Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
- Performance as catastrophic as ever
- It's still hard to kill zombies because they seem to lag or teleport.
- A little too easy to find loot - it's everywhere, you don't even have to move to the area that the game want you to search.
- Too bad you can't save your progress!

Last edited:
Reactions: rKnight and MoreNow

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
- A little too easy to find loot - it's everywhere, you don't even have to move to the area you want to search.
can you please share you hardware specs?

Reactions: Tomoushie

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Overall, I liked what I saw in this game, but there are a couple of things I would like the devs put attention to.
- Interface is very uncomfortable and blurry, other people mentioned it too. I can barely see the text when I interact with it. It gets even worse during the day because everything is white and the text become even more unreadable. It also should be more intuitive.
- It would be nice if you could interact with an object by simply pressing one time button instead of holding it. Many times in confused me.
- I don't know why so many Unreal Engine developers always leave out a proper introduction for the player. In almost all RPG games on this engine, developers never bother to properly introduce their world for the player so that they can immerse themselves better and understand what's going on here. A small prologue revealing the main character and at least one tutorial quest explaining all the mechanics and revealing a bit of the story to spark interest would do the work. I'm sure that if the developer had released the first version like this, it would have attracted a lot more interest from the players. As it is now, you are just thrown into the world and told - here you go, have fun as you wish.
- Lack of information. As in previous point, there should be tutorial, many things are unclear. For example, right now I don't know if I can repair my vehicle, and if I can refuel it. There was also no mention that the character could freeze. It's a good thing I bought stuff from a merchant beforehand.
- I don't know if it's a bug, but I can't holster my weapon when I have taken it. It's becomes annoying when you need to climb, but she needs to put her weapon back before doing it and it takes a lot of time, when you do it often.
- Ladder in the base is broken. I could climb down with pressed shift in camp's towers, but in the base she always refuse to do that and I'm always falling. Overall, it would be better to just use the interaction button near the ladder, so you couldn't accidentally slip from the edge while walking.

From the positive aspects, I can note the appearance of the heroine. She is very pretty and looks realistic, compared to the somewhat cartoonish designs that we most often see in 3D games. It gives a nice variety. Her suit is also quite nice. It accentuates her figure well, hopefully there will be more. I also liked the shooting in this game, especially that the laser sight plays a very important role. Very unusual and brings a nice variety compared to what you see in other shooters.

Hopefully there will be some tough enemies that will give a challenge to the player.

Somewhat upset that there won't be sex with humans. I'm not really a fan of rapey content and ugly beasts, but maybe I'll play this game just as a game if the developer manages to make the world interesting to explore.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
I've been waiting a while for this update and I'm disappointed...

The menu is all blurry and unreadable, like I'm playing in 360p
Changing settings is still annoying, A/D keys don't always work (where did this idea come from?)
If you can't optimize the game for so long you should reduce the map size because there are many areas here that are not even used
Even with a fast SSD, the game loads slowly
The camera at the moment has not been improved compared to the previous update, it is still annoying
I could list more, but I don't want to discourage the creator because the game has potential, but at the moment the game is still playable...

i7 12700k, 3080Ti, 16GB
It has always been this bad and very likely wont change.

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
can you please share you hardware specs?
Windows 10 22H2 (OS)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (CPU) (equivalent to an intel i9-9900K)
NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti OC (GPU)
AORUS X570S Master (motherboard)
DDR4 32Go 2x16 (RAM)

Yes, all my CPU, GPU, motherboard drivers and even the BIOS are up to date with the latest updates, and Windows is also up to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoreNow

Eden7

Dec 12, 2020
I definitely like the direction the game is going. Tried the tech demo and it has a ton of potential. The H scenes also have a good foundation. Looking forward to more updates.

Reactions: Iguita123 and Alket

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Well, with your pc hardware is really strange, are you playing in 4K? there is still no optimization for 4K, so that might explain some of it...
We have been testing the game with people with comparable specs that have over 100FPS and no issues (I myself have 9900k, 3080, 32GB and 0 issues), if you'd like to join the Discord server we might try to understand what's breaking...

- A little too easy to find loot - it's everywhere, you don't even have to move to the area that the game want you to search.
Zombies LODs have that kind of movement to save performances, this teleport appears even when in close range?
Yes loot, is scattered at random, more to see if the auto placement works than with balance in minde;
no saving for these test builds yet (not that would have any real functionality in a tech demo like this imo);

I've been waiting a while for this update and I'm disappointed...

The menu is all blurry and unreadable, like I'm playing in 360p
Changing settings is still annoying, A/D keys don't always work (where did this idea come from?)
If you can't optimize the game for so long you should reduce the map size because there are many areas here that are not even used
Even with a fast SSD, the game loads slowly
The camera at the moment has not been improved compared to the previous update, it is still annoying
I could list more, but I don't want to discourage the creator because the game has potential, but at the moment the game is still playable...

i7 12700k, 3080Ti, 16GB
The menu blur is very pronounced at higher res if you have FSR active, try reducing it or switching off the sharpening for it;
The menu itself is still kind of a placeholder, has not been worked on since the first test release and will be made more readable and easy to use later, the idea came from the fact that it also has controller support, but being an early iteration, the controls are still wonky;
The map is still incomplete as you can imagine, also needs polish and, in time will be filled with content, note that this game is still in development, so stuff is bound to change and be moved around;
Regarding the loading times, you are the first to report it, I'll pass it along;
The camera auto adjustments can be switched on/off from the menu, you can also disable dynamic FOV and set a static one, all from the "Controls" section of the menu;
If you have other concerns please, do list them, taking in mind that this game is still in development...

Reactions: Tomoushie
4.40 star(s) 21 Votes