4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I love the setting and its lore. The AI shenanigans can be fun or dark. The girls are nice although that department can use some variety (Blondes). Now the MC started good enough but he is turning into a snow flower. Now he's regrets about killing a dude who challenged him to duel for his waifu :FacePalm:
Sometimes I miss the blank slate MCs. At least that way you can pretend your MC is a stoic dude and not some whiny bitch.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Sometimes I miss the blank slate MCs. At least that way you can pretend your MC is a stoic dude and not some whiny bitch.
The great irony of whining about the MC being a whiny bitch, just like a whiny little bitch.
I'd give you a good faith argument, but I ran out of fucks the last 3 times this was brought up. You aren't actually that tough, you wouldn't be that unaffected by killing someone, and as Zaya said the one's who aren't are the fucked up ones. Quit being a whiny little bitch complaining about an MC having basic human emotions.

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
Don't know if this has been asked and answered, but will the Harem-Path be a "Catch-them-ALL" harem or will there only be a few selected ?
There are so many beatiful women in this game so it will be hard to choose :p (Oh and I'm asking for a friend) :LOL:

Fatman07

Jul 4, 2022
Great chapter dev! The build up to the ambush scene was excellently done. The LIs also have depth and real personalities and not just cock-worshipper idiots.

Looking forward for the next update. Good Job!

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I love the setting and its lore. The AI shenanigans can be fun or dark. The girls are nice although that department can use some variety (Blondes). Now the MC started good enough but he is turning into a snow flower. Now he's regrets about killing a dude who challenged him to duel for his waifu :FacePalm:
I'm not sure where you're coming up with this stuff, but it's literally not even true. A normal person can't just go around killing people with no remorse/regrets. Even highly-trained soldiers suffer from PTSD, forget about some village hunter. Any normal person would feel bad about killing people, even if they don't regret doing it - you can be forced to do something to protect yourself/your loved ones and wish you weren't put in that situation.

Anyways, this isn't the first time you've expressed the sentiment. If having a MC with somewhat-realistic emotional responses to taking sometimes life triggers you this much, you should probably go find a different game. Maybe in a game like COD or Doom you'll have faceless/emotionless MCs who just slaughter their enemies without a second thought, but this is a game that tries to keep to some level of realistic behavior. If people who experience PTSD are whiny bitches in your opinion, I just don't think you're emotionally mature enough to handle this game. :rolleyes:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Don't know if this has been asked and answered, but will the Harem-Path be a "Catch-them-ALL" harem or will there only be a few selected ?
There are so many beatiful women in this game so it will be hard to choose :p (Oh and I'm asking for a friend) :LOL:
There's 3 paths, Maria solo, Maria and Emelia, and the harem path with those two plus I believe Lune and Zaya. So it's not catch em all in the sense that you (probably?) won't be bedding the maids and cooks at Maria's estate, but it's catch em all in the sense that you end up with all the actual LIs.

Reactions: bryonsmothers3DX

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
I'm not sure where you're coming up with this stuff, but it's literally not even true. A normal person can't just go around killing people with no remorse/regrets. Even highly-trained soldiers suffer from PTSD, forget about some village hunter. Any normal person would feel bad about killing people, even if they don't regret doing it - you can be forced to do something to protect yourself/your loved ones and wish you weren't put in that situation.

Anyways, this isn't the first time you've expressed the sentiment. If having a MC with somewhat-realistic emotional responses to taking sometimes life triggers you this much, you should probably go find a different game. Maybe in a game like COD or Doom you'll have faceless/emotionless MCs who just slaughter their enemies without a second thought, but this is a game that tries to keep to some level of realistic behavior. If people who experience PTSD are whiny bitches in your opinion, I just don't think you're emotionally mature enough to handle this game. :rolleyes:
Completely agree - I thought it made the MC much more believable.
Most firing squads have at least one blank shot so that people can rationalise that they were not the one to kill the victim. Also, it has been known since the time of the Napoleonic wars that only a minority of infantry soldiers directly shot to kill, most people only kill (and we are all capable of it) if they are backed into a corner.
Professional armies do not want recruits who are keen to kill - and go to great lengths to exclude them - as they are often a greater threat to their own side rather than to the enemy.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

I'm just expressing my opinion of the last update. The previous one had the same problem imo so I prolly said the same about it. If you read my post you can see that I say mostly good things about the game. My only criticism is the MC attitude in the last two updates. I don't know why you get triggered so much by a bit of criticism. It's fine if you think your writing is perfect but let me tell you that projecting today's sensibilities into medieval times comes of a bit childish.

Last edited:

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Okay, time to finally post my thoughts on this game. I played chapter 1-13 in one go, over a couple of days a couple of weeks back. Loved it.

First off, the game is wholesome as fuck. These characters are human and they genuinely care about each other. Of course, other games do that too, but to me, it's just the right amount.

The setting is awesome and I can't wait to see what happens next. The current discussion / issue around metal is very interesting to me, and I wonder how they'll solve that problem. Personally I agreed with Emilia and Legacy. Only a matter of time until people go from building farmer's tools to guns, unless regulated. But how? Through religion, or a benevolent dictatorship with the Daltons in charge? The AIs could be inherited by MCs and Maria's / Emilia's children, and inherited by theirs etc. through generations, guiding humanity.

A, to me, big thing I noticed this update was that the MC didn't rely on Legacy during the ambush. The strength and reflexes are borrowed, of course, but it was all on our MC to make his decisions and to shoot and land his arrows. Also, in the rain, easily led the group back to the hideout. He's great, even when Legacy takes a backseat. A little fear of mine was that the group would have the AI handle every difficult situation and to make every difficult decision (aside from the moral/ethical ones).

I also like the renders a lot. They're pleasant to look at, which may sound weird, but maybe it's the lighting or the smoothness. The MCs model I think I've seen before, a couple of times, but Maria, Emilia, Zaya and Lune all seem very "fresh" to me, as in, they're very different from the models that I'm used to. I especially like Emilia. Her eyebrows make her very likable and warm to me, and they fit her personality and what she's been through perfectly.

Of course, there are things to criticize, too. Emilia feels like an uncomfortable third wheel to me right now, and considering there are 14 chapters, which are a lot, I'd wish for a faster development of her route knowing the story's development doesn't give much space to that yet. Maria's still very jealous and kind of.. uptight? Maria is 100% going to be the one to bring it up and initialize it, so I hope that those seeds will be sown in her mind, soon.

Aside from that, the only thing that bothered me in some way was the benign narrative voice that kind of pulled me out of the story every time it appeared. The background info was nice, but it seemed off to me, in some way, breaking the immersion almost.

And that's it. It's a great game that I trust will be here for quite some time, judging the current pace, which makes me look forward to its future.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I'm just expressing my opinion of the last update. The previous one had the same problem imo so I prolly said the same about it. If you read my post you can see that I say mostly good things about the game. My only criticism is the MC attitude in the last two updates. I don't know why you get triggered so much by a bit of criticism. It's fine if you think your writing is perfect but let me tell you that projecting today's sensibilities into medieval times comes of a bit childish.
Well, when you call the MC a "snow flower" and "whiny bitch", it is understandable that the dev, who wrote his character and dialog, might not consider your criticism constructive.

I'll just second (or third) what most everyone else around here is saying. The MC is a small game hunter, barely into adulthood, raised in a religious fundamentalist, seemingly pre-industrial culture, who is completely isolated from the rest of the world. He is not the Terminator or John Wick. If anything, I think the MC is handling the situation more calmly than most, considering his age and background.

Imagine if you were hiding out in the forest, after being accused of some minor crime like stealing from a convenience store, perhaps it was mistaken identity and you were innocent, and a guard showed up looking for you and your girlfriend, and you shot and killed the man with a bow and arrow so you wouldn't be found (making you a murderer). Would you simply say, "oh well, I didn't want to be captured, so it's all justified", and immediately forget about it? Maybe that is you, but that certainly would not be a normal reaction. Nearly anyone human would justifiably regret killing an innocent person, and have second thoughts and nightmares about it.

Last edited:

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Reactions: sava75 and zeph19

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well, when you call the MC a "snow flower" and "whiny bitch", it is understandable that the dev, who wrote his character and dialog, might not consider your criticism constructive.

I'll just second (or third) what most everyone else around here is saying. The MC is a small game hunter, barely into adulthood, raised in a religious fundamentalist, seemingly pre-industrial culture, who is completely isolated from the rest of the world. He is not the Terminator or John Wick. If anything, I think the MC is handling the situation more calmly than most, considering his age and background.

Imagine if you were hiding out in the forest, after being accused of some minor crime like stealing from a convenience store, perhaps it was mistaken identity and you were innocent, and a guard showed up looking for you and your girlfriend, and you shot and killed the man with a bow and arrow so you wouldn't be found (making you a murderer). Would you simply say, "oh well, I didn't want to be captured, so it's all justified", and immediately forget about it? Maybe that is you, but that certainly would not be a normal reaction. Nearly anyone human would justifiably regret killing an innocent person, and have second thoughts and nightmares about it.
Idk but when I think about medieval fantasy I don't picture characters like college dudes for example. I mean in terms of personality, fears, desires and so on. Think about it, we're talking about a dark age of witch hunts and pestilence.
Yes, the MC killed a couple of dudes. One in a duel and another who was ready to torture his girlfriends, on top of that he was already a vector for the mystereous illness. That would have an impact on anyone from our civilized society. But idk if a hunter from year 999 would react like the MC did in that situation.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes