4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Seems like i found the genie lamp that can Fulfill my wishes..... thx a lot genie :ROFLMAO: (y) ........i’m still gonna hang on my two left wishes
Ha. funny thing is, I was going to headline that post with "your wish is my command" But opted out.

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017

I'm about a 1/3 way done for the next update. I went and got an extra 16GB of RAM. 32GB total now. All though that won't make any difference in the overall rendering time, it does help with setting up the scenes.
If you go back to the scene with Alex and Trish in the park, and Alex and Hannah just before they head out for the club...well, those buildings in the background would basically brick my comp. Any scene with Samara seemed to do the same, even when I reduced her skin texture. I think she's cursed or something ;)

Only4You

Feb 12, 2018
I don't know about you guys, but I don't think any other girl in this game can hold a candle to Mei... She's like the definition of a true Asian beauty... A freakin' dragoness...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the dev said he is just a rookie
Really!!! o_O And yet he manages to set up his scenes in such an amazingly artistic way! He uses lights, shadows and the environment to the best effect. I've seen very few games pull this off. I mean anyone can render a highly detailed image if they have the horsepower and basic idea about lighting; but how to set up a scene - the environment, the lights, the camera angles, the poses - that's a whole another thing.

I mean look at these renders, these certainly don't look like the work of a novice. This guy possesses a true artistic sense.

Last edited:

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I don't know about you guys, but I don't think any other girl in this game can hold a candle to Mei... She's like the definition of a true Asian beauty... A freakin' dragoness...

Really!!! o_O And yet he manages to set up his scenes such an amazingly artistic way! He uses lights, shadows and the environment to the best effect. I've seen very few games pull this off. I mean anyone can render a highly detailed image if they have the horsepower and basic idea about lighting; but how to set up a scene - the environment, the lights, the camera angles, the poses - that's a whole another thing.

I mean look at these renders, these certainly don't look like the work of a novice. This guy possesses a true artistic sense.
I wholeheartedly agree. I love the way the Dev. is able to convey mood and atmosphere in his renders with all those things you spoke of. Lighting, shadows, poses, expressions, environment, etc... The Mei scenes for instance, tend to have a warm yet melancholic feel to them. The music also enhances these scenes.

It's scary what this self proclaimed rookie is achieving with each update. And this is still just the prologue, so imagine what this game is going to look like upon completion.

mojococo

Sep 28, 2017
I fully agree. When she appears at the door during the
my heart skipped a beat. I've never had that with any game before. :love::love:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Absolutely. This dev needs more recognition and support. Disregarding the story, models, characters, writing, etc. (although I think all those aspects are A+ here), the visual story telling is out of this world. Each expression and movement reveals so much about the character's thoughts and emotions in that moment. Mei in the elevator. Mei with her hand on the clear door. Hannah sighing and hanging her head after Alex leaves. That scene reveals so much about her in just a couple of renders. It was kind of amazing. Oh there is also the Wife's expression and mannerism during the lunch scene if she is suspecting you.

People need to recognize real talent when they see it.

4.20 star(s) 45 Votes