Don't think that's exactly true from my understanding the issue comes into play when people end up putting a link on the Patreon site leading to another site which contains material that goes against Patreon policy.
This is my understanding as well, though Stupidkiller has a fair point too. It can't be released in Discord for the reason Stupidkiller suggests because there is a direct link in WWG's Patreon to WWG's Discord.

But as OmegaZero21 suggests, as long as there is no direct link/hyperlink from the Patreon to the Subscribestar, then this technically does not fall under the ToS? I put a question mark there because I have not actually read Patreon's ToS, I am speculating. But even if it's not implicitly against Patreon's ToS to do what I'm suggesting here, it could still be in a gray area, which might cause problems later on down the line. Which is why I suggested this as a temporary solution at best.

If Patreon shuts WWG down anyway, despite changes, then it's either another platform (like Subscribestar), or WWG has to potentially make his own website people can sub to/where he can sell his products, or find another site that can host/sell the game (like the affect3dstore.com).

The simplest solution that I'm sure WWG is hoping for is that Patreon approves his changes and allows him to continue with business as usual.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
This is my understanding as well, though Stupidkiller has a fair point too. It can't be released in Discord for the reason Stupidkiller suggests because there is a direct link in WWG's Patreon to WWG's Discord.

But as OmegaZero21 suggests, as long as there is no direct link/hyperlink from the Patreon to the Subscribestar, then this technically does not fall under the ToS? I put a question mark there because I have not actually read Patreon's ToS, I am speculating. But even if it's not implicitly against Patreon's ToS to do what I'm suggesting here, it could still be in a gray area, which might cause problems later on down the line. Which is why I suggested this as a temporary solution at best.

If Patreon shuts WWG down anyway, despite changes, then it's either another platform (like Subscribestar), or WWG has to potentially make his own website people can sub to/where he can sell his products, or find another site that can host/sell the game (like the affect3dstore.com).

The simplest solution that I'm sure WWG is hoping for is that Patreon approves his changes and allows him to continue with business as usual.
If I understand correctly, IF Patreon can identify the game as the "same" game by the same Dev on a different platform, they can still lay a TOS claim on it.
My knowledge is second hand BTW (maybe third hand) as I've heard of other games getting banned because of stuff like this, that's why all these incest patches are "unofficial fan mods".

iphantom!

Jun 11, 2020
If I understand correctly, IF Patreon can identify the game as the "same" game by the same Dev on a different platform, they can still lay a TOS claim on it.
My knowledge is second hand BTW (maybe third hand) as I've heard of other games getting banned because of stuff like this, that's why all these incest patches are "unofficial fan mods".
Yeah it's really brutal. I'm not trying to root against WWG's wishes but historically it seems like once an account gets flagged it is more or less a death sentence. *insert facepalm emoji* Perhaps WWG can satisfy their wishes and revise the existing game effectively enough that they stop bothering him, but the evidence tells us that's unlikely.

WWG has also mentioned plans for a new game, so it's possible that if he wants to stay on Patreon bad enough he might have to scrap PV completely and just start working on his new game so long as it is within the Patreon rules.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
That can't possibly be accurate can it? I mean "Long Live the Princess" has a subscribeStar version with incest and a Patreon without it.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
That can't possibly be accurate can it? I mean "Long Live the Princess" has a subscribeStar version with incest and a Patreon without it.
Depends whether someone reports it.

(But like I said, my knowledge IS NOT first hand so take it with a pinch of salt)

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Yeah it's really brutal. I'm not trying to root against WWG's wishes but historically it seems like once an account gets flagged it is more or less a death sentence. *insert facepalm emoji* Perhaps WWG can satisfy their wishes and revise the existing game effectively enough that they stop bothering him, but the evidence tells us that's unlikely.

WWG has also mentioned plans for a new game, so it's possible that if he wants to stay on Patreon bad enough he might have to scrap PV completely and just start working on his new game so long as it is within the Patreon rules.
No offense but completely scrapping PV would be the DUMBEST idea ever. it would make more sense to take it completely off Patreon and SLOWLY work on it on a different service while working on the new game. The LAST thing you want to do is completely abandon a game as that leaves a lasting stigma.

Reactions: criestoomuch

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Depends whether someone reports it.

(But like I said, my knowledge IS NOT first hand so take it with a pinch of salt)
LLTP had the incest version on patreon too. The original version of the game was incest and the uncensored version only exists because somebody reported it.

iphantom!

Jun 11, 2020
No offense but completely scrapping PV would be the DUMBEST idea ever. it would make more sense to take it completely off Patreon and SLOWLY work on it on a different service while working on the new game. The LAST thing you want to do is completely abandon a game as that leaves a lasting stigma.
No offense taken~ I agree with you.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
LLTP had the incest version on patreon too. The original version of the game was incest and the uncensored version only exists because somebody reported it.
yeah I get that, and do you know if the other version has ever been reported too? Because the second hand info I heard, one that a Dev had moved his Rape/incest version of the game to another site after being reported, just like LLTP, except in his case someone reported him again for the Non-Patreon version and Patreon banned his account for the "end run".

I'm going to stop talking now because I genuinely don't know if it is true or something the rumormill pumped out.
I'd love if someone could confirm or refute this?

ShirouryuuAkihito

Apr 18, 2018
The whole point of the game is to avoid NTR. If you hit it, it's a game over and takes you back to the choice screen so you can make the right choice and progress the story.
Yes, but imagine its going well and all of a sudden comes an NTR scene.........I might get temporary ED. JK
But hell i am enjoying the hunter scenes, they are hilarious.
And I like playing games having "Important choice matter" , with only death or gameover as punishment.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Yes, but imagine its going well and all of a sudden comes an NTR scene.........I might get temporary ED. JK
But hell i am enjoying the hunter scenes, they are hilarious.
And I like playing games having "Important choice matter" , with only death or gameover as punishment.
well there is at least one where you die :p

Reactions: ShirouryuuAkihito

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
and one where you kill Hunter. Though both come at the end of the scene so you'd have to watch or skip through the sex scene to see it.

Reactions: ShirouryuuAkihito
4.20 star(s) 369 Votes