3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
Another wallpaper from Burst Out Games :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Finally (FINALLY !) found the time to play the latest update, which had much food for thought and was, as always, great. Lance's test was particularly puzzling, and potentially annoying.
Just got to a bit and the mod mentions a Good or Bad Tilly. How much is this played out as the game goes on? We talking just a little more assertive Tilly, or full on "I see no God up here.... other than me"
I think so far the only difference points for good, neutral or evil make is when Tilly is arguing with Valerie prior to the phone call about her parents' death: if you put her on the evil route she will start to use her powers to knock Valerie out, before being interrupted, whereas otherwise she just says she doesn't give a crap about Valerie's opinion. This may change in the future - I suspect different outcomes based on Tilly's good/evil/neutral score when we encounter Mark !
Anway, I am really excited for the next update, and hope it will be the visit to Lance's bar (which I am hoping is the 'incident' with Tilly's powers caused by the confrontation with Mark) !

P.S. Education time: I was not previously familiar with Vasili Arkhapov but following a bit of reading he's gone straight onto my list of heroes. My God, he practically saved the entire world !
P.P.S. I voted in the dev's naming poll - picked 3.14159265359, which I am sure is the correct answer when subverted by a tesseract based on an amalgamate of 10 cups of coffee, half a bottle of sherry and binge watching Seasons 1 and 2 of Doom Patrol !

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Burst Out Games

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
You are building your assumptions based on fact dev is good in Russian. I can assure you, that's not true. I can safely assume dev has some knowledge about Russian and Russian culture. Word "krasivaya" was used incorrectly, that's sad truth. Just like other things in Russian I wrote about earlier. Answering your question, Nika can assume MC made I mistake. That's totally normal for any Russian. We are glad to hear anyone non-Russian speaks our language but we don't expect that he or she would speak without errors. Russian is much more difficult to learn than English, so we expect to hear slight mistakes. Like adjective instead of noun, or wrong case, or singular instead of plural. After all, in English one word can be noun, adjective or verb, depending on "neighboors" of that word, that's impossible situation in Russian. And, of course, there's no cases in English.
If any Russian woman hears "krasivaya" when addressing to her from Russian she most likely would say nothing. But will made some assumptions in her head. If the same Russian woman hears the same from foreigner (and that foreigner is not from Caucasus region) she most likely assume that's honest mistake.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
Ok, so I'm loving this game, but I don't think I've ever played a game where the updates are so short! I've only played since .4 so I don't know but I hope the turnaround time for updates is also incredibly short? I'd like to support the dev but compared to mlc the updates are maybe half the size? And those updates are about a month. What kind of turn around time for the updates do we usually see? If they're regular and short I'll definitely be supporting the dev.
On the amazing side, Valerie may be the best daughter of any game I've ever played her dialogue and seeming insane desire for Daddy to give her a baby is delicious.

Reactions: Burst Out Games

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Ok, so I'm loving this game, but I don't think I've ever played a game where the updates are so short! I've only played since .4 so I don't know but I hope the turnaround time for updates is also incredibly short? I'd like to support the dev but compared to mlc the updates are maybe half the size? And those updates are about a month. What kind of turn around time for the updates do we usually see? If they're regular and short I'll definitely be supporting the dev.
On the amazing side, Valerie may be the best daughter of any game I've ever played her dialogue and seeming insane desire for Daddy to give her a baby is delicious.
Oh, I guess you never played a game with short updates. In this case dev is making the game in his free time and for that every update is really rich in content. I can warn you don't compare this to projects people do as a way to earn money, as the only source of income. "Powers that be" is certainly not that, it's a side... thing, to make money in addition to job IRL.

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
Oh, I guess you never played a game with short updates. In this case dev is making the game in his free time and for that every update is really rich in content. I can warn you don't compare this to projects people do as a way to earn money, as the only source of income. "Powers that be" is certainly not that, it's a side... thing, to make money in addition to job IRL.
That's fine, I did say I loved the game AND i wanted to support him. I didn't know this, now I do so I know what to expect. The game is amazing, the daughter is definitely one of the top 3 daughters of any VN I've ever played. For a side gig it's impressive.

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
chp12middleschool21.jpg

Powers That Be - Chapter 12 "Raising" (Patreon Higher-Tier Release)

Looking at things from a different perspective.

It wouldn't be fair if our main protagonist was the only one telling the tale! In Chapter 12 - "Raising", it's Tilly's turn to share her side of the story using her unique perspective, and what better way than to start from the very beginning?

If you've always wanted to know how things came to be for our fanatical family, this chapter is for you! Who knows, you may also just catch a glimpse of things to come in the future of the franchise!

This chapter also features names and characters provided by our previous contest winners. This is a Patron Higher-Tier release only. The Lower-Tier release will be the following weekend, and the tentative Public release will be towards the end of June.

Please do consider so we can continue to make more games, content, and improvements for your enjoyment, and receive the latest chapters before anyone else. At BOG, we're a small team of 3 friends doing this in our free time, but as you can see we take this very seriously as it is our passion and we do our best to make new releases on a regular schedule. We really hope to do this full-time in the future with your help.

** Some players may experience loading issues with saved games from Chapters 10 and 11. Unfortunately, this is a Ren'py issue that conflicts with some of our new features. If you encounter such issues, try loading saves from Chapter 9 and/or before, it may help. You can also look up our Discord for more info and contact us there if necessary. **

Version: v0.4.4

Changelog:
  • New characters models for younger versions.
  • Features names and characters provided by previous contest winners.
  • Removed/changed more slang.
  • Characters models tweaks.
  • Some earlier chapters dialogue changes.

Last edited:

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
chp12uni04.jpg

Powers That Be - Chapter 12 "Raising" (Patreon Lower-Tier Release)

It wouldn't be fair if our main protagonist was the only one telling the tale! In Chapter 12 - "Raising", it's Tilly's turn to share her side of the story using her unique perspective, and what better way than to start from the very beginning?

If you've always wanted to know how things came to be for our fanatical family, this chapter is for you! Who knows, you may also just catch a glimpse of things to come in the future of the franchise!

This chapter also features names and characters provided by our previous contest winners. This is a Patron Lower-Tier release only. The tentative Public release will be towards the end of June.

Please do consider so we can continue to make more games, content, and improvements for your enjoyment, and receive the latest chapters before anyone else. At BOG, we're a small team of 3 friends doing this in our free time, but as you can see we take this very seriously as it's our passion and we do our best to make new releases on a regular schedule. We really hope to do this full-time in the future with your help!

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
And Then They 02 HD with text.jpg

Powers That Be - Chapter 12 "Raising" (Public Release)

This chapter also features names and characters provided by our previous contest winners.

Please do consider so we can continue to make more games, content, and improvements for your enjoyment, and receive the latest chapters before anyone else. At BOG, we're a small team of 3 friends doing this in our free time, but as you can see we take this very seriously as it is our passion and we do our best to make new releases on a regular schedule. We really hope to do this full-time in the future with your help.

** Some players may experience loading issues with saved games from Chapters 10 and 11. Unfortunately, this is a Ren'py issue that conflicts with some of our new features. If you encounter such issues, try loading saves from Chapter 9 and/or before, it may help. You can also look up our Discord for more info and contact us there if necessary. **

Version: v0.4.4

Changelog:

• New characters models for younger versions.
  • Features names and characters provided by previous contest winners.
  • Removed/changed more slang.
  • Characters models tweaks.
  • Some earlier chapters dialogue changes.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I like daughter way more than niece...

Why are a lot of the games I'm playing this week turning into futuristic sci-fi stuff that wasn't hinted at in the start?
WTF you talking about? That is not happening in this game!

3.10 star(s) 75 Votes