Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
But like fr tho would fog help with performance
All I know about fog affecting performance is Minecraft with Optifine mod telling me to turn it off for more FPS

X-ecutor

Oct 22, 2018

TL/DR:

• First iteration of the "Team Management System".
  • Implementation of the "Plugin & Addon System", to allow modding and the separation of adult content from the main game.
  • First official pass of the quad bike model, taking inspiration from Halo and Planetside 2.
  • Started creation of the final character model and features, very early look at it.
  • Started planning for the "resurrection" of the side scroller project, aka Project Elimination; this was decided after a lot of requests and feedback from y'all.
NB: Matto also announced that, due to a fuckton of pressure he'll "slow down" for a couple of months, he'll still work on the project, but he will not rush himself to death; this was also decided after, practically, all the Discord told him to slow tf down to avoid a burnout.
Team management? I think I am missing something....

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Team management? I think I am missing something....
You'll be able to play a number of operators, if you loose one you'll swap to another, the lost one (unless shot in the head or blown to pieces) will spawn a "rescue mission"; yes, NSFW "rescue missions", where you'll have to recover her from some monster hive from some very unpleasant situations wink wink.
Also a bit of base building / customization it's being explored as a possibility, to give these characters something to do while not on missions.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
[...]

Edit: Not too keen on the new character model I must say, much prefer the current realistic but curvy design, the hips are too large and exaggerated for my tastes.
You know, I kinda agree with you...this has been brought up on the discord feedbacks and Matto stated that he was trying a more "stylized" style for her and see how was received...but honestly there are a lot of thicc fans that like it more this way...nevertheless, the model is VERY early and is still being worked on.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

vaporware

Jan 18, 2019
The team management menus look very similar to later mgs games. Is the goal to have these tech and medical teams produce tools/weapon/armor to fight past rising difficulties or barriers?

Might be a bit dense over just handing over supplies to the kiosk lady to craft you new bikini armor.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Im

Im running a rx 6600 and a ryzen 5 3600
That's RDNA2, disable RVT in the options menu.

what is RVT and how doth thou turn it off?
It's in the game options, access it from the main menu before launching the game and switch it off:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you have time and want to run a test for us, since we don't have the hardware to debug it, try running the game in compatibility mode Windows Vista, to see if it forces it to use older compatible APIs; also, if you're running a GPU monitor, could you confirm if the crash occurs while the game renders on DX11 or DX12?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022
You'll be able to play a number of operators, if you loose one you'll swap to another, the lost one (unless shot in the head or blown to pieces) will spawn a "rescue mission"; yes, NSFW "rescue missions", where you'll have to recover her from some monster hive from some very unpleasant situations wink wink.
Also a bit of base building / customization it's being explored as a possibility, to give these characters something to do while not on missions.
and if I play "badly" and lose all the agents, it's game over?

That's RDNA2, disable RVT in the options menu.

It's in the game options, access it from the main menu before launching the game and switch it off:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you have time and want to run a test for us, since we don't have the hardware to debug it, try running the game in compatibility mode Windows Vista, to see if it forces it to use older compatible APIs; also, if you're running a GPU monitor, could you confirm if the crash occurs while the game renders on DX11 or DX12?
You still haven't found an AMD person to test and stuff?
As I recall, you've already tried

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
and if I play "badly" and lose all the agents, it's game over?

You still haven't found an AMD person to test and stuff?
As I recall, you've already tried
It might be the only way to actually get a gameover in the game.

No, we've not, when was time to actually work on this, when the issue first appeared, a guy had the patience to try 2 things then disappeared, we managed to identify the problem thanks to him, but for the actual debug part he bolted, we asked over and over on Discord but no one was willing to or was patient enough to actually commit to the testing phase...so Matto slapped a workaround to make it playable for AMD users, said "fuck it" and moved on...he'll probably try again before actual release...maybe if sales are good enough to sustain him, he might also try again and really commit to a move toward U5, but that might require some redesign of the systems...

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Mar 27, 2022
It might be the only way to actually get a gameover in the game.

No, we've not, when was time to actually work on this, when the issue first appeared, a guy had the patience to try 2 things then disappeared, we managed to identify the problem thanks to him, but for the actual debug part he bolted, we asked over and over on Discord but no one was willing to or was patient enough to actually commit to the testing phase...so Matto slapped a workaround to make it playable for AMD users, said "fuck it" and moved on...he'll probably try again before actual release...maybe if sales are good enough to sustain him, he might also try again and really commit to a move toward U5, but that might require some redesign of the systems...
how hard can it be?
does it require any skills or just the "put it there and run it" skill?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
how hard can it be?
does it require any skills or just the "put it there and run it" skill?
Nope, no skill, just describe what happens when and where it crashes, follow a couple of instructions like "try running with a shortcut and forced -dx11 argument in windows vista mode to force DX11 instead of 12" (<- a test no one was willing to do apparently), or maybe use rivatuner to confirm which API you're running (another thing that NO ONE has been able to tell us with certainty and we were forced to speculate)...so yeah, since Matto doesn't own AMD, doesn't have the money to buy one and no one seemed to give half a fuck, he slapped a workaround and called it a day instead of wasting time against the windmills trying to solve something he couldn't even test.

(Yes I'm still frustrated because of how people behaved on the discord about that, expecially since they were impacted)

Can i pre-order now on steam? I have to do it before its get blocked in my country.
The Steam page is not yet available, Matto wants to set it up once he'll have a truly playable demo and not just a proof of concept.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes