3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

Crell

Aug 6, 2017
The renders are great, but man, the dialogue is painful to read through. Does the current generation genuinely talk like this, or is the dev. just mocking it all? It's difficult to tell, which generally isn't a good sign.
This whole "the youth is getting dumber" schtick has been a thing since before babylonian times. Youth wants to express itself and the easiest way to do so is language. You used your own slang terms when you were young. Slang that your parents rolled their eyes to. But now that you're one of the eye-rollers, it all seems so much more idiotic to you.

Anyway, this game still uses too much slang. Wait for the "Dialogue & Incest Patch" to be updated. It smoothens things out and reduces the amount of slang considerably for people uncomfortable with it - which includes me. Understanding something doesn't mean you must like it.

Reactions: Cotytto and Cshep26

Kygeir

May 28, 2019
Yeah, the incest patch seems to be the culprit for the errors, it isn't updated and that seems to affect all saves that used it. Guess we'll have to be patient and wait for it to be updated or play a fresh start without it.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Loved it. Great renders and models. A lot of dialogue but interesting. I started from the beginning again and thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to the next update. (y)

Reactions: Burst Out Games

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Had no problems running game it worked fine for me, also the mod/walk-through works well thanks for the hard work both of you. Have ran through it several times exploring each path, think a few more run through before giving an in depth comment.
However it would be helpful during some on the one on one interactions to be playing from the MC's point a view. Also some portions of the game and play through could use more polish and tightening up.
I found it way to easy getting into bed with each of the female NPC's. Maybe expand on the underlying story lines with each one that could give more depth to the relationships and sway to the outcomes. As it is now the story is manageable, however it could be greatly improved on. wEll thanks for reading.
I look forward to the next update.

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
The renders are great, but man, the dialogue is painful to read through. Does the current generation genuinely talk like this, or is the dev. just mocking it all? It's difficult to tell, which generally isn't a good sign.
It's definitely a sad sign. I remember being turned off playing Avalon because the MC looks like a fucking lumberjack but talks like a schoolgirl going through puberty. So hopefully it get better for this game or I might have to move on.

Blue Angel

Oct 10, 2017
Some other games like Haley's Story have this same kind of problems. No idea why and I never use a mod (except for transparency).

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Burst Out Games
Once again, Russian is not a simple language and it's easy to make errors. Nika's mother can say "Прежде всего будь честен с самим собой" only in one case. And that case is Nika was a boy. If that woman would address to her daughter she'd say "Прежде всего будь честна сама с собой".
Next. "Ты разбудил во мне давно забытое" - quite poetic and this is another error of translation. Just like it was with Nika's phrase in the store (I mentioned it earlier and that phrase is still there). The phrase itself is without errors and can be used in Pushkin's or Tolstoy's novels (i.e. before XX century) but no one will use it in modern language. Especially, when speaking to foreigner (who cannot value all the meanings of the phrase).
Next one is even without cyrillic. "krasivaya" is an ajective, not a noun. When a man want to emphasize woman's beauty he calls her beauty (красавица, krasavitsa, noun, female, singular). There are men in Russia who use krasivaya when addressing to a girl. These men usually tied to some crime structures, organized or not so much. So for a decent girl to hear such addressing is totally not a good sign.

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
This whole "the youth is getting dumber" schtick has been a thing since before babylonian times. Youth wants to express itself and the easiest way to do so is language. You used your own slang terms when you were young. Slang that your parents rolled their eyes to. But now that you're one of the eye-rollers, it all seems so much more idiotic to you.

Anyway, this game still uses too much slang. Wait for the "Dialogue & Incest Patch" to be updated. It smoothens things out and reduces the amount of slang considerably for people uncomfortable with it - which includes me. Understanding something doesn't mean you must like it.
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 12.06.59.jpeg

The amount of references in the dialogue is too damn high!
But the one that got me was the Wolverine one.
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 09.22.16.jpeg

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I dig it. It can be a real bummer.

You are pretty close on your far out statement. I don't know if there have been any cuneiform tablets, but we have some Hellenic examples:

The counts of the indictment are luxury, bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect to elders, and a love for chatter in place of exercise. …
Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters.
  • “Schools of Hellas: an Essay on the Practice and Theory of Ancient Greek Education from 600 to 300 BC”, Kenneth John Freeman
    1907 (paraphrasing of Hellenic attitudes towards the youth in 600 - 300 BC)*
“[Young people] are high-minded because they have not yet been humbled by life, nor have they experienced the force of circumstances.
They think they know everything, and are always quite sure about it.”
  • Part 12 On Youthful Character, Aristotle
    4th Century BC

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
I was a kid of the 60's. People complained about our language then with its 'cool', square and fab.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Just got to a bit and the mod mentions a Good or Bad Tilly. How much is this played out as the game goes on? We talking just a little more assertive Tilly, or full on "I see no God up here.... other than me"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Burst Out Games
3.10 star(s) 75 Votes