dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Pardon me if I'm wrong but wasn’t ch10 released back in 17th of June? That'd make it 8 months.
Yeah, i'm remembering a patreon thing that made him re-release a chapter. I guess that was chapter 10. Any proof of the old release is erased to keep patreon happy, so you're probably right. Though i want to say CH 9 took 7 months, but that post is gone too. So 1 month increase for every release being 50% larger then the last is still good in comparison.

I know it won't make the impatient happy, but if CH 12 comes out to 9 months wait time but 50% bigger then CH 11, the trade off is statistically good. Though people won't like waiting.

Last edited:

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
How long after the beta do we get the full release?
No official day. Just "releases when it's ready". That could mean once the Beta testers stop finding errors, he builds the gallery and anything else he does. It's an asap thing for the first official. The second official tier gets it 3 days after the first official tier.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
WWG first promised it’d be out IN January, and then he said middle of feb, which was 10 days ago. Now he’s promised by this weekend, which either means Saturday Sunday, or anytime before.
"Promise" is a strong word. WWG is smart enough not to make such promises.

Find me the post where he said only January. I'll find you the post where he said it could be January to February.
To be fair, in that screenshot from 1/1, WWG alludes to having "predicted months ago" a January release. Of course, emphasis on "predicted", which again is very different from "promised".

1677299384895.png

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
"Looking like" is a weak promise, but yeah. That prediction was made in October. Way before he could have honed in on how close a release would actually be.

Reactions: Fayn Arawn

milfkiller

Engaged Member
May 2, 2017
No official day. Just "releases when it's ready". That could mean once the Beta testers stop finding errors, he builds the gallery and anything else he does. It's an asap thing for the first official. The second official tier gets it 3 days after the first official tier.
pls dont give us hope then broke it

jond2760

Oct 23, 2018
I, too, am eager for this release, then another release then a quick break, and then another. I share your pain and excitement. I feel you, homie. I feel you.

• Haha
Reactions: Fayn Arawn

milfkiller

Engaged Member
May 2, 2017
But, we're in the homestretch. I plan to have Chapter Eleven out by next weekend say by dev...
for me that is a promise...pls dont broke it

milfkiller

Engaged Member
May 2, 2017
Yeah, i'm remembering a patreon thing that made him re-release a chapter. I guess that was chapter 10. Any proof of the old release is erased to keep patreon happy, so you're probably right. Though i want to say CH 10 took 7 months, but that post is gone too. So 1 month increase for every release being 50% larger then the last is still good in comparison.

I know it won't make the impatient happy, but if CH 12 comes out to 9 months wait time but 50% bigger then CH 11, the trade off is statistically good. Though people won't like waiting.
6 month is enough...why not wait for 2 years?

Alexbt

Jul 3, 2021
I dont think its the waiting that people dont like, but the missing deadlines. He is a great dev, i wish he was a bit more pessimistic with the dates so that he delivers early or on time.
Agreed, as I said earlier, an uncertain date is the biggest test of patience and the biggest blow to enthusiasm is blowing us off, as CDPR did with the release of Cyberpunk 2077, in which case people are more likely to accept a later date that can be achieved.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Jeez, i never understand people who complain about waiting for updates it's as if they have nothing else to play or do, many of them aren't even subscribed to patreons so they don't lose anything waiting, plus each update of this game is better and bigger so it's worth the wait

and as for the missed deadlines, we have to understand that we are all human including the devs, they can be wrong and they will probably have their own problems irl, so I don't judge

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes