3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

tazlucky09

Jul 18, 2017
really tho there r games that go months without updates and when they finally do an update its sometimes only....maybe 10mins of content. can we just give the dev time? i prefer quality over quantity. who knows what the dev is doing it could be a full re-wright of the game code (plz dont lol) or could be the next 15 chapters.

unrelated side note: im using color text cuz every1 uses white text and today i feel like being different lol

Last edited:

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Hey peeps,

Thanks for your patience! We are currently still working on the next chapters and will release them as soon as they are ready. Some of our team have been on thoroughly deserved extended breaks, and some have been busy working more than one job. Of course we hope in future we can have enough backing to do this full-time but we're not there yet, so we still have to feed ourselves and our families haha.

We'll be sure to update everyone on the next update pronto! If you want more immediate updates and news, please join our Discord at the link in our signature.

In the meantime, here's a quick sneak peek:
Capture003.PNG

tazlucky09

Jul 18, 2017
Hey peeps,

Thanks for your patience! We are currently still working on the next chapters and will release them as soon as they are ready. Some of our team have been on thoroughly deserved extended breaks, and some have been busy working more than one job. Of course we hope in future we can have enough backing to do this full-time but we're not there yet, so we still have to feed ourselves and our families haha.

We'll be sure to update everyone on the next update pronto! If you want more immediate updates and news, please join our Discord at the link in our signature.

In the meantime, here's a quick sneak peek:
View attachment 1009221
IMO
not a typo but i thank it sounds better if u say "why don't you tell us what you thank the secret to eternal happiness is?"

Reactions: Burst Out Games

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
I was confused about why so many people were hating the dialogue of this game but, 10 minutes in, and I absolutely understand it. The attempt is there but there are so many instances where the slang is used in the wrong context and it's just painful.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Angry
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I was confused about why so many people were hating the dialogue of this game but, 10 minutes in, and I absolutely understand it. The attempt is there but there are so many instances where the slang is used in the wrong context and it's just painful.

What would you say instead of "I'm such a basic bitch" ? "I'm such a bad person" ? "What a bitch I am" ?

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
What would you say instead of "I'm such a basic bitch" ? "I'm such a bad person" ? "What a bitch I am" ?
"I didn't mean to bring up the past and make you sad. I'm so sorry." would be an adequate replacement.

But you might be missing the point. "Basic bitch" isn't used properly in that context. You use that when someone likes Starbucks or some mainstream pop music; not when they did something that they're apologizing for.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020

What she said sounds just like my wife. she says shit like that all the time. Slang varies from place to place just because someone has not heard it in such a way doesnt mean its not spoken some place else.

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
What she said sounds just like my wife. she says shit like that all the time. Slang varies from place to place just because someone has not heard it in such a way doesnt mean its not spoken some place else.
I mean, you're right, but there are plenty more examples where the slang shouldn't be used. And, seeing all the other people saying the same thing, it looks like more often than not the usage is wrong.

But that aside, the game is pretty good. I just hope the dev gets the dialogue figured out a little bit.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Not that I really want to stir this pot too much, even though you're by no means wrong on this point, having too much hyper-local slang makes comprehension impossible for those not from a particular area... Writers who want a more universal appeal would do well to avoid it.

As much as there can be such a thing as "accepted" slang usage, the point above about the phrase "basic bitch" referring to someone who likes "mainstream" things rather than someone who is mean or irritable stands. An older person may well make that mistake, but a young'un like Valerie is much less likely to.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, so the reference to Tim (The MC says there are some who call me ... Tim) ... Is that a reference to the Mel Gibson and Piper Laurie movie from 1979?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Don't stop believen', hold on to that feelin... a Journey reference? Someone has been watching too many Glee episodes.

Reactions: Burst Out Games
3.10 star(s) 75 Votes