Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Well, with your pc hardware is really strange, are you playing in 4K? there is still no optimization for 4K, so that might explain some of it...
We have been testing the game with people with comparable specs that have over 100FPS and no issues (I myself have 9900k, 3080, 32GB and 0 issues), if you'd like to join the Discord server we might try to understand what's breaking...

Zombies LODs have that kind of movement to save performances, this teleport appears even when in close range?
Yes loot, is scattered at random, more to see if the auto placement works than with balance in minde;
no saving for these test builds yet (not that would have any real functionality in a tech demo like this imo);

The menu blur is very pronounced at higher res if you have FSR active, try reducing it or switching off the sharpening for it;
The menu itself is still kind of a placeholder, has not been worked on since the first test release and will be made more readable and easy to use later, the idea came from the fact that it also has controller support, but being an early iteration, the controls are still wonky;
The map is still incomplete as you can imagine, also needs polish and, in time will be filled with content, note that this game is still in development, so stuff is bound to change and be moved around;
Regarding the loading times, you are the first to report it, I'll pass it along;
The camera auto adjustments can be switched on/off from the menu, you can also disable dynamic FOV and set a static one, all from the "Controls" section of the menu;
If you have other concerns please, do list them, taking in mind that this game is still in development...
Yes I play in 4K, the resolution of my screen is 3440x1440 in 21:9 format, the reference is ROG Swift PG349 in 120HZ.

I'm running at around 60-70 FPS, sometimes this increases, in areas without weather effects and in areas with fewer enemies, but in general the FPS are not constant. Even in the animation after being knocked out (Battle defeat), FPS aren't higher than they should be (because the map doesn't have to be generated or taken into account).

Yes, the zombies seem to move in the same way almost all the time, at times they don't seem to but it's very rare, I'd say 90% of the time they move by teleporting, I understand that this balances performance but unfortunately it reduces our precision in eliminating them, and as ammunition is rather scarce (except since this update we've found more).

FSR has already been set to minimum, which allows me to get 60-70 FPS. When FSR is activated, I'm running at around 30 FPS and sometimes less (because FPS is not constant).

The menu is not very visible, especially in very bright areas, with sunlight and ambient occlusion, but the menu is also translucent with low opacity, and the text is written in white on grey, so you can't see the menu clearly.

But in any case, the menu is not at all intuitive for navigating menus and options.

I personally don't have any problems with the cameras or movement, because I use a very low sensitivity and DPI, in fact I'd even say that the settings still don't allow us to define the camera speed precisely enough, I'd really like the range to be increased, so that I could set it even slower.

As some have said, it's the map that's too big and takes up too many resources. It would be wiser to reduce the size of the map for the test versions and add the missing pieces as the map is filled in, in the meantime allowing zombies to move normally without teleportation, which is much better for game comfort.

Reactions: Alket

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Is this Matto posting on Discord?
Yes
Stop! every time you post an artwork you make me want that you release a new update right now!
What? Would you like to know more?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If the heroine isn't perma-merged with that monster as a game over, my horny will be disappointed.
you might wanna read this:

NB: all this stuff is pulled from the public channel on Discord

tree1423

Sep 18, 2022
anybody have the PER prototype B build by any chanceee? :D I swear all the different versions were so easy to find before all over the net, but in the last 4 months everything disappeared.

Reactions: Tomoushie

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Yes

What? Would you like to know more?

Vous voudrez peut-être lire ceci:

NB: tout cela est retiré de la chaîne publique sur Discord
[/CITATION]
My understanding of English isn't perfect and I couldn't translate it because it's an image, but if I've understood it correctly: the character will be able to get pregnant but not like Biohassard where you can control the character on the map during the pregnancy but after a kind of cinematic, the character is kidnapped and there's a scene you can see where the character is impregnated and the character will stay there stuck, there may be (but it hasn't been confirmed) probably a rescue operation for the kidnapped characters, in the meantime you'll have to play the other female characters (certainly the 2 other women near the store at HQ).

I'm not going to say I'm disappointed, but I must admit I would have liked to have been able to control the character during the pregnancy and see some inflation.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
My understanding of English isn't perfect and I couldn't translate it because it's an image, but if I've understood it correctly: the character will be able to get pregnant but not like Biohassard where you can control the character on the map during the pregnancy but after a kind of cinematic, the character is kidnapped and there's a scene you can see where the character is impregnated and the character will stay there stuck, there may be (but it hasn't been confirmed) probably a rescue operation for the kidnapped characters, in the meantime you'll have to play the other female characters (certainly the 2 other women near the store at HQ).

I'm not going to say I'm disappointed, but I must admit I would have liked to have been able to control the character during the pregnancy and see some inflation.
You are partially correct: there will be events with self contained gameplay mechanics to them, IDK if u played one of his previous projects demo, PU, but if you do, you should be familiar with the "kidnap and escape" segment; there will be events just like that in OGZ and some of them will involve pregnancy.
Matto is going the realistic, survival, route, meaning that defeat will have gameplay impacting consequences
1690313313191.png
So yeah, you will not see characters impregnated by mutants running around because, let's face it, that's not very realistic...

This is the plan, as always, this stuff is in conceptual phase and bound to change/evolve in some way...

Reactions: Eden7 and Tomoushie

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
You are partially correct: there will be events with self contained gameplay mechanics to them, IDK if u played one of his previous projects demo, PU, but if you do, you should be familiar with the "kidnap and escape" segment; there will be events just like that in OGZ and some of them will involve pregnancy.
Matto is going the realistic, survival, route, meaning that defeat will have gameplay impacting consequences
View attachment 2800053
So yeah, you will not see characters impregnated by mutants running around because, let's face it, that's not very realistic...

This is the plan, as always, this stuff is in conceptual phase and bound to change/evolve in some way...
Yes I played Project Unknown: Section 7, the woman is in a spaceship or station and she has to collect keys to open certain doors and gain access to other areas, this was not the test version but a well advanced version that I played, I also played Project EliminationTest 0.55 and Delta Zone 15.1

What kind of impact will pregnancy have on gameplay? And will there be a a childbirth or not? (if you are able to provide it)

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
You know how in the previous game you have a soft 'game over' where the MC is in a room and can only slowly crawl away from the monster, but the monster is faster so always catches her.

Is there any plan to bring something similar to this?

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes