Crisisbeat

Nov 26, 2019
Oh, thank you for taking the time to respond! My apologies if my comments came across as somewhat harsh, by the way; while I do believe the issues I raised are valid, I likely would have phrased them differently if I knew the author was going to read them.

If you don't expect to do anything more complicated than this, I really do think Ren'py would be better for the project; it's extremely simple to use, great for projects involving a lot of writing, free, and has all the functionality expected of a VN baked in already. Your friend shouldn't have any trouble switching to Ren'py, even if they aren't familiar with it previously - I'd go so far as to say that you could probably do it yourself, if need be. Take a glance at their website for more information.

The problem is that it's a real pain for other forms of gameplay - if you were planning on including an inventory system, fights, or anything else that adventurers do, then sticking with Unity might be less of a headache. If you do those in a VN-like structure (say, choosing from a variety of options as the fight progresses, attaching a value to each of them, and deciding whether they win or lose at the end based on the total value), it works out just fine, but adding an entirely new system... Usually doesn't end up working well. It's very good at what it does, but trying to branch out of what it does ends up sticking out in a bad way, at least for a lot of the projects I've seen.

Even then, though, I might recommend dropping any planned gameplay in favor of the core VN, just because people so often get Unity wrong for VNs when they try to rebuild the proverbial wheel. Take a fast forward button, for instance; if a game's just been updated, or the player wants to try a different branch, they have to go through a lot of text to see the new stuff. That ends up becoming a real slog if there's no fast forward button, but plenty of devs don't consider that because it's not a problem for them when writing the game, and it's not included by default. Or they do include a fast forward button, but don't have an easy way of distinguishing between previously seen text and new text, so the player ends up skipping things not realizing a scene was changed in an update or as a result of their decisions.

Ah, that does sound pretty neat, actually. I see a good amount of potential there later!

If I might make a suggestion, it might be better to elaborate on that more at the start - such as having one of the characters give more details about what the old team was trying to do, or talking a bit about how one of their friends (Belle, though I'm guessing that's supposed to be a surprise? Just talking about her without naming her should still preserve that mystery, if that's a concern) had gone missing on the expedition.

It's more difficult to get invested in what they're trying to do if we don't know much about it ourselves - we don't need a long scene about it, but a bit more detail about who went missing and why helps it feel more real.

Just to be clear, "fake decisions" can still work as a mechanic, in moderation - even if both branches end in the same place after a paragraph, it can make an otherwise linear VN feel more dynamic, and let the player feel more investment in important scenes. The issue, specifically, is that the way it's done currently negates the player's input by forcing them to go back and choose the other option after all.

If, for instance, the princess just said "No, I'm going to touch the flower anyway," that still works, because the player feels like they at least tried to stop it; going back and being forced to pick "yes" is the problem here. At least, in my opinion.

Yeah, just to emphasize the point, that's probably more of a "me" problem than a problem with the game; I tend to identify with the characters in the game, so the idea of just looking "myself" in an incidentally fanservicey pose... Doesn't do much for me. I mean, I could just do that at home.

The idea of deliberately posing sexily because some unknown force is encouraging me to do so, well, that's hot... But I understand if that's not what the game is going for here :) .

This is just an idea, but one solution might be to put out regular "incremental builds" for your donors, while releasing larger public builds for everyone else. This would allow you to get the frequent feedback you're looking for from those who are very interested in your project, while those who are less interested can be assured that each update they see has a significant amount of content added.

Other than that, though, I would just like to mention that there's no option that really keeps everyone happy; some people are annoyed if there's not much new in an update, while others are annoyed if they go too long without seeing any progress. So long as you're making consistent progress, now that it's released, it's probably best to tune out comments regarding the update schedule.
ezgif-4-3de071b8918b.gif
Thanks a lot for even making the points clearer, I don't think the feedback was harsh, actually those were really good points and maybe the wouldn't be that "direct" knowing that the author was going to see it. I´ll keep them as great advice and ways to make a better version of the first part and make the second part better!

rickpool98

Dec 11, 2017
how do you increase the screen size for the game? the pop up to choose the resolution did not appear when i clicked on the game.

Reactions: Gothoku

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
Wow man, that art-style is incredible. Thank you for sharing. If this goes full animations, even short loops of 10 seconds... it'll achieve a lot, if you plan to continue with this project, either way thanks again and I wish you the best man!

Btw, I'm voting for Mulan <3 I hope she doesn't get out of love xD

May 26, 2019
The character on the left, why does she have to look like that when you can also make a few 'improvements'? You said you are not familiar with the 'hentai game world', so I'll give you an example for some inspiration.
I have attached some Images; Evil Lady's hairstyle would have to be similar to Image 1 and 4 put together (how you do it is your choice, you can look up 'anime female hairstyles' for more ideas), her face would be similar to Image 2, 3 and 5. Her body's appearance can be based on Image 1 or 2 to give her that evil sexy look that matches her age, and her skin doesn't have to be green because accentuating her other traits such as facial expressions, personality, and voice acting in an h-game fashion can more than make up for it. Also her bust size would have to be bigger (Image 1, 2 and 5) than the other princesses. And lastly her horns can be the one on Image 6 but black and facing backwards.

Speaking of voice acting; I frowned a bit when I heard the characters talk, try to remove the uptalk tone and valley girl accent/dialect (e.g. 'like,','so' and 'I mean', the usual words the valley girl accent typically use) when working on the game further, the guy who voiced the Narrator is fine. The VAs on japanese games and anime - hentai or not - may not be understandable due to having a different language but at least their tone is not bad, at least for me. The voice acting doesn't have to be a highly professional one, just with enough skills put in so those playing your game don't mind it. And just in case if the VAing didn't work include an option to disable voice acting in the settings menu (Except for the Narrator guy, he's cool).

Edit: Re: her skin doesn't have to be green
Since she lives on dark and cold places her skintone would be of a pale cold winter white instead of the warm spring white of her 'foe' or the Girl on the Right in your picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: mielena

crevax

Apr 17, 2018
The character on the left, why does she have to look like that when you can also make a few 'improvements'? You said you are not familiar with the 'hentai game world', so I'll give you an example for some inspiration.
I have attached some Images; Evil Lady's hairstyle would have to be similar to Image 1 and 4 put together (how you do it is your choice, you can look up 'anime female hairstyles' for more ideas), her face would be similar to Image 2, 3 and 5. Her body's appearance can be based on Image 1 or 2 to give her that evil sexy look that matches her age, and her skin doesn't have to be green because accentuating her other traits such as facial expressions, personality, and voice acting in an h-game fashion can more than make up for it. Also her bust size would have to be bigger (Image 1, 2 and 5) than the other princesses. And lastly her horns can be the one on Image 6 but black and facing backwards.

Speaking of voice acting; I frowned a bit when I heard the characters talk, try to remove the uptalk tone and valley girl accent/dialect (e.g. 'like,','so' and 'I mean', the usual words the valley girl accent typically use) when working on the game further, the guy who voiced the Narrator is fine. The VAs on japanese games and anime - hentai or not - may not be understandable due to having a different language but at least their tone is not bad, at least for me. The voice acting doesn't have to be a highly professional one, just with enough skills put in so those playing your game don't mind it. And just in case if the VAing didn't work include an option to disable voice acting in the settings menu (Except for the Narrator guy, he's cool).

Edit: Re: her skin doesn't have to be green
Since she lives on dark and cold places her skintone would be of a pale cold winter white instead of the warm spring white of her 'foe' or the Girl on the Right in your picture.

I almost disagree with you about everything.
First of all, he didn't design Maleficent, so why should he redesign her? Different skin tone, breast size and hair style would make her a totally different character, unrecognizable to the players...
And why the "hentai evil lady" has to have a large chest? Isn't it more realistic and pleasurable to see normal sized boobs for once?

The only thing we could agree is the green-ish tone of the skin, I get that the color of her magic spells is usually green, but her skin in the movies is only white, not hint of green. The green makes her look like a zombie or an orc wich cannot be more wrong as Maleficent is originally from the Human race.

Other than that, good job, can't wait for more. ;)

Reactions: lewdviticus
May 26, 2019
I almost disagree with you about everything.
First of all, he didn't design Maleficent, so why should he redesign her? Different skin tone, breast size and hair style would make her a totally different character, unrecognizable to the players...
Her chin looked sharp enough to cut through stone, and her nose probably looked as if she stole it from some dude, visible cheekbones, eyebags and wrinkles. And the green skin reminded me of a female grinch, especially her smile.... those are the only things that disturbed me. Apart from her chest being one size smaller, the rest of her body is a-ok.

And why the "hentai evil lady" has to have a large chest? Isn't it more realistic and pleasurable to see normal sized boobs for once?
Her chest don't have to be as large as a balloon exercise, a chest that's a bit smaller than a pair of volleyballs would do just fine. At least have Crisis make Maleficent's chest slightly bigger than the princesses since she's tall.
'Paladin/Knight' aka the 'pure girl' character who looked good with normal sized boobs are naturally left alone.

I'll post some pics I found for a more proper reference point; To simply put it, combining her pre-bad guy appearance and her 'normal' form would make a good fit, especially where she shows off her hair instead of wearing a cowl under a headpiece (Image 1,2 and 4). Her horns would be from her pre-villain days (Image 1). No large stand up collar (Image 2). A face without the wrinkles and cheekbones showing, hers would be that of a bishoujo (i.e. beautiful girl), and finally a porcelain white skin that emphasizes a beauty befitting a female villain such as her (Image 1 and 3).

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
It looks like the dev listened, I dont see any mention of the $5 and $10 tiers having a censored and uncensored version now and he has hit almost every patreon goal that he wanted with almost 600 patrons. Looks like the game is going to happen and it is going to be epic.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo
3.40 star(s) 7 Votes