Jun 18, 2017
The ingame ui and the environment except for the characters are blurry like low res images. I've everything set on ultra. How do I fix the issue?

Darrel Caper

Jun 5, 2017
Is it possible to save edit? Tried editing a save in notepad and some variables are there but simply typing over a number with the exact same number breaks the save. Also, the cheats seem underwhelming when it comes to altering combat. Increasing my level doesn't do anything other than let me pick a few more moves.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Everyday that passes I lose more faith in the devs, its almost been 3 months since the devs released a public build. In that time they released Patreon 8 January 3rd. Presumably well get the next public build a week after, or the same time as Patreon 9, however its going to have locked content behind it.

Tip for the devs, your model of having animations a version behind the Patreon version is fine. That's assuming you actually release a public build a week after every build. Why didn't you release Patreon 7 for the public a week after Patreon 8? I cant tell if you guys are scummy, forgetful, or there's something else going on.

I can only imagine the amount of paywalled scenes in Patreon 9 we wont see for 6 months.

rewyb

Sep 22, 2017
Everyday that passes I lose more faith in the devs, its almost been 3 months since the devs released a public build. In that time they released Patreon 8 January 3rd. Presumably well get the next public build a week after, or the same time as Patreon 9, however its going to have locked content behind it.

Tip for the devs, your model of having animations a version behind the Patreon version is fine. That's assuming you actually release a public build a week after every build. Why didn't you release Patreon 7 for the public a week after Patreon 8? I cant tell if you guys are scummy, forgetful, or there's something else going on.

I can only imagine the amount of paywalled scenes in Patreon 9 we wont see for 6 months.
Just wondering, since this has been brought up multiple times, and I can't seem to find anything on their patreon or whatever.
Did they actually say anything of the sort of "releasing public builds a set time after their patreon only builds"? Because if not, I wonder why you'd call them scummy or forgetful. On the contrary, it sounds to me like you're trying to guilt-trip them into doing that, which'd be the only scummy thing here. This is all assuming I simply haven't missed a statement of theirs, as I said. If I did, then my sincere apologies.

And I can't say I like it either, but if that's how they want to roll and people are willing to go along with it, it's their call. It's the same bs big companies like EA pull(-ed?). And I know it sucks to be one of the few that suffer because of enough people being dumb, but that's sadly how it is.
Feel free to call it out, but stick to the facts, else you're not much better.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Just wondering, since this has been brought up multiple times, and I can't seem to find anything on their patreon or whatever.
Did they actually say anything of the sort of "releasing public builds a set time after their patreon only builds"?
No you're right there's nothing that says A or B tier get this a build week ahead of the public build. I was just going off the last major to public release period. I guess my real point without the extra, is that if their going to lock content behind a paywall they could at least release a public build for every build instead of waiting for every major update. So people who want to support but cant don't have to wait 6 months just to have half the content behind a paywall.

The more I look into this game, the less I like the way its handled, despite the actual game being fantastic. I understand wanting to get paid, and I think they deserve 100x what they make, this just isn't the way though.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
The more I look into this game, the less I like the way its handled, despite the actual game being fantastic. I understand wanting to get paid, and I think they deserve 100x what they make, this just isn't the way though.
I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think you're entirely in your right here. The devs of Price for Freedom have chosen a release and payment model that works for their patrons, which is all that matters. You will be able to see all the scenes even if you choose not to support them, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. Sure, they might not release public builds with regularity, but that's their hard work and their choice. If you don't want to pay with money - pay with patience.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think you're entirely in your right here. The devs of Price for Freedom have chosen a release and payment model that works for their patrons, which is all that matters. You will be able to see all the scenes even if you choose not to support them, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. Sure, they might not release public builds with regularity, but that's their hard work and their choice. If you don't want to pay with money - pay with patience.
Just because something works doesn't mean it can't work better. EA's practices work for them despite being as bad for consumers as they are. However I don't think that's a good comparison, EA's practices squeezes out all the money they can, It doesn't in this case. Go look for yourself, the 2 biggest jumps are when the public builds are released. Its no secret that having your name at the top of the latest updates on this forum alone can bring in hundreds to a thousand dollars in the form of patrons alone; exposure is extremely important. Its not as good as it could be for anyone.

The combination of both paywall and sporadic release dates for Public is killing them more then it is helping. This game would easily be making triple what it is if the just handled their marketing better. The reason i'm so bent on this not because I want builds faster, but because I think its genuinely hindering them.

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
As for why public updates are sporadic is a whole group of reasons, but mainly because we foremost focused on finishing the game rather being stuck in early access limbo, so lots of our current time goes into production. Due structure of our public builds from technical side, it takes time to assemble each one, which will rob already limited time of our programmer and delay production of new builds.
This approach may or may not hinder our success on patreon, i will not speculate which version is most likely as of right now but everyone can have any opinion they want. We plan revisiting our marketing efforts later on and they definitely will need changes, but i cannot tell when and i cannot tell what will change.

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Yeah, and most of traffic came from Newgrounds, which require webgl build. Which takes A LOT of time to bug hunt and make relatively stable(public7 took several weeks to port to webgl). Not mentioning that both public update included big chunks of new content, while smaller updates in summ potentially might bring more people but you will not get same burst per each small update. There's always lots of small nuances which are easy to miss, is why even i with all extra info cannot properly judge situation completely without sinking lots of workhours into it.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yeah, and most of traffic came from Newgrounds, which require webgl build. Which takes A LOT of time to bug hunt and make relatively stable(public7 took several weeks to port to webgl). Not mentioning that both public update included big chunks of new content, while smaller updates in summ potentially might bring more people but you will not get same burst per each small update. There's always lots of small nuances which are easy to miss, is why even i with all extra info cannot properly judge situation completely without sinking lots of workhours into it.
You know I was like there's no way that's true, but it is. This thread only has 200k views whilst the 2 games on Newground's has 300k. However could the reason your Webgl builds take so long to build is because you let so much work pile up? When you ignore it for 4 Patreon builds and only decide to port it on the Major update of course its going to take a minute. For example if you had the 3 previous small builds ported it might not have taken as long.

Reactions: Valaska

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Sadly it doesnt work like this, each build brings in extra new work because each time you have chance to break something retroactively, need to do test run for each build, building\rebuilding\uploading and other misc stuff.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes