uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018
"Looking like" is a weak promise, but yeah. That prediction was made in October. Way before he could have honed in on how close a release would actually be.
I get he’s your favorite and you’ll always defend him, but he is the one saying a timeframe and missing it. It’s normal for that to frustrate people. He’s said so many times he hates giving dates for that very reason, and still turns around and gives date ranges. Dude just needs to stop saying any timeframe, use a percentage update or something and leave everything ambiguous. IE: Caribidis, Icstor, etc. If you give people hope and miss that, it’s going to let them down. I don’t personally care, I have a backlog of way too many games, but I get the frustration.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I get he’s your favorite and you’ll always defend him, but he is the one saying a timeframe and missing it. It’s normal for that to frustrate people. He’s said so many times he hates giving dates for that very reason, and still turns around and gives date ranges. Dude just needs to stop saying any timeframe, use a percentage update or something and leave everything ambiguous. IE: Caribidis, Icstor, etc. If you give people hope and miss that, it’s going to let them down. I don’t personally care, I have a backlog of way too many games, but I get the frustration.
There's a difference between giving an estimated date and a definite date. I don't see any promise being broken. For those that feel frustrated, I recommend: ANY OTHER GAME! It's better than sitting in front of the screen hitting refresh every ten seconds hoping that the released dropped.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
He’s said so many times he hates giving dates for that very reason, and still turns around and gives date ranges.
I'm sorry, but what the actual fuck? What exactly do you expect? Do you want the dev to stop communicating anything about the game?

"So, when does the next update come out?"
"Oh, we don't know. The Dev doesn't give any dates, just in case he doesn't make it."
"Yeah, but he should have a rough idea about when it might be ready?"
"Oh, probably, but he won't say."
"Well, how far along is he? We might have an estimate."
"He doesn't give any progress, just so we don't get our hopes up."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Yeah, he just drops it out of the blue without any word and then, well, we wait for the next update..."
"So... what happens if he abbandons it?"
"We'd never know..."

There's a reason Icstor doesn't give dates. It's because he doesn't want people to know he's slacking off. It's well known by his fans he gets bored of the games he makes. He starts out all fresh and gun-ho, but he quickly burns out and then can't be bothered with it. If someone gives a timeframe, you know he's working towards it, but if a dev gives nothing, you don't know if he's actually doing work or if he's just watching Netflix instead.

GolCK

Sep 8, 2019
I'm sorry, but what the actual fuck? What exactly do you expect? Do you want the dev to stop communicating anything about the game?

"Oh, we don't know. The Dev doesn't give any dates, just in case he doesn't make it."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Yeah, he just drops it out of the blue without any word and then, well, we wait for the next update..."
"We'd never know..."

There's a reason Icstor doesn't give dates. It's because he doesn't want people to know he's slacking off. It's well known by his fans he gets bored of the games he makes. He starts out all fresh and gun-ho, but he quickly burns out and then can't be bothered with it. If someone gives a timeframe, you know he's working towards it, but if a dev gives nothing, you don't know if he's actually doing work or if he's just watching Netflix instead.
dont take Icstor as example :p

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

"I'm sorry, what?"
"We'd never know..."

This. May as well stop giving us teasers too or we might put together how close he is to release.

• Angry
Reactions: Black Mamba24

john984

Jun 6, 2020
There's a difference between giving an estimated date and a definite date. I don't see any promise being broken. For those that feel frustrated, I recommend: ANY OTHER GAME! It's better than sitting in front of the screen hitting refresh every ten seconds hoping that the released dropped.
Exactly, he said the weekend that means it can be released at 23:59 on Sunday and still be the weekend
Let's be patient

gija

Dec 23, 2017
On a completely different note... I know that's a bit premature to ask but has WWG mentioned what their plans are after PV has been completed (based on their words, the end of the game is not that far)? I'm not implying anything, just being curious.

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018

"I'm sorry, what?"
"We'd never know..."

What a fucking reach. You guys are the worst at having a conversation without going off the deep end, and making every conversation convoluted. Where did I say not to give any updates? I specifically said percentage, because that gives you a very good idea how far along they are. You can give plenty of updates, real ease teasers, tell how it’s going, etc. without saying a day or a month. If you say a day or week or month, and miss it multiple times; you will be criticized and some people will get frustrated.

Giving a timeframe doesn’t prove anything either as far as “slacking off”, WWG could very well not work a day and watch Netflix like you said and none of us would have the slightest clue.And that’s perfectly fine, if he wants to do that. If he did every single update the exact same way he does without mentioning a month, week, or day; then no one would be able complain about missing anything. That’s the point.

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018
This. May as well stop giving us teasers too or we might put together how close he is to release.
This is such a reach. I hate commenting on here cause you guys always reach for shit like this. He could do everything the exact same without saying a day, week, or month; then these frustrated people criticizing him would have zero argument and you wouldn’t be here arguing with everyone searching for posts from October.

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018
Exactly, he said the weekend that means it can be released at 23:59 on Sunday and still be the weekend
Let's be patient
Before that he said mid February, and before that January. That’s what the dude earlier was complaining about I think, not the weekend plan. Looked like he is now frustrated and expecting this estimate to be missing as well. The guy should post everything the exact same with no dates and this goes away.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
What a fucking reach. You guys are the worst at having a conversation without going off the deep end, and making every conversation convoluted. Where did I say not to give any updates? I specifically said percentage, because that gives you a very good idea how far along they are.
I don't mind using percentages but that can have its own problems, e.g. "he did 15% each month for several months, but this month he only did 5%, what the hell?!"

There's no perfect way to estimate completion. That's why it's called an estimate. Let's all relax. :cool:

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018
dont take Icstor as example :p
I meant Incenton, I always get their names backwards. They give biweekly or monthly progress updates similar to WWG, but they also have a progress bar always posted. That shows the percentage of completion on each games update as well as bullet points showing what they are working on. Renders 55% writing 15% etc.

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018
I don't mind using percentages but that can have its own problems, e.g. "he did 15% each month for several months, but this month he only did 5%, what the hell?!"

There's no perfect way to estimate completion. That's why it's called an estimate. Let's all relax. :cool:
Correct, but at that point it is just fan interpretation and speculation which will exist no matter what. Doing something like Caribdis or Inceton (didn’t mean Icstor), gives fans a gauge of progress, let’s them get updates, and a rough idea of how things are going; without getting them excited and attached to a certain timeframe.
If you give people a timeframe even as an estimate and miss, they’ll get frustrated. It’s the same with movies, tv, triple A games, even day to day 9-5 business. That’s all I’m saying and it annoys the crap out of me when these guys always take what you say and jump into left field with a random argument.

h4rcules

Aug 2, 2021
I guess, this is one of the most alive forum ever. Whether we r saying how good this game is or else we are fighting about the game release date. Memes can seen every once in a while, the dev comes here to reply and occasionally fight some mug... Every other day I visit this forum and its great!

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes