Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Runningaway

Apr 7, 2021
Mmmm such hate...such sweet sweet tears...I remind you that the door's over there, u are free to deliver us from your own frustration any time by leaving ;)
why people spend more time wanting to hate something instead of helping...
it's not like helping Matey would hurt anyone. it's like they have more fun talking sh#t about the game than playing it..
this is sad...

• Haha
Reactions: andythehero

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
amazing animations and combat. I can see u put alot work into this. Good luck and i hope it will be a success.

Reactions: Alket

Tastycakes19

Jan 22, 2019
it's not like helping Matey would hurt anyone. it's like they have more fun talking sh#t about the game than playing it..
this is sad...
I don't think they enjoy hating it for fun for the most part. I can understand the frustration, because it is a coincident that the dev has lost his their previous version of the game multiple times. Not saying it's intentional, but it does raise eyebrows. I do understand the devs motives to make it more steam friendly for monetization purposes, because nobody wants to work for free. I mean passion is #1, but people gotta make a living too. It's starting to turn into a good game with interesting mechanics, but to some it feels like it's losing it's main focus that got it the attention in the first place, adult content. The original was a breath of fresh air in my opinion and initially hooked me into the devs project. But now , I've not really paid much attention to it. Don't get me wrong, I think they're doing a good job, I'm just wanting it to stay to it's original roots. It's out of my control and what the dev wants to do is their choice, if it makes them happy then good on them. Just giving my perspective, hopefully it doesn't come off as an attack, not my intention. Who knows maybe the dev will come full circle and come back with the original content mixed with the new style of the game .

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
it's helped. Thanx.
You said previously that u tried both DX11 and DX12...are u 100% sure that your RDNA2 gpu was rendering in DX11? Because the whole crash is due to RVT (hide grass near other objects) not working with DX12, we confirmed this by forcing DX12 with NVIDIA cards to replicate the error and we know that, due to bad DX11 compatibility, RDNA2/3 cards tend to "force" DX12 when the engine is capable of supporting it...if u are absolutely sure you were rendering in DX11 it would be kinda interesting to know...

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
this is sad...
im still a patreon member and i have been for a long time. i have given a lot of feedback and participated in reporting bugs and issues.

the dev is very childish and is very easily offended. you can read in the discord, when he reacts to people giving any feedback that isnt 100% praise.

and what about his 4 other projects? not one of them was finished or delivered.
but yeah, let's trust everything Alket says :)

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
I don't think they enjoy hating it for fun for the most part. I can understand the frustration, because it is a coincident that the dev has lost his their previous version of the game multiple times. Not saying it's intentional, but it does raise eyebrows. I do understand the devs motives to make it more steam friendly for monetization purposes, because nobody wants to work for free. I mean passion is #1, but people gotta make a living too. It's starting to turn into a good game with interesting mechanics, but to some it feels like it's losing it's main focus that got it the attention in the first place, adult content. The original was a breath of fresh air in my opinion and initially hooked me into the devs project. But now , I've not really paid much attention to it. Don't get me wrong, I think they're doing a good job, I'm just wanting it to stay to it's original roots. It's out of my control and what the dev wants to do is their choice, if it makes them happy then good on them. Just giving my perspective, hopefully it doesn't come off as an attack, not my intention. Who knows maybe the dev will come full circle and come back with the original content mixed with the new style of the game .
"losing" one project is already extremely unlikely and rare. how does the dev not have versions or builds in other places? or backed up ANYWHERE?
or, why completely abandon a super popular game?
the discord convos were deleted a long time ago, about matto working with another dev, and that he wasn't actually a solo dev all along.

alket (matto the dev?) will reply to this with links and strong language.
but where are those games or the game builds? :)
where is the adult content for this new game? :)

we wait :)

Cere Burn

Aug 8, 2017
I tried it, but did not have a good experience.
I am running Nvidia 3090 with 34" 3440x1440 in screen, game will not fit it correctly, tried setting to windowed mode, but the text and graphics were still blurry in either 720 or 1080 mode with scaling set to %100.

I never successfully got out of the menu, tried starting the game, got to what I think was supposed to be character customization part, but I could not continue, holding E brought up another menu to confirm, but nothing happened when I tried to confirm, I could only this Esc.

Also, I do not understand why I cannot use the mouse to set the setting sin the menu and have to use the keyboard instead - very frustrating.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
I will always be confused by games that penalize you for fucking in a fucking game?
Why are you posting this on this site?
Are you hoping to make money?

• Angry
Reactions: holyApex

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I will always be confused by games that penalize you for fucking in a fucking game?
Why are you posting this on this site?
Are you hoping to make money?
To answer your question :

The game penalizes you because the scenes are non consensual, that's the main genre here, if you don't like that, then this is not a game for you.

I'm (and by extension Matto) posting on this site to spread the word about the game and to gain support for it's development

...obviously Matto is trying to make money, how would he keep the development of the project alive if he himself cannot buy food.

So, obligatory: if you like what you see consider subscribing to his Patreon to fuel his creativity and help deliver this project to completion ;)

End of sales pitch

Ufoshnik

Sep 23, 2019
As soon as I moved away, a ton of hatred immediately crawled out of the hole.

People don't like the fact that Matto focuses more on the development of the game world than on 18+ content, where there are still a few "trial" scenes. I personally think that I did the right thing and started with filling. So then it will be easier to adapt this very content to the existing environment, especially if the scenes with monsters are dynamic without teleporting somewhere.

Regarding the division of the game into "normal" and "18+". I understand that people were waiting for the game precisely because of the latter, but this way the player will have a choice: he can look at the "hot" content and then play without it if he suddenly gets bored. As for "this site is for h-content games", when I was browsing, I saw games without this content.

Well, do not forget that Matto makes the game ALONE, and not with a staff of developers + he has his own life, to which he is distracted more. Well, who isn't trying to make money these days?

In conclusion, I myself recently began to follow the game, accidentally stumbled upon Matto’s post on Twitter, so I don’t know the whole story. He expressed his thoughts as best he could on the basis of his opinion about the current situation. And if there was an opportunity, then he supported the development with money, but so far this is not there.

And so I wish you good luck and do not be angry with each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alket

paintcabinet

Mar 25, 2017
supply drop on a roof, i climbed the ladder but i cannot actually acquire the drop since it is on a crate on top of the roof. the climb prompt shows up for a split second and disappears. really frustrating.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
supply drop on a roof, i climbed the ladder but i cannot actually acquire the drop since it is on a crate on top of the roof. the climb prompt shows up for a split second and disappears. really frustrating.
LOL never saw it happen, good to know that it can actually happen xD...do you have a screenshot of that?

• Haha
Reactions: Tomoushie
4.40 star(s) 21 Votes