4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
i hope ch 20 involves Eve upgrading MCs sperm to repair the infertility plague.
That's been my main theory for a very, very long time. And I'm not joking at all; that idea crossed my mind literally the first time the fertility plague was explained in the game.
Nothing beats a wholesome humankind salvation :love:

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
That's been my main theory for a very, very long time. And I'm not joking at all; that idea crossed my mind literally the first time the fertility plague was explained in the game.
Nothing beats a wholesome humankind salvation :love:
Dev already disproved this theory...

Reactions: Pandaman Games

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018

jufot

May 15, 2021
That Lune scene is probably the most important and I'm glad it came across well. Walking Michael down the road of dealing with killing people (and all the various stages of coping and rationalization) is pretty hard, and I'm not sure I'm the best at it.
I think you have plenty to be proud of here. It's been great to see Michael struggle so much with killing. Most wouldn't think twice about making the protagonist kill effortlessly and have him shrug it off.

I think Lune is right that it does require some rationalization - however flimsy - to be able to deal with murder and stay sane. Legacy & Eve made a similar point as well. Michael needs to get to a point where he accepts (if not believes) that sometimes, despite your best intentions, the ends do justify the means.

Great work once again :)

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
I think you have plenty to be proud of here. It's been great to see Michael struggle so much with killing. Most wouldn't think twice about making the protagonist kill effortlessly and have him shrug it off.

I think Lune is right that it does require some rationalization - however flimsy - to be able to deal with murder and stay sane. Legacy & Eve made a similar point as well. Michael needs to get to a point where he accepts (if not believes) that sometimes, despite your best intentions, the ends do justify the means.

Great work once again :)
I'd also think that MC needs to learn the subtle difference between murder and justifiable killing. Taking a life affects each person differently, no matter the reason, but usually when it's justifiable, people will typically come to terms with it quicker and not be as haunted by it.

What has happened in the game, with what I can recall without replaying it right now, I wouldn't classify any of the deaths by MC as murder. They were all justified to me since it was about protecting himself, his friends, and/or his family. But yeah, it is nice seeing an MC actually have a moral compass for once that it affects them so deeply. Adds some character growth.

• Red Heart
Reactions: jufot and FatGiant

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
I would argue that the distinction between murder and "justifiable killing" is itself a rationalization of the act. It exists purely to make it more digestible.
And you'd be right. Just as "murder" is also a rationalization of the act of taking a life. Before laws, it was just that. Humans created the the concept of what is murder or justified. And that's why I said that the MC needs to learn or have someone teach him the difference in what his society has taught them or learn to adapt and create his own concept of taking a life. It's usually what humans do best, adapting to a situation to help suit them best so they can keep moving forward.

So, if MC is able to eventually overcome this moral issue and learn to accept that all the killing he has done has been justifiable, it may help him mentally in the future, and help get over the self loathing that comes with it.

Reactions: jufot

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
And you'd be right. Just as "murder" is also a rationalization of the act of taking a life. Before laws, it was just that. Humans created the the concept of what is murder or justified. And that's why I said that the MC needs to learn or have someone teach him the difference in what his society has taught them or learn to adapt and create his own concept of taking a life. It's usually what humans do best, adapting to a situation to help suit them best so they can keep moving forward.

So, if MC is able to eventually overcome this moral issue and learn to accept that all the killing he has done has been justifiable, it may help him mentally in the future, and help get over the self loathing that comes with it.
Right. He already has that knowledge to some extent (ie. the duel), but it's definitely different in this scenario. IMO, killing one guy who's about to kill you is different than baiting and killing 10+ guys who want to kill you. Even if it's justifiable, it's still a lot. He'll learn to deal with it better over time, but it's still been a few days since the raid. Proper healing can take years, which is out of the scope of the main plot.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Joshy92 Not sure if you play this one but I just read the changelog on steam for Ch 19 and it mentioned Mandatory handholding and I thought of you.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Haha
Hey guys
Yeah I do play this game
It was actually one of the first adult games I bought on steam