4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Alright, WHY would any normal ADULT individual feel the need to even MENTION that one shouldn't ogle or stare at a naked woman, AND have their LOVING spouse cover her husband's EYES like he was a CHILD to enforce that??
Since when is she jealous, OR THAT insecure?
I have been playing this from the start and just NOW came across shiit like this.
A couple of women drying themselves by a fire shouldn't even bat an eye to our main group, if he WAS looking at them, even staring ffs, WHY would his wife have ANY sort of issues at all?
She went from a super confident, self-assured woman in love with her husband, and LEADER of this group to an insecure immature child that doesn't trust him in the span of ONE frame.
THIS does not compute, does not make sense, because since the beginning she WASN'T like this at all.
Is there a new writer or something, if so get them to READ the dialog that leads up to this point for a better reference before they continue doing this?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Alright, WHY would any normal ADULT individual feel the need to even MENTION that one shouldn't ogle or stare at a naked woman, AND have their LOVING spouse cover her husband's EYES like he was a CHILD to enforce that??
Since when is she jealous, OR THAT insecure?
I have been playing this from the start and just NOW came across shiit like this.
A couple of women drying themselves by a fire shouldn't even bat an eye to our main group, if he WAS looking at them, even staring ffs, WHY would his wife have ANY sort of issues at all?
She went from a super confident, self-assured woman in love with her husband, and LEADER of this group to an insecure immature child that doesn't trust him in the span of ONE frame.
THIS does not compute, does not make sense, because since the beginning she WASN'T like this at all.
Is there a new writer or something, if so get them to READ the dialog that leads up to this point for a better reference before they continue doing this?
wut?
She was getting jealous of Emelia just for saying she liked the MC on their first expedition. They come from a puritanical pseudo-christian state that indoctrinates their believers into the idea that they're going to hell if they so much as ogle a naked woman before they marry. I don't think it's that hard to figure out why she covered her soon to be husbands eyes there, it takes quite a while to unlearn that kind of shit.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
wut?
She was getting jealous of Emelia just for saying she liked the MC on their first expedition. They come from a puritanical pseudo-christian state that indoctrinates their believers into the idea that they're going to hell if they so much as ogle a naked woman before they marry. I don't think it's that hard to figure out why she covered her soon to be husbands eyes there, it takes quite a while to unlearn that kind of shit.
I did say not THAT insecure, and she got over the Emelia issue mighty quickly as well...since she was behaving like an adult.
Coming from the Church-tells-you-what-to-think society would make her behavior understandable, if they never left that small dingy town, never met anyone, didn't have the Legion-Eve experience, hadn't learned anything beyond her barn, but she is not a little child, nor is her husband....well they weren't yesterday anyway.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I did say not THAT insecure, and she got over the Emelia issue mighty quickly as well...since she was behaving like an adult.
Coming from the Church-tells-you-what-to-think society would make her behavior understandable, if they never left that small dingy town, never met anyone, didn't have the Legion-Eve experience, hadn't learned anything beyond her barn, but she is not a little child, nor is her husband....well they weren't yesterday anyway.
And she's never before in her life seen two women so blatantly sinning like that. Emelia wasn't that much of a threat to her, so it didn't take her long to get over it. Before she can figure out if these two new women are a threat they're both naked in front of her husband.
Ya, she's moving on from the church ideology, but nobody unlearns a lifetime of indoctrination in a single intervention. Even if she knows better it takes time for that knowledge to sink into her to influence her behaviours.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
And she's never before in her life seen two women so blatantly sinning like that. Emelia wasn't that much of a threat to her, so it didn't take her long to get over it. Before she can figure out if these two new women are a threat they're both naked in front of her husband.
Ya, she's moving on from the church ideology, but nobody unlearns a lifetime of indoctrination in a single intervention. Even if she knows better it takes time for that knowledge to sink into her to influence her behaviours.
I can sort of understand why she would behave a little strange, though I still think it's off the wall since I expected her to be even MORE free of the church bullshiit by now and a far greater distance in the near future, especially with the help of the 2 inner-monologues, and see THATS what I am getting at, its a direct result of continuous exposure to the vast range of knowledge they have already enjoyed that's going to make it much easier to realize that religion is a crock of shiit.
I guess it really upset me since I figured she should never feel the need to behave like that BUT yes she still isnt free of the indoctrination...which I hope changes in the VERY near future.
Why hasn't Legion given all the ignorant backwater people a crash course in "HEY-your-religion-is-a-crock-of-shiit-so-you-shouldn't-be-doing-everything-they-say-since-they-are-just-using-it-to-control-unediucated-minds-like-you-ffs", by now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrD812

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I can sort of understand why she would behave a little strange, though I still think it's off the wall since I expected her to be even MORE free of the church bullshiit by now and a far greater distance in the near future, especially with the help of the 2 inner-monologues, and see THATS what I am getting at, its a direct result of continuous exposure to the vast range of knowledge they have already enjoyed that's going to make it much easier to realize that religion is a crock of shiit.
I guess it really upset me since I figured she should never feel the need to behave like that BUT yes she still isnt free of the indoctrination...which I hope changes in the VERY near future.
Why hasn't Legion given all the ignorant backwater people a crash course in "HEY-your-religion-is-a-crock-of-shiit-so-you-shouldn't-be-doing-everything-they-say-since-they-are-just-using-it-to-control-unediucated-minds-like-you-ffs", by now.
I did name the next chapter "Revelations", FWIW. I imagine a few things might be revealed then. :censored:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I do not understand what is strange about it. I do not know many woman or man alive today who would not object to two attractive random strangers of the opposite sex suddenly stripping naked in front of their partner. It's human monogamy 101.

Anyone who has ever been in a relationship will tell you that if anything she took it quite well.

I mean how would your boy/girlfriend react if you invited someone over for dinner and they just stripped naked at the table? There are very few cultures where that sort of thing would not illicit a strong response of jealousy and outrage.

I can imagine several reasons why not. Most of them boiling down to the fact that most humans tend to react very negatively to being told their core beliefs are garbage directly. Especially if it's the first impression.

And whilst it's natural for the characters to be questioning their faith at this point you should not underestimate just how strong or strange faith is. Emilia could just have easily gone full zealot and concluded that god almighty had set her on the track toward meeting the MC all along. And that it was all a higher plan, her torments being a test of some kind to prove her worthiness and prepare her for the times to come. Or she could have concluded that the church has sinned against god and that therefore god had abandoned them and they needed to go full protestant/wahabi on it.

All of those options were frankly equally likely if history is any indication. And the best way to drive someone away from logic and reason and toward shutting down and doubling down is to be aggressive about things. It's basic human psychology. You have to take things slowly and in small steps or else you risk rejection.

And it's not like the AI have done anything to disprove god either. At least nothing that a religious person would accept. At best they've shown that humanity was more advanced before the fall. But that very well plays into the whole Tower of Babel narrative that their church has going. And again, that same narrative lends it self oh so easily to people looking at the church and concluding that they are repeating the same mistake and must be purged with a return to the book style revival Martin Luther / Wahhab style. Far more so than atheism or enlightenment philosophy does if your metal framework is religious.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes