3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Hey everyone,

We understand in PTB the character model/looks of Tilly (the stepniece) has been something that's been debated since the beginning of the game. So now we're having a poll on our Patreon exclusively for all Patrons to help decide what she may look like in future. If you're one of our loyal patrons, please head there now to cast your vote of how you think Tilly's appearance should be moving forward. If you're not one of our loyal supporters yet, why not join us now and give us your opinion?

And what we'd like to ask you guys on F95Zone is how you'd feel if we changed her looks to something quite different now half-way through the game? Is continuity very important to you, or is having a slightly better looking model what you prefer even if it breaks immersion? Are you happy with the way she looks now, or do you desire a change for the rest of the game?

Let us know!

1630115167986.png

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Hey everyone,

We understand in PTB the character model/looks of Tilly (the stepniece) has been something that's been debated since the beginning of the game. So now we're having a poll on our Patreon exclusively for all Patrons to help decide what she may look like in future. If you're one of our loyal patrons, please head there now to cast your vote of how you think Tilly's appearance should be moving forward. If you're not one of our loyal supporters yet, why not join us now and give us your opinion?

And what we'd like to ask you guys on F95Zone is how you'd feel if we changed her looks to something quite different now half-way through the game? Is continuity very important to you, or is having a slightly better looking model what you prefer even if it breaks immersion? Are you happy with the way she looks now, or do you desire a change for the rest of the game?

Let us know!

View attachment 1374576
I say do a poll here then combine the results. Personally once a game starts and the characters have come to life for any period of time I say leave them alone. I just went through and redid two of my own but the difference is they are not actually appeared in my game so players have not interacted with them like they have Tilly and i personally like her model just as it is. she is different and should stay that way. Hell I bought the model just to have it.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Hey everyone,

Let us know!

View attachment 1374576
Just as SeveredRealms said, the model is ok maybe just change the hair style and she will stop looking like a Muppet. (y)

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Hey everyone,

Let us know!

View attachment 1374576

Hey, everyone!

As we mentioned above, our team at BOG are debating right now if we should change Tilly's (the stepniece) character model to make her look a little better and more in line with her Asian heritage. We're conducting a poll in our Patreon to let our patrons choose what her new look will be, so if you wish to get in on the act and be part of the important decision-making process of the game moving forward do join us on our Patreon at

We've also just created a concurrent Poll here in this thread which you can find at the top of the page as we'd love to hear your thoughts on whether you think changing Tilly's appearance half-way in the game now would be too weird and break continuity, or if it doesn't matter to you and you prefer better looking models over immersion? Please cast your vote on the top of the page and let us know what you think so we can continue to improve our games for your enjoyment!

Cheers!

Reactions: AdamJohn36

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Hey, everyone!

As we mentioned above, our team at BOG are debating right now if we should change Tilly's (the stepniece) character model to make her look a little better and more in line with her Asian heritage. We're conducting a poll in our Patreon to let our patrons choose what her new look will be, so if you wish to get in on the act and be part of the important decision-making process of the game moving forward do join us on our Patreon at

We've also just created a concurrent Poll here in this thread which you can find at the top of the page as we'd love to hear your thoughts on whether you think changing Tilly's appearance half-way in the game now would be too weird and break continuity, or if it doesn't matter to you and you prefer better looking models over immersion? Please cast your vote on the top of the page and let us know what you think so we can continue to improve our games for your enjoyment!

Cheers!
Other option you could explore are changing hair, make up or even clothing. This is the way to lessen the risk of breaking the continuity while allowing you to change her up a bit. Girls change their hair all the time hell my daughter does it once a damn month. The girls in my games will also change up now and then to give them a little different look without changing the model.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Hey, everyone!

Cheers!
Speaking as someone who's played pretty much from the beginning, Tilly has become a familiar intimate. By that I mean, I've keyed in on some of her features that I've come to find quite attractive. Mess with her hair, outfits, maybe makeup, that won't bother me. Change her facial and or body structure and you'll make her a stranger. So I've voted for no physical changes.

That said, I realize I'm playing a game in development, and that had I not "lived" with this Tilly, I might hold an entirely different opinion. So despite my personal feelings, it's my belief that the dev(s) should make whatever developmental changes they feel will improve their game, and I'll support their decision.

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
well i like asian girls, so go on. but make them like korean and not some strange chinese girl

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
When characters are talking to each other, have them face each other rather than staring at the player. It looks odd otherwise.

Also feels like chapter 13 was very short.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Well it looks like common sense is losing. I personally will not change a model in a game after it has been out as long as this one. On the other part of the common sense here is her father is not Korean and she could very well take after her father in looks and complexation just because she has a mother that is Korean does not equate to her having full Korean features. If you change her model... it will break the immersion for those that liked her as she was and you will probably lose those players just because someone cried she isnt Asian enough. I may just be one of those players that leave as I like her as is. Also if i was going to change a model i would also o from the first game render showing the model to the last or it just plain doesnt work and later players to the game will wonder wtf is going on.

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
Hey, everyone!

Cheers!
in my opinion she is fine, hairstyle changes would be ok. even makeup changes. BUT if you do decide to change her appearance, i recommend changing it from the beginning of the game. players could always start over and get used to her new look. Just changeing it after update x.x would be just weird.

Reactions: Drill Sergeant

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Teaser Poster (Final).jpg

No Place Like Home - Chapters 1 & 2 (Public Release)

"Home is not a place… it’s a feeling."

The highly-anticipated 2nd game from BOG is now finally available to the public!

A 35-year old former hacker turned cyber security expert decides to return home after a decade away making a living for himself in Silicon Valley where he had found love and stability, but haplessly lost it all. He bunks in with his older stepsister and her 2 daughters initially while figuring out exactly what he wants from life. It's up to you to guide him and the choices he makes as he gets reacquainted (sometimes way more than he expects to) with his hardworking stepsister, 2 polar opposite stepnieces, a fascinating family friend, a grumpy cat, and other enigmatic individuals who stroll into their lives. Ultimately, one way or another, he'll find out that there truly is No Place Like Home.

This simpler second game from BOG is made as a big "thank you" to all our loyal patrons and fans. Unlike our other major game Powers That Be, there'll be much less philosophical elements, memes, and grand mystery. But hey, it's still a BOG game and we love scripting fun stuff, so don't completely rule anything out!

No Place Like Home's next chapter will be released next month for our Higher-Tier Patrons. Please don't hesitate to let us know what you think about the game so we at BOG can continue to learn and improve ourselves, all while pumping out content for you to enjoy!

only for F95Zone fans!

Last edited:

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 1434403

The highly-anticipated 2nd game from BOG is now finally available to the public!

A 35-year old former hacker turned cyber security expert decides to return home after a decade away making a living for himself in Silicon Valley where he had found love and stability, but haplessly lost it all. He bunks in with his older stepsister and her 2 daughters initially while figuring out exactly what he wants from life. It's up to you to guide him and the choices he makes as he gets reacquainted (sometimes way more than he expects to) with his hardworking stepsister, 2 polar opposite stepnieces, a fascinating family friend, a grumpy cat, and other enigmatic individuals who stroll into their lives. Ultimately, one way or another, he'll find out that there truly is No Place Like Home.

This simpler second game from BOG is made as a big "thank you" to all our loyal patrons and fans. Unlike our other major game Powers That Be, there'll be much less philosophical elements, memes, and grand mystery. But hey, it's still a BOG game and we love scripting fun stuff, so don't completely rule anything out!

No Place Like Home's next chapter will be released next month for our Higher-Tier Patrons. Please don't hesitate to let us know what you think about the game so we at BOG can continue to learn and improve ourselves, all while pumping out content for you to enjoy!
Looks interesting, will give it a look:)

Reactions: Burst Out Games

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
View attachment 1434403

image_2021-10-03_131456.png
...that poor catto.....

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
View attachment 1434403

How can we have the "true" patch (aka incest)? Step family is a bummer. Also you have a "Sis!" hard coded in dialogue in the first minutes of the game.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
View attachment 1434403

So aunt, uncle, niece and nephew do not differentiate for blood relationships. For example my wife's niece is my niece. It reflects a legal or familial recognized relationship whether or not blood is involved. From the law's and common perspective as her stepbrother, her children are either my nieces or nephews and I am their uncle. NO step anything. Stepniece, stepnephew, stepuncle, and stepaunt do not exist and your use of them is very grating.

I really enjoy playing powers that be. It's an excellent game demonstrating real talent. I'll be watching to see where you take this one. Good luck with your new game.

3.10 star(s) 75 Votes