4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Idk but when I think about medieval fantasy I don't picture characters like college dudes for example. I mean in terms of personality, fears, desires and so on. Think about it, we're talking about a dark age of witch hunts and pestilence.
Yes, the MC killed a couple of dudes. One in a duel and another who was ready to torture his girlfriends, on top of that he was already a vector for the mystereous illness. That would have an impact on anyone from our civilized society. But idk if a hunter from year 999 would react like the MC did in that situation.
Riiiiiigggghhhhhttttt because it's modern conveniences that leave modern soldiers with PTSD and not the horrific kill or be killed scenarios, watching the comrades die and viewing atrocities against both enemies and civilians all under extreme duress. Those damn microwaves and king sized sheets are what's doing our soldiers in and definitely not the constant repeat traumas and threats to them and their friend's lives.
Back to my previous argument, quit fetishizing pre industrial psychology. The MC existing without a steam engine isn't going to affect their capacity for emotions. Them being a hunter isn't going to affect their capacity for emotions. The MC is a sensitive enough person outside of combat that even ignoring the outright insanity of your argument, there's no reason to expect they wouldn't be affected like this.

You've spent the last 2 updates arguing with the dev and most of the fan base about this exact point. I might be misremembering this but I'm pretty sure the mods even purged most of the last debate, just drop it already. The dev disagrees with you and has already stated they're happy with their characters reactions. You arent changing anyone's mind about it so just drop it, this debate is spam at this point.

Nov 12, 2021
Wtf i downloaded the files and it's not the correct game ? Am i the only one with this problem ? The compressed version is correct, but the "hd" one gives you a different game

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Wtf i downloaded the files and it's not the correct game ? Am i the only one with this problem ? The compressed version is correct, but the "hd" one gives you a different game
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about - there's no HD version of the game listed on the OP. Maybe you clicked on the DL for another game and got them mixed up or something? IDK...

Reactions: sava75

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Riiiiiigggghhhhhttttt because it's modern conveniences that leave modern soldiers with PTSD and not the horrific kill or be killed scenarios, watching the comrades die and viewing atrocities against both enemies and civilians all under extreme duress. Those damn microwaves and king sized sheets are what's doing our soldiers in and definitely not the constant repeat traumas and threats to them and their friend's lives.
Back to my previous argument, quit fetishizing pre industrial psychology. The MC existing without a steam engine isn't going to affect their capacity for emotions. Them being a hunter isn't going to affect their capacity for emotions. The MC is a sensitive enough person outside of combat that even ignoring the outright insanity of your argument, there's no reason to expect they wouldn't be affected like this.

You've spent the last 2 updates arguing with the dev and most of the fan base about this exact point. I might be misremembering this but I'm pretty sure the mods even purged most of the last debate, just drop it already. The dev disagrees with you and has already stated they're happy with their characters reactions. You arent changing anyone's mind about it so just drop it, this debate is spam at this point.
Yeah, you convinced me, men in the Middle Ages were preoccupied about their carbon footprint, child labour and other humanitarian issues :KEK:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yeah, you convinced me, men in the Middle Ages were preoccupied about their carbon footprint, child labour and other humanitarian issues :KEK:
Am I wrong in thinking you missed the part of the plot that explains that this isn't in the past, but in the Future? That even after and during the Fall of Civilization, some modern values and ideas passed through?

I may be wrong in assuming you missed it, maybe you "ignored" it and went with "It looks medieval, it is medieval" kind of thought. Or, maybe you just used a bit of reductionism to make a point, pretending you didn't understood it was in the Future.

Anything is possible I guess, only you can say what you had in mind. However, know that your jab at the story is not correct and missed the plot by a whole continent.

Good try tho.

Peace :(

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Am I wrong in thinking you missed the part of the plot that explains that this isn't in the past, but in the Future? That even after and during the Fall of Civilization, some modern values and ideas passed through?

I may be wrong in assuming you missed it, maybe you "ignored" it and went with "It looks medieval, it is medieval" kind of thought. Or, maybe you just used a bit of reductionism to make a point, pretending you didn't understood it was in the Future.

Anything is possible I guess, only you can say what you had in mind. However, know that your jab at the story is not correct and missed the plot by a whole continent.

Good try tho.

Peace :(
I know they live in a dystopian future but on a cultural and industrial level they're back in the Dark Ages. Religious nutcases, Knights and duels, witch hunts and so on. Not exactly the Dark Ages because there are mutants but you get the idea.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I know they live in a dystopian future but on a cultural and industrial level they're back in the Dark Ages. Religious nutcases, Knights and duels, witch hunts and so on. Not exactly the Dark Ages because there are mutants but you get the idea.
I do, I really do. That's why your jab felt a bit out of place.

When faced with the realities, as presented by Legacy, the MC was able to grasp the concepts and understand them. So, maybe he's in a rather bleak society with way more restrictions that even the Middle Ages, but all 3 of them were able to understand what was at stake and what could be the consequences.

They aren't dumb, they are uninformed. It is a rather different situation.

Peace :)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I do, I really do. That's why your jab felt a bit out of place.

When faced with the realities, as presented by Legacy, the MC was able to grasp the concepts and understand them. So, maybe he's in a rather bleak society with way more restrictions that even the Middle Ages, but all 3 of them were able to understand what was at stake and what could be the consequences.

They aren't dumb, they are uninformed. It is a rather different situation.

Oh, never did I say they were dumb. My point is they don't live in a society with our modern moral values. Things like the Church witch hunts are proof of it.
If the pious ones are capable of such things what can we expect from commoners or knights?

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Oh, never did I say they were dumb. My point is they don't live in a society with our modern moral values. Things like the Church witch hunts are proof of it.
If the pious ones are capable of such things what can we expect from commoners or knights?
You know, values relativism is one of my pet passions in Sci-Fi. Few authors do it right. It's not a easy feat, to be honest. Estimate the evolution of values after a societal crash, or any other form of cataclysm, without being mired with our present values, and the hardest part of all this, without losing the readers ability to connect and understand why it is how it is.

In this case, while made with some artifices (Legacy and the other AI that I can't remember right now, lol) it was handled quite nicely. Not in a exhaustive way. The medium wouldn't support it, as we know quite well, but, it was quite well done.

There are some hints here and there that in spite of things being dire and very restricted, some values were able to be passed on and survive the necessities of adaptation to a new reality and the harshness of survival. I can't go into specifics, been a while since I played the beginnings and don't have a clear memory of the details, but, I remember them being there. It is something I do keep an eye on.

This story gained much in my respect because of that.

Reactions: slick97 and Ragnar

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
It's interesting seeing different takes on how the MC processes major events. Throwing my two cents into the ring, I didn't think his reactions to killing humans in Ch 13 and Ch 14 was out of character or even unexpected. Maria even makes it a point prod Michael about his mental state the night of the duel while offering him a confidante when he ultimately starts to feel guilty.

What was frustrating - but excellent storytelling - was the absolute lack of awareness from Michael regarding Maria's emotions. It took until the end of Ch 14 for him to finalize recognize the silent screams for help ever since the land mine incident in Ch 5 (at least I think it was Ch 5). The best explanation I can come up with is Legacy's own disillusionment with humanity is subconsciously affecting Michael's psyche, essentially removing part of his own humanity.

With all of that aside, Ch 14 introduces an interesting dilemma in the form of whether the AIs should intervene and assist in shaping humanity, or to let them progress naturally. Legacy raises a few issues which are hard to dispute considering the post apocalyptic setting, but Eve introduces a unique solution to avoid humanity repeating history. If the AIs intervened then it's possible they could guide humanity towards a progressive future, but it could also backfire spectacularly and result in more destruction. The same is true if they don't intervene; humanity will still develop and could potentially break their self destructive nature, or they could cause just as much harm as their ancestors.

Ultimately I believe siding with Eve will probably have a more positive than negative impact within the plot. I can't imagine a scenario where dishonesty and sabotage would result in anything other than carnage moving forward.

...and the hardest part of all this, without losing the readers ability to connect and understand why it is how it is.
This is absolutely the hardest part to get right when writing any fictional story. Only a few authors are successful in creating an entirely new world with values/beliefs that would fit the setting, and even fewer can maintain consistency with each chapter.

Nov 21, 2022
I will wait until the game is completed to make a review, but so far is one of my favourites on this site. Keep up the good work, and I wait with excitement what the future brings to this wonderful VN.

Although, I've read someone pointing out they don't like how the character reacts to certain things, like killing people even when in both occasions were out of necessity, and I wanted to make a brief point about it (it's not about who is wrong or right, do not worry). Honestly, I know myself would not react this way, but a thing people must learn, which anyone who reads novels already knows -in general, not only visual ones-, is that the character might be really different to you, in fact, too different sometimes. And that's completely fine, I think it adds to the story; to read it from a perspective you don't agree with, as long as their actions aren't deemed as inconsistent or stupid (and these two qualities being something the author did not plan, since you could potentially make a character that is inconsistent or stupid himself; but there's a difference between writing like shit and doing it without realising and then writing a character like that willingly, which would be easy to notice).

I think this is something you either learn to enjoy, or you just stop reading the stories that have characters like this. It's as easy as that, nobody is going to NTR your mother if you don't play this VN. Besides, I'm already doing it, and I don't like to share.

Zarkkill

Mar 8, 2019
I spotted this one and noticed it was recent. I'm a bit of a connoisseur so I thought I'd check it out. Now I've played games with some absolutely heinous tags, rape, loli, bestiality, but I was fucking horrified when I looked at the tags for this game. Never in all my years on this site have I ever seen something so abhorrent. This game has the handholding tag, which is just appalling, and it offends me that it's even allowed on this site.

You sir, are a disgusting human being with no morals.

halleluja10

Jan 8, 2020
I spotted this one and noticed it was recent. I'm a bit of a connoisseur so I thought I'd check it out. Now I've played games with some absolutely heinous tags, rape, loli, bestiality, but I was fucking horrified when I looked at the tags for this game. Never in all my years on this site have I ever seen something so abhorrent. This game has the handholding tag, which is just appalling, and it offends me that it's even allowed on this site.

You sir, are a disgusting human being with no morals.
Not to mention, but it even has HARDCORE handholding in it!
:p

Oct 17, 2022
Idk if its a bug or in android version, text size remains same and its really hard for me to read texts for longer time.

Ps: i have PC but I can't play avn on my pc due to some privacy issues! So android is only option for me.

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Idk if its a bug or in android version, text size remains same and its really hard for me to read texts for longer time.

Ps: i have PC but I can't play avn on my pc due to some privacy issues! So android is only option for me.
You can adjust text size in the game preferences. :)

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes