3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
Homey, take a step back for a second and reflect.

Saying that it is OK to have as much consensual sex as you like is not to say that sex doesn't matter.

Rape is horrific because it is nonconsensual.

You surely can recognize the massive personal difference between a sex act to which you've consented and an act of rape committed against you.
Getting your bike stole is also non-consentual. If sex maters enough for rape to be an atrocity, then clearly sex is something far more that just tasty candies or fun amusement park rides. If it's far more meaningful than that, then it shouldn't be handed like candy, and taking it by force is a heinous crime.

To say it's okay to have as much sex as you like depends on what you mean, though. For example, if you have a committed couple having as much sex as they like with each other, that's different from someone who's sharing their bodies with every person that strikes their fancy, so some clarification on that point is needed.

I still assert that if you can hand out sex like candy and it's perfectly fine, then it's no more meaningful than candy. Just a fun ride at an amusement park that all can enjoy.

redraw

Apr 6, 2019
I think you'd need to figure out exactly *why* it's so bad for a person to have consensual sex with multiple partners.

And, yes -- though it's crude to compare -- having someone steal your bike should be very obviously different than letting someone ride it.

Don't even understand how that could be glazed over ..

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
I think you'd need to figure out exactly *why* it's so bad for a person to have consensual sex with multiple partners.

And, yes -- though it's crude to compare -- having someone steal your bike should be very obviously different than letting someone ride it.

Don't even understand how that could be glazed over ..
I know why. Based on our conversation, I doubt you'd believe me if I told you. Long story short (and this affects women far more than it affects men, but that doesn't mean it's okay for men to be manwhores), there are physiological and psychological effects that come with sex. For example, the body produces oxytocin, which is a hormone that strongly bonds people together. The more you create that bond and then break it, it's very similar to tape in that once you pull it off, it doesn't adhere as well the second time, and the more you do it, the less it sticks.

At the very least, this is measurable with divorce rates. Women that were virgins when they married had by far the lowest divorce rates. It more than doubled with the introduction of merely one more sexual partner (from 20% to 50%). It increases with every additional partner (although it dips just a little bit with three compared to two, which is odd).

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I know why. Based on our conversation, I doubt you'd believe me if I told you. Long story short (and this affects women far more than it affects men, but that doesn't mean it's okay for men to be manwhores), there are physiological and psychological effects that come with sex. For example, the body produces oxytocin, which is a hormone that strongly bonds people together. The more you create that bond and then break it, it's very similar to tape in that once you pull it off, it doesn't adhere as well the second time, and the more you do it, the less it sticks.

At the very least, this is measurable with divorce rates. Women that were virgins when they married had by far the lowest divorce rates. It more than doubled with the introduction of merely one more sexual partner (from 20% to 50%). It increases with every additional partner (although it dips just a little bit with three compared to two, which is odd).
I don't understand what this discussion has to do with this game. Being fiction, if the Dev wants the LIs to be absolutely faithful to the MC from now on and not even look at other guys, that's how it will happen (and the statistics will have nothing to say)

In addition, without providing data, what you affirm is still your opinion. I'm not saying that it's false (I don't know), only that I don't have (and I suppose almost all the members of the forum) the data that allows me to know if your statement is true or false. And this isn't the place to start a discussion like this.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
I don't understand what this discussion has to do with this game. Being fiction, if the Dev wants the LIs to be absolutely faithful to the MC from now on and not even look at other guys, that's how it will happen (and the statistics will have nothing to say)

In addition, without providing data, what you affirm is still your opinion. I'm not saying that it's false (I don't know), only that I don't have (and I suppose almost all the members of the forum) the data that allows me to know if your statement is true or false. And this isn't the place to start a discussion like this.
Yeah, we did go off on a tangent.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
In real life you have low chances to find a virgin outside teenagers. And you can't expect them to be good in bed.

Though I can understand the fantasy to have an adult virgin experienced in sex... But like every kinks it doesn't appeal to everyone
Much like the pain and bleeding from ripping the hymen fantasy. If a woman is post pubescent, the chances are her hymen, if she had one at all, would have thinned and ceased to be a barrier long ago. If there is some serious tearing and bleeding, she's probably not finished with puberty, if you get my drift.

Also, penetrating the cervix is not a good thing.
Not wanting your girl to have already been with other guys isn't a kink. It's normal.
In the modern world, it often comes off as a sign of insecurity. There are a number of guys out there who want to make sure their partners have had no other experience to compare their performance too. Personally, I'd rather have an experienced woman like what I'm doing instead of being with someone who doesn't know the difference between a considerate, skilled lover and one who is actually selfish or clumsy.
Yeah, outside of highschool that virginity fixation becomes increasingly ridiculous.

Fine for fantasy, sure. Understandable for inexperienced kids. But an absurd expectation in adult reality.
One reaches a point in their life and it comes off as insecurity.
I think it's a fetish like any other, neither better nor worse. In general, I don't care much if they are or not, although certainly that the LIs are virgin has its positive points and some LIs are more interesting if they are.
In my 40 year sexual history, I've only been with one woman who'd recently been a virgin. I was not her first, but rather her third. She had the vigor of youth, yes, but she wasn't yet very experimental--there were many things she was hesitant to try. All in all, my experience with my more experienced partners was much more interesting.
That your family is like that doesn't mean that it is "normal". There are many people who have multiple boyfriends or girlfriends until they get married (or not). I don't see anything wrong with it.
That was definitely my experience.
Just because something has become less common doesn't mean it isn't normal. You probably won't believe me when I say this, but multiple sexual partners actually destroys a woman's ability to pairbond. Divorce rates among women who have slept around before getting married skyrocket with every additional partner. I know it sounds like double-standard BS, but it just doesn't have the same effect on men.
Where did you hear this? I've never seen this from a reputable scientific source, just from conservative Christians with an agenda to scare young kids into monogamy.
As for the games, I like romance. Unlike a lot of people around here, I actually don't mind non-harem games. Not everyone has to be a virgin, but I don't like MCs who just use women for their own sexual gratification. Honestly, I like it better if the MC is a virgin at the start too. Not a fan of manwhores, but that's sadly the default for most of the games on this site.
Neither do I. I prefer protagonists who show some depth of character--compassion, kindness, empathy. I've dropped a number of the games where I found the protagonist to be little more than a creep.
Again, it's not about shaming people without many sexual partners
I usually see the opposite--conservative voices trying to shame those of us who have had many partners over a lifetime.
If sex is so innocuous that you can have as much of it as you want with as many people as you want with no inherent ill effects, then why is rape so horriffic and traumatizing? If sex really doesn't mean anything, shouldn't it be similar to having your bike stolen or getting slapped in the face? Also, if sex is so trivial that we can throw it around like candy, then why is it illegal to have sex with children? Surely "they're too young to consent" doesn't really matter if the act is so innoculous you can throw it around like it was nothing. I mean, you could argue that a child is too young to consent to rides at an amusement park, but we still take them.
Comedian Rita Rudner once said that she was taught that "sex was something vile and disgusting that you saved for the man you love."
The truth is a lot of people want to justify their lifestyles because acceptance of the reality of what they're doing would break them. That's where you get these silly ideas that sex doesn't matter, but apparently it still matters a whole ton when it comes to kids but not to adults because reasons no one can explain.
You don't understand the concept of informed consent? There are many areas where children are deemed too young and lack the wisdom to give legal consent. Then again, many of the cultures who insist on virgin brides also allow for child brides. Some even support genital mutilation to (theoretically) reduce a woman's interest in sex. Much like the US practice of circumcision originally arose to improve mental health by reducing male masturbation. They believed masturbation caused mental illness.

Your argument reminds me of one of the accusations about atheists--they don't believe in God so that they can get away with their immoral lifestyles.
Once again, citation needed for this claim. I know a number of polyamorous women who have no problem forming very strong bonds. Your hypothesis doesn't seem to hold in the real world.
Correlation does not equal causation.
Before no-fault divorce, and the reducing of the stigma, it was almost a death sentence for women to divorce an abusive husband. When I was growing up, women could not own property or have credit on their own--they had to get the permission of their husband (or father). Women were largely held as property in the early 20th century. Women who are virgins when they marry would most likely come from conservative religious backgrounds where the stigma of divorce is still strong.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In my 40 year sexual history, I've only been with one woman who'd recently been a virgin. I was not her first, but rather her third. She had the vigor of youth, yes, but she wasn't yet very experimental--there were many things she was hesitant to try. All in all, my experience with my more experienced partners was much more interesting.
I was referring to interesting from a plot point of view. Actually being a game the LIs will appear the experience that the Dev wants regardless of whether they are virgins or not, so, by magic of being a game, having a virgin LI who seems to have years of experience has the advantage of having the fetish and the experience at the same time (the pity is that it's in a game and not in real life)

For the rest, I have been with girls with very little experience and with others with full experience. You have better fun with the latter than with the former.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Dragon59

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
Much like the pain and bleeding from ripping the hymen fantasy. If a woman is post pubescent, the chances are her hymen, if she had one at all, would have thinned and ceased to be a barrier long ago. If there is some serious tearing and bleeding, she's probably not finished with puberty, if you get my drift.

Also, penetrating the cervix is not a good thing.

In the modern world, it often comes off as a sign of insecurity. There are a number of guys out there who want to make sure their partners have had no other experience to compare their performance too. Personally, I'd rather have an experienced woman like what I'm doing instead of being with someone who doesn't know the difference between a considerate, skilled lover and one who is actually selfish or clumsy.

One reaches a point in their life and it comes off as insecurity.

That was definitely my experience.

Where did you hear this? I've never seen this from a reputable scientific source, just from conservative Christians with an agenda to scare young kids into monogamy.

Neither do I. I prefer protagonists who show some depth of character--compassion, kindness, empathy. I've dropped a number of the games where I found the protagonist to be little more than a creep.

I usually see the opposite--conservative voices trying to shame those of us who have had many partners over a lifetime.

Comedian Rita Rudner once said that she was taught that "sex was something vile and disgusting that you saved for the man you love."

You don't understand the concept of informed consent? There are many areas where children are deemed too young and lack the wisdom to give legal consent. Then again, many of the cultures who insist on virgin brides also allow for child brides. Some even support genital mutilation to (theoretically) reduce a woman's interest in sex. Much like the US practice of circumcision originally arose to improve mental health by reducing male masturbation. They believed masturbation caused mental illness.

Your argument reminds me of one of the accusations about atheists--they don't believe in God so that they can get away with their immoral lifestyles.

Once again, citation needed for this claim. I know a number of polyamorous women who have no problem forming very strong bonds. Your hypothesis doesn't seem to hold in the real world.

Correlation does not equal causation.
Before no-fault divorce, and the reducing of the stigma, it was almost a death sentence for women to divorce an abusive husband. When I was growing up, women could not own property or have credit on their own--they had to get the permission of their husband (or father). Women were largely held as property in the early 20th century. Women who are virgins when they marry would most likely come from conservative religious backgrounds where the stigma of divorce is still strong.
Yeah, you sound pretty ideologicaly driven. I really don't think this is worth responding to. I mean, holy crap, with this massive wall of text, something really must have ticked you off. I thought the conversation was done.

In any case, the study was done by the National Survey of Family Growth, which even the CDC and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services use as sources. Also, general happiness in the US (since they first started tracking it) actually peaked in the 50s and has been dropping like a brick ever since ever since the sexual revolution.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I can't wait to kill Lance :)
Can't wait to murder lance and his cronies.
I finally played through the current release of this. The closest I've seen to Lance being a bad guy is his mention of the "test" with Gloria and the MC wondering what that's supposed to mean. I don't remember "cronies", and IDK if there's enough to go off of to know whether Lance should die. What am I missing?

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
chp15night01_edited.jpg

Powers That Be - Chapter 15 "Camping" (Patreon Tier 4 release)

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

The last episode started a chain of events that will forever change the lives of our fanatical family and push them forward towards their inevitable destinies. But it’s all too much for them to handle at once, so maybe now's a good time to lay low for a bit. And what better way to escape the city than a good ol’ rootin’ tootin’ camping trip? As you share spooky campfire stories and spend time with the ones you love in Chapter 15 - Camping, just make sure you keep a look out for scary things lurking in the woods!

Wishing all our patrons, fans and followers Happy Holidays and an Awesome New Year! Hoping next year will be the start of a global change for the better! Patreon Tier 4 and above release.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
View attachment 1528776

Powers That Be - Chapter 15 "Camping" (Patreon Tier 4 release)

The last episode started a chain of events that will forever change the lives of our fanatical family and push them forward towards their inevitable destinies. But it’s all too much for them to handle at once, so maybe now's a good time to lay low for a bit. And what better way to escape the city than a good ol’ rootin’ tootin’ camping trip? As you share spooky campfire stories and spend time with the ones you love in Chapter 15 - Camping, just make sure you keep a look out for scary things lurking in the woods!

Wishing all our patrons, fans and followers Happy Holidays and an Awesome New Year! Hoping next year will be the start of a global change for the better! Patreon Tier 4 and above release.
Oh? Is Tilly a master ghost-story teller? I assume Valerie will pretend she's not scared and then piss herself, while Nika will probably end up saying something about how she knows real horror stories. I'm glad she's not in Russia anymore; seems like she's really been through a terrible past.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So whats the deal with this game?

I read the devs description and read some of the reviews which are either a 1 star or 5 star. In one review the MC is a hero who slays all pussy in his path, and the next review says he just a beta/doormat surrounded by a gang of roaming super sluts bragging about banging every guy in town but the MC and we are forced to interact with these hoes as the supposed "love" interests?

One description sounds a whole lot better than the other but which is more the truth and not hyperbole?
I'd say it's something in the middle. The MC isn't a cuck or anything, if that's what you're asking. But there are choices that determine how relationships and even attitudes of characters develop. I wouldn't call any of the girls "roaming super sluts" — I really don't think that's a fair assessment at all. But as a harem game, things tend to be a bit easier for the MC than is realistic. That said, this is an adult game, so porn logic will supersede real-world logic in places. And because the superpowers tag is on this game, I would suggest that stretching reality a bit here and there should be expected.

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
chp15nika01.png

Powers That Be - Chapter 15 "Camping" (Patreon Tier 3 release)

Christmas is coming early for our patrons! The last episode started a chain of events that will forever change the lives of our fanatical family and push them forward towards their inevitable destinies. But it’s all too much for them to handle at once, so maybe now's a good time to lay low for a bit. And what better way to escape the city than a good ol’ rootin’ tootin’ camping trip? As you share spooky campfire stories and spend time with the ones you love in Chapter 15 - Camping, just make sure you keep a look out for scary things lurking in the woods!

Wishing all our patrons, fans and followers Happy Holidays and an Awesome New Year! Hoping next year will be the start of a global change for the better! Patreon Tier 3 and above release.

Last edited:

jufot

May 15, 2021
Just started playing this game. Does the dialogue get better? Because I'm not sure if I can tolerate this level of nonsense for much longer...

These lines seem to have been generated by a particularly dim-witted, edgy chatbot, not something a real human being would say.

1639742926783.png

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
chp15camp01_edited.png

Powers That Be - Chapter 15 "Camping" (Patreon Tier 2 release)

Christmas is a few days early for our Tier 2 patrons! The last episode started a chain of events that will forever change the lives of our fanatical family and push them forward towards their inevitable destinies. But it’s all too much for them to handle at once, so maybe now's a good time to lay low for a bit. And what better way to escape the city than a good ol’ rootin’ tootin’ camping trip? As you share spooky campfire stories and spend time with the ones you love in Chapter 15 - Camping, just make sure you keep a look out for scary things lurking in the woods!

Wishing all our patrons, fans and followers Happy Holidays and an Awesome New Year! Hoping next year will be the start of a global change for the better! Patreon Tier 2 and above release.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Just started playing this game. Does the dialogue get better? Because I'm not sure if I can tolerate this level of nonsense for much longer...

These lines seem to have been generated by a particularly dim-witted, edgy chatbot, not something a real human being would say.

View attachment 1549395
I dont think it improves, but i think it used to be worst. Turn off your cringe meter to play, its the only way.

3.10 star(s) 75 Votes