4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Fuck it... This story is sooo good now...Vanilla path is still my favourite....Very enjoyable.

But the spicy path have some good moments too...I just feel like a piece of shit the whole time.
Yeah, I'm loving the hell out of both paths. I think Meghan is the most realistic female character I've ever encountered in a Game before, and I think it's because of this fact that you really do feel like a piece of shit when you are on the Mei path. She is very intelligently written and NOT the typical bimbo in these games who are completely oblivious to what the MC is doing behind their backs or are just stupidly okay with the mc having 20 different fuck buddies at the same time. (sorry for people that like stuff, but in reality it's retarded) (where is Avaron1974 ? I think she'd appreciate how well these women characters are written) The way Meghan's growing suspicions and encroaching sadness is conveyed is just real.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
You must have just rapidly clicked through the dream sequences, because they are hardly pointless. The dreams are where we are getting the biggest clues to what the main plot of the game is.
Well, they are pointless to me. If there are clues there I don't care about knowing them, so yes, I do skip them. Dreams are dreams. They are products of imagination and I disregard them every time. Using dreams for storytelling or, worse, lewd content is just an poor way to do it IMO. I dislike dream sequences in almost every game, be it an AAA title or a small visual novel. That's just me though. :)

Keep in mind this is still just the Prologue and Prologues are usually told from the Narrators point of view anyway . The story so far are events that took place 3 years ago, so we haven't even gotten to the main story yet (this looks like it is going to be one long ass story and I am very excited about that!) which will probably start at some point years 3 years down the road when the MC is back home.
Hopefully, it won't take actual three years of development to get to that point. :) More seriously, I concede I wasn't thinking of it as a prologue anymore (they don't usually take this long). Perhaps the main story will be told differently.

Clearly Alex is one of the most important characters in this story and showing what is going on in her life while the MC is away is clearly meant for the story to be able to "Hit The Ground Running" so to speak, when the main plot stars. This is very obvious, to me anyway. While I don't enjoy the Alex cut scenes as much as I do the parts centered around the MC, they still serve an important purpose yet to be realized later down the road. So far this is playing out like a movie would and I am greatly enjoying this ride.
However important she may be, I'd rather know only what the MC knows. It would be more interesting coming home and then trying to figure out why she is different (which is basically what I'm trying to accomplish by skipping these scenes, but it's somewhat annoying that the game doesn't offer an option to do it itself).

Although it may seem like I'm just bashing the game, it's because it's one of only handful of adult games that have managed to impress me. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be here. It's more of a concern about the narrative design and direction.

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
I saw quite a few people with tags for this one but passed it by. Reading the overview I didn't think I'd be interested in it. I must say it doesn't do this VN any justice. This one spirals away from the basic story fairly quick and is a lot more interesting.

The story is interesting the characters have some emotion showing in their faces when called for. There is a decent amount of humor as well. I was thinking this was about a honey moon gone wrong or right and there is so much more. I felt like I should go get some popcorn in the second half I was enjoying it so much.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
So I'm guessing that the Elizabeth from
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes it is, and there was possibly an allusion to Vlad The Impaler as well. Did anyone else catch that? Also all the Symbolism going on. We've had a serpent, an apple, and the Eye of Horus. Did I forget something? Don't know yet what any of it means but it lends itself to intrigue. Also noticed the dev started adding bold letters to key words in the dialogue and that was probably a good idea, because it seems many people are missing it's subtleties. This story is fucking deep and geared at a more mature crowd for sure. Careful attention is required.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I think it's because of this fact that you really do feel like a piece of shit when you are on the Mei path.
I would like that, but it doesn't really happen for me. The problem is the one thing missing is a prologue to the prologue.:) Why should I care about Meghan? There is no introduction to her character. It's just "she is your wife, so you should love her". The game throws Mei at me before I get to know anything about her. Cheating on a woman that I don't know is not a very conflicting thing to do.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I would like that, but it doesn't really happen for me. The problem is the one thing missing is a prologue to the prologue.:) Why should I care about Meghan? There is no introduction to her character. It's just "she is your wife, so you should love her". The game throws Mei at me before I get to know anything about her. Cheating on a woman that I don't know is not a very conflicting thing to do.
I don't recall if you said you played both paths or not? I was only on the Mei path for the first 3 chapters and then decided to go back and play the Meghan path, and it was on that path that I truly started to adore her and get to know her. So if you haven't tried her route yet then I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Xumeey

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I have been doing both routes up to this update, but I haven't done the Mei path in .4 yet. I might not. Meghan is a great character, she is obviously the "main" girl and IMO its pretty obvious something bad will happen to her if MC cheats. Mei is nice and all, and I would gladly get her away from the bad guys but only if that can be done on the Meg path. (obviously not sexing her, but just helping her to get away from them)

Also, this needs a pregnancy tag

Last edited:

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
it is rather odd to seeing how this feed is turning out. personally I thought a VN stood for visual novel. fate/stay night, which is my all-time favourite has an MC and yet, like any novel, shows and tells the story from other perspectives. kinda puts the novel into the VN after all. any VN that just follows through the eyes of a single MC without other perspectives can easily fall flat. its a balancing act to put the right amount of MC and NPC involvement into a VN. even some of the best ones on this site like dating my daughter or dreams of desire have this kind of blend and they do it well. I certainly didn't lose out on any immersion playing either of them or this one during the sister scenes. as for skipping scenes/dream sequences that don't fit someone's idealism, well, that's a complete immersion killer right there. by choice.

as I already put, this has the right blend. I hope it continues to do so. it does look like it has been pre-planned and not written on the fly as so many here seem to be. this was one of those I download blind without paying much attention as its still early in development. quite a big pleasant surprise to see such amount of content and well written too. quite excited to see how it progresses. nice work devs :)

Last edited:

Pwoarh

Mar 17, 2019
I do hope at some point you'll allow us to tell Hannah to fuck off. She's like a walking STD tainting everything she touches. If we're not getting any input I really don't see the point on those flash-sideways. Renders are amazing, characters are engaging. Kind of cautious about the story though.

With the random family-flashes and branching paths and the main story perhaps getting a bit too up its own magical world it feels like this has the potential to drag the pace of every storyline to a crawl with either little snippet-updates involving all of them or just getting updates touching on only a few at a time. Especially if the dev is planning to waste even more development time with an NTR route.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
where is Avaron1974 ? I think she'd appreciate how well these women characters are written
I'm keeping my eye on it.

I do like what i'm hearing about well written characters however i'm also heavily into romance and all that soppy shit so all this talk of cheating and stuff has me sitting on the fence.

Looking to see what kind of game it's going to turn into.

Reactions: DonkeyFace

stanley tucci

Apr 2, 2018
Another really good update. Great characters, great renders and a fun story so what's not to like? Also, in the sister scene, maybe I'm being daft but was there a High life reference in the club with the blonde girl? Edit: If other people are making the same assumption then I guess so.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I'm going to spoiler....

If you want to feel the emotional connection to your wife while on the spicy route, I recommend playing the vanilla route once as it is now, as a prologue to get to know your wife.

I might continue with only the vanilla route going forward, but it's nice to know the whole story. By playing both paths, It feel like getting to know the main characters very well.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I'm keeping my eye on it.

I do like what i'm hearing about well written characters however i'm also heavily into romance and all that soppy shit so all this talk of cheating and stuff has me sitting on the fence.

Looking to see what kind of game it's going to turn into.
The Vanilla route is full of romance....no cheating required....highly recommended.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't recall if you said you played both paths or not? I was only on the Mei path for the first 3 chapters and then decided to go back and play the Meghan path, and it was on that path that I truly started to adore her and get to know her. So if you haven't tried her route yet then I highly recommend it.
I'm going to spoiler....

If you want to feel the emotional connection to your wife while on the spicy route, I recommend playing the vanilla route once as it is now, as a prologue to get to know your wife.

I might continue with only the vanilla route going forward, but it's nice to know the whole story. By playing both paths, It feel like getting to know the main characters very well.
I played Meghan path for the first two chapters and, well, she didn't grow on me. Even so, it shouldn't be a requirement to play her path to fully enjoy Mei's. That's just poor design.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
it is rather odd to seeing how this feed is turning out. personally I thought a VN stood for visual novel. fate/stay night, which is my all-time favourite has an MC and yet, like any novel, shows and tells the story from other perspectives. kinda puts the novel into the VN after all. any VN that just follows through the eyes of a single MC without other perspectives can easily fall flat.
It may come down to preferences, but most of the Japanese VN's I've played and liked follow the protagonist's point of view.
as for skipping scenes/dream sequences that don't fit someone's idealism, well, that's a complete immersion killer right there. by choice.
It's the opposite actually. It's an effort to save the immersion. :)

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Especially if the dev is planning to waste even more development time with an NTR route.
It's not a waste , to make it more realistic, every wrong/foolish decision has consequences and don't think you can easily getaway with it without paying just because you're playing as the MC, for example going on Mei Path cheating with her

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Also, in the sister scene, maybe I'm being daft but was there a High life reference in the club with the blonde girl? Edit: If other people are making the same assumption then I guess so.
Yep, it's obviously a jab at that game's developer for disappearing.;)

At least I hope that's what it is and we won't see more of her. I have no tolerance for character theft.

Reactions: DonkeyFace
4.20 star(s) 45 Votes