Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

MATEYDEV

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Looks promising to me.

Personally not a fan of having to press two buttons for a dodge (not counting directional input). Makes the game less smooth to me.

I sometimes encountered a bug (after breaking free sometimes), where I could not interact with doors or the clothes (or maybe it was just the button press prompt missing). Going into the menu for a moment seemed to fix it. would give more info, but can't reproduce it.

Is it just me or are the zombies quite hesitant, when you are already lying on the floor? They seem to shuffle left and right pretty often.

The invisible wall after the keycard door is the end for now, right?
Thank you for the feedback!

Yep! it's end there for now (it's a test version, I was just want to make sure if the game was alright for the actual release or not).

The AI system is still WIP and combat mode was always activated while a player was found and it caused that issue (too hesitant, even the target was knocked down), so I'll fix that for sure.

Interaction system is still WIP too, will try to fix that bug as fast as I can.

Reactions: MrUnknownPants

LokiRF

Jun 11, 2017
Please don't abandon us after getting our hopes up with good early access releases! I love me some side scrollers but recently there's been a real lack of any good ones (translated especially). Pretty hyped to see how this one evolves, keep up the good work.

HansVader

May 21, 2018
Very nice, hope this side project works out for you.
Also, the game keeps starting my SteamVR, so maybe remove the plugin from the UE Project as it's a bit annoying :)

Reactions: MATEYDEV
Jun 30, 2017
Still, is there any plan for
clothing and weapon system in the future as Alien Quest while a very good game, lack some element in my opinion. Also option to masturbate and a lust/horny bar which represent the state of mind of character toward sex (like the higher the bar the harder to break free,....), more sex phase/stage per monster (well as a game that similar to Grimhelm game, i think you know this kind of thing as most side-scrolling sex game have)
tbh i'm dying to see this feature in a game like this game, Grimhelm game is very good, but also kinda lacking many

Jokulmorder

May 11, 2019
Just played, a few pointers:
-When theres extra idle enemies during a scene, they tend to walk in front of the player and stop there, blocking the view.
-When breaking free, consider adding a few frames of invulnerability before they can grab you again. If you get grabbed by several enemies they tend to chain-grab you
Impressive start, looking forward to updates.

May 25, 2017
Oh I can tell the 'hold interact to open doors' is going to fuck me over multiple times. Also are you planning on implementing ranged options or some sort of interrupt/stun mechanic? even with AQE you had a long reach and your hits staggered most enemies. I can see it being an absolute pain to gamble on whether the enemy will grab or not so I can attack it because your attack doesn't interrupt at all when they go for a lunge.

MATEYDEV

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Yes
Oh I can tell the 'hold interact to open doors' is going to fuck me over multiple times. Also are you planning on implementing ranged options or some sort of interrupt/stun mechanic? even with AQE you had a long reach and your hits staggered most enemies. I can see it being an absolute pain to gamble on whether the enemy will grab or not so I can attack it because your attack doesn't interrupt at all when they go for a lunge.
Yes of course, the gun is planned to be main weapon of the MC and damage system is quite a bit broken at the time, sorry about that, will fix it soon.

Thank you :]

MATEYDEV

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
MATEYDEV I've been meaning to ask is the character on your profile picture going to be included in your projects or is she from somewhere else?
She is one of the models I did years ago for my fantasy project (Just my relax project, not a serious one)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes