Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Is the gallery compatible with 4.01a?
Because I keep getting this error while trying to access the gallery-

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 331, in execute
screen gallery:
screen gallery:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 355, in execute
frame:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 358, in execute
hbox:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 362, in execute
imagebutton:
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'bibifoc/gui/button/return_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3006, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3417, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 566, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3417, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
screen gallery:
screen gallery:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 355, in execute
frame:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 358, in execute
hbox:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 362, in execute
imagebutton:
File "renpy/ui.py", line 952, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'bibifoc/gui/button/return_%s.png').

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch4.01a
Sun Mar 5 15:05:13 2023
```
You haven't installed the mod properly. In your trace, the mod can't find images in "game/bibifoc/gui/button" folder.

There are installation instructions at the end of the mods post. You have to unzip the whole content of zip files in <Project Myriam>/game folder.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
There's a problem with the version of the patch that the game is built on where Marc doesn't refer to MC as Mom and the game doesn't connect them in any way.

Apr 16, 2021
Amazing game, just wanted to ask is the current android version including all content?

I know previous versions had some content removed

Reactions: Zorlun

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
There's a problem with the version of the patch that the game is built on where Marc doesn't refer to MC as Mom and the game doesn't connect them in any way.
Are you talking about Prometheus' patch (shared with the game) or the incest patch from ouch2020?
The former shouldn't have any problem, the later may not be up to date yet.
Amazing game, just wanted to ask is the current android version including all content?

I know previous versions had some content removed
As I understand the Android version shared by estrada777 is made from the version I shared on the main page (which contain Prometheus' patch, meaning have all the content).

• Red Heart
Reactions: PCPrincipalBro

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Prometeus patch afik only enables the Bestiality content, and you need the I patch to give it a turn in you prefered direction, anyway it is no Bestiality content in this update and only Katherine talking to Myriam a in a few frames
No Marc

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Prometheus patch shared with the game.
Prometeus patch afik only enables the Bestiality content, and you need the I patch to give it a turn in you prefered direction, anyway it is no Bestiality content in this update and only Katherine talking to Myriam a in a few frames
No Marc
As xapican said, Prometheus' patch only contain some bestiality scenes censored due to Patreon's guidelines, but all the incest setting was rewritten due to the same guidelines but are not corrected by the patch.
If you wish to see the incest setting in the game, you will have to use ouch2020's Incest patch, but I think you will have to wait, I don't think it's up to date with the current version yet.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
tl;dr light and dark as paralelism of life/order and death/chaos are universal human mind concepts, not religious

Light and dark are used by religion, but are not religious concepts.

attuned to the light cycle. Night is when the body decays and rests (unless you break the natural cycle through bad habits pretty common pre30s).

[...]

What you could argue as semireligious is the paralelism between light and order, and night and chaos. But once again its more spiritual and conceptual rather than purely religious.

Religious or not, you do not accept a pure creature in very dark colors, your subconscious tells you there is something wrong or hidden behind.
Hmm, most of your points seems logical, yet, if it is true that darkness is often associated with death, while Hollywood has publicised a conception that indeed exist not only in Hollywood movies of darkness corresponding to evil and chaos, you should also remember that darkness is also associated with rest (and effectively, death is also called the ethernal rest, and there are expressions like requiescat in pace, rest in peace).
The cyrcadian reference would be correct, if it was not also wrong.
The disruption of the light/activity-dark/sleep cycle does have negative consequences, as well as insufficient light for long periods, however, it is not the absence of light in absolute, it is the disruption of the cycle and the imbalance (too much light, or even normal light, for too long, also has a negative impact).
"Decays" is a very wrong term, "rest" is much better, effectively, night and sleep is when the body actually does the opposite of "decaying", it recovers energies and heals, as well as (between others) fix memories.
It is true that if you were to rest for too long (long coma style), the muscles would lose tone and become weak, but again, it is a matter of balance, not of absolutes (without darkness and sleep, you muscles will not be able to recover from efforts and thus will not reap the benefits of exercise).
You should remember life would not exist without chaos (if you prefer, entropy) - we like to pretend life is absolute order because we are built on a culture of control :), but without some chaos, we would not exist, and life on Earth as we know it would not exist.
So, seeing them as opposite extremes is a cultural construct and an habit.

But the real reason most people are fearful of the dark is much simpler than anything you wrote and even than what I indicated above :).
We have other senses, but we evolved to mostly use our eyes, we are visual. But in the dark of a forest and of night, our ancestors, similar to us (though maybe less) could not see well, and certainly less than many potential predators :).
Our brain still have some parts that clearly carry over from animals, including that aspect.

The way Zorlun used darkness is actually perfectly valid, as in Myriam wants to rest in peace, and by doing so, she fades away to death.
The light is life, but to experience the beauty of life, she also has to accept to deal with the negative of it, and her demons (well, her Antho-demo :)) are there to remind her going back to life will mean be still able of embracing her dear ones, but also having to deal with those aspects.
My bet is that Zorlun did not ponder about it too much before doing the scene the way he did it, but I think that makes it somehow even better, because it was spontaneous :)

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
As xapican said, Prometheus' patch only contain some bestiality scenes censored due to Patreon's guidelines, but all the incest setting was rewritten due to the same guidelines but are not corrected by the patch.
If you wish to see the incest setting in the game, you will have to use ouch2020's Incest patch, but I think you will have to wait, I don't think it's up to date with the current version yet.
Ouch's also doesn't play well with JokerLeader's multi-mod, I ran into this problem on your last upload that I downloaded.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
The way Zorlun used darkness is actually perfectly valid, as in Myriam wants to rest in peace, and by doing so, she fades away to death.
The light is life, but to experience the beauty of life, she also has to accept to deal with the negative of it, and her demons (well, her Antho-demo :)) are there to remind her going back to life will mean be still able of embracing her dear ones, but also having to deal with those aspects.
After I realised Myriam wasn't in a classical version of Hell (which is normally rather warm, but 2 of the '9 Circles of Hell' in 'Dante's Inferno' were very cold...) I interpreted the darkness and the light as Myriam's fears, in a similar way to you. Submissive Myriam would avoid conflict and danger by retreating from the light, but slowly expire in the dark. Brave/dominant Myriam would face her fears and challenge Anthony to return to the light and life. Zorlun could have catered to this by having brave Myriam recover quickly, while submissive Myriam might hang between life and death for days longer, before love for her children drew her back - with the doctors amazed, after almost losing her.

We're probably all over analysing this scene, but I'm sure Zorlun will be amused by our differing interpretations.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
We're probably all over analysing this scene [...]
This. ^^

But on the other hand why not? The February update didn't offer much else to talk about. Sexy Katherine is unfortunately taboo, the two nurses were busy with each other and Evelyn just arrived at the scene. But I am sure Zorlun will find exciting "opportunities" at the hospital in the next update. I doubt Myriam will be sent home anytime soon, given the condition she's in.

I just wonder what exactly happened with Anthony? I know the "asshole" is very unpopular and most would like to see him dead rather sooner than later, but he's Myriam's husband after all. And who know's? If Myriam is being played really submissively there might be enough devotion left to forgive his deeds. If I remember correctly, Zorlun was planning one of the upcoming "weird" things related to Myriam's social work to happen inside a prison...
Well, I wouldn't mind. IMHO Myriam needs more guidance in her life.

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
After I realised Myriam wasn't in a classical version of Hell (which is normally rather warm, but 2 of the '9 Circles of Hell' in 'Dante's Inferno' were very cold...) I interpreted the darkness and the light as Myriam's fears, in a similar way to you. Submissive Myriam would avoid conflict and danger by retreating from the light, but slowly expire in the dark. Brave/dominant Myriam would face her fears and challenge Anthony to return to the light and life. Zorlun could have catered to this by having brave Myriam recover quickly, while submissive Myriam might hang between life and death for days longer, before love for her children drew her back - with the doctors amazed, after almost losing her.

We're probably all over analysing this scene, but I'm sure Zorlun will be amused by our differing interpretations.
This. ^^

But on the other hand why not? The February update didn't offer much else to talk about. Sexy Katherine is unfortunately taboo, the two nurses were busy with each other and Evelyn just arrived at the scene. But I am sure Zorlun will find exciting "opportunities" at the hospital in the next update. I doubt Myriam will be sent home anytime soon, given the condition she's in.

I just wonder what exactly happened with Anthony? I know the "asshole" is very unpopular and most would like to see him dead rather sooner than later, but he's Myriam's husband after all. And who know's? If Myriam is being played really submissively there might be enough devotion left to forgive his deeds. If I remember correctly, Zorlun was planning one of the upcoming "weird" things related to Myriam's social work to happen inside a prison...
Well, I wouldn't mind. IMHO Myriam needs more guidance in her life.
Well, not really over analyzing, I actually put some thoughts into that scene, but yeah, it's pretty fun seeing people talking about it, I'm glad to see it made people think on it. ^^

For Anthony, Myriam is done with him this time, it was the goal of that scene after all, but yes, it will reappear in the sub plot line concerning prisoners (though it's not into the "weird events", these events are all about supranatural and strange events), but no spoiler on that front.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
For Anthony, Myriam is done with him this time, it was the goal of that scene after all [...]
Understandable. Shooting her is really a little on the unforgivable side...

But then we surely need a believable replacement for Anthony. Marc is just not dominant enough and the cops don't care about Myriam - they just use her as mindless fuck toy. The submissive trait was one of the first traits being used in this game - way before Myriam was adapting any willpower and dominance. There should be a continuation IMHO.
[...] it [he?] will reappear in the sub plot line concerning prisoners [...]
I knew it! :p
Can't wait for that "reunion"...

Viressa

May 24, 2018

But then we surely need a believable replacement for Anthony. Marc is just not dominant enough and the cops don't care about Myriam - they just use her as mindless fuck toy. The submissive trait was one of the first traits being used in this game - way before Myriam was adapting any willpower and dominance. There should be a continuation IMHO.
What do you mean by a "replacement?" Why add another character who's just Anthony in all but name? Zorlun's going to add a bad end into the earlier part of the game at some point where Myriam can stay with Anthony and be his willing fuckdoll victim forever, if that's what you're into.

Reactions: Nakeeva and Zorlun

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020

There will be two other possibilities on the submissive side of Myriam, Charles and Nubia. Two dominant partners with a penchant for some bdsm. Though their relationship with Myriam will not be like the one she had with Anthony, he was a caricatural stupid character, both are more on the cunning predator side, not necessarily bad characters, but not really good ones either, they will be on the gray side.
More of them this chapter.
I knew it! :p
Can't wait for that "reunion"...
It wont happen quite yet, it will be the other side social works first.

4.40 star(s) 191 Votes