What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
I apologize for the NTR bait. I felt like I had to include some kind of NTR tag since if you misclick, you'll eventually see Hunter doing awful things to your love interests. I shouldn't have used the plain NTR tag but it seems I can only add tags at this point. I'll ask a mod about it but I'm not even sure what to replace it with. It's hard to convey in tag form what people should expect. I thought "avoidable NTR" would work, but people seem to think it's avoidable in the sense that you're ignoring it rather than you're stopping it. "NTR optional" maybe? I thought that stating that the NTR in this game is only part of the nonconanical bad endings would clarify. Sort of "fun" "what if" scenarios. So, yes, calling this an NTR game would be like calling Super Mario Bros a plumber death simulator. Mario dying is part of the game, but it's not at all the focus.

Cobrapl does bring up some good points. I probably should introduce an NTR switch. That way, I can take out the NTR warnings and make the NTR scenes more of a challenge while vanilla players can breeze through Hunter events without worry. Another change I could make is looping the bad endings to the beginning of the event. So instead of a game over boot to the main menu, it would be a do over boot to the beginning of the event.

For those wishing for an NTR route, I honestly don't know how to write the characters postcoitus. If you watched someone as repulsive as Hunter unceremoniously rail a love interest of yours, isn't that game over? You wouldn't say "Darn, I'll get 'em next time!" and hope to be kissing her an hour later. The MC would have to become a different person to continue, as would the three women of the house.

To the non-NTR people complaining about how ugly Hunter is; he is the villain. His main purpose is to repulse you and be thwarted in comedic ways. I know his presence may make some uncomfortable and that's why he is quarantined in the events where you defeat him.

And regarding his appearance to the NTR crowd, that's just more to my taste. I prefer nightmarish NTR. Some people prefer more down to Earth NTR where a smooth well dressed man comes in and outplays you. My feelings are that if I can rationalize it and see why my love interest did what she did, it takes away a lot of the gut punch. No one is that upset when Superman steals your girlfriend. But if the Toxic Avenger does it, that will haunt anyone.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
A lot of people avoid games with the NTR tag because they find NTR particularly distateful.
People who like NTR want more than just a few single scene game overs that are very much an afterthought.

Either put some proper NTR in or remove the NTR tag, currently its only going to put off people from both sides of the fence.

Personally I'm not sure I could really see much appeal to any potential NTR content in the game with Helman Ghorst as the rival but each to his/her own

*edit*If this comment seems moot with the one above that was posted while I was typing

HoboCop86

your friendly neighborhood hobo
Donor
Respected User
Apr 24, 2018
I felt like I had to include some kind of NTR tag since if you misclick, you'll eventually see Hunter doing awful things to your love interests. I shouldn't have used the plain NTR tag but it seems I can only add tags at this point. I'll ask a mod about it but I'm not even sure what to replace it with. It's hard to convey in tag form what people should expect. I thought "avoidable NTR" would work, but people seem to think it's avoidable in the sense that you're ignoring it rather than you're stopping it. "NTR optional" maybe? I thought that stating that the NTR in this game is only part of the nonconanical bad endings would clarify.
Yeah saying it doesn't happen if you don't look just doesn't work.
It makes the non NTR player feel like Schrödingers Cuck.
If I open the door and see a love interest get railed, what would make me think it doesn't happen when I let the door closed? Nothing!
Even if it isn't intended to happen if you don't look, that doesn't really translate into gameplay.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
To be honest I really don't like games where I get cucked, if that's your thing more power to you, just not my thing. If it is completely avoidable and my character can dominate all the women I'll give it a shot, maybe when someone does a walk through that shows a full domination path.
You DID actually read the OP right? I mean before you posted? Did you even TRY the game before complaining about something that's clearly posted as avoidable in the OP?

Hmm, I wonder if temp bans for people who complain about something optional and avoidable in a game, clearly marked so, would help fix some of the reading issues people have here?

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
What? Why? Games
So, I am NTR fan, author of unreleased NTR game too. I played many NTR games and I have some feedback !

First of all, game is quite promising. It mixes some old shit common in most of the games with sparkle of sth new. I can see some intellectual freedom in your dialogues, which is good. Feature wise it is common house crawler done right.

Problem is with NTR. It is done wrong IMHO, because:
1) It always leads to bad end, which is frustrating and it is potential design problem (because you close options to e.g. NTR pregnancy later lauchned by earlier events)
2) There is NTR warning before each scene. DON'T DO THAT. It spoils NTR almost completely. Either assume player is thinking and will foresee that and choose correct option or just do NTR ON/OFF on the beginning of the game. NTR, by design, is sth that is unexpected (not counting netorase).

So, how to fix that ? My suggestions:
1) Main NTR ON/OFF switch
2) No NTR warnings later nor bad ends.
3) Make main story, with non-NTR scenes, with NTR-mystery or non-mystery elements. So main story is the same and ends the same, but with NTR on, if played right, player and/or hero, could see NTRing. Girls still could love MC, but may be fucked by villan. So I think about concurrent NTR story compatible with main one. For example - in non-NTR story player impregnates all girls. But in NTR one all girls are pregnant, but not sure with whom ;) So NTR is compatible layer.
You, and all other NTR fans realize, I hope at least, that the reason it's listed is not so much because its an actual game play method, but because ALL of the whining, hands wringing and general whinging of the pansy waist types if they even think it'll be there? It's listed in the vain attempt to not have peoiple bitching about it being there as a 'suprise' to them, which failed apparently based on some responses in the thread where people apparently can't read.

Good suggestions on differentiating the play styles, but I'd prefer it to be open field, winner take all and if the player can't do well enough, or too much of a jack-off or dumbass, they get what they deserve cause that's more sorta like life.

Reactions: DonkeyFace

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Hmm, I wonder if temp bans for people who complain about something optional and avoidable in a game, clearly marked so, would help fix some of the reading issues people have here?
Yes please, THIS!!!! ^^^^^^ and I want to add to this. People who say "well if it has this or that in it....well then I'm out". Which only serves to try and bully a developer into compliance. We really need to start campaigning the Moderators to end this behavior. It's perfectly fine to ask a dev if a game contains a kink that you don't like or if that kink is avoidable. Then, get an answer and then peacefully leave if the answer is not to your liking. But it's pretty fucking self absorbed to follow it up with "WELL THEN I"M OUT"

Reactions: \EGOIST and greenp

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
What do you mean when you say that the NTR is noncanonical? Does that mean that if you make a sequel to this game you will ignore the previous NTR route? that is a bit ugly gesture towards the public who enjoys the NTR, on the other hand the game seems interesting, I will try it
No, it means NTR isn't the main story, it's the game overs. This isn't an ntr game.

Reactions: \EGOIST

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
To be honest I really don't like games where I get cucked, if that's your thing more power to you, just not my thing. If it is completely avoidable and my character can dominate all the women I'll give it a shot, maybe when someone does a walk through that shows a full domination path.
Just give it a play... you are literally warned before each NTR trigger, don't want to see it, then don't click it. This game is not at all about NTR... it is very literally about doing what you can to prevent and disrupt the NTR from happening.

Wampy

Mar 21, 2019
Every NTR "scene" is an instant bad ending, nothing really interesting... so it is a survival game in a VN format... it is not an NTR game.

Reactions: ronylol

ronylol

Apr 14, 2018
why you tag this game with NTR ? if anyone go to that NTR route then its game over . then that is the point of that NTR Tag ?
and its like you are fours to play non NTR route

Reactions: Zapzip123

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Like many have stated, this isn't an NTR game - it's almost an anti-NTR game. IE if ntr=tank, MC = anti-tank gun. If the gun misses then it's game over like Space Invaders - there is no "tank" path.

In realty, this is a simple room-roam to increase RP with the girls game. The NTR dude is just a plot device to give you another task to occassioally do.

Reactions: \EGOIST and greenp

Redgy

Jan 17, 2018
For those wishing for an NTR route, I honestly don't know how to write the characters postcoitus. If you watched someone as repulsive as Hunter unceremoniously rail a love interest of yours, isn't that game over? You wouldn't say "Darn, I'll get 'em next time!" and hope to be kissing her an hour later.
Yes, please? Never cared for NTR but that definitely sounds like something I'd like to see xD

ItsEricBoi

Sep 13, 2017
YAY, another free-roam grind game. This is exactly what the community wanted and even needed, I feel.

It's so much fun, repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Gosh, I love it.

You're an insightful and informed developer. Congratulations

For fuck sake.
I think the repetitive gameplay is an extension of the NTR, because you're being cucked of your time

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
To bad that there are no real choices in this game. I dont count any game over options. Because they are no real choice, because they end the game. The setting is not bad, but because there are no choices with real consequences it falls flat. When you can run into a problem and get a last chance to avoid that, that is ok, but here the first or second thing you do is to avoid a game over or just continue the "canon" story.

As far as I can see this is more a kinetic "grindnovel" than a real game, because there are no meaningful choices (when you cut out all game over ones). And then ... the "scenes" are nothing even close to NTR imho. There is no explicit stuff. They are all even fully clothed.

Oh and the whole "my semen covered my room and everywhere else"-talk is just stupid ...

At least you always know what to do and where to find characters to interact ... the renders are OKish.

Daloza

Jun 5, 2018
Groundhog big boobs greending day again. I think a hint sistem will be better like that:
22.jpg

DudeManrod

Oct 17, 2017
Need a little help from NTR fans. Does the fetish depend on the attractiveness of the character doing the cucking? Meaning, if the guy is good looking does it help the fetish more than if he looks like say... someone who escaped the Intensive Care Burn Unit?

Because this is who is cucking you guys... :oops:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks a bit like Deadpool with his mask off

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes