Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes
Apr 2, 2019
It's looking good to me, so far. I prefer my adult games to be more than a gallery. Which is why I enjoy games like this one, and those other open world games from "Bugthesda", which I've installed a bunch of lewd mods into. ;)
I still plan to add OGZ to my Steam Wishlist, whenever it pops up in the Steam store. (y)

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Closed testing group found some soft locking bugs and there's a rendering glitch, Matto's fixing; update will be released as soon as ready, as part of the next Patreon post, the build will either be available there or released on Discord.
Note that this next test build will focus on a bunch of low level core game functionalities, adult stuff will not be included.

Funkydolphne

Jun 10, 2017
Did the release get delayed? There were two dates on patreon. The 10th and 15th it’s now the 16th and I don’t see a new build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
the developer in Discord said to expect a release from 15-26th
We've played this build a lot and found a series of issues, expecially with performances in the open world, now that the map is of the final/target size, due to a combination of lack of LODs (there was no time to create that yet) and a couple of error with the world generator that Matto designed which caused recursion in some cases (basically it saturated certain areas with clutter and performances tanked due to the amount of poligons)...hopefully all the issues have been identified and are being fixed, he wants to showcase the world map in the best possible state.

Anolas

Jun 26, 2020
We've played this build a lot and found a series of issues, expecially with performances in the open world, now that the map is of the final/target size, due to a combination of lack of LODs (there was no time to create that yet) and a couple of error with the world generator that Matto designed which caused recursion in some cases (basically it saturated certain areas with clutter and performances tanked due to the amount of poligons)...hopefully all the issues have been identified and are being fixed, he wants to showcase the world map in the best possible state.
With contents filling up, performance issues are inevitable since the current build is not very optimized.

Nor-40k

Jan 6, 2019
Hi there :)
I bet it was asked before, but does the devoloper/Matto plan to work on Project Unknown: Section 7 or is it abandoned for good? All his projects were kind of entertaining, but his first I found to be especially enjoying. Best regards and thanks in advance!

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Hi there :)
I bet it was asked before, but does the devoloper/Matto plan to work on Project Unknown: Section 7 or is it abandoned for good? All his projects were kind of entertaining, but his first I found to be especially enjoying. Best regards and thanks in advance!
PU was a prototype that eventually evolved into this game.
This game will have sections of indoor maps that will closely resemble that atmosphere, but the scope is no longer a linear "Resident Evil-like" game, but a more complex and open one.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017

The build is NOT FREE, please if you're interested support the development of the game, the dev needs to eat to survive and work on the project

TLDR for the new build: This build is a showcase of the high end systems that will make up the game, it does not yet have adult content at this point.

What we have:
  • Safe area for the character
  • Loadout personalization
  • Deployment functionality
  • Combat system revamped (enemy is still the placeholder one)
  • Outpost and vendor areas
  • Vehicle lifecycle and repair (in the outposts)
  • Procedural Map runtime generation and exploration (this is by far the biggest ordeal that the dev has undertook, it still has some bugs, but we're getting there)
  • Fixed, handcrafted map exploration
  • Seamless transitions between caves and outside map
  • New menus (a bit buggy with mouse collisions, we're aware)
  • New bugs and glitches
What is ready but was not included due to lack of content
  • Mission/Job system (right now you can only select the "free roaming" mission, new jobs will be added later)
  • Outfits (the system to change outfits is in this build actually, but there are no options yet)
What is pending and needs more development
  • Adult module (reason why it shouldn't be posted here, honestly)
  • Character personalization
  • Different enemies
  • Indoor areas
  • Different biomes (right now we only have the depressing tundra biome)
  • Polish, a lot of polish
This marks the endgame section of "phase 2" (systems), once feedback is in and the broken stuff is fixed, Matto will move to "phase 3" (content).

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes