Akren

Aug 25, 2019
Welp. Fuck.

I noticed in the debug room (or whatever it's called) there's a sheep/npc that lets you change the game difficulty. Should I just drop that down? Are there any benefits gained from beating the game on Serious/Maniac difficulty?

Honestly I'm loving the game, even the basic RPG aspects have me pretty well hooked. I don't mind a reasonable amount of grind, but yeah...

(Still a five star game for me though.)
guy you quoted had no clue how to fight lmfao, 2k atk is enough to two shot most base game enemies if you use heat joker and late game chips like you’re supposed to

boboverlord

Sep 16, 2020
some notes about last story:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Pretty interesting that you use the words "spirit" and "demon", rather than "monsters". And coindicentally, the JP version used the word "human demons" to describe monsters.

As for the final part of the story, Alcy's only way to win is to go "beyond good and evil". The characters after that mention about the "outside power", which I think it means the players themselves, that help rewrite the universe.

Another interpretation is that the "void beyond good and evil" represents the concept of Nirvana according to Buddhism. If you observe carefully, both Alcy's POWER IV form and Tseng boss fight have strong Buddhist inspirations. Alcy's hair clip is literally the Dharma wheel, while Tseng's 8 minions represent 8 worldly concerns. Tseng represents the dukkha/suffering itself while Alcy represents the attempt to break free from it (hence the wish for a happy world).

Akren

Aug 25, 2019
Pretty interesting that you use the words "spirit" and "demon", rather than "monsters". And coindicentally, the JP version used the word "human demons" to describe monsters.

As for the final part of the story, Alcy's only way to win is to go "beyond good and evil". The characters after that mention about the "outside power", which I think it means the players themselves, that help rewrite the universe.

Another interpretation is that the "void beyond good and evil" represents the concept of Nirvana according to Buddhism. If you observe carefully, both Alcy's POWER IV form and Tseng boss fight have strong Buddhist inspirations. Alcy's hair clip is literally the Dharma wheel, while Tseng's 8 minions represent 8 worldly concerns. Tseng represents the dukkha/suffering itself while Alcy represents the attempt to break free from it (hence the wish for a happy world).
>spirit and demon vs monsters
While the tl’s have no concerns about calling the faction as a whole monsters, i find it a bit odd to attribute “monster” to something that more approaches an eldritch god like TCO, since monster in my mind is usually a bit… idk, lesser? Like, TCO is monstrous but it’s way above the level of just “a monster,” whether in terms of intent and intelligence or sheer power, and this is approaching that level, so.
Also i think it’s referenced as the spirit of the world in-game, but i wasn’t paying quite that much attention.

>endgame
yeah i was a bit tapped out. actually, hardclosing during the fight and reopening works as well, which makes it slightly less cool (oops, i forgor how to read) but yeah the meta-layer stuff was a bit unexpected for me since this game was mostly standard rpgm (albeit pretty cool rpgm but still, funger and oneshot has a wide enough gulf)

>void
yeah i don’t know enough about buddhism to comment about this.

Ex-s Gundam

Aug 15, 2018
hey, i just noticed, in v1.03 when im wearing the slave training outfit then flirt with the lazy man beside the bridge at the guild area, I see a flash of the sex scene of her straddling him on the slave training outfit then instantly changes to her naked form. is that a bug? thanks in advance!

boboverlord

Sep 16, 2020
>spirit and demon vs monsters
While the tl’s have no concerns about calling the faction as a whole monsters, i find it a bit odd to attribute “monster” to something that more approaches an eldritch god like TCO, since monster in my mind is usually a bit… idk, lesser? Like, TCO is monstrous but it’s way above the level of just “a monster,” whether in terms of intent and intelligence or sheer power, and this is approaching that level, so.
Also i think it’s referenced as the spirit of the world in-game, but i wasn’t paying quite that much attention.

>endgame
yeah i was a bit tapped out. actually, hardclosing during the fight and reopening works as well, which makes it slightly less cool (oops, i forgor how to read) but yeah the meta-layer stuff was a bit unexpected for me since this game was mostly standard rpgm (albeit pretty cool rpgm but still, funger and oneshot has a wide enough gulf)

>void
yeah i don’t know enough about buddhism to comment about this.
My funny MTL screenshot of JP version

1696283477680.png

Reactions: Akren

Burningdark

Apr 7, 2020
So which of the unicorn gears are used to make other items later on? Is it just the weapons, or is the equipment worth going for as well?

boboverlord

Sep 16, 2020
So which of the unicorn gears are used to make other items later on? Is it just the weapons, or is the equipment worth going for as well?
For the crafted unicorn gears, just the weapons (which themselves are materials for even stronger weapons).

Supernova + 3 other weapons (including unicorn) + dragon pulse = Supernova DC
Supernova DC + Append materials = Supernova PC
Supernova PC + ultra endgame materials = Alcy's staff (final weapon)

Reactions: Lurkin23

Burningdark

Apr 7, 2020
For the crafted unicorn gears, just the weapons (which themselves are materials for even stronger weapons).

Supernova + 3 other weapons (including unicorn) + dragon pulse = Supernova DC
Supernova DC + Append materials = Supernova PC
Supernova PC + ultra endgame materials = Alcy's staff (final weapon)
Good to know, thanks! Is remaining a virgin the only way to collect unicorn horns, or are you able to fight it for them too?

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Stun effect C-skill only works for enemies using lewd skills. The tutorial even said this. Skills that unconditionally "stun" enemies will use the word "incapacitate" instead.
Again: I have not been talking about the stun status effect. I'm talking about the skill that is literally described in the game as preventing lewd and restraining attacks.

Maybe you guys had some effects or equipment or something I didn't have, I don't know how else to describe it than the two different ways I've tried. The skill does not work in all cases. Enemies show that their next attack is a lewd/restraint, I use Stun Effect (hell, I used it 4x for all four opening moves as a test--same result) and it seemingly affects nothing. The enemy's turn comes up, they use a restraining attack just like they telegraphed, and it succeeds. Alcy is restrained.

Best example: Try it in the final boss fight, against the orcs for example. Stun Effect C-Skill never, not once, blocked restraining attacks for me in that fight.

It was equally ineffective in several other fights. Not really sure how else I can say this. No clue why no one else had this issue, maybe you would like me to record a clip in Steelseries or something and upload it here for proof, seems like that's what it's going to take to convince folks that the skill fuckin' sucks. lol

As for the planet core, you can get it in lewd runs. I suppose you don't intend to stay LIMIT 0 forever, do you?
I did for that run. Passive aggressive much? Good lordt

Burningdark

Apr 7, 2020
Again: I have not been talking about the stun status effect. I'm talking about the skill that is literally described in the game as preventing lewd and restraining attacks.

Maybe you guys had some effects or equipment or something I didn't have, I don't know how else to describe it than the two different ways I've tried. The skill does not work in all cases. Enemies show that their next attack is a lewd/restraint, I use Stun Effect (hell, I used it 4x for all four opening moves as a test--same result) and it seemingly affects nothing. The enemy's turn comes up, they use a restraining attack just like they telegraphed, and it succeeds. Alcy is restrained.

Best example: Try it in the final boss fight, against the orcs for example. Stun Effect C-Skill never, not once, blocked restraining attacks for me in that fight.

It was equally ineffective in several other fights. Not really sure how else I can say this. No clue why no one else had this issue, maybe you would like me to record a clip in Steelseries or something and upload it here for proof, seems like that's what it's going to take to convince folks that the skill fuckin' sucks. lol

I did for that run. Passive aggressive much? Good lordt
I'm not very far into the game, but I think the lewd stun probably works the way other debuffs do in that the shown % chance is then modified by your spatial influence compared to the target's. Sometimes mine works and sometimes it doesn't against the same enemy, but I've found that I have way better success after stacking spatial influence buffs/debuffs and farming the stat gain items from the training ground.

Reactions: aifman7

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not very far into the game, but I think the lewd stun probably works the way other debuffs do in that the shown % chance is then modified by your spatial influence compared to the target's. Sometimes mine works and sometimes it doesn't against the same enemy, but I've found that I have way better success after stacking spatial influence buffs/debuffs and farming the stat gain items from the training ground.
Thanks! That's something I definitely hadn't considered and honestly that would perfectly explain why it wasn't working. I didn't put two and two together to realize that low spatial influence was probably the cause. I was using the ASI:Muscle equipment on both Alcy and her cell which reduces spatial influence to 1.

Hadn't really noticed a difference elsewhere in combat (every common fight was over in 1-2 rounds anyway), and I didn't really understand what spatial influence did in the first place. Muscle's description states that "buffs will be affected" but I didn't connect the dots. All of my other buffs and protection effects were seemingly working fine (though in hindsight I assume now that they likely weren't as effective as they could have been if spatial influence hadn't been nerfed)

I appreciate you clearing up my frustration and confusion :)

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Reading through the game's text I'm getting the feeling that it was MTL'd. It reads so unnatural and difficult.

Burningdark

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks! That's something I definitely hadn't considered and honestly that would perfectly explain why it wasn't working. I didn't put two and two together to realize that low spatial influence was probably the cause. I was using the ASI:Muscle equipment on both Alcy and her cell which reduces spatial influence to 1.

Hadn't really noticed a difference elsewhere in combat (every common fight was over in 1-2 rounds anyway), and I didn't really understand what spatial influence did in the first place. Muscle's description states that "buffs will be affected" but I didn't connect the dots. All of my other buffs and protection effects were seemingly working fine (though in hindsight I assume now that they likely weren't as effective as they could have been if spatial influence hadn't been nerfed)

I appreciate you clearing up my frustration and confusion :)
No worries! I can't say for sure it works that way, but it would make sense if the game considers the lewd stun to be a debuff. I definitely noticed an increase in my success in landing debuffs in general when I took ASI:Muscle off of my Cell.

There's a breakdown for how spatial influence is calculated somewhere in the notebook, but it pretty much boils down to you wanting more of it than your opponent if you want better success with debuffs. Even a listed 50% stun with the water skill can be more or less guaranteed with enough of a spatial influence difference.

• Red Heart
Reactions: aifman7

flynn1986

Dec 4, 2022
you don't need to be a virgin to complete ending A however the item you get by completing it as a virgin allows you to make a useful gear in the last story DLC
Seriously? You get locked out of shit in the dlc unless you complete a virgin run?

fyreant

Jun 19, 2022
Guys, please use spoiler tags when discussing the later stages of storylines, especially the main game storyline. In contrast to most h-games this one actually does put a decent amount of effort into developing the characters, establishing narrative themes, foreshadowing and so on. No, it isn't some kind of storytelling masterpiece, but it's part of the enjoyment of the game, just like the surprisingly-well-balanced-and-interesting combat is part of the enjoyment.

4.60 star(s) 33 Votes