Others Predation [v0.2.1.0] [HornedLizardStudios, Veronika Repo]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes
May 21, 2019
The light of a particular candle to the left of the bar shines through the player
This is unfortunately a limitation of the light engine we use, since GMS2 doesn't have one built-in. I cannot fix it, but we tried to add very few items that would highlight this issue.

J55555

Dec 31, 2019
Played the 2.0.3 version, and here are some more things:
  • After entering the pharmacy, going back through the door you came in from unavoidably adds a large portion to the infection meter and can cause an instant ko if it was already high enough. The area in front of the door also slowly adds to the infection meter despite no gas being visible
    • I also realized from this that getting knocked down and knocked out does not cause the "e to interact" button to disappear even though you can't use it
  • Not sure if this is intentional or not, but it seems like you can greatly increase escape speed by hitting both left&right arrow keys and A&D keys at the same time
  • Entering the track control room resets health, lust, infection, and inventory, but goes back to normal when exiting
  • The new jump height, while consistent, makes the jump in "2nd platform right" onto the wrecked train car very difficult if not impossible (I haven't been able to do it)
    • Scratch that, turns out my laptop just ran the game exceptionally slow that time, though I should note that a lot of things, not just jump height, get screwy with lower fps (even spawn points after entering doors)
    • For whatever reason, this version runs slower on my laptop, and the fps gets worse the longer I play it (in 2.0.2 it got significantly worse when I reached the boss, but time didn't seem to be a factor)
  • So I can't get to the boss in this version, but I noticed something new from the last version that wasn't in the changelog: if you get up by pressing any button during the boss fight then, unlike other enemies, the boss can grapple you while in the "getting up" animation. If he does this, then you can no longer get up, even after escaping. The prompt to press any button to get up doesn't appear, and you're stuck in a loop of grappled and not grappled until you give up and game over
  • If you stay within melee range of the boss, he never activates the gas. You can pretty easily tank the boss and just spam kick and escape grapple until you win.
  • Normal game music does not stop playing upon entering the boss room and actually overshadows the boss fight music.
  • Also, there's one spot you can accidentally fall off the map and... wait, oh... oh god...
Not bug but general suggestion:
  • The new, permanent infection meter can make the boss fight extra difficult depending on playstyle. First playthrough I wanted to see some animations which gave me a high infection meter by the boss fight. This made the boss fight rather unforgiving, not being able to be in the gas for more than one second, and an insta ko if hit by a throwable. This also made me realize that the grapple is too easy, being able to escape before my infection meter even started increasing. In general, having a permanent (at least for the level), irreducible game over condition seems unforgiving for people who want to see the animations outside the gallery. However, if you're married to the current mechanic, I still think there should be at least one infection reducer right before the boss
Also, if you don't mind answering, how many decals are there?

Last edited:

J55555

Dec 31, 2019
Almost everything in the game is considered a sprite because that's how GMS2 works. And we have around 900~ ish unique, hand draw sprites, but most of them are unused. For now.
My bad, I was referring to the interactables/collectibles. Appreciate the info, though. Only now noticed the text that appears at the bottom of the screen. Although, another bug, that text doesn't completely fit on the screen.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019
My bad, I was referring to the interactables/collectibles. Appreciate the info, though. Only now noticed the text that appears at the bottom of the screen. Although, another bug, that text doesn't completely fit on the screen.
Ohh that one, yea that's a small secret I put in at the last minute. You need to get 3 I think? And I'll fix the text position thank you!

Reactions: J55555
May 21, 2019
Since we posted on all of our platforms, I thought I'd give you guys a brief rundown too!

We are finishing up a few more things, fixing some bugs that mostly you guys found (thank you!) and adding a secret. One of which, include a full lewd animation featuring a long time supporter's character, but it's going to be hidden. Not hidden as in, through censoring, but hidden through gameplay means, you'll have to discover it yourself!

Once that's finished and implemented, we will release for all of our supporters for 2 weeks, but once again I'll be providing a link here as well, after all the help during the testing phase from here, I'm really grateful!

I can't promise a proper release date, but we WANT to release this week.

(Ps: Oh and I'm working on the Android version too, for later)

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
Since we posted on all of our platforms, I thought I'd give you guys a brief rundown too!

We are finishing up a few more things, fixing some bugs that mostly you guys found (thank you!) and adding a secret. One of which, include a full lewd animation featuring a long time supporter's character, but it's going to be hidden. Not hidden as in, through censoring, but hidden through gameplay means, you'll have to discover it yourself!

Once that's finished and implemented, we will release for all of our supporters for 2 weeks, but once again I'll be providing a link here as well, after all the help during the testing phase from here, I'm really grateful!

I can't promise a proper release date, but we WANT to release this week.

(Ps: Oh and I'm working on the Android version too, for later)
It's awesome that things are going well for you.
Good luck with the release and thanks for you hard work!

K1ngSlay3r

Jan 1, 2018
this is a very dumb question, but where can i join the discord server? i remember there being a discord server for this

Sep 10, 2021
I'm getting an error on opening the gallery in version 1.2.2:
Predation Gallery Launch Error Message.jpg
Don't know if this is a bad install, my computer, or I just need to git gud.

May 21, 2019
View attachment 1752081
This type of error message can signal two things. Either you're using an integrated Intel GPU which is not supported by the game, or you're missing some DirectX files. Try to launch a few games on steam, that generally installs everything you need automatically.

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
View attachment 1752081
Try installing DirectX runtime

Also try updating GPU drivers
nVidia:
AMD:
Intel:

EDIT: added wrong link for intel, but its fixed now. make sure to filter for your specific iGPU

Alioth sol

Jul 27, 2020
Here's the 2.0.3 version with some crash fixes and some small bits here and there.

Changelog:
Code:
-Fixed one of the Easter Eggs crashing the game
-Fixed a crash that occurred when pressing Z on the boss endgame screen
-Fixed inconsistent jumping heights, making a few jumps difficult, especially for players with low FPS
-Fixed a few layer issues where some assets would appear to be in front of Amber that shouldn’t be
-Fixed Amber slowly floating on the ground if she’s exhausted mid-air. Now she plops down at full speed
-Fixed a doorway with miss aligned collisions, no longer requiring the player to jump or run to go through it
-Fixed Amber being able to push her head through the ceiling in the backhalls
-Fixed hearts spawning over the enemies even after they died or got knocked out
-Added a failsafe in case an incorrect room name is entered for the loadmap command (I know some of you already found it :P)
Thank you guys for all the feedback!
the anonfiles links are no longer available, could you put them up?

Niffy Fox

Jun 22, 2017
The version that's still shown is outdated. If you read back the thread, I've posted a few updates since then, these are the latest ones, we're still working on actually getting it out, since the ones here are bugtests.
So I cant enable it? I just need to wait till the subcribestar version is released?

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes