3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Ok, so the reference to Tim (The MC says there are some who call me ... Tim) ... Is that a reference to the Mel Gibson and Piper Laurie movie from 1979?
Let's see who gets this reference! (Sorry, it's not from a Mel Gibson movie!)

We were thinking of running a contest on our Patreon to see how many quotes and references you can spot in the game, winners will get a special prize. There are currently about 170 pop culture references and/or quotes in the first 10 chapters of PTB. What do y'all think?

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019

We were thinking of running a contest on our Patreon to see how many quotes and references you can spot in the game, winners will get a special prize. There are currently about 170 pop culture references and/or quotes in the first 10 chapters of PTB. What do y'all think?
Tim? The 'Monty ...' guys, of course... I will leave it at that. :cool:

Reactions: Burst Out Games

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Ok, so the reference to Tim (The MC says there are some who call me ... Tim) ... Is that a reference to the Mel Gibson and Piper Laurie movie from 1979?

I get it! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And what does that have to do with... Tim? :unsure:
Some call me ... Tim was a reference to Tim the Enchanter in Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail which was another popular culture reference.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018

I found it. Some call me ... Tim was a reference to Tim the Enchanter in Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
In PTB there is a reference to Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, but it's not as easy to find as other references. Let's see who can spot it!
For the real movie trivia buffs, Always Look on the Bright Side of Life has a little cameo in a movie where Jack Nicholson plays part of it on a piano. I will have to keep an eye peeled my next play-through of PTB to see if I can detect the reference. Between the huge amount of current slang and references, there is a lot to take in regarding this VN, and it's impossible to catch it all ... it would take several play throughs.

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
O M G ... this game is SO Fucking ZOOMER!! look i get it. ya wanna speak like i modern REAL person but the zoomer slango is too shitty to read. (Boomer rant over) ON the Good side the story is 'legit' models look good and characterization is nice. the premise has some originality to it and some hollywood potential. it moves .. really fast. almost too fast. just breath put in some filler content, show whats going on at Uni more. (at ch5 now) segway/transitions need HELP. (ch3 beginning) mc in shower, turns around, '..hmm i must be seeing things.' wtf, No Clue Why?? next scene they are at the theater. none of that made sense.
listen , i LIKE this game, please just try and be less .. 'unique'. . . like i said this has hollywood potential

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Hey peeps,

Happy Lunar New Year! The next chapter of PTB titled "Answering" will be completed soon! Find out more about the individual personalities of our fanatical four - Bryan, Tilly, Valerie, and Nika - as they all have doubts lingering on their minds that need to be acknowledged, as well as things they each need to say. Will some of their questions at least be answered, or will they lead to even more mysteries?

As always, the newest chapter will be available to our patrons first, followed by a public release a couple of weeks later. Join our Patreon to be the first to get the latest versions of Powers That Be, along with exclusive content and updates!

chp10res12_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Hey peeps,

The next chapter of PTB titled "Answering" will be completed soon! Find out more about the individual personalities of our fanatical four - Bryan, Tilly, Valerie, and Nika - as they all have doubts lingering on their minds that need to be acknowledged, as well as things they each need to say. Will some of their questions at least be answered, or will they lead to even more mysteries?

As always, the newest chapter will be available to our patrons first, followed by a public release a couple of weeks later. Join our Patreon to be the first to get the latest versions of Powers That Be, along with exclusive content and updates!

View attachment 1034829
I have zero clue of their Canonical names :LOL:

Looking forward to more though :)

3.10 star(s) 75 Votes